Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:31:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com  (Read 87603 times)
QuestionQuest

Activity: 263
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:07:56 PM

batch 4 and still nobody has seen a functioning miner? hmmm.

Not true. But its an obligation to confidentiality.
Ask Yoshi for a demo ...

If they will mass produce and deliver, we will see. That is another task and quest Wink

But a working demo was approved by Jan Braiins (CEO @Slushpool)

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:17:14 PM

I still can't figure out why the demo is only behind closed curtains?  Huh

Is it for scamming purposes?

Or is it to keep in secret that Innosilicon has participated in this miner manufacturing? (see my previous posts in this thread)

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:45:07 PM
Merited by NotFuzzyWarm (2)

I still can't figure out why the demo is only behind closed curtains?  Huh

Is it for scamming purposes?

Or is it to keep in secret that Innosilicon has participated in this miner manufacturing? (see my previous posts in this thread)

One can obviously only speculate at this point but if it is an Inno design or similar situation to the A1 days then maybe they do fear competition, not from Bitmain or Avalon but from others who may have access to Inno's chip/design or whatever.  Perhaps they don't have or couldn't get an exclusive with Inno?

If they own the IP they have I can't see any logical reason to be soooo secretive.  If Inno owns it and has or is selling to others then perhaps they don't want their competition to see how they made it work?

I don't know, this whole thing is so fucking weird TBH and with the limited information around it does make it hard to figure out what exactly is going on!
bt898

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:43:17 PM

Also, they never close their orders, there is a secret page to order 50+ units for "april 3 delivery" that has remained open. PM me if you want the link.
ryohazuki89

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:52:32 PM

I threw 3 btc at this thing. C'mon guys, think for a second -- if they had an open live demo, Jihan Wu's crypto ninjas would have already been there setup to murder everyone, steal the rig and reverse engineer this thing enough to put the Akutan Zero fighter plane in WW2 to shame.

Just kidding, I totally regret my purchase. Wish I did any research first.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:44:37 PM

Does that myrig.com company have a good rep ? I never heard of it.

So I went a few posts back. Noone has a 1 of these things yet ?
Yes, they offer hosting and sell miners, as well as miner repair too. I've got an S7 hosted with them hashing away, and it even broke down once but they fixed it in three hours for free. Philipma has had a decent time with them as well.

It doesn't seem like anyone's got their hands on one yet. I'd advise to keep looking at this thread for info about that.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:57:06 PM
Merited by Dabs (1)

yawn...no pics...no demo...no miner....(or so it seems).....the dubiousness is increasing.....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:02:16 PM

yawn...no pics...no demo...no miner....(or so it seems).....the dubiousness is increasing.....

Some pics ... a video demo by Jan Braiins ... (it seems to) ... and the realness is increasing ...

Both sentences saying the same. "Not sure".
One is positive and one is negative.
But if I am wrong, I can go "ok".
If you are wrong, you should say sorry to Halong Wink

Is the water glass 50% empty or full for you? Cheesy

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:26:51 PM

No.
Halong must blame ONLY themselves for the crap they are having being flung at them.
They are the ones who chose to follow and furthermore continue to follow the Scamming for Dummies (TM) playbook for their marketing. So much they could easily do to undeniably show the world they have a miner and are capable of producing it in quantity and yet Halong is either incapable of doing that because the miner has not been able to move from prototypes/pre-production runs or for totally inexplicable reasons still just refuse to.

Either way, Halong is getting exactly what they deserve here.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:32:00 PM

No.
Halong must blame ONLY themselves for the crap they are having being flung at them.
They are the ones who chose to follow and furthermore continue to follow the Scamming for Dummies (TM) playbook for their marketing. So much they could easily do to undeniably show the world they have a miner and are capable of producing it in quantity and yet Halong is either incapable of doing that because the miner has not been able to move from prototypes/pre-production runs or for totally inexplicable reasons still just refuse to.

First you told us everything is fake and a lie in here. Nobody of them is real. (Its proofed, you were wrong)
There is no demo unit and no real video or pictures. (Its proofed, you were wrong)
Demo units can now be visited if you ask them as customer (Its proofed, you were again wrong)

Now you are telling us the pre-production story and that it is a scam - again you are sure Cheesy Roll Eyes
But that this part was already discussed in here before your brain-barf you totally missed.
And the Inno-Comparision was discussed before in here, too. Haggsfin first got it in the thread - and he is right with it.

Who is believing you anymore?

2 times Halong proofed they are right.
3 times its proofed that you are just guessing and lying around to damage a normal information flow in here without hyping its REAL or its SCAM.
And btw I proofed all my stuff with picuteres and official site links. What is your proof? Steam and dust!

You are just a bad human, a scaremonger and an alarmist with bad behavior and bad words.

A lordly arrogant ... who thinks he is special. No. You are not. Even if this will turn into no delivery - you are wrong in your ways. Maybe you unlearned or you never learned how. But you are wrong!

Thetaj

Activity: 402
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:06:50 PM

No.

First you told us everything is fake and a lie in here. Nobody of them is real. (Its proofed, you were wrong)
There is no demo unit and no real video or pictures. (Its proofed, you were wrong)
Demo units can now be visited if you ask them as customer (Its proofed, you were again wrong)

Now you are telling us the pre-production story and that it is a scam - again you are sure Cheesy Roll Eyes
But that this part was already discussed in here before your brain-barf you totally missed.
And the Inno-Comparision was discussed before in here, too. Haggsfin first got it in the thread - and he is right with it.

3 times its proofed that you are just guessing and lying around to damage a normal information flow in here without hyping its REAL or its SCAM.
And btw I proofed all my stuff with picuteres and official site links. What is your proof? Steam and dust!

You are just a bad human, a scaremonger and an alarmist with bad behavior and bad words.

A lordly arrogant ... who thinks he is special. No. You are not. Even if this will turn into no delivery - you are wrong in your ways. Maybe you unlearned or you never learned how. But you are wrong!

Calm down man, nothing wrong with Fuzzy being skeptical. Hell, most of us are although even if it was real, the ROI would not be that great to begin with. Also, if Inno is even remotely involved with this project, I expect the first batch to be delayed by at least 2-3 months..........You know, from past experiences with every single miner they ever released.
Raymond_B

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:08:26 PM

No.

I don't know who you are or what your affiliation with Halong is, but damn you're going to defend them to the death aren't you? You are the exact mirror image of the people who say this is a scam. You are so adamant that it's real and go off on anyone who questions the validity you yourself have lost any credibility as an impartial proponent. You're either a paid sockpuppet, part of Halong, or a member of their cult Smiley

Par Avion

Activity: 99
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:43:29 PM

I don't know who you are or what your affiliation with Halong is, but damn you're going to defend them to the death aren't you? You are the exact mirror image of the people who say this is a scam. You are so adamant that it's real and go off on anyone who questions the validity you yourself have lost any credibility as an impartial proponent. You're either a paid sockpuppet, part of Halong, or a member of their cult Smiley

He is a bag holder. One of the first to order and wanted to believe he didn't get scammed; so he stuck his head in the sand and played make believe Hence, his absence lately.
HoleShot

Activity: 70
Merit: 34

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:54:18 PM

No.

Halong has proven absolutely nothing. No amount of bold text can change that.
The did do an excellent job of mining, or maybe collecting, a lot of BTC. All from speculative, trusting, hopeful folks who likely earned that money legitimately. So from that standpoint, they got the money.

Sophokles

Activity: 1204
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 12:24:23 AM

Has any date for start of shipping the first batch been communicated yet?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:37:58 AM

Has any date for start of shipping the first batch been communicated yet?

they have to have a real product for that to happen

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Cryptobitminer

Activity: 1
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:54:05 AM
Merited by Dabs (1), HagssFIN (1), kurbeks (1), frodocooper (1)

Peeps, new to the site so go easy on me. I have been following Halong since they announced the 16T last year. I have a fleet of S9s and of course want in on the 16T. If the hype is true then it is a superior piece of hardware. 3 times on the waiting list and 3 times I let go of the opportunity for the reasons mentioned in this thread. If you try to buy an S9 which by the way is close to becoming unprofitable as there was another huge jump on the difficulty last night, they don't last but 10 minutes before they are sold out. In the meantime, for the first time ever there is no waiting list and you can go straight into the Halong site and order for the last 3 days now. I have friends paying from $4K - $5K for an S9 that is no longer profitable unless the Bitcoin price shoots up. I believe it will but it may never come back. So what to do. I am getting into the GPU rig business now as there are no alternatives at the moment. Keep your eyes peeled for Japan's GMO Internet company coming out with PCIe hashing cards that you can stack on a motherboard without risers or with. They will have 2 versions an 8THS and 10THS. They will start shipping Q1 2019. Long time away so if in deed Halong delivers which it seems like they are not then I will buy 20 after I see a review from a respected you-tuber in the crypto space. If not, all my money is going to building really powerful 1080ti GPU rigs and grow the portfolio until GMO starts to deliver. Oh, and they are very real with no restrictions as Bitcoin has been accepted widely in Japan and it is now one of the several forms of payment allowed by law. Good luck peeps and happy mining.
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:30:26 PM

Interesting if it hasn't been posted previously.  https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-developer-about-take-mining-hardware-industry/
dimaze

Activity: 181
Merit: 53

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:58:54 PM

It was. Post #15 Smiley

Ale88
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 2343

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:47:11 PM

So, without reading all the last pages, the current situation is that nobody has seen this miner for real except for that old video of one machine running in their office, am I correct? And in the meantime they're taking orders for the 3rd batch?!  Huh

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: