Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:55:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
jennyk

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:40:20 PM

It is not exactly about Bitcoin, but still, once a heard that Kim Jong Un, not a nice guy, mined Monero
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:40:39 PM

Is cash used by criminals? Yes. Are you going to stop using cash now?  I don't think so. So why are you picking just Bitcoin out of every currency. Just cause you became influenced by a media article doesn't means that Bitcoin is less valuable now.

The mainstream media has succeeded in painting such a picture of Bitcoin. If you ask someone who is not familiar with crypto-currency about BTC, then he will most probably reply that it is a currency used by the criminals.
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:38:22 PM

Obviously Yes. But it doesn't mean that bitcoin is a criminal-led currency. Fiat money is also used by criminals. Does it mean that fiat is a criminal-led currency? The point is, money is a neutral thing whatever kind of currency it is.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
Ravenangel

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:58:00 PM

The freedom BTC offers makes it use friendly to anyone who is willing to be involved in it, if its convenient for criminals then they are free to use it as well. BTC use has no limitations

Bitcoin to the moon
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:28:16 PM

Yes Bitcoin can be used by criminals. Its anonymous nature allows it to be used for crimes like money laundering, tax evasion, extortion, and contraband transactions. Stealing cryptocurrencies of others is also possible. This is one of major reasons that government is banning them.
Nekrasova

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:39:18 PM

Yes. For bets on contractual matches. I faced this once
ballexplorer

Activity: 201
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:52:11 PM

This view is far too superficial to me. It may be that the Internet and the BTC are also used by criminals.
The idea for the creation of the BTC by Satoshi Nakamoto has been for the personal freedom of the people. As a payment coup and investment, the BTC is also used by the masses of people. There will always be criminal machinations, whether BTC or FIAT money.
abderrazak belkhir

Activity: 1096
Merit: 167

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:21:04 PM

Not even the bitcoin used by the criminals...dolar and euro gold and all fiat money also...this idea is a stupide idea used for control the public view about the bitcoin
Chooroz

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:24:51 PM

Yes, most likely bitcoin is used in illegal trades and other probihited transcations that cant be done in banks,  because bitcoin is anonymous transaction is hard to trace  like who is the sender and the reciever.
Well for me it has a big chance that the bitcoin can be used by criminals because bitcoin is open for everyone, every people in this world can used bitcoin, including criminals, and for me there now so many criminals are starting to used bitcoin because it is more easy to used, and bitcoin can give a lot of money for everyone.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:32:51 PM

There is a possibility that it is being used by criminals. There are no rules in bitcoin,  as long as we can access it, we can use it everyday,  everywhere and anywhere. It can be use by everyone,  young or even old as long as they can handle it and manage their btc properly.

sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:41:30 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
This is true. Something very important to note in the life of the majority of goods that are originally produced for good, some bad elements also make use same good. Just like a gun manufactured for protection, but also used for some nefarious activities.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
billbear

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:43:30 PM

Indeed, in a deep web, onion sites. Transactions are only in bitcoin, of course becouse of decentralization, so nobody cant know who will send and who will recieve money.
I saw it with my eyes.
baldur odinson

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:47:13 PM

I think, nowadays criminals uses everything, not only just Bitcoin. But this it is not bitcoin fault because the criminals have been exist along before Bitcoin. Unfortunately, Criminals are everywhere.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:18:53 PM

A few weeks ago a singular group of kidnappers was arrested in my country. They had the idea of asking the family of the kidnapped for a significant amount of money via bitcoin as a ransom.

While it is true that this band was quickly arrested by the police, it is a sign that every day there is more interest in criminal gangs for "adapting" to new technological trends, including bitcoin.
Sate Jamu

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:21:47 PM

I think it's very possible that criminals use bitcoin for transactions such as buying drugs, weapons, money laundering and so on, this is because the anonymous bitcoin feature supports that.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄█████████████████████████████████
 ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████
████[        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████[     ▄█████████████      ██████████▄
████[    ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀██████
████[   ]████                         █████
████[   ]████                         ]████
████[   ]████                         ]████
████[    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄._       ]████
████[     ▀████████████████████▄      ]████
████[        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄     ]████
████[                       ]████     ]████
████[                       ▄████     ]████
████[     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀     ]████
████[    ██████████████████████▀      ]████
████[     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'        ]████
█████                                 █████
 ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
 Y██████████████████████████████████████▀
  `"▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

S E S S I A

NEW GENERATION
SOCIAL NETWORK

█████████ █▄
█████████ ███▄
█████████▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████

GET APP

Get cashbacks from your
purchases and kickbacks
from your friends purchases
▄██

▀██
██████████████████████████████████

███▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄
█████████████▄▄
█████████████████▄
███████████████████
████████████████▀
████████████▀
█████████▀
█████▀▀
███
GET IN ON
Google Play
██████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
▄██

▀██
█████████████████████████████████

,d██
        d███
  _o▄▄▄.███b▄▄▄▄▄
,▄██████▄ ▄███████
▄███████████████
███████████████
████████████████
▀█████████████████
 █████████████████
  ███████████████▀
   ▀████▀  ▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
█████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
Prettyme

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:24:42 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Well we can never deny the fact that we can't avoid this kind of criminalization so I think all we need to do is to become more aware about this. But I wish that bitcoin forum will be more secured so that we can lessen this and there's no people will be affected about this kind of criminal.

Mbah Djoko

Activity: 419

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:34:27 PM

Of course with anonymous features everyone thinks that bitcoin is used for criminal transactions, and I do not think this is true forever because of the greater benefits of bitcoin and more for good transactions.

great
schatzi

Activity: 116

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:37:01 PM

I am a little bit tired of hearing stuff like this. Bitcoin is implicated to terror activities, to illegal activities, to the deep web where everything appears to be illegal thus underground, and so on. There is no point really to generalize anything at this point as a some kind of tool for terrorists.For those who are easily affected will definitely consider bitcoin very bad.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:44:02 PM

internet are very useful for the fastest transactions of any kind of documents even the bank they use internet to monitor the stocks movement in the market price for the fiat money, if the internet go die because the reason is to stop the bitcoin operation is not good idea, let's say the bad element using bitcoin are only 1% than 99% people use bitcoin in the good ways, i think this not fair for those working for good for their future.
farukahmed

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:05:40 AM

Bitcoin is not control by any government so there is no rules to use it. Anyone can use it now. Its a online currency so anyone who use internet can use bitcoin so every one can use it without any restriction. It is useful for criminals its true. If any criminal want to use it they can use it very easily. So it is possible to bitcoin used criminal.

∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎   BlockMembers.io   ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎
|▌ THE FUTURE OF HOME BUILDING IS HERE ▐|
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: