Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827254 times)
Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:18:30 PM

Found another MobileMiner bug today.  In MoM, it's showing my total hash rates for my PC, but when you look at the advanced view, it's only showing the Stratum Proxy, and not the individual miners.  I have the individual miners set up on automine, and the proxy is set for just BTC.

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tanil

Activity: 136

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:06:23 PM

Multiminer software stops mining itself. All my rigs  stop and start itself.  And also mobileminer monitor app shows incorrect informations.
Raptor2213

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:11:10 PM

Multiminer software stops mining itself. All my rigs  stop and start itself.  And also mobileminer monitor app shows incorrect informations.

I'm showing something similar.  All of my miners are still mining, but mobileminer shows them as being offline.  Server problems?

tanil

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:50:10 AM

I'm showing something similar.  All of my miners are still mining, but mobileminer shows them as being offline.  Server problems?

Yes you right same problem.

But i can hear less noise per 20~30 minutes. Their khas speed equal noise level Smiley (r9290)

it makes me crazy i can give tip who help me

bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:05:36 AM

So I've been trying out the stratum proxy on multi-miner, but it appears like it's super inefficient. I lose about 50% of my hash rate by going through it. I'm not sure if this is because I'm using a p2p pool or what.

That and the hashrate is wrong too. It's displaying GH's for MH's for scrypt.
Raptor2213

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:10:26 AM

So I've been trying out the stratum proxy on multi-miner, but it appears like it's super inefficient. I lose about 50% of my hash rate by going through it. I'm not sure if this is because I'm using a p2p pool or what.

I've had the same issue, but only with certain pools.  I was using iSpace, and it was constantly dropping out.  Worked fine on other pools (such as ghash and MultiPool.  It's likely an issue with compatibility with the proxy and BFGminer.  iSpace mentioned the bug on their twitter recently.

Point it a ghash and see if you have the same issue.  If you do, it's p2p that isn't compatible.

tanil

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:22:15 AM

I uninstalled and remove MM. I turn back to cgminer
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:57:08 AM

Yeah, I liked it, but lately it's been spotty and I went back to cgminer. 

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 03:52:40 AM

Sorry for the delayed answers folks (and thanks very much to those who chimed in to help!)

I was out of town for several days at the Microsoft Build Conference (which was totally awesome) and have been playing a lot of catch-up since returning. Unfortunately I'll also be out of town for several days next week so there may be a bit more silence at that time.

Let me try to address all the outstanding questions:

Found a small bug on one particular pool when I was doing some mining for a friend.  When mining to Coin-Pool (stratum+tcp://dem.coin-pool.org), the reported profitability was way out of whack.  Happened when using both coinbase and coinwarz, but as soon as I switched pools (ghash and Eligius are my mains), the numbers went back to about where I expected them to be.

Is this a multi-coin pool? If so there is currently no support for estimating profitability for these. There is no way for MultiMiner to know what coin the pool is mining and it looks like it is set as BTC. I do plan on adding support for multi-coin pools but need to look into the APIs for doing so.

Minor iOS MobileMiner bug.  When you tap on a miner, it pulls down the details.  After doing so, it is not possible to hide the small strip on the side for the details.  It would seem intuitive that you can click on a blank part of the miners and clear it, but the only way I've found to clear it is to kill the app.

Can you post a screenshot of this please? A picture is worth 1,000 words. Thank you!

I've had similar issues with a lot of AntMiners.  It would be nice if it automatically detected these hung miners and restarted them.

This is planned for the next update. Currently the Effective Hashrate is not considered when looking for suspect miners.

Multiminer crashed and it doesn't want to start anymore.  Using MM 2.8.4 in ubuntu 13.10 64 bit here is the terminal output:

Code:
System.InvalidOperationException: JSON syntax error.
  at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JsonDeserializer.Deserialize (System.IO.TextReader input) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.Script.Serialization.Json.Deserialize (System.IO.TextReader input, System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer jss) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.Script.Serialization.Json.Deserialize (System.String input, System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer jss) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.DeserializeObjectInternal (System.String input) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize[LogProcessCloseArgs] (System.String input) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MultiMiner.Utility.Serialization.ObjectLogger.LoadLogFile[LogProcessCloseArgs] (System.String logFilePath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

You have a corrupt JSON file in your data folder (this is ~/.config/MultiMiner on Linux). Try deleting or renaming MiningLog.json and restarting MultiMiner.

Is there a way to manually add network miners?  I have a few Antminer S1s that I am connecting to through ssh tunnels.  MultiMiner doesn't seem to detect them.  I am able to use CGRemote through the ssh tunnels, but it doesn't have all the feature that Multiminer has. I connected the same laptop to the Antminer's local network and MultiMiner detects them just fine that way. Thanks.

You can manually edit the NetworkDevicesConfiguration.xml file found in the MultiMiner data folder (%appdata%\MultiMiner on Windows).

I have been having issues adding the proxy. I enabled the Proxy Settings but my ASICminer Erupter Cubes are not being detected. My USB erupters and GPU are being detected however. I am using the latest version. Is there a reason why the miners would not be detected?

You need to edit the configuration for the Cubes using their web UI. Change the IP and port in the config pages to the IP of your MultiMiner machine and the GetWork port found in the MultiMiner settings.

Hi, I'm mining LiteCoins on CoinHuntr. Say the current hash rate is 450 KH/s for a card, the effective hash rate is listed as something like 300 MH/s. Now if only that were true! Is it just a simple mislabelling, i.e. the effective rate is 300 KH/s? If not, is there a way to get the effective column working correctly?

The effective hashrate in the current BFGMiner is not correct for Scrypt. This is fixed for version 4.0.

My wish list:
- ability to set different device frequency's for Gridseed devices, so say one can run at 950 and one at 1150
- go along with the first wish is the ability to do this with the device serial numbers like how girnyau did with cgminer -source code for this is at; https://github.com/girnyau/cgminer-gc3355/commit/ac7ee8b084abcffc8b8431eb515c62ed3e891fb1

This is already possible. This is built directly into BFGMiner, one of the many nice features. Any of the --set-device arguments can be either device-wide, driver-wide, or you can do it per-device-path or per-device-serial.

Device-wide:

Code:
--set-device arg=value

Driver-wide:

Code:
--set-device driver:arg=value

Per-device-path (path displayed running BFGMiner with -d?):

Code:
--set-device driver@path:arg=value

Per-serial (again serial is displayed running BFGMiner with -d?):

Code:
--set-device driver@serial:arg=value

Found another MobileMiner bug today.  In MoM, it's showing my total hash rates for my PC, but when you look at the advanced view, it's only showing the Stratum Proxy, and not the individual miners.  I have the individual miners set up on automine, and the proxy is set for just BTC.

There have been several server-side issues with MobileMiner this week. There have been some attacks, some fixes, and then some scaling to try to prevent future issues. Things should be stable now (and for the past day or so). Please let me know if not.

Multiminer software stops mining itself. All my rigs  stop and start itself.  And also mobileminer monitor app shows incorrect informations.

MultiMiner stops and restarts mining if you have the option to "Restart suspect miners" checked in the Settings dialog. This is a feature, not a bug  Grin If you view the Process Log it will tell you why mining was restarted. You can also check the JSON log files found in the MultiMiner data folder.

I'm showing something similar.  All of my miners are still mining, but mobileminer shows them as being offline.  Server problems?

Yes - see above.

The proxy in MultiMiner (and BFGMiner) doesn't work for Scrypt in 3.10. It is fixed in a branch of BFGMiner and slated for inclusion in 4.0.

Thanks again everyone for the help keeping up with questions. If you have time to do more of the same next week, much obliged!  Wink

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:03:12 AM

Got my Antminer S1 today. Had a heck of a time setting it up to mine at all. I had an issue with the DHCP setting and the IP of the S1 was changing before I finished configuring the settings.  It is currently hashing away BUT I am trying to figure out how to get it back on MultiMiner via the stratum proxy.

The S1 did show on MultiMiner via proxy??? or auto detection??? for a moment but that was before I had the S1 setup to mine coin for me (was an almost new unit I purchased from Ninjatech).

I tried setting my S1's Pool 1 to 192.168.1.110:3333 (the url my machine running the MultiMiner stratum proxy) and a number of other combinations to no avail. I know it has to be something simple or maybe I am overlooking something though I must admit, networking was my weak point when I was going through college studying for my A+ Cert.

If anyone has experience with setting up an Antminer S1 in MultiMiner and can offer some advice, that would be great! Oh and I am using wither 2.8.3 or 2.8.4 MultiMiner.

Thanks in advance

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 04:12:54 AM

Got my Antminer S1 today. Had a heck of a time setting it up to mine at all. I had an issue with the DHCP setting and the IP of the S1 was changing before I finished configuring the settings.  It is currently hashing away BUT I am trying to figure out how to get it back on MultiMiner via the stratum proxy.

The S1 did show on MultiMiner via proxy??? or auto detection??? for a moment but that was before I had the S1 setup to mine coin for me (was an almost new unit I purchased from Ninjatech).

The S1 shipped with a version of CGMiner on the firmware that is not compatible with the Stratum Proxy found in MultiMiner and BFGMiner. The CGMiner authors have since fixed that issue but I do not know if that fix ships with the S1 now.

What you can do is configure the S1 to mine directly to your chosen pool. Then SSH into it and edit the CGMiner configuration file to allow the API calls from the API of your MultiMiner PC. It will then show up automatically in MultiMiner. There are instructions for enabling RCP API access on the AntMiner S1 in this thread (and probably around Google).

Hope that helps!

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:41:06 AM

The S1 shipped with a version of CGMiner on the firmware that is not compatible with the Stratum Proxy found in MultiMiner and BFGMiner. The CGMiner authors have since fixed that issue but I do not know if that fix ships with the S1 now.

What you can do is configure the S1 to mine directly to your chosen pool. Then SSH into it and edit the CGMiner configuration file to allow the API calls from the API of your MultiMiner PC. It will then show up automatically in MultiMiner. There are instructions for enabling RCP API access on the AntMiner S1 in this thread (and probably around Google).

Hope that helps!

That explains why it is not showing up under the stratum proxy.
What about the Auto Detect Network Devices feature in MultiMiner?

My S1 was showing up in MultiMiner as 192.168.1.99:4028 on my MobileMiner app and my mining rig that is running MultiMiner (which is also the stratum proxy for my Cube) but cannot duplicate those results as of yet. The S1 url is static and set to 192.168.1.99 currently. So I know this S1 unit will communicate with MultiMiner, just gotta figure out what setting needs changed.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:55:20 AM

Hope that helps!

That explains why it is not showing up under the stratum proxy.
What about the Auto Detect Network Devices feature in MultiMiner?

My S1 was showing up in MultiMiner as 192.168.1.99:4028 on my MobileMiner app and my mining rig that is running MultiMiner (which is also the stratum proxy for my Cube) but cannot duplicate those results as of yet. The S1 url is static and set to 192.168.1.99 currently. So I know this S1 unit will communicate with MultiMiner, just gotta figure out what setting needs changed.

I got it! Nothing crazy...just had to use the Pool url that with API in the address like "http://api.bitcoin.cz:8332" plus a power cycle on my unit.
Thanks for the sweet software Nate!

*Got LootCrate?*
Raptor2213

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:26:44 AM

Found a small bug on one particular pool when I was doing some mining for a friend.  When mining to Coin-Pool (stratum+tcp://dem.coin-pool.org), the reported profitability was way out of whack.  Happened when using both coinbase and coinwarz, but as soon as I switched pools (ghash and Eligius are my mains), the numbers went back to about where I expected them to be.

Is this a multi-coin pool? If so there is currently no support for estimating profitability for these. There is no way for MultiMiner to know what coin the pool is mining and it looks like it is set as BTC. I do plan on adding support for multi-coin pools but need to look into the APIs for doing so.

Minor iOS MobileMiner bug.  When you tap on a miner, it pulls down the details.  After doing so, it is not possible to hide the small strip on the side for the details.  It would seem intuitive that you can click on a blank part of the miners and clear it, but the only way I've found to clear it is to kill the app.

Can you post a screenshot of this please? A picture is worth 1,000 words. Thank you!

Found another MobileMiner bug today.  In MoM, it's showing my total hash rates for my PC, but when you look at the advanced view, it's only showing the Stratum Proxy, and not the individual miners.  I have the individual miners set up on automine, and the proxy is set for just BTC.

There have been several server-side issues with MobileMiner this week. There have been some attacks, some fixes, and then some scaling to try to prevent future issues. Things should be stable now (and for the past day or so). Please let me know if not.

1 - No idea if it's a multi-pool, or not, never used is personally, but that makes sense.  Couldn't you detect the coin based off difficulty as reported by BFGminer?

2 - When you first open up MobileMiner, it looks like this:

When you click on an item to expand details, you can swipe left and right to view things, however, after doing so, there will forever after always be a strip for the details on the right side like this when you go back to the initial screen.

Expected behavior would be for it to go away when you swipe back to the first screen, or failing that, to go away when tapping in a blank area.  The second is less desirable, because some people have enough miners that it would not have a blank space.

3 - While the server is working, it's still only showing 1 of 10 Antminers, and not my Stratum Proxy in the details.  Total hashrate is correct.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 06:35:04 PM

3 - While the server is working, it's still only showing 1 of 10 Antminers, and not my Stratum Proxy in the details.  Total hashrate is correct.

Can you PM me your MobileMiner application key please? Also, there were builds of BFGMiner that would not submit all the devices to MobileMiner properly (had a bug during 4.0 dev). Are you on either BFGMiner 3.10 or one of the latest builds from Git?

Raptor2213

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:09:22 PM

Can you PM me your MobileMiner application key please? Also, there were builds of BFGMiner that would not submit all the devices to MobileMiner properly (had a bug during 4.0 dev). Are you on either BFGMiner 3.10 or one of the latest builds from Git?

I'm currently using 4.0 PR2 from a link shared previously in this posting (I think from you).  I haven't been able to find the up-to-date dev builds, as I'm pretty much clueless at compiling from Git.  PM sent.

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:38:37 AM

Just another quick update. I was adding another gpu to my #2 miner and had to get tricky with my psu config. and am now powering my S1 with 2 PSU's, hehe.

Anyways, I was able to get my S1 on MultiMiner via stratum proxy with a little persistence. I had to point the S1 pool to my Miner #2's URL which is running MultiMiner (2.8.4) with my Asicminer Cube already on a stratum proxy. Making sure to add the correct port and after couple of reboots of my S1, it is displaying alongside my Cube in the stratum proxy. I turned off the Auto Detect Network Devices feature but I may re-enable that feature for monitoring my S1 separate my Cube.

I used 192.168.1.xxx:3333 as my Ant S1 pool address/url

*Got LootCrate?*
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:24:22 AM

Has anyone go the API set for the Dragon miners yet?

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:37:51 AM

Just another quick update. I was adding another gpu to my #2 miner and had to get tricky with my psu config. and am now powering my S1 with 2 PSU's, hehe.

Anyways, I was able to get my S1 on MultiMiner via stratum proxy with a little persistence. I had to point the S1 pool to my Miner #2's URL which is running MultiMiner (2.8.4) with my Asicminer Cube already on a stratum proxy. Making sure to add the correct port and after couple of reboots of my S1, it is displaying alongside my Cube in the stratum proxy. I turned off the Auto Detect Network Devices feature but I may re-enable that feature for monitoring my S1 separate my Cube.

I used 192.168.1.xxx:3333 as my Ant S1 pool address/url

Ugh, the only thing with having it setup like this is that after an undetermined amount of time the worker assigned to the Ant S1 (network device) is no longer being reported properly on my pool. My hash rate being reported for my 2 devices is fairly accurate but the total hash rate being reported is being split between the two workers. I would imagine that is because the stratum (192.168.1.xxx:3333) is set to worker "a" and the network device is set to worker "b" and with the Ant S1 (network device) pointed to the stratum, it leaves it little choice on how to report the hash rate.

Hope this helps others.

Also, just a side note...not sure if the Antminer S1 guide mentions but there is a reset button located on the control/network board which will reset ALL settings and also resets the URL to 192.168.1.99 (at least for my version S1).

*Got LootCrate?*
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:46:57 PM

I'm currently using 4.0 PR2 from a link shared previously in this posting (I think from you).  I haven't been able to find the up-to-date dev builds, as I'm pretty much clueless at compiling from Git.  PM sent.

Can you explain a bit more about the problem you are having? You have 10 AntMiner S1s - is that correct? Do they all show up in MultiMiner? I do not see that they are being reported to MobileMiner at all (only one of them is).

Also, what is pointed at your Stratum Proxy? I only see a single AntMiner U1 reported in to MobileMiner.

Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: