Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:32:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
eolitic

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:25:27 PM

we can not know the use of bitcoin and I have heard many negative things about bitcoin that bitcoin has been used to finance crimes like terrorists, they are looking for money to get used to buying weapons or other, that's what the government is afraid of nowadays because they can not control the use of bitcoin

totally agree with you, but the thing is that the first 50 bitcoins were created almost in 2009, and  we started more or less using it like 5 years ago?.. but if we look at terrorists, we can easily notice that they used to find money in a very successful way before the blockchain was created. so, no matter what is creating and no matter what positive influence the inventors have in their minds, there always will be people who would use everything in negative way.. unfortunately, i don't think that if government starts controlling the use of bitcoin, the situation with terrorism will change.. they will find another way, but we will be facing lots of formal checkings, KYC, etc. but this is only my opinion. i can easily be wrong)))
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sailordgold

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:32:44 PM

I think so. For me, criminals will use any kind of medium just to do crimes and take advantage of other people and bitcoin is not an exception. As a matter of fact, illegal transactions can be may made here as the transactions happening here can not be tracked especially by the government as the transactions may happen only between the users directly. Also, the anonymity bitcoin offers may attract the criminals. Well, criminals are not only those who use guns and knives, even people who are here just to scam may be called criminals. Crime is a crime whether how small or big it is.
Antivoid

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:35:48 PM

surely, some criminals use bitcoin like WannaCry and money laundering, there is a say that technology innocense, but i would say that technology should have a value that it should not be easily used by criminals, otherwise it can be easily banned
alphaomega.f

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:40:21 PM

maybe. there are huge numbers of people who get involved in bitcoin-related activities everyday and we couldn't just determine who they are for we are anonymous on the forum ourselves. but since bitcoin is actually open for all, then we could say that yes, there are possibilities that criminals use this. think of the scam ICOs, is that considerable as a crime? if yes, then think of their developers as one.
andrei214

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:46:29 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
Since bitcoin are still a type of currency that can be used for payments and transactions, for some reasons bad people takes this advantages to do crimes.They will do anything for them to support their bad actions.This could be a problem if they didnt try to find solutions for it.

▲▼ ZICHAIN ▲▼ ▲▼  JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO ▲▼ FACEBOOK ▲▼ TELEGRAM ▲▼ TWITTER ▲▼ THREAD ▲▼ REDDIT  ▲▼
mario00

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:48:35 PM

I think bitcoin just like fiat money is used by criminals because no matter what criminals will always find a way to carry out whatever nefarious activities they have planned so they will use any means possible to do it.
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:17:41 PM

it's possible that every one uses no rules that require the user to send cv like we are applying for official office work so no system can know whether a good person or a criminal is using btc. smart from us, so from us dizzy thinking of the possibility it's better we concentrate with what we want to achieve in btc, after all we have no power to prevent it
Andrian11

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:27:58 PM

For me is not, because a true bitcoin earner can't cheat there work and cannot blame other people to become successful. Work with patience and industrious is a true bitcoin earner that is opposite in Criminals.
dodz031718

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:38:38 PM

Off cause bitcoin is use for criminal activities and so is our faint money also, the dark market market are always looking for a secret means to carry out they transactions and since bitcoin is decentralized it becomes the most preferred means for they transactions.

I believe some criminals are using Bitcoin for their crimes transactions, and that we can not avoid to find out who's behind of those hacking activity.
aileen393332xe5157

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:38:58 PM

No one can deny the benefits that Bitcoin offers to humans. Having Bitcoin on the market makes it possible for people to pay instantly, easily, simply and inexpensively around the world in the most economical way without spending a lot of time. But one thing Bitcoin is annoying about is that bitcoin deals do not force people to use their real names, so it's a good opportunity for criminals to use the payment method for their bills ... If managers can take a step further to manage Bitcoin users, then nothing is happier for the human race.
troglobait

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:43:21 PM

very strange and stupid question, of course yes! any money and valuables are used by criminals. Fiyatnye money, gold, securities are also used. This only confirms the value of the crypto currency
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:51:47 PM

absolute yes, bitcoin use for criminal too.
its like bitcoin right? asset can use to criminal, though it is property and the other asset. if your asset is unclear about who is owner, it can be criminal.
bitcoin is good for criminal because they anonim, unless the government take the owner data and put to database or system. so they know the person and the address

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:54:41 PM

Yes,  it is. There's a black side of bitcoin use. There are many news revealed  Bitcoin used in crime. For example, a college student bought drugs through online using bitcoin. Then, a terrorist who asked to transfer amount of money in a form of bitcoin. Thus,  we need to be more careful with the use of bitcoin.
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:55:40 PM

Yes,  it is. There's a black side of bitcoin use. There are many news revealed  Bitcoin used in crime. For example, a college student bought drugs through online using bitcoin. Then, a terrorist who asked to transfer amount of money in a form of bitcoin. Thus,  we need to be more careful with the use of bitcoin.
Ish_Rox

Activity: 200

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:57:06 PM

Unfortunately I have to say yes. The reason is btc transactions used very secure and secret method. Others can't see who is the Sender,  the Receiver & Receiver can't see who is the sender and Same to the sender.Receiver and Sender can only see theirs wallet addresses. That's why I told btc used by criminals.
hotcoin1234

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:59:18 PM

As bitcoin is a decentralize platform and the user can be annoymous this indeed increase the usage of criminals and bad people. However how will you define bad a person with good intentions for example he might be trying to hack someone else bitcoin  to help someone in need or someone hack bitcoin for his own greed.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:00:19 PM

The biggest criminals in the world right now are the politicians. And ironically, this is the group which remains the most hostile to Bitcoins and other forms of crypto-currency. So I find it hard to believe that a lot of criminals are using Bitcoin for their criminal activities.
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:03:30 PM

No one can deny the benefits that Bitcoin offers to humans. Having Bitcoin on the market makes it possible for people to pay instantly, easily, simply and inexpensively around the world in the most economical way without spending a lot of time. But one thing Bitcoin is annoying about is that bitcoin deals do not force people to use their real names, so it's a good opportunity for criminals to use the payment method for their bills ... If managers can take a step further to manage Bitcoin users, then nothing is happier for the human race.
That is true,  because we are anonymous in making transactions, no one are able to track down who is performing such transaction and if where is that transaction for.  This could be the safest way for criminals to such illegal acts because what they do can be hidden from  the authorities.  

If I am not wrong,  there are documentaries about bitcoin being used in criminal activity and that there is a site where it can be used as payment. They describe the site as a good nest for all the bad things that you want to do.  

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
DragonCoinZ

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:07:06 PM

They are so many people who are using bitcoin. Like fiat money. So its naturally that some criminals are using bitcoins for their payment. Without these ilegal business which mean the drug and other sales on the darkweb, bitcoin wouldnt never became so popular. And it would never had that much worth. So the criminals are no argument. Criminals use the internet too, so should we shutdown the internet?
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:50:05 PM
Merited by nankers (1)

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Its true bitcoin is now using in illegal things, Crimes and in drugs. That's the main reason why some country's Government are against bitcoins and want it to take down. Hacking and scamming someone is also a part of crimes. There's no way to stop it since government has zero interest in bitcoin and looking for ban it and about us we are unable to do anything, its not in under control.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: