Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:33:25 AM

Everyone who has received devcoins in this round or the previous, please vote for your favorite logos in the vote thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248199.0

Please vote on a scale of 0 to 99, for your favorite logos from the gallery. Whatever you do not vote for will be considered a zero. Voters will automatically be recused from voting on their own logo. Please use a format like:

Alice: 74
Bob: 98
Carol: 62

The votes will be tabulated on Satuday, July 6. The winner will get 8 shares, second place will get 4 shares, third place 2 shares, and 1 for fourth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:57:58 AM

Everyone who has received devcoins in this round or the previous, please vote for your favorite logos in the vote thread:

Please vote on a scale of 0 to 99, for your favorite logos from the gallery. Whatever you do not vote for will be considered a zero. Voters will automatically be recused from voting on their own logo. Please use a format like:

The votes will be tabulated on Satuday, July 6. The winner will get 8 shares, second place will get 4 shares, third place 2 shares, and 1 for fourth.

Done! Is the logo going to be used in the DVC client as well, or just on the site?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:08:38 AM

Done! Is the logo going to be used in the DVC client as well, or just on the site?

Everywhere, and thanks for voting!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 07:12:53 AM

There's no place to vote on that devtome page aegis linked to on the devcoin thread you just linked to, and I did log in and I did get paid shares the last 2 rounds.

So you want us to look at all those designs and then vote on a thread here (the aegis thread you linked to)?  

So how many designs can we vote for, this is not clear to me?  It looks like you're saying vote on your top 3 favorites but that's not clear and some people are only voting for one design while one guy voted for 2 designs.  

It's gonna be out of whack if we don't use the same standard for everyone.

Please clarify.  Thanks.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:14:32 AM

There's no place to vote on that devtome page aegis linked to on the devcoin you linked to, and I did log in and I did get paid shares the last 2 rounds.

So you want us to look at all those designs and then vote on a thread here (the aegis thread you linked to)?  So how many designs can we vote for, this is not clear to me?  It looks like you're saying vote on your top 3 favorites but that's not clear and some people are only voting for one design while one guy voted for 2 designs. 

Please clarify.  Thanks.

In the post you quoted, he gave the link to where you vote at...

And he said any one you don't vote for gets a score of zero, meaning vote for all if you want. If you choose not to, the ones you don't vote for get a 0.

I don't get what was confusing, :p.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 07:18:58 AM

There's no place to vote on that devtome page aegis linked to on the devcoin you linked to, and I did log in and I did get paid shares the last 2 rounds.

So you want us to look at all those designs and then vote on a thread here (the aegis thread you linked to)?  So how many designs can we vote for, this is not clear to me?  It looks like you're saying vote on your top 3 favorites but that's not clear and some people are only voting for one design while one guy voted for 2 designs.  

Please clarify.  Thanks.

And he said any one you don't vote for gets a score of zero, meaning vote for all if you want. If you choose not to, the ones you don't vote for get a 0.

Ok, the thread I get but if people vote for differing amounts that creates a lopsided effect.  For example, 10% of people here will be more active or have more time so they'll vote for many more deigns.  So those X number of designs are getting free votes.  

The reason is that everyone voting has a feeling or a vote regarding all the designs but they're just not expressing them for whatever reason.

We need uniformity.

So everyone who votes, everyone, should have to take the time to choose your top 3 favorite and then assign those top 3 whatever numbers you want.  That way it will be an even and uniform voting protocol and the best or most liked design will win rather than the design which happened to be liked by the busiest or more free Time having individuals.

Aegis (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 87

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:38:40 AM

Can I get http://devcointalk.org/ added to the OP on this thread as a forum for devcoin ?? had a nice flourish of new users, and still more trickling in, the site's got a number of nice little features setup like a news ticker....
1DVC = http://dvcticker.appspot.com/vircurex/1DVC/BTC.png 1BTC = http://dvcticker.appspot.com/vircurex/1BTC/DVC.png 1BTC = http://dvcticker.appspot.com/vircurex/1BTC/USD.png

also members can request to be in the Devtome writers and admin group on the forum... just a nice place to hang out for gentle devcoin devtome related chat Smiley

and I trying to do something clever with posts from this main thread to be cross posted on there.... any stuff to make it a one stop shop to daily check up on various devcoin related stuff... etc so any suggestions please say.... something like showing latests posts on devtome.. and other network and devtome stats

but anyway the site was announced a little while back but never promoted or advertised so this is me pushing it.

Many thanks

FuzzyBear

I just added it as 'The Unofficial Devcoin Forums' (Not sure if it's official, or not.). Would you like 'Devcoin Talk' instead?

-acs26
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:48:32 AM

So you want us to look at all those designs and then vote on a thread here (the aegis thread you linked to)?  So how many designs can we vote for, this is not clear to me?  It looks like you're saying vote on your top 3 favorites but that's not clear and some people are only voting for one design while one guy voted for 2 designs. 

Please clarify.  Thanks.

Ok, the thread I get but if people vote for differing amounts that creates a lopsided effect.  For example, 10% of people here will be more active or have more time so they'll vote for many more deigns.  So those X number of designs are getting free votes. 

The reason is that everyone voting has a feeling or a vote regarding all the designs but they're just not expressing them for whatever reason.

We need uniformity.

So everyone who votes, everyone, should have to take the time to choose your top 3 favorite and then assign those top 3 whatever numbers you want.  That way it will be an even and uniform voting protocol and the best or most liked design will win rather than the design which happened to be liked by the busiest or more free Time having individuals.

The voting situation is irrelevant as to how we vote. The majority of people aren't going to vote just because people don't like to vote. Look at voting in presidential elections or other areas. No matter how you do it, you're still only going to get a small group of people, and the results will always be biased. There's no way around that.

This voting is allowing you to say, for example, "I like this one and this one equally. I think this one's alright, but I like the other two more. This other one I don't like at all." An example there would be 99, 99, 90, 0. They are giving us more options, and more options should never be taken as being a bad thing.

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:34:51 AM

This would be a good idea. For those of us in charge of taking care of checking out articles, we could be put in to a special group where if people try to delete an article or wipe it, it would go in to a queue for us to look into and either accept or deny the changes. I think that would be a perfect solution.
On the main devtome page....to the left there's 'Recent Changes' - select it to show several pages worth of them; all and any edits are listed there, including deletions.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:45:14 AM

This would be a good idea. For those of us in charge of taking care of checking out articles, we could be put in to a special group where if people try to delete an article or wipe it, it would go in to a queue for us to look into and either accept or deny the changes. I think that would be a perfect solution.
On the main devtome page....to the left there's 'Recent Changes' - select it to show several pages worth of them; all and any edits are listed there, including deletions.

Got you. That works too! Thanks, :p.

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 11:31:37 AM

Can I get http://devcointalk.org/ added to the OP on this thread as a forum for devcoin ?? had a nice flourish of new users, and still more trickling in, the site's got a number of nice little features setup like a news ticker....
1DVC = 1BTC = 1BTC =

also members can request to be in the Devtome writers and admin group on the forum... just a nice place to hang out for gentle devcoin devtome related chat Smiley

and I trying to do something clever with posts from this main thread to be cross posted on there.... any stuff to make it a one stop shop to daily check up on various devcoin related stuff... etc so any suggestions please say.... something like showing latests posts on devtome.. and other network and devtome stats

but anyway the site was announced a little while back but never promoted or advertised so this is me pushing it.

Many thanks

FuzzyBear

I just added it as 'The Unofficial Devcoin Forums' (Not sure if it's official, or not.). Would you like 'Devcoin Talk' instead?

-acs26

Thank you for adding, and yes please list it as "Devcoin Talk Forum" if that is ok?

FuzzyBear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 12:39:36 PM

Ok we REALLY need to update all the places that people can download the devcoin client from as it is causing sooo much extra work.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212558.msg2634774#msg2634774

Many thanks

FuzzyBear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:40:29 PM

Now something on topic:

Anybody hear of Martin Armstrong?

The guy is a super brilliant economist.  As a wannabe economist I thought I knew them all.  I have no idea how I missed this guy.  This guy has one of the most amazing minds I've ever seen.  

At any rate, he thinks alternative currencies are gonna go gaga cause the "state" started Bitcoin and anything the govt wants is nowadays always funded by big "special-interest" money - the biggest of which are banks and that means strap on your seat-belts cause if he's right (and I've written the same eerily, exact stuff for the past 10 weeks) then all alt coins will take off as demand will greatly outstrip supply for the short run.

The argument outlined by Armstrong and myself is that a digital currency in the hands of banks and the govt would give them absolute control on every level and lead to the biggest totalitarian state the world has ever seen.  The more reason one needs to make money on this next wave if it comes, as it's gonna be "Gatica" after that.

The coming alt coin mania should make the dot com bubble look like the housing bubble of the 70's.  Of course everyone knows housing went up like 1.2% during that entire decade.  Lol.

But it's gonna be fast and incredibly furious, lasting at most 2-3 years before the govt takes full control and kills all but one crypto-coin.  Anybody who gets in early, like right now and holds on and doesn't sell at the first spike can become a millionaire.  Can devcoin be that one coin?  Well, from a social, political and economics point of view, devcoin is the perfect sell and fit, and the perfect coin from the view of any or most governments.  So like I've said, devcoin is a long term hold, 24-36 months.

Mine 'em, buy 'em, and shelf 'em!

Take care and good luck guys!

If banks were to go to the crypto route by choice instead of being forced then why wouldn't they create their own like ripple and then force the people through law to abide by the new currency instead of usdx cadx etc? Why would they take a crypto that has been mined and owned with large amounts to people of the public? That goes against their special interests as banks and social elites?

Good question to ask is why would the bank "go to" any of these crypto's and claim it to be their own and use it. I would have thought that the people would use it and stop using fiat forcing banks to turn to the crypto's or go bankrupt. Only wya for this to happen is for websites to popup accepting crypto's aswell as consumer space and wage's to be paid out in crypto's... that is the only way. When employers/consumer electronics jump on the train then we are in, as at that point the banks wont be able to finance their own debt as no more loans are taken out in fiat currency (new lenders of crypto's open up, unregulated by law but regulated by the people through a trust system). The scam list will grow at first but people will learn there is more money to be made by simply providing a true service rather than scamming and a few large crypto lenders will open up.
weisoq

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:39:09 PM

Now something on topic: Anybody hear of Martin Armstrong? ... digital currency ...
Not quite devcoin specific thread material but... Digital currency - has been the wet dream of central bankers for a long time. An FT blog writes about it quite often - e.g. guest-post-the-case-for-digital-tender and the-case-for-official-e-money-1. You have to sign up to read them if interested but there's no charge. I also doubt you'll agree with everything they say - neither did I - but worth a read in my opinion. Armstrong - quite a controversial bloke, not necessarily a bad thing, but a lot of opinions that are hard to completely reconcile with previous ones over time, and with a liking for very vague writings could fit him into the pay to hear you what you want hear conference type. However he does make some interesting points and observations at times, especially on counter-conventional trends and thoughts. He also has his own site somewhere if you google.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 01:45:46 AM

Bitcoin going to wallstreet and then soon MainStreet.  Like I've been saying since I got here, alternative coins are gonna sky rocket as soon as bitcoin goes mainstream which should be by next year.

ETF for Bitcoin coming which will change the whole idea of alt coins which will bring in the masses and wallstreet.  Hang on, it's gonna all start very soon:

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/07/01/first-name-in-the-first-fund-for-bitcoins-winklevoss/?_r=0

Edit:

@Sidnujag:  

no, forcing people would never work and why do all the work of millions of programmers when you can let capitalism find the best route, best coin and at the same time have it catch fire cause people think they're going against the status quo.

One executive order can confiscate bitcoin in defense of national security.  That's simple.  Or you think they legally took everyone's gold back in the 30's but no way they can confiscate a fake currency laundering billions and which is not controlled by anyone?  Let's get real.

@WeisoQ:  

I see your point and I agree on Armstrong.  This is all relevant to devcoin because devcoin and all alt coins have their value and destiny pegged to bitcoin.  If bitcoin goes mainstream then devcoin et al will soon follow.  

If bitcoin gets an ETF then soon there will be an alt currency ETF which will bring billions in fresh speculative dollar investments.  I've been saying all along its all gonna blow up bigger than the dot com bubble and now that I see this ETF news I'm even more convinced.  I didn't expect an ETF so soon, this is actually moving faster than even I thought.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 02:40:17 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 08:19:13 PM by markm

are there still plans for an open transactions for grannies - or idiots like me - and/or any way to gauge asset volumes at price, as well as prices on OT even if it's view-only?

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

-MarkM-

Thanks mark got that, no volume info/transaction history? (Vlad, this is what I was referring and long term plans or ideas I've read and listened about to enable dummies to access and use open transactions. I can't really go into more detail without just cutting and pasting other links to OT as I'm still learning about it).

Each individual Open Transactions server has as part of its own markets system historical records of trades, although on my server we several times deleted all that in the course of upgrading the software.

Unfortunately though the vast majority of trade so far tends to be simple private deals between nations corps etc; the market maker scripts system we had running to do load testing and such eventually stopped being used although we still have the scripts so if the principles do want to turn them on again that can be done.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
weisoq

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:12:34 PM

Each individual Open Transactions server has as part of its own markets system historical records of trades, although on my server we several times deleted all that in the course of upgrading the software.

Unfortunately though the vast majority of trade so far tends to be simple private deals between nations corps etc; the market maker scripts system we had running to do load testing and such eventaully stopped being used although we still have the scripts so if the principles do want to turn them on again that can be done.

-MarkM-
Fair enough. Here's someone hoping they do get turned on again some day. Interesting price diferentials.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:38:22 PM

On another note...

It is July 3rd and we have hit block 96,000.  What should I expect in terms of payments for Devtome Round 24?

I'm curious how this all works on the payment end, and admittedly a bit excited too Smiley

EDIT:  I understand how payments are figured out.  When will I see them in my wallet?
weisoq

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:07:56 PM

On another note...

It is July 3rd and we have hit block 96,000.  What should I expect in terms of payments for Devtome Round 24?

I'm curious how this all works on the payment end, and admittedly a bit excited too Smiley

EDIT:  I understand how payments are figured out.  When will I see them in my wallet?
Payment is made as blocks are generated, so that means that if, for example there were 10 payees on the receiver list for round 24 with an equal number of shares...on block 96,000 45,000dvc are paid out to payee 1 (50,000 x 0.9 because 10% goes to miners), on block 96,001 45k dvc are paid out to payee 2 etc until it reaches payee 10, then after that goes back to payee 1 etc etc, so that means payment is in gradual increments of 45k dvc, the number of which in reality will depend on any person's share and the total number of shares (it's not always 45,000 - depends whether whole/half/fifth shares etc but principle is the same). When you receive newly generated blocks, they have to 'mature' by receiving 120 confirmations (bascially acquire enough confirmations to make sure they're legit). You won't have to wait too long and yes it is quite exciting when you get them.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:12:05 PM

On another note...

It is July 3rd and we have hit block 96,000.  What should I expect in terms of payments for Devtome Round 24?

EDIT:  I understand how payments are figured out.  When will I see them in my wallet?
Payment is made as blocks are generated, so that means that if, for example there were 10 payees on the receiver list for round 24 with an equal number of shares...on block 96,000 45,000dvc are paid out to payee 1 (50,000 x 0.9 because 10% goes to miners), on block 96,001 45k dvc are paid out to payee 2 etc until it reaches payee 10, then after that goes back to payee 1 etc etc, so that means payment is in gradual increments of 45k dvc, the number of which in reality will depend on any person's share and the total number of shares (it's not always 45,000 - depends whether whole or half shares but principle is the same). When you receive newly generated blocks, they have to 'mature' by receiving 120 confirmations (bascially acquire enough confirmations to make sure they're legit). You won't have to wait too long and yes it is quite exciting when you get them.

To add on, download this file:

http://devtome.com/files/receiver_24.csv

That shows the order in which shares are paid. So if your address shows up in row 18 and 37, you would be paid in block 96009 and 96038 (as the rows technically start with #10). The number of times you will find your address in the file depends on how many shares you earned.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: