Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:45:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
kaikaikunen

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:36:50 PM

Absolutely yes , infact we hear some other people or I don't think if it's true they are using it for financing terrorist in our society. Where in fact we must use it in good in promote the Bitcoin for the own good of other people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Specctrall

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:46:39 PM

Botkin's trade channels are relatively open, free from any control and have no traces, so they are easy to use by criminals. It's inevitable.
miang

Activity: 196
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:47:24 PM

Some people say that bitcoin is mostly used by terrorists and criminals, but this society misconception is further from the truth. The reason is because many people think Bitcoin is anonymous but the truth is that all bitcoin transactions are stored publicly and permanently on the network and anyone can see the balance and transactions of any Bitcoin address. If bitcoin is very transparent it doesn’t mean that criminals don’t use bitcoin for thier illegal activities.
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:03:09 PM

Some people say that bitcoin is mostly used by terrorists and criminals, but this society misconception is further from the truth. The reason is because many people think Bitcoin is anonymous but the truth is that all bitcoin transactions are stored publicly and permanently on the network and anyone can see the balance and transactions of any Bitcoin address. If bitcoin is very transparent it doesn’t mean that criminals don’t use bitcoin for thier illegal activities.

The meaning of anonymity of bitcoin that used by criminals are the personal details that you can't see and trace even you see the transaction of differrent addresses you can just see the amount but not the sender and receiver of Bitcoin Smiley
This is the reason why bitcoin uses in some of the illegal activities in the deepweb because of FBI Watching deepweb when illegal transactions happened, What if criminals used other payment methods like Paypal? so they are easily get traced by government.
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:08:32 PM

The meaning of anonymity of bitcoin that used by criminals are the personal details that you can't see and trace even you see the transaction of differrent addresses you can just see the amount but not the sender and receiver of Bitcoin Smiley
This is the reason why bitcoin uses in some of the illegal activities in the deepweb because of FBI Watching deepweb when illegal transactions happened, What if criminals used other payment methods like Paypal? so they are easily get traced by government.
Exactly there is no exact way on how this could be ever traced for cause there is some identity on here in this currency that cant trace for automatically everything here can hide. In some other way good but for some criminal thing this may look bad.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
beezunus

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:47:28 PM

we can not know and control the use of bitcoin, but I'm sure there are criminals who use bitcoin for crime because it is difficult to track the use of bitcoin and the government can not do anything about bitcoin
shultz1994

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:52:33 PM

Of course, because of decentralized system like blockchain, which  can to to hide information about both sides of transactions. Its very profitable for criminal
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:07:51 PM

Yes, Bitcoin can be used by criminals and good people. Their are cases, not only dark web are using bitcoin for illegal transaction so be aware to your transaction always. We are expecting that criminals can be used this because it's anonymity and untraceable. But in a good side, many people are using this bitcoin as source of income for legal transaction.
kyucryp

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

I think this is a wrong statement because all transparent bitcoin transactions can be seen by everyone. So using bitcoin for crime is the wrong way. But I'm sure there are people who use bitcoin for evil we can not tell everyone to always do good .

Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:25:45 PM

Basically bitcoin transacstions are untraceable. So obviously no one knows who is in the other end sending a money or having s transactions. And because of that, this is so much favorable for criminals. It is an advantage for them to use bitcoin then if this is the case that they cant be trace. Yes, criminals might use bitcoin.
stellaekun

Activity: 234

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:37:40 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
Bitcoin,gold,diamond,precious metals ,the USD are all used by terrorist to finance illegal activities.The USD is most likely the most commonly used in terms of volume.The argument against bitcoin as a tool for funding illegal activities to me is an attempt to put bitcoin in a negative spotlight.bitcoin is a good thing,it is used by both good and bad people same way other currencies are used for both good and evil.I also believe that there should be some basic infrastructure on to guard it being abused by users.,some level of control,certainly not total to keep us all safe.
noelanora99

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:41:39 PM

No one can stop the terrorist from using bitcoins because of it's anonymous feature. Most people are confident to it's confidentiality, making its user worry free on their every transactions. it also make the best way of founding for terrorism.
24Bit

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:49:26 PM

I dont think that criminals use bitcoin,they are to dumb to use bitcoin.Even if they are useing the bicoin its good for them they dont need to steal things from regular people.But if they are trying to steal bitcoin its hust not gonna hapen.Police should arrest the criminals.That`s that.
Magic Sarap

Merit: 14

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:54:21 PM

Of course, because of decentralized system like blockchain, which  can to to hide information about both sides of transactions. Its very profitable for criminal
Woth that situation, it os kond of sad how bad people can access the bitcoin that we the good person ise it for our daily life and serve as an opportunity giver.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:08:10 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

We can say that criminals uses bitcoin and internet for their illegal transactions but also theyre using the real money to do some transactions, you also said that removing and banning internet and bitcoin is hard, yes it'll be hard because we use it for our daily living. Well if thats the case, they should also ban the real money, and all of the things that can be used to do their illegal transactions.  

Many people uses Bitcoin, it will depend on the person if he/she will use it on good or bad.
mafitjulit

Activity: 64
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:09:44 PM

More and more often I start to hear that in darknet bitcoin is used as the currency of payment for certain services and goods, but I think it is only because the owner of the wallet can not identify the person
mcqueen95

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:12:55 PM

While Bitcoin might actually turn out to be one of the safest and least 'bad' ways to use money, it doesn't mean that criminals don't use it. just like normal money, they do. but there are two important things to note firstly, that as more data becomes available in the industry, the more it is becoming clear the number of bad uses is very, very minute if the entire Bitcoin ecosystem is represented by a big mountain, the size of the bad parts is a couple of rocks. second, that in any financial system, this is the risk that can never be eliminated, merely mitigated, and Bitcoin has some of the best tools in the world for that.
ubaid

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 04:13:58 PM

indeed if bitcoin is used for terrorists and for the control of crime money, bitcoin transfer is very easy and difficult to trace and no one can punish even punish also need a congruous evidence, while the bitcoin is a peer to peer system, and no one holds.
etron

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:16:31 PM

you really say, in the reputation section of this forum so many big-time criminals who use bitcoin as a transaction, and this bitcoin is illegal and so many drug transactions, weapons there, they make payments using bitcoin because so as not to be smelled by the government .
Matildada

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:20:15 PM

Yes, there are criminals use bitcoin payment transaction, but I think it is only a small fraction of the currency used to crime, hesitation COINS of anonymity, the government can't find the criminal
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: