Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cyke64

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:31:58 AM

I would love to test the Android client, but I need a link to the app then.

I would love too to tes the android client as soon as Sidjuhag publish it  Grin
I wrote a little article on devtome describing the new installation steps of the new devcoin client on windows.
Now the client installation is a breeze  Cheesy

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=installing_new_devcoin_windows_client_1.0.10

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:35:14 AM

Working on the android wallet for DVC, got my first transaction Smiley

Android wallet works in conjunction with the new devcoin client, no new devcoin client = no android wallet.

devcoinj (bitcoinj) minimum protocol version is 7000 (bitcoin 0.8.5), so older client peers wont be able to connect. This is not a fork, its just that the wallet will only work by connecting to peers once the new client is being used and the DNS nodes are updated to the new software.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/devcoin/files/devcoinj.PNG/download

I suggest a 4 share bounty for the first informative testing post of the Android devcoin wallet, then 3 shares, then 2, then 1. It might not be possible to test it until there are new peers, so it might not be possible to test it now, in which case the bounty would just be in wait.

Also, Sidhujag is now Source Admin.

I really liked the mycelium wallet, having ported it over to DVC I realized it was using a centralized API to act as "supernodes" and force the wallet to funnel through the MyCelium server's in order to get/send transactions. Since this API is working on their server acting as a bitcoin server it wouldn't work for my dvc transactions so I wasn't seeing my coins being sent to it. I asked them if they would allow us to clone their API to work for devcoin, but I still am not sure about it since it woudl be a centralized solution, although no blockchain downloading would be necessary and it is super fast.

Currently it only takes a few hours to download the devcoin block chain, so we don't need it yet. Maybe in a year or two the block chain will get so fat that we'll want to avoid downloading it.

Well the idea is that the wallet wouldnt need to download a fresh copy of the blockchain anyway... since noone is using it Smiley The real nodes are the clients you and I are using as of now, the android client acts as a thin client, however you can download it (taking 2-3 days  because of the the target smoothing happening on every block, thanks to whoever did that... made life much more difficulty developing as well as testing, and now performance. The emulator downloads 50 blocks under block 12800 but only 5 or 6 max after that because of the averaging.

Im connecting to my own local client running on my PC, it is 1.0.10 and I made sure my router is forwarding 52333 back to my local ip as 52333. Then in my android wallet I can tell it to connect to my ip (router ip not your 192.168.x.x) and then it talks to your pc wallet to download blocks.

In the process of creating my checkpoints using a utility in bitcoinj-tools I found out that the blocks were not downloading after 10700 (which was because the getminfee obviously was changed in devcoin from bitcoin), and then 10800 which was the median timespan averaging (the thing that slows everything down)... and then I noticed block 25000 was crashing the checkpoint utility. After looking at devcoin I realized that checkProofWork() was doing somethign different for merged-mining based on when the aux block started (25000):

Code:
if (nHeight >= GetAuxPowStartBlock())
    {
        // Prevent same work from being submitted twice:
        // - this block must have our chain ID
        // - parent block must not have the same chain ID (see CAuxPow::Check)
        // - index of this chain in chain merkle tree must be pre-determined (see CAuxPow::Check)
        if (!fTestNet && nHeight != INT_MAX && GetChainID() != GetOurChainID())
            return error("CheckProofOfWork() : block does not have our chain ID");

if (auxpow.get() != NULL)
        {
            if (!auxpow->Check(GetHash(), GetChainID()))
                return error("CheckProofOfWork() : AUX POW is not valid");
            // Check proof of work matches claimed amount
            if (!::CheckProofOfWork(auxpow->GetParentBlockHash(), nBits))
                return error("CheckProofOfWork() : AUX proof of work failed");
        }
        else
        {
            if (!::CheckProofOfWork(GetHash(), nBits))
                return error("CheckProofOfWork() : proof of work failed");
        }
    }
    else
    {
        if (auxpow.get() != NULL)
        {
            return error("CheckProofOfWork() : AUX POW is not allowed at this block");
        }

if (!::CheckProofOfWork(GetHash(), nBits))
            return error("CheckProofOfWork() : proof of work failed");
    }
So if I just return true on the first if check where nHeight is >= 25000 it seems to work, however I don't think that is right? proof work will always return true for todays blocks.

Thats where I am right now... then I have to rename bitcoin to devcoin and I have to figure out a way for the devcoin ticker to show in devcoin per btc/devcoin per usd. There are some graphics aswell that we will need I will update you guys on that later after I get the thing working properly.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:11:24 AM

Well looks like all the merge mining stuff may need to be put in as the headers and message are totally different. Didnt expect that.. that will be tough.
Tibbers

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:19:23 AM

Hi guys, I was wondering what I need to do to get a Devtome writers account.  I read the info on Devtome and it said to contact an admin by PM on here so I have, but I have heard nothing back yet.  Is that all I need to do, or is there something else that is holding me back from getting one?  I am pretty new to the community, so forgive my newbishness please =p -"Smells like Burning"
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:23:42 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 06:49:50 AM by Hunterbunter

I think that all code must be open source for devcoin. So where can I find the source code of this site dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com (ticker and shares view) ?

Heya cyke64, yep I understood when I developed it I would release it as open source, and I definitely agree that all bounty work done for devcoins should have available source. I've already put up my shotgun trade bot on github here: https://github.com/hunterbunter/vircurex-python-shotgunbot, because that was easily isolated (and it needed to be tested).

I was facing a dilemma up to this point about code specific to my server, and having to edit the github each time I did a commit to make db passwords etc generic, but a partial solution came to me before I could post this post. I put a user.ini file with the shotgun bot that stored the user/pass of the person using it (if they wanted to), and added it to .gitignore so it wouldn't save it. I can use this strategy for dvccountdown and dvcusd stuff, which should work just fine. I can make those changes then clone / paste links for the two websites so you can see for yourself what a terrible programmer I am Smiley.

Speaking of which, how much depth should I add to the git? Every single file including generic server start/stop files, base.html template with random google analytics code, etc? or just the main code.py that web.py/nginx run, plus the related modules? I can see the general crap being useful to someone trying to set it up themselves, but they'd have to kind of know what they're doing to edit it all to make it relevant to them. Experienced programmers would probably only be interested in code.py, modules/*.py and maybe index.html, as those are the heart of the 'solution'. What do you guys think?

I'm a bit new to actually creating open source stuff, so I welcome an education regarding this, especially as to whether I need to put a license disclaimer on the files or anything.
notabot

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:33:47 AM

Hi guys, I was wondering what I need to do to get a Devtome writers account.  I read the info on Devtome and it said to contact an admin by PM on here so I have, but I have heard nothing back yet.  Is that all I need to do, or is there something else that is holding me back from getting one?  I am pretty new to the community, so forgive my newbishness please =p -"Smells like Burning"

From http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=how_to_get_setup_earning_devcoins_by_writing
If your username starts with A-F, please message FuzzyBear, if your username starts with G-O message Wiser, and if your username starts with P-Z message Dinkleberg. In your message include your email address and a bit about yourself or your first article. Then the admin will create your account and send you the password, and you will be able to create pages and edit the wiki.

You should contact Dinkleberg and provide your email address, and meet one of the requirements, or submit a short writing sample. It is the weekend in most places and admins enjoy them too, so you might not get an instant response.

Welcome.

Hunterbunter

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:48:27 AM

I can get it to just compare lowercase-lowercase, that'll solve that problem, but it entirely depends on whether different people will be using the same names with different capitalizations in the future. If it's safe to assume not, this is easily fixable.

People must use different names. Please change it to compare lowercase-lowercase.

I suggest an additional 9 share payment for fixing the lowercase uppercase problem and for other improvements, any objections?

Ok, will do. Are there other improvements you had in mind? Or just saying?

If you just put the round number in without a name, it'll come up with all the shares for that block - missing the bitcoin and devcoin share lists, because they were labelled differently to the others and I'm too tired now to figure out how to include them (Unthinkingbit - any chance you can put a 1-BitcoinShareList or something for the share list peeps in the account files?

Done, Emfox's script should grab the updated version of account.py in a day.

Awesome Smiley. I shall feel complete.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:00:18 AM

Please add a note saying that the number of devcoins in the "Current Submission Round Details" will decrease until the round ends. This is because some people will look at the box without understanding what it means, think that they're going to get about that many devcoins, and be upset when they find they received way less.

Papacrusher

Activity: 218

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:46:46 AM

Does it mean we will soon have official forum?

That's the intention. I think it will take at least a few weeks to create and test the new code modules, plus make the forum sections and add a template.

I can't wait for this!  It should make navigation much easier.

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:01:42 PM

I can't wait for this!  It should make navigation much easier.
Quite. And powered by devcoin, nice. Cheers to everyone working on this.

Tibbers: good to see you made it over with the video.
Hunterbunter

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:26:25 PM

Please add a note saying that the number of devcoins in the "Current Submission Round Details" will decrease until the round ends. This is because some people will look at the box without understanding what it means, think that they're going to get about that many devcoins, and be upset when they find they received way less.

Ok, added the clarification.

Changing the handling of lowercase input was a bit more complex than I thought, but it's done now. As far as I can tell it's working properly now so you should be able to enter whatever case and it should work. If something weird happens to anyone please let me know. http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com

If you wonder about the discrepancy between "current round submission" and a blank name search, it's because of what I presume is normal rounding procedure. They both read the same file, but the submission part just reads the summary figures (ie Bounty: 406 shares) where as the search tallies each individual item.

Also, not sure if there's still a bounty on this, but I decided to post my user experience with http://dvc4giftcards.us anyway:

Whoot!  Another update!

Both $1 and $10 are on sale, selling with NO fees!  Just hop on over to http://dvc4giftcards.us/store.html, buy a gift card and write your 50 word review!
The $1 gift card is only about 27,000 DVC.  The share award last round was 210,000 DVC, and you must be thinking of a good way to spend it!

"Two shares for the first person who writes about a post at least 50 words long about buying the gift card from (the amazon gift card) business, and a one share award for the second person."

bump for buyers
0 customers so far

review for http://dvc4giftcards.us/

With some of the kindly tips I've received for the dvccountdown, I managed to have enough dvc in my pocket to purchase a $1 amazon gift card, which I was going to use to discount an amazon purchase I was planning on making. The site was well presented, and easy to purchase from, but I missed the bit where I was supposed to write a note to the seller. My brain just completely missed the text block, and I think that was because the big cards drew my focus away from it - perhaps it would be better presented another way, like a message box or something just before going to the payment window. Regarding that oversight, I assumed (hoped) the gift card would just be sent to my email address by default, and overnight I received an email from the site admin. It turns out they had seen that I was from .au, and the gift cards were only usable on the US store. I was asked whether I still wanted the card, or a refund, and took the sensible option considering I was looking at something on my local amazon. The next time I want something from the US store (which I do from time to time), and I have DVC to burn, I had a pleasant enough experience to try this site again. For larger purchases, though, I think would prefer bigger denominations than the $1 or $10 to save some time.
dalamar96

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 05:46:06 PM

I cannot quite catch what you need.... for the current round (paying out) info, you should refer to official https://github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity , and for the next round (that changing from time to time), you may find the infos from http://d.evco.in/charity , and I update the script every day at  about UTC+2.  Isn't that enough?

Hey emfox!  I have been working on something similar to your site and just playing around with what I can get out of it. Maybe we can merge efforts or bounce ideas off each other or something. I am also working on a few other things I have seen mentioned on the board here.  Right now the prototype is at: http://madrabbitproductions.com/devcoin/

Chad

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
hypersire

Activity: 596

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:56:52 PM

Also, not sure if there's still a bounty on this, but I decided to post my user experience with http://dvc4giftcards.us anyway:

review for http://dvc4giftcards.us/

With some of the kindly tips I've received for the dvccountdown, I managed to have enough dvc in my pocket to purchase a $1 amazon gift card, which I was going to use to discount an amazon purchase I was planning on making. The site was well presented, and easy to purchase from, but I missed the bit where I was supposed to write a note to the seller. My brain just completely missed the text block, and I think that was because the big cards drew my focus away from it - perhaps it would be better presented another way, like a message box or something just before going to the payment window. Regarding that oversight, I assumed (hoped) the gift card would just be sent to my email address by default, and overnight I received an email from the site admin. It turns out they had seen that I was from .au, and the gift cards were only usable on the US store. I was asked whether I still wanted the card, or a refund, and took the sensible option considering I was looking at something on my local amazon. The next time I want something from the US store (which I do from time to time), and I have DVC to burn, I had a pleasant enough experience to try this site again. For larger purchases, though, I think would prefer bigger denominations than the $1 or $10 to save some time.

I came across this site while I was working on the "Spend DVC" section on devcoin.org but I intentionally left it out because my WOT (Web of Trust) plugin flagged it as untrustworthy:

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/dvc4giftcards.us/event-29965#events

There is a claim that the site was involved with phishing.

I am working on updates to devcoin.org now.... what do people think - should it be added?
hypersire

Activity: 596

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:01:13 PM

Collecting bounty for:

36 shares for a price ticker in a forum.

I made an SMF mod to do just this. Demo can be seen here:

162.243.37.115 (Just a vanilla vps, I wasn't going to grab a domain for a demo)

I've submitted the mod to SMF since I'll be building it out for other coins in the future. I guess it takes some time for them to approve it so I uploaded a copy of the mod to dropbox too:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/591u0hd7sqgaa4g/dvcticker.tar.gz
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3819

It updates every 5 seconds and is linked to crypto-trade.com's devcoin section.

Also I'm looking to get on the marketing share list. I put a banner on the main page of dvcticker.info and the chart subpages. I PM'd the person mentioned on devtome but haven't heard anything back.

Great job on the ticker tenthirtyone! I am working on adding it to devcoin.org right now. I made one small edit -  currently the anchor tag to cryptotrade wraps around a div tag which is valid in HTML5 only (so it might cause problems in some browsers). Just change this line:

$("#dvcPrice").text($out);

to this:

$("#dvcPrice").html('<a href="https://www.crypto-trade.com/trade/dvc_btc">'+$out+'</a>');

and remove the anchor tag around the dvcPrice div.

Thanks again for creating it!
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 07:03:39 PM

Incoming emails are now working on a rudimentary state at the SimpleMachines Forum via:

http://trollkeep.com/forum/

As of this writing they are not being flagged as new so one must go into their inbox to look for them. That should be a quick fix once a needed break is finished. Also tests have not been done from email accounts with a name not already registered on the forum. The code is supposed to mark such a sender as Mailman; yet, again, not yet tested.

Obviously there is still tweaking, stress testing and bug hunting to be done, yet the nuts and bolts appear to be in order.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
Unthinkingbit

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:28:22 PM

Changing the handling of lowercase input was a bit more complex than I thought, but it's done now. As far as I can tell it's working properly now so you should be able to enter whatever case and it should work. If something weird happens to anyone please let me know. http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com

It worked for me, you get the 9 share improvement payment.

If you wonder about the discrepancy between "current round submission" and a blank name search, it's because of what I presume is normal rounding procedure. They both read the same file, but the submission part just reads the summary figures (ie Bounty: 406 shares) where as the search tallies each individual item.

Thanks for catching that, it turned out that the Factotums were not getting their administrator bouns. They are now, and a make up has been added for the three factotums in round 30.

Thanks for the post, but that bounty is finished.

dalamar96

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 08:42:20 PM

It worked for me, you get the 9 share improvement payment.

Thanks for catching that, it turned out that the Factotums were not getting their administrator bouns. They are now, and a make up has been added for the three factotums in round 30.

Thanks for the post, but that bounty is finished.

Just thought I would bring this up, it may not be an issue, there is one thing in the files that are off (so far as I could see). Smeagol's address seems to be missing a character Smiley  I just came across that when parsing them for my prototype website, thought you should know Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
fellowtraveler

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:04:23 PM

I have tried it on Fedora 17 and on Fedora 19.

Fedora might maybe have some kind of problem with the concept of a "system tray", which seems to be a mac and/or windows concept.

However, it might be the case that more grandmas use windows or mac than use various types of Linux? (Is Android a type of Linux?) so maybe that is okay?

FellowTraveler basically just says Fedora must be using a broken windowing system or something.

1. We have many users on Linux who are able to use it just fine -- it's not a problem with Linux.

2. Google this:  "system tray" broken on Fedora.

Notice all the complaints and bug reports related to this issue on Fedora. (For other apps, like Dropbox, Skype, etc.)

3. Google these:
   A. solved "system tray" fedora
   B how to fix "system tray" fedora

(You can see there are many various solutions for this as well.)

co-founder, Monetas
creator, Open-Transactions
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 10:28:09 PM

I don't see any fixes in those searches. Most results my browser shows as one I already visited too but I checked them again.

Hopefully if it is indeed fixed I will find once I get Moneychanger onto a Fedora 19 box again that it now works.

Going to have to go build it for 19 again to try that. Maybe they have updated the packages by now with whatever fixes, though those bug reports never seem to end with any claim that it has actually been fixed yet.

Also try to figure out what exactly needs copying from build machine to a machine that has keyboard and monitor and mouse in order to run it on a target-machine. In case it still does not work over ssh -X from my (Fedora 17 still) workstation aka graphics-terminal.

Monday I will find out firm dates for an electrician to rewire my country-house, once that is wired up I will finally have plenty of electrical circuits so be able to fire up more of my machines and have room to equip more of them with screens and keyboards and mice in an accessible manner.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Unthinkingbit

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:12:34 PM

Just thought I would bring this up, it may not be an issue, there is one thing in the files that are off (so far as I could see). Smeagol's address seems to be missing a character Smiley  I just came across that when parsing them for my prototype website, thought you should know Smiley

Bitcoin addresses use base 58 encoding, so on average 1 in 58 would be at least a letter shorter. To be safe, I just added a check to see that the address is valid before adding it to the receiver file.

Code:
if base58.get_bcaddress_version(addressFraction.coinAddress) == 0:
    self.coinAddresses.append(addressFraction.coinAddress)
else:
    print('Warning, the address %s is invalid and will not get paid.' % addressFraction.coinAddress)

Smeagol's short address, along with all the other short addresses, are all valid.

Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: