Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:29:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tibbers

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:21:31 PM

Trying to collect bounty for the Devcoin animated video (3 mins in length).  The bounty was listed at 24 shares, who do I give this video to?  This is my first bounty so someone please explain how turning it in works...  I see no person in particular to send it to or whatever you are wanting.  It is complete and I have it as a mp4 file for someone to download.  Also, is there a place to go to check other bounties or should I just look on here? -BTW I AM BANKS FROM THE DEV FORUM

Let me know what's up, TY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:35:42 PM

Trying to collect bounty for the Devcoin animated video (3 mins in length).  The bounty was listed at 24 shares, who do I give this video to?  This is my first bounty so someone please explain how turning it in works...  I see no person in particular to send it to or whatever you are wanting.  It is complete and I have it as a mp4 file for someone to download.  Also, is there a place to go to check other bounties or should I just look on here? -BTW I AM BANKS FROM THE DEV FORUM

Let me know what's up, TY

When I completed the final button share bounty I PMed the creator of the bounty. I would PM Unthinkingbit and if you check out http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now you can see available bountys.
-AM
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:43:59 PM

who do I give this video to?  

Devtome is all about sharing and open source. Post it on Youtube and provide us with the link. Nobody will claim that it's his video  Cheesy

emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:53:39 AM

sidhujag, is the source code from git supposed to be the newest? I pulled and built a devcoind, and all my transaction cannot be confirmed now ...

Edit: ok, seems not the source but the problem of the makefile. after I revert makefile.unix to the old version (the one before commit 36d595726636255a55c62780a671386c0cc7c505), everything back to normal and ok.
How did you build without libcurl? That commit added libcurl and changed boost stuff.. I dont see how it affects transactions? Why do you think they werent confirmed? Did you wait for new block?

I just add a single line '-l curl' so that it build dynamic against my system libcurl. 2 days passed and hundreds of blocks generated, so I think they were never confirmed.

Ahh I see hmm, but that would mean you have to distribute libcurl.dll with the installation Sad I also enabled -static and -DMT (multi-thread) which might be causing the issue. We probably want to statically link.

Did you statically compile the dependencies? Boost UPNP DB4.3 etc all need to be compiled with static flag when configuring. Otherwise you can get rid of -static and build dynamically and see if it works, but we probably want to release static build to avoid packaging alot of files.

I think it may be the DMT or static issue too, but I cannot confirm. I'd like really to build dynamicly, 'cause as devcoind runs as a daemon on servers, people generally prefer not to use distributed binarys but build themselves.

If have time, I'll try the new building system from bitcoin 0.8.6 and see what happens.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:07:17 AM

Collecting bounty for:

36 shares for a price ticker in a forum.

I made an SMF mod to do just this. Demo can be seen here:

162.243.37.115 (Just a vanilla vps, I wasn't going to grab a domain for a demo)

I've submitted the mod to SMF since I'll be building it out for other coins in the future. I guess it takes some time for them to approve it so I uploaded a copy of the mod to dropbox too:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/591u0hd7sqgaa4g/dvcticker.tar.gz
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3819

It updates every 5 seconds and is linked to crypto-trade.com's devcoin section.

The ticker on the forum at:
http://162.243.37.115

works, so you get the 36 shares and that part of the forum bounty is finished.

The forum is going to be a huge amount of work, many people will moderate it and a few people will code for it. Are you willing to sign on many admins, and bring in code made by other programmers? Alternately, if you want to concentrate on coding, are you willing for someone else to run the site?

Novacadian wrote:

SMF uses a BSD variant. BSD3 if memory serves. That would probably be the way to go if destined for SMF use. If you could put together a README file it would be a help too as to what to do with it once unpacked.

I agree with this. Please make it the same license as SMF2, which is BSD 3, so that everyone can use it without license conflict.

paul3

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:34:45 AM

I have published an article about an investment strategy: http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=investment_plans_using_dollar_cost_averaging

If there is still a bounty available for the investment plans and my article qualifies, I'd be happy to collect a bounty for this.
jdlrexy

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:14:33 AM

I've notice that there is no wikipedia page for devcoin. So many people get their general knowledge from wikipedia that it just makes sense to create a page. Maybe a small bounty need to be established for someone to put it together. Would probably just require moving info from Devtome or the website. It can really help spread awareness.
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:06:27 AM

I've notice that there is no wikipedia page for devcoin. So many people get their general knowledge from wikipedia that it just makes sense to create a page. Maybe a small bounty need to be established for someone to put it together. Would probably just require moving info from Devtome or the website. It can really help spread awareness.

I volunteer to manage a Devcoin page on Wikipedia. I have already begun the page using the Devtome bits:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devcoin

I will work on the formatting, additional information, and complete the article over the next day or two. If there is a bounty decided upon for this work, I'll graciously accept.
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:34:32 AM

I volunteer to manage a Devcoin page on Wikipedia. I have already begun the page using the Devtome bits:

I will work on the formatting, additional information, and complete the article over the next day or two. If there is a bounty decided upon for this work, I'll graciously accept.
Seems a good idea to me. Notice there's already feedback, they're quick! The compiled info on devcoin.org and maybe the FAQ to come could help although looks like it has to be much more fact and stats than opinion.
tenthirtyone

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:43:42 PM

The ticker on the forum at:
http://162.243.37.115

works, so you get the 36 shares and that part of the forum bounty is finished.

The forum is going to be a huge amount of work, many people will moderate it and a few people will code for it. Are you willing to sign on many admins, and bring in code made by other programmers? Alternately, if you want to concentrate on coding, are you willing for someone else to run the site?

I wasn't sure what the present situation was with your forum. I've seen devcointalk. That's why I released the mod. It would have been easier just to write the ticker code but I didn't consider that complete if no one knew what to do with it. The packages made that easier.

If you need me to run a forum I can do that. I had planned on doing the forum bounties as modules though, so you aren't tied to me as the admin. Anyone can install a module.

I am willing to admin and I am willing to code. I can do one or both. I have no problem reviewing others code, working with others, etc. I've done tech for a while now and the one thing that has been consistent is flexibility.

Would this make me an official devcoin/devtome admin in some way?

Novacadian wrote:

SMF uses a BSD variant. BSD3 if memory serves. That would probably be the way to go if destined for SMF use. If you could put together a README file it would be a help too as to what to do with it once unpacked.

I agree with this. Please make it the same license as SMF2, which is BSD 3, so that everyone can use it without license conflict.

Will do. I'm at work right now and I crashed early last night. I'll have BSD 3 on there today/tonight.
melodiem

Activity: 232

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:50:21 PM

Is anyone on this thread able to help me with a Devcoin wallet question?

I have the Gui for windows installed and it was working nicely, showing up balance etc, but in the address book I had 6 receiving addresses all labelled, now it seems to be making it's own addresses? Is this normal, and if so how do I remove all the extra addresses I will never use? (Or at least move them down the screen so the ones I do use are not at the bottom?)

The disadvantages to leaping into a techy world as a writer armed only with a laptop and imagination are obvious, but I'm determined! If anyone could help with this dumb newbie question, Id be so grateful.

weisoq

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:33:52 PM

Is anyone on this thread able to help me with a Devcoin wallet question?

I have the Gui for windows installed and it was working nicely, showing up balance etc, but in the address book I had 6 receiving addresses all labelled, now it seems to be making it's own addresses? Is this normal, and if so how do I remove all the extra addresses I will never use? (Or at least move them down the screen so the ones I do use are not at the bottom?)

The disadvantages to leaping into a techy world as a writer armed only with a laptop and imagination are obvious, but I'm determined! If anyone could help with this dumb newbie question, Id be so grateful.
When you first run the client, it creates a number of addresses  for you.    I think it defaults to 100.  When you receive a payment on the currently shown addresses, it will then show a new one.  It also will use these addresses for change addresses which can be  a source of confusion for people as well.  So you have, unless you set a flag, had at least 100 addresses internally. What this also means is that you can not backup your wallet.dat file once and be done with it.  You need to maintain fresh backups.

This was the response when I asked the same question. Basically means that's normal as there's always a queue of 100 unused addresses.
If that doesn't make sense keep asking questions.
melodiem

Activity: 232

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:51:59 PM

When you first run the client, it creates a number of addresses  for you.    I think it defaults to 100.  When you receive a payment on the currently shown addresses, it will then show a new one.  It also will use these addresses for change addresses which can be  a source of confusion for people as well.  So you have, unless you set a flag, had at least 100 addresses internally. What this also means is that you can not backup your wallet.dat file once and be done with it.  You need to maintain fresh backups.

This was the response when I asked the same question. Basically means that's normal as there's always a queue of 100 unused addresses.
If that doesn't make sense keep asking questions.

Thankyou Weisoq  Smiley Its a great answer. It does raise the question however, what is a flag, and how do I set one?

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 04:38:24 PM

hm, it's already marked for deletion. We need sources.

weisoq

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:54:11 PM

Thankyou Weisoq  Smiley Its a great answer. It does raise the question however, what is a flag, and how do I set one?
Yeah was hoping you wouldn't ask that Smiley

I think it's referring to features that can be enabled on the client, referring to the state of a particular variable - in this case addresses. Devcoin (and other) wallets or clients can be started and run via the command line, which provides greater flexibility in changing the settings, or a 'flag' added to the program shortcut.

But how to do that here, honestly I have no idea, so I'm hoping someone can dig me out of this hole and answer that for you. I will say that you shouldn't need to change it, as they're effectively 'in the background' - you can use settings to highlight particular send/receiving addresses.
Tibbers

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:41:43 PM

Here is the Devcoin video.  I finally got it on youtube, link is below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It86dUFb_H4&feature=youtu.be
Papacrusher

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:21:16 PM

You are not alone, I'm right there with you!  It has been a learning experience to say the least  Smiley

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 07:38:26 PM

Here is the Devcoin video.  I finally got it on youtube, link is below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It86dUFb_H4&feature=youtu.be

s/maystart/may start/

s/Moto/Motto/

This is a bit subtle maybe but when it says popularity is on the rise and shows a generally on average rising plot-line, the line ends on a downwards slope not an upwards slope. Wouldn't it be better for that last hint as to where it is headed be an upwards one?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Unthinkingbit

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:18:53 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 12:04:05 AM by Unthinkingbit

I can get it to just compare lowercase-lowercase, that'll solve that problem, but it entirely depends on whether different people will be using the same names with different capitalizations in the future. If it's safe to assume not, this is easily fixable.

People must use different names. Please change it to compare lowercase-lowercase.

If you just put the round number in without a name, it'll come up with all the shares for that block - missing the bitcoin and devcoin share lists, because they were labelled differently to the others and I'm too tired now to figure out how to include them (Unthinkingbit - any chance you can put a 1-BitcoinShareList or something for the share list peeps in the account files?

Done, Emfox's script should grab the updated version of account.py in a day.

On top of the Smeagol's suggestion:

May I propose a 9 share award for Hunterbunter's site?

I suggest an additional 9 share payment for fixing the lowercase uppercase problem and for other improvements, any objections?

Edit: The code must be open source. All code bounties are for open source code.

Unthinkingbit

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:25:17 PM

Working on the android wallet for DVC, got my first transaction Smiley

Android wallet works in conjunction with the new devcoin client, no new devcoin client = no android wallet.

devcoinj (bitcoinj) minimum protocol version is 7000 (bitcoin 0.8.5), so older client peers wont be able to connect. This is not a fork, its just that the wallet will only work by connecting to peers once the new client is being used and the DNS nodes are updated to the new software.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/devcoin/files/devcoinj.PNG/download

I suggest a 4 share bounty for the first informative testing post of the Android devcoin wallet, then 3 shares, then 2, then 1. It might not be possible to test it until there are new peers, so it might not be possible to test it now, in which case the bounty would just be in wait.

Also, Sidhujag is now Source Admin.

I really liked the mycelium wallet, having ported it over to DVC I realized it was using a centralized API to act as "supernodes" and force the wallet to funnel through the MyCelium server's in order to get/send transactions. Since this API is working on their server acting as a bitcoin server it wouldn't work for my dvc transactions so I wasn't seeing my coins being sent to it. I asked them if they would allow us to clone their API to work for devcoin, but I still am not sure about it since it woudl be a centralized solution, although no blockchain downloading would be necessary and it is super fast.

Currently it only takes a few hours to download the devcoin block chain, so we don't need it yet. Maybe in a year or two the block chain will get so fat that we'll want to avoid downloading it.

Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: