Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 05:32:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread  (Read 808643 times)
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:17:48 AM

This hashrate decrease is beginning to worry me...

AM just found a block. Fist one in 16 hours.

it looks like we are stuck on some 17TH/s (according to runeks.dk/bitcoin)

1.5% on the 36h... This is miserable...

Removing old blades to make room for new?
JimiQ84

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:20:40 AM

This hashrate decrease is beginning to worry me...

AM just found a block. Fist one in 16 hours.

it looks like we are stuck on some 17TH/s (according to runeks.dk/bitcoin)

1.5% on the 36h... This is miserable...

Removing old blades to make room for new?

Maybe cooling data center little bit
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:20:53 AM

I see this stock is pretty huge in terms on market cap.

Is this a 1 man run operation? What if this Friedcat dude dies? Will stock tank or what?

Can anyone see who are the people behind this ASICMiner? How many people are involved in this operation?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:22:36 AM

Is this a 1 man run operation? What if this Friedcat dude dies? Will stock tank or what?

Can anyone see who are the people behind this ASICMiner? How many people are involved in this operation?

Welcome to the party. Can you please read around before you waste our time checking the thread and fining this instead of good information and arguments..

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Herp

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:32:13 AM

Welcome to the party. Can you please read around before you waste our time checking the thread and fining this instead of good information and arguments..

I have checked the original ASICminer thread and there are no clear answers to any of my questions.

So here is some speculation for you: If friedcat dies there's a good chance this stock will go to zero.

Also this guy's associates are not listed anywhere. Guy just posted in his thread that his friends are involved and that's that.
"Q: What about your partners?
A: They are my friends also located in China. I know them in person, trust
them myself in person. They are enthusiastic to this project and already commited a lot of hard
work at their best to make it succeed."
Why not give some names, references and so on?

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:37:42 AM

I have checked the original ASICminer thread and there are no clear answers to any of my questions.

So here is some speculation for you: If friedcat dies there's a good chance this stock will go to zero.

Also this guy's associates are not listed anywhere. Guy just posted in his thread that his friends are involved and that's that.
them myself in person. They are enthusiastic to this project and already commited a lot of hard

Friedcat mentioned some measures are in place in case somebody get hit by a bus.
For the names, AM is not trustful to shareholders now because of names, references and so on, but because it fulfills its promises. If you're not happy with that, don't buy shares. Period.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Herp

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:53:44 AM

Friedcat mentioned some measures are in place in case somebody get hit by a bus.
For the names, AM is not trustful to shareholders now because of names, references and so on, but because it fulfills its promises. If you're not happy with that, don't buy shares. Period.

Bernard Madoff fulfilled his promises for quite some time. But thanks for the info. That pretty much answers my questions.

Guess I won't touch this stock. You have to basically hope this guy will still be alive or doing his thing tomorrow or day after that and that he does indeed have backups in place and that those backups he has are trustworthy. In my book hope is not an investment strategy but to each his own. "I am more concerned with the return of my money than the return on my money.".

Fact that he's located in China also doesn't inspire much confidence. Just ask Sino-Forest investors and they'll tell you why.

I also see dividends have been falling lately without clear explanation as to why and one friedcat provided was not too convincing.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:57:05 AM

So the hash rate is markedly down for the last few days to 2%.  This is out of proportion to the total increase in network hash rate (meaning not a simple result of being diluted by other hash power added to the total network but also blades going offline).

Only three possibilities:
1. A catastrophic hardware failure (very bad news - we going to 1.5 - 2)
2. Moving hardware to a new location with better cooling/power infrastructure (slightly bad news since some coins lost in the meantime but a transient issue, may see a short-term small dip)
3. Blades being taking down to be replaced with new gen 2 blades (extremely good news, would mean a solid 2-3 month lead time on competitors and stock will be in the 5-6 range shortly if confirmed)

Anyone on the board of directors have some more information?
mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:00:15 PM

Bernard Madoff fulfilled his promises for quite some time. But thanks for the info. That pretty much answers my questions.

Guess I won't touch this stock. You have to basically hope this guy will still be alive or doing his thing tomorrow or day after that and that he does indeed have backups in place and that those backups he has are trustworthy. In my book hope is not an investment strategy but to each his own. "I am more concerned with the return of my money than the return on my money.".

Fact that he's located in China also doesn't inspire much confidence. Just ask Sino-Forest investors and they'll tell you why.

I also see dividends have been falling lately without clear explanation as to why and one friedcat provided was not too convincing.
It is the same for almost every bitcoin stock. Remember, the biggest securities fraud in bitcoin history, by piratesat40 was done by an American who never even hid his real name.  In bitcoin world all you have is your reputation and track record.  There are very few in the same trust league as Friedcat such as John K, Dooglus, theymos and Burnside. if you not going to trust these people, then you cannot invest in any bitcoin securities since there is nothing better from a trust perspective out there.
Herp

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:06:34 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2013, 12:33:03 PM by Herp

It is the same for almost every bitcoin stock. Remember, the biggest securities fraud in bitcoin history, by piratesat40 was done by an American who never even hid his real name.  In bitcoin world all you have is your reputation and track record.  There are very few in the same trust league as Friedcat such as John K, Dooglus, theymos and Burnside. if you not going to trust these people, then you cannot invest in any bitcoin securities since there is nothing better from a trust perspective out there.

That pirate guy you've mentioned now risks some serious jail time. So fact that he revealed his named provided a level of accountability. He will now pay for scamming people. He will also have to carry that reputation for all his life. Same can't be said though about those who don't reveal their own or their associates' identity.

I have to say though, I am amazed by the level of trust I've seen in this community. The market cap of this stock is good  example.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:40:03 PM

I have to say though, I am amazed by the level of trust I've seen in this community. The market cap of this stock is good  example.
A lot of AM investors have already received their money back in dividends.

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:55:19 PM

That ad space isn't going to come cheap, most recent bid (betcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290007.msg3136054#msg3136054) was 7 @ 17 !
Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:56:26 PM

Anyone that bought in late Feb - early March has gotten their ROI, AM has paid out a total of about 0.54/share.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:17:27 PM

Anyone that bought in late Feb - early March has gotten their ROI, AM has paid out a total of about 0.54/share.

Indeed, but in terms of fair valuation of this stock past divs doenst matter. Only future divs matter.

I personally think that the early bird advantage is gone and now as the big guys are entering the market the competetion ist going through the roof.

That means WAY lower profit margins for every ASIC producer and thus means WAY lower divs in the long term.

Special time is over imo.
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:54:21 PM

That ad space isn't going to come cheap, most recent bid (betcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290007.msg3136054#msg3136054) was 7 @ 17 !

Ad price is getting ridiculous. Probably ad bubble coming?

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:11:12 PM

Indeed, but in terms of fair valuation of this stock past divs doenst matter. Only future divs matter.

I personally think that the early bird advantage is gone and now as the big guys are entering the market the competetion ist going through the roof.

That means WAY lower profit margins for every ASIC producer and thus means WAY lower divs in the long term.

Special time is over imo.
The issue was one of trust, which Friedcat clearly has in well-deserved abundance.

In terms of fair valuation for AM you are saying this trust is worth nothing. I disagree.

Future divs, heck even next weeks' divs are only a wild-ass guess, so good luck arriving at a fair valuation on that basis.

If bitcoin takes off as we all hope it will, as an asset, a protocol, a platform, etc. spawning whole new products and services, and FC keeps adding new revenue streams (such as the recently added franchising), who knows where we will be in 5 or 10 years time? One day soon you might look back and see this stage as early bird?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:16:47 PM

Ad price is getting ridiculous. Probably ad bubble coming?

There has always been one discussion on the meta board about ad's etc and the whole Diamondcards bitcointalk has money but won't upgrade the dang forum software and allows bad companies to still advertise here argument.
But those bids are quite high hope Friedcat can get a quiet round Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
velacreations (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 04:51:50 PM

investing in future hardware is not convincing?

superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 04:56:28 PM

given the current situation shouldn't AM just join a pool for the time being?

ok
velacreations (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 04:56:39 PM

Only three possibilities:
1. A catastrophic hardware failure (very bad news - we going to 1.5 - 2)
2. Moving hardware to a new location with better cooling/power infrastructure (slightly bad news since some coins lost in the meantime but a transient issue, may see a short-term small dip)
3. Blades being taking down to be replaced with new gen 2 blades (extremely good news, would mean a solid 2-3 month lead time on competitors and stock will be in the 5-6 range shortly if confirmed)

Anyone on the board of directors have some more information?

other possibilities:

power issues, network issues, software issues, etc

This isn't the first time we've had a big drop in the last few weeks, so we can assume it is a recurring problem.

I hope they are moving to a better situation that resolves the issue.

Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 266 »
  Print  

Jump to: