Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:09:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058397 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:28:21 AM

A new client for Mac would be great, kind of hard to manage it right now (bugs with copy /paste) due to the fact that it launches in the terminal (command line mac app).

All right, try it again with a download from https://www.box.com/s/ntna8dibxek351s42fxu

As this now no longer includes the daemon version, those that want the osx version of that can get it from: https://www.box.com/s/5f21cf8812nhsonpj8jm

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 04:25:05 AM

Anybody seen finshaggy?  He's dissapeared.

Ever since those 3 trolls attacked him like 3 weeks ago he's vanished.  He used to post regularly and now all of a sudden:  nothing.  I hope he's ok.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
twobits

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:51:43 AM

Ever since those 3 trolls attacked him like 3 weeks ago he's vanished.  He used to post regularly and now all of a sudden:  nothing.  I hope he's ok.

He posted yesterday ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249545.msg2650027#msg2650027 ).

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:01:19 AM

Honestly, he damages this project more than he helps it. I found out soon after I joined that he was either trying to destroy it or he has no idea what he's doing and is accidentally causing damage. But then again, based on his entire "Bitcoin city" thing, he's doing the same thing to his own project. Kind of sad, really. I was surprised to see that somehow he became an Admin here...

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:17:24 AM

The client I'm currently using for DVC is the 0.3.24-beta version.  I'm thinking I'd like to change to the client found here (https://www.box.com/s/crfmuuhe0f32w5g4nt4i) but haven't downloaded it yet.  If I download the next client and try it out, will the old one still run just fine?  Can I have two DVC clients running on the same computer?

It should.  This will probably change in a future build, but for now they are interoperable as long as you do not encrypt the wallet file.

I am curious.  It seems you joined the forum a month and a half after the new version came out.  Yet you still choose to download the older version.  I have gotten a few support pms and every single time it has turned out they downloaded the old version, and an update fixes their issues.  Why did you choose the old version still?

The client on the official site, or thread or whatever was the wrong version. I joined up long after the new version was released as well but up until a couple weeks ago I had no idea there even was a new version -- I was still using the one with the Bitcoin logo as that is the one that was listed.

Yeah, what he said ^^^  What I remember is that there was a choice of three places to download a client from and I didn't see any indication of one being better than another, so I just made a choice and that's what I got.  It works OK for now, but I bet the newer one is better.

A question on backing up the dat file.  Do I make backups regularly, like once a week?  Or, is the dat file going to be the same as time goes on because after all the client is really a reader of information stored somewhere else (blockchain)?

If/when I get around to downloading the new client, can I use the same dat file so that I can keep my original addresses?  If so, how would I do that?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:32:24 AM

The client I'm currently using for DVC is the 0.3.24-beta version.  I'm thinking I'd like to change to the client found here (https://www.box.com/s/crfmuuhe0f32w5g4nt4i) but haven't downloaded it yet.  If I download the next client and try it out, will the old one still run just fine?  Can I have two DVC clients running on the same computer?

It should.  This will probably change in a future build, but for now they are interoperable as long as you do not encrypt the wallet file.

I am curious.  It seems you joined the forum a month and a half after the new version came out.  Yet you still choose to download the older version.  I have gotten a few support pms and every single time it has turned out they downloaded the old version, and an update fixes their issues.  Why did you choose the old version still?

The client on the official site, or thread or whatever was the wrong version. I joined up long after the new version was released as well but up until a couple weeks ago I had no idea there even was a new version -- I was still using the one with the Bitcoin logo as that is the one that was listed.

Yeah, what he said ^^^  What I remember is that there was a choice of three places to download a client from and I didn't see any indication of one being better than another, so I just made a choice and that's what I got.  It works OK for now, but I bet the newer one is better.

A question on backing up the dat file.  Do I make backups regularly, like once a week?  Or, is the dat file going to be the same as time goes on because after all the client is really a reader of information stored somewhere else (blockchain)?

If/when I get around to downloading the new client, can I use the same dat file so that I can keep my original addresses?  If so, how would I do that?

New client pulls the wallet file from the same location. Ex. when I did the "upgrade" I simply downloaded the new client. Since it's still a Devcoin client it is still looking for the wallet in /roaming/devcoin/

And you have to back up the wallet every 100 addresses, whether that's because you created them or because you sent funds (as that creates an address as well). I personally just use an automatic backup program to keep up with the file and when it changes, it automatically backs it up. Lot easier than having to remember to deal with it, especially when you run 8-9 different wallets, lol.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:31:45 PM

Unthinkingbit confirmed for me that it is every 4k blocks starting with what we are used to for R24 (when I started), so payout is every 4k blocks from 96k (100, 104, 108, 112...) and the stopping point is every 4k blocks as well (93.3k, 97.3, 101.3, 105.3...).
Ok cheers
Sitting Pretty

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:48:19 PM

So who is creating the wall on vircurex DVC/BTC lately?   Now 14+ BTC sitting at 74 satoshi.   Is it a supporter, or someone trying to play?
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:14:27 PM

So who is creating the wall on vircurex DVC/BTC lately?   Now 14+ BTC sitting at 74 satoshi.   Is it a supporter, or someone trying to play?

Another opportunity to educate:  What does "creating a wall" mean?  And what do you mean by "14+ BTC sitting at 74 satoshi"?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:12:06 PM

Another opportunity to educate:  What does "creating a wall" mean?  And what do you mean by "14+ BTC sitting at 74 satoshi"?

The wall is what it's called simply because it's tough to get across. For that order to be taken down, someone has to buy the entire thing.

14+ BTC at 74 satoshi means that someone is offering up 14+ Bitcoins (14.00000000+) for DVC at a rate of 0.00000074 BTC per DVC.

For someone to buy at 73 sat would require people to sell almost 20 million DVC to the guy that is buying at 74 first, which is why it is a "wall."

I'm going to assume whoever is buying it is speculating that the price is going to go back up and they are going to profit off it.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:47:03 PM

Thanks Ranlo and Stan Distortion!  That makes perfect sense  Smiley

Edit:  This brings up another question.

14+ BTC at 74 satoshi means that someone is offering up 14+ Bitcoins (14.00000000+) for DVC at a rate of 0.00000074 BTC per DVC.

For someone to buy at 73 sat would require people to sell almost 20 million DVC to the guy that is buying at 74 first, which is why it is a "wall."

Would that also mean that anyone else who wants to buy DVC at 74 sat would have to wait until that entire order is filled before theirs gets filled?

So... if I really wanted to buy more DVC right now and I didn't want to wait, I'd have to put in an order to buy them at at least 75 sat?
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:41:21 AM

If this works I think this will be the first mainstream media article in favor of alt coins and in specific devcoin.  That would be great for marketing.  I wish I would be able to quantify that so I can get paid marketing shares.  lol, hey, if it's worth marketing shares then why wouldn't I want them?

Good luck with the article  Smiley

How exactly are marketing shares allocated?  I'm thinking I may want to get in on that... eventually.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 07:12:25 AM

I'd guess that close to the highest bid its someone showing some support.

So who is creating the wall on vircurex DVC/BTC lately?   Now 14+ BTC sitting at 74 satoshi.   Is it a supporter, or someone trying to play?

Another opportunity to educate:  What does "creating a wall" mean?  And what do you mean by "14+ BTC sitting at 74 satoshi"?

Here's the line on vircurex:
19,999,555.2856    0.00000074    14.7997

They want to buy 20 million DVC at 0.00000074 BTC each. He's calling it a "wall" because its huge compared to all the other orders, on a chart it would make a tall vertical line. Wall implies other things too, the speculation subforum has plenty of examples, but imho there's nothing like that going on with that bid, it just looks like a substantial offer at the market rate.

This person seems like they already bought 11 or so btc and flashed 20 btc but removed it so they prob spending about 35 to 50 btc at this price. Seems like a noob because he doesnt know how dvc works. Any wall in the bid book will get eaten up slowly but to create a pump is what will drive others to buy. The wall will give incentive to selloff a big chunk to someone whonjust got the coins. A pump would have them add or hold thinking its rising. That person is either greedy or doesnt know how to manage hos position. I did the opposite i created a pump earlier and price rose for 35% subsequently. Noone has made a substantial pump after mine. Ive only seen the occasional attempts
at a few btc in the buy book that gets eaten up slowly as price jist sits there waiting for sellers.

If ur smart u would buy half above market and then place half in the book in increments.
alex0909

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 07:35:55 AM

A new client for Mac would be great, kind of hard to manage it right now (bugs with copy /paste) due to the fact that it launches in the terminal (command line mac app).

All right, try it again with a download from https://www.box.com/s/ntna8dibxek351s42fxu

As this now no longer includes the daemon version, those that want the osx version of that can get it from: https://www.box.com/s/5f21cf8812nhsonpj8jm

works great ! thanks ! should be updated on the website!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 09:15:20 AM

good evening sir, Bitcoin was not created to function as an investment vehicle. Our group has succeeded in keeping the bitcoin blockchain alive for this long and we are not giving up anytime soon...Ira

So you spoke to Satoshi and you know his true function of bitcoin. Bitcoin is at it's core a way to transfer wealth between any two people that have a wallet. To say it isn't an investment vechicle isn't for you to decide. Maybe for you bitcoin isn't an investment vechicle for others it maybe.

good evening, We have focused on sustainability and security. Given the size of the bitcoin project substantial resources have been devoted by a vast network of colleges and universities throughout the world. Take some time to look at some of my projects and let me know what you think..Ira

Mr. Ira, no disrespect but no one on the planet knows the true intent for Bitcoin and it is my opinion that Bitcoin will easily get that ETF license in which case you will be wrong and bitcoin will be a major investment vehicle.

But don't worry, all the "pros" on TV and on wallstreet say Bitcoin doesn't have a chance so what are the odds I'm correct?  

Well, given I've been saying this is coming for the last 3 months I'd say my odds are 100%, but if you choose to listen to the "pros" then my odds are near zero.  So take your pick no sit back and watch.  The difference between me and the other guys is that I look at the big picture while they can't analyze a simple cloud without their minds trapped inside a book.  

And that is the sad part about higher education - it tends to blind those who get it.

Either way, good luck to you, sir.

Shalom,

Vlad

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 09:18:14 AM

I just submitted an article regarding Bitcoin to seeking alpha...
Good luck, although seeking alpha publishes hundreds of articles a day so may have been worth getting some others to read it through for an opinion if you want it to stand out amongst the rest (there's a lot of rubbish written there).

That would have been a good idea.  Wish I wouldn't had thought of it.  I did try my best to weave in some high speculative stocks into the story so hopefully that means they'll send it out to all of those stocks and their investors.  That's the best way to get massive distribution. 

Seeking alpha publishes on sites like Yahoo Finance and a number of others.  Your piece simply has to put enough work for those stocks to be pushed to those sites for those particular stocks. I tried my best but it wasn't easy as my focus was bitcoin, ETFs and Devcoin along with alt coins.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 09:33:38 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 09:44:07 AM by Vlad2Vlad

I think you misunderstand what the etf is about, at least for now. What it means is that a substantial holder of bitcoin either (a) wants to sell out and is setting up a probably more tax efficient way of doing so, otherwise why else set up a taxable, regulated etf when bitcoins are untaxable and unregulated? or (b) wants to create a means by which they can generate fees and trade against (short) their own position, per similar sub-prime shenanigans, where money can be made or at least gains locked in on the way down as well as the way up.

If anyone wants to buy the etf that's up to them, but it makes no sense to do so at whatever the issue price will be when you know the vehicle is being set up by one of the (apparently) largest bitcoin holders who is selling shares backed by bitcoin to facilitate it. Just my opinion obviously but anyone wanting to buy the etf would do better to wait until any offering is complete – probably a very long wait, if at all - and the dust has settled. i.e. who do you think the trust is going to be buying bitcoins from to back the etf? Either it buys on the open market, which amounts to a lot of bitcoins, pushing up the price and the winklevoss holding to a great exit price for them; or they effectively buy their own bitcoins, which amounts to a lot of bitcoins, maintaining a nice price for the winklevoss holding and a great exit price for them. These things are always about optimising profits in an exit plan.

I know how ETF's work and there's one more reason to create an ETF, to drive demand for your product, in this case bitcoin, to bring bitcoin to wallstreet out of the dark alley it's now in.  Did you know one of the largest if not the largest holders of physical gold is the gold ETF?  it's part of the mechanics of any popular fund and it doesnt mean anyone wants to dump, it could mean they want the price to go higher and this ETF will do massive accumulation with other people's money.  good way to make $1 billion from $10 million they currently hold.

This ETF is a derivative of bitcoin, of course I'm gonna buy it, I'm gonna actually buy options on this derivative cause I know once the funds get in on it it's gonna explode.

The winklevoss twins are using their coins as collateral to start the ETF fund.  Once buyers start coming in the rule is that for every 5 shares bought they will go out and buy 1 additional bitcoin.  With less than 12 million bitcoins in existence this will create a massive surge in demand and will basically corner the bitcoin market.  

I have no doubt the govt will approve it and I give it 2-3 months before it starts to really take off.   I say 2-3 months as there's probably going to be accumulation games going on at the beginning.

In fact bitcoin is now being gamed already.  The day this ETF was announced the price of bitcoin dropped every single day.  It's not a coincidence - this is the smart money knowing its gonna be listed so this is like buying in a pre-IPO. I fully expect bitcoin to be taken down to $50 in a matter of weeks for massive accumulation into the news of a successful ETF launch.

I really can't wait to see if all these wallstreet geniuses laughing at the idea will actually be dead wrong.  They truly think there's no way the govt will give bitcoin the license.  I simply don't see how they can't or won't.

If they're right then I'm wrong about everything else.  But if I'm right given the odds are so great against me on this topic then I'm gonna presume the same logic that told me something the masses were wrong about will also prove to be right about everything else related to alt coins.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:24:36 PM

@Vlad2Vlad

i watched ur posts now for some time, after you have been "banned" from the dvc thread from spamming you now start posting ur useless and long posts over the hole btctalk forum, can you stop it? it annoys tons of ppls!

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
alex0909

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:42:32 PM

Well, each time i encrypt my devcoin wallet i am unable to open the client on my mac...
Already deleted all files and backed up my wallet from my cold storage, it just not working sigh*

I dont know where the problem comes from, it launches but at a point it stops working, like if it cannot open the wallet

Imagine users get that problem and dont have a backup for their wallet file... Happily i do.

I get this error : EXCEPTION: NSt8ios_base7failureE       
CDataStream::read() : end of data       
bitcoin in AppInit()       
acs26

July 06, 2013, 10:11:40 PM

@Vlad2Vlad

i watched ur posts now for some time, after you have been "banned" from the dvc thread from spamming you now start posting ur useless and long posts over the hole btctalk forum, can you stop it? it annoys tons of ppls!
He was never banned..

@Vlad2Vlad

I was banned?  What planet are you on?  I was never banned from any thread or blog.

And now you're telling me what threads I can post on.  Stop trolling me, and please Go screw yourself, douchebag.

I think you're confused on what trolling is. However, was that really a way to address him?

Stelmoi = Hater on the prowl, newbie troll alert.

This is reminiscent of the troll attack from 2 weeks ago.

Troll 2.0?  Who's got the vanquish button?

Seriously guys? Bringing up the 'troll attack' again? I thought we straightened it out..

I just submitted an article regarding Bitcoin to seeking alpha.

I do hope your article writing is leaps and bounds better then what you post here in this forum.  

Your postings here show you to be a rambling and boring writer, with very limited technical knowledge, who uses their own emotions as a guide instead logic.

Lol.  In any event, I can't write while sleeping and still manage something more useful and coherent than the drivel you ejected all over your so called post.

You are a fool, and a detriment to the devcoin community.

I don't anybody is currently a 'detriment' to the community. Though, as long as you guys flame each other you both are.
----

I find it amazing how long it takes a flame war to brew. I was just looking at posts yesterday, and today all of this is on the thread.

Will probably be deleting the posts later on. But I'm not sure yet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: