Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
Weeko

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:42:39 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
from this can not escape, any useful thing can be used to the detriment of others and this is normal

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:49:13 PM

Definitely yes. Bitcoin is anynomous so its very hard to trace who is the sender and reciever.  Thats why some people arguing with this ,like in my country some says bitcoin is used in illegal acts and bitcoin  should be banned.
laserfocused

Activity: 171

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 01:16:03 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Yes, but so is the US Dollar, and the Japanese yen, and every other fiat currency in the world.  I would argue that its easier for criminals to use fiat currency for criminal activities than it is bitcoin. Bitcoin provides a trackable ledger, fiat does not. 
Djbeats

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:29:48 AM

Many criminals used bitcoin for their addiction but many criminal not used bitcoin because they don't know what is bitcoin
Lauff

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:20:02 AM

yes many criminals used bitcoin as their coin to scm many people they will say that give me your bank infos and then you will be shock because they will get all of your stored money so becareful

If I personally better bitcoin is used for things that are useful and with a good purpose. Because bitcoin applies to everyone, and it's up to everyone who uses it
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:27:06 AM

Of course we cannot control the use of a currency like bitcoin just like fiats in any way because the rich are always going to have the greater percentage of any currency and they can manipulate it the way they want through money laundering and other illegal businesses.
Crowdsale.network

Activity: 104

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:42:13 AM

Some criminals like any other people use bitcoin because users can open a wallet to send and receive bitcoin without giving a name or identity. There is no bank or central authority, like a government, to control this information...
Rubble898zaitO

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:33:32 AM

Possibly, my take here is Bitcoin can be used by anyone just like fiat money. So for me regardless of criminals using it, let's say they are because of its decentralized nature, so what? criminal and bad people will use any resources they can use to do their bad activities or dealing but that doesn't change the fact that it is not Bitcoin that is bad, and we cannot erase the good things that it can do and bring to us. Let's just not fall on the trap of some people who are not open and friendly to Bitcoin that it is bad and we have to avoid using it, what about fiat, should we avoid using it as well? I don't think so.
Kayla

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:53:25 AM

I agree with you. It is not the internet or bitcoin that is supposed to be blamed, but the one who abuses it. Internet and bitcoin are just a means or medium to commit a crime, while the internet and bitcoin can not filter between good people or terrorists. Many countries feel overwhelmed to fight terrorists, because terrorists are rampant all over the world. So do not blame the internet or bitcoin. Because the internet and bitcoin are very helpful to many people, depending on how we think and respond to it.

rerek007

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:53:34 AM

We don't even know because as of the the technology is so very high tech and fast to transact
GelatikKembar

Activity: 854

The OGz Club

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:56:05 AM

crime using bitcoin is purely a culprit's fault, anything can be used for a crime tool rather than just bitcoin. Every bitcoin user should be wiser in using it.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:11:32 AM

Some criminals like any other people use bitcoin because users can open a wallet to send and receive bitcoin without giving a name or identity. There is no bank or central authority, like a government, to control this information...

That's OK. But they are going to sell these coins at one point or the another. And it is not possible to do that completely anonymously, if the amount of coins is quite large. If they deposit the fiat cash in to their bank accounts, then the cops can easily trace them.
hsjd569

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:25:42 AM

Bitcoin is indeed used by some illegal elements for money laundering. This is a problem, but it has yet to find an effective solution. When bitcoin has not yet appeared, these illegal elements still have many ways to launder money, but Bitcoin is more convenient and faster. Only negative, but the positive impact of Bitcoin is greater than the negative impact. The government only sees negative, it has no effective solution, so what we see is that the government issues regulatory measures.
alex M

Activity: 166

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:30:02 AM

Everything is used by criminals, not just Bitcoin. For sure, the great majority of the criminals are using fiat. The more dangerous ones are definitely using fiat. They are the ones who are wearing suits and are occupying high positions in the governments of different countries and in the top executive positions of various international companies. In the low level, even scissors and frying pans and pins are used by criminals as well.
Yes, I agree. No one can control crimininals of using different currencies. All currencies can be a useful tool for them in doing crimes. Not to focus only on bitcoin because mostly used are paper money and not bitcoin.
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:34:07 AM

that possibility can indeed happen
because bitcoin is decentralized and anonymous, then no one can regulate its movement
from here we must fix the shortcomings of this Bitcoin
KYC is the key
Thyristor

Activity: 471

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:37:43 AM

Bitcoin widely used digital currency everybody knows that but when i heard BTC used with criminal,terrorist,hacker and majority of the BTC used in money laundering.Also in dark web BTC highly used.Because in BTC transaction there are no need identity that's why easily happened money laundering.
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:48:09 AM

that possibility can indeed happen
because bitcoin is decentralized and anonymous, then no one can regulate its movement
from here we must fix the shortcomings of this Bitcoin
KYC is the key

Yes bitcoin is used by criminals and it's always the perfect tool for them because their identity is fully concealed through blockchain and that's one of the disadvantage of being a decentralized crypto. But i don't think KYC is the key for this because anyone can still send fake information using other's identity.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
Commitments

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:52:06 AM

Bitcoin have used for the transaction of payment using by hacker, we still remember the hacker about the computer was lock by them and we have pay by using bitcoin, they used it for save their identity and to keep them form the police man, it will be save for their self. But everything can be used for the criminal, they can used the money or anything if they have chance. But bitcoin still best and good for transaction as a payment.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:53:47 AM

In my opinion, yes they can use Bitcoin to do their criminal act. They can easily do a fund transfer in different areas at anytime and anywhere. They can also hack others Bitcoin wallet to fund their transactions to execute it. The Government must do something about it that they need to implement rules and regulations to protect the investors and the country itself. The Government must improve the Know Your Client or KYC rules so that all investors are accounted and not bogus or fake accounts.

Jay Jay crypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:55:11 AM

While Bitcoin might actually turn out to be one of the safest and least 'bad' ways to use money, it doesn't mean that criminals don't use it. Just like normal money, they do. But there are two important things to note.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: