Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:07:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031115 times)
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:52:18 AM

@ maok, well it was not exactly a poll on reddit. BuyQuark was busy with a banner: http://forum.qrk.cc/thread/1901/thunderclap-quark-feedback-social-media?page=2
and asked the community at reddit for advice (search "revolution" at reddit and see post of buyquark "Join the revolution [what do you think]")
The final banner which was used for the thunderclap was with the "money reinvented". This to keep it simple for people who would be exposed to the banner and had never heard of cryptocurrencies before.
Since then we used for all Quark promotions "money reinvented".

It is open for change, to make a fresh start ;-). I also rather see a slogan what reflects Quark and not cryptocurrencies in general.
thanks for info. Well not exactly to change it but in promos/campaigns it reflects better `the elementary currency` like in elementary particles than the generic one `money reinvented`

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 07:53:28 AM

quark algo is a bit hot in summer for miners

not in my experience.

what hardware are you running and what miner?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:23:28 PM

quark algo is a bit hot in summer for miners
Horseshit...Quark algo is one of the lowest wattage GPU mining options making it excellent for summer.
MacDuro

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:10:40 PM

quark is still the top 15 coin

; D now take the scams out.

let me just check....

yep we are top 10 simple - and just wait a few months.

Yeah that coin seems pretty good and stable when you take a look to other projects , I'm really new on crypto world but this is going to be one of the cryptos that I'm going to support .
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 06:03:13 PM

Who is this Max you guys keep talking about?  At first I thought you were talking about Max Keiser.  lol.

And what is his function?  By the sounds of it he is the lead dev, is this correct?

Sorry, there's a lot of confusion on this thread right now.  Like I said, I used to have 2 million Quark but sold it all at 200 Satoshi and now I have less than 20,000 Quarks.  

Thank you!

The Max confusion is understandable, because Max Keiser was involved in Nov/Dec, only because Bill Still had a spot on his show, and QRK was mentioned a few times.

In August 2013, I had even more QRK (at that time I had a habit of acquiring a few % stake in all the new coins I fancied, there are of course too many to do that now) but I too sold most of it. I guess Bill Still or his backers were buying up the QRK market at the beginning of November.

You will realise that a lot of the long-time bitterness and trolling etc stemmed from the holders who sold out at tiny prices. This is the sort of thing that I have experienced in many altcoins, and I know you understand the history of some.

Max Guevarra was the lead developer: I guess he tries to keep his head below the parapet nowadays.
maok

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:27:15 PM

Max Guevarra was* the lead developer: I guess he tries to keep his head below the parapet nowadays.
*still is*, you only have to look few pages behind to see he's currently working on upgrading Quark to a new version. What devs you know nowdays who accept to work for free ? Even the main bitcoin devs are paid by the foundation, new coins are launched everyday with paid devs, how many will survive ? how many are fully decentralized like Quark? Its hard to find someone as dedicated as Max to work for free, so you could understand if he doesn't have all the time in the world to work solely on Quark and probably needs to make a living out of his real life job so I wouldn't put it even remotely that he `keeps his head below the parapet`.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:28:44 PM

The Max confusion is understandable, because Max Keiser was involved in Nov/Dec, only because Bill Still had a spot on his show, and QRK was mentioned a few times.

In August 2013, I had even more QRK (at that time I had a habit of acquiring a few % stake in all the new coins I fancied, there are of course too many to do that now) but I too sold most of it. I guess Bill Still or his backers were buying up the QRK market at the beginning of November.

You will realise that a lot of the long-time bitterness and trolling etc stemmed from the holders who sold out at tiny prices. This is the sort of thing that I have experienced in many altcoins, and I know you understand the history of some.

Max Guevarra was the lead developer: I guess he tries to keep his head below the parapet nowadays.

I initially had the same theory last year, and had at one point bought about 2-3% of most of the 3 dozen alts on Cryptsy but sold them all and bought only IXC.  It was still a good move but I would have made way more short term on MEC and especially Quark.

It's not too late but like you said, it's much harder now given there's hundreds of alts.

Thanks for the explanation - I'm gonna try to buy a little quark and also a few dozen other way oversold alts which right now are ridiculously cheap, many at 1/100th of 1 penny ($.0001).  That's just too good to pass up.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 02:04:51 AM

Getting a massive response to "How I'm promoting a "Central Authority" and "Global ID" system to Bitcoin investors as their best alternative."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2eoosh/if_you_care_about_your_investment_read_why_a/

posted it on Twitter and to key peers in the Bitcoin community - :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cornell researchers detail why I'm correct about the Global ID and Central Auth
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758195.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First read this if you care about Bitcoin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://hackingdistributed.com/2014/06/16/how-a-mining-monopoly-can-attack-bitcoin/

How A Mining Monopoly Can Attack Bitcoin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now see the only solution:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757027.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now if you care about your investment read this below

Sure you can try to patch the code blah blah , but how will it be achieved? 

it can't be, you would have to hard-fork Bitcoin and start again upon which its basically an Alternative fork currency in which case a move to multi PoW and other innovations would be make sense like the mini blockchain etc. 

ok that could be done, upon which what is going to happen?

- The free market will take over
- The price will collapse to its base money

if you are an investor holding BTC right now do you want that?

what is far more profitable?

the solution I provide is the only answer its actually the only chance to try to maintain monopoly.

you need to understand my mind works in game theory, you have a much better chance to convince a malleable uneducated public that a central authority is needed; hold onto monopoly and keep the valuation impressively high; because the alternative is where you are.

The Gobal ID can be called a "trust verification system" to ensure no monopolists can double spend or take these actions listed in the Cornell analysis.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
johnalt

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:00:10 AM

i lost a lot of money in QRK Embarrassed   

maok

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:16:20 AM

what were your real investments in Quark? how many services/products you bought/sold/got involved with Quark ?

OR you only bought QRK as a currency and you hoped it was going to appreciate in value? then you sold at a loss? you tried to be a trader and failed, thats what you're complaining about ?

Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 11:15:17 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 11:44:20 AM by Majormax

I initially had the same theory last year, and had at one point bought about 2-3% of most of the 3 dozen alts on Cryptsy but sold them all and bought only IXC.  It was still a good move but I would have made way more short term on MEC and especially Quark.

It's not too late but like you said, it's much harder now given there's hundreds of alts.

Thanks for the explanation - I'm gonna try to buy a little quark and also a few dozen other way oversold alts which right now are ridiculously cheap, many at 1/100th of 1 penny ($.0001).  That's just too good to pass up.

Cheers!

I don't necessarily buy 'cheap', but am more interested in truly novel ideas....eg Lottoshares (slow burn distribution to 1m people), Monero (Cryptonote ring signatures), Supercoin (trustless anon sending with feeshare), Librex (Android PoS)  etc.. Also, I try to get involved with the infrastructure and daily effort (that often means writing and promotion): the interraction helps with
understanding the quality of the community and dev.

Really looking for something that catches on bigtime (ie invest 5BTC for 100BTC return: a market cap can go x20 from any level at all, really). Needs a decent dev team and promotion as well,but I find that is mostly priced-in already. Accepting mostly total losses is just the price paid for that strategy.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 11:19:19 AM

what were your real investments in Quark? how many services/products you bought/sold/got involved with Quark ?

OR you only bought QRK as a currency and you hoped it was going to appreciate in value? then you sold at a loss? you tried to be a trader and failed, thats what you're complaining about ?

Traders generally lose money (around 99% of them). I had a whole career in the financial industry, and saw it from the inside.

In a secular rising market (like altcoins) it is easy for a trader to believe they have the right skills.
MacDuro

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:56:00 PM

Traders generally lose money (around 99% of them). I had a whole career in the financial industry, and saw it from the inside.

In a secular rising market (like altcoins) it is easy for a trader to believe they have the right skills.

When talking about cryptos I can't understand how there are people just holding big quatities  and waiting for a miracle to sell  high ... best thing that they can do is spend some of his coins buying something helping to create a real market for the coin and an alive community using it . There is no need to spend tons of money , just buy a 2$ dolars gadget , a  giftcard for Steam or Amazon that you can gift to a familiar or a friend on birthdays ...
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 03:46:27 AM

Pock.io has been going from strength to strength adding giftcards, their business model is interesting.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 03:47:53 AM

but what i want to know is what is this black majick that is supporting the Quark price now?

crypto currency has no intrinsic value.

I smell the devil.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
MacDuro

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:12:17 AM

Pock.io has been going from strength to strength adding giftcards, their business model is interesting.

Sure it's , and if They where known on the Steam community I'm sure They will do tons o transactions , since Steam guys are really greedy  sure they will put their highend gaming pcs to mine while sleeping or at school if They can have "free" money to buy more games or even to buy weapons , skins or hats for his games  ... I saw people spending  400$ in just "cool and rare" weapons for CSGO , some guys (and Steam of course) are earning tons of money with the strange market in wich Steam has turned , specially Russians due to market pricing restrictions wich sounds really weird for an online Store .
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 10:00:01 AM

Sure it's , and if They where known on the Steam community I'm sure They will do tons o transactions , since Steam guys are really greedy  sure they will put their highend gaming pcs to mine while sleeping or at school if They can have "free" money to buy more games or even to buy weapons , skins or hats for his games  ... I saw people spending  400$ in just "cool and rare" weapons for CSGO , some guys (and Steam of course) are earning tons of money with the strange market in wich Steam has turned , specially Russians due to market pricing restrictions wich sounds really weird for an online Store .
+1

i agree - lets make it happen.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
maok

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:45:34 AM

+1

It has begun :-) Also added a new promotion for twitter fans #quarkabit and win a lot :-) more details: http://quarktalk.cc/threads/quark-forum-new-quarkers-giveaways.104/#post-317

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 12:34:12 PM

+1

It has begun :-) Also added a new promotion for twitter fans #quarkabit and win a lot :-) more details: http://quarktalk.cc/threads/quark-forum-new-quarkers-giveaways.104/#post-317

i think we can do more.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
maok

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:03:58 PM

+1

i think we can do more.
ok.. so ? everything can be improved.. whats your point ? whats stopping you to do more ?

Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: