Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:33:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
wilsonwilly1

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:45:40 PM

My opinion yes, some people says bitcoin used by criminals it is rarely true. I heard very few people usd bitcoin by crime. But very most people use bitcoin in commerce for earn money. This is valid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gtx1060aa

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:47:37 PM

In darkknete, bitcoin became a payment coin, and all because there is no way to track the owner of the wallet or the buyer, the maximum that you can find is the transaction itself, but it will not be tied to the crime case
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:48:54 PM

Bitcoin is used by the criminal community for illegal activities. Bitcoin's advantages, such as anonymity, untraceable transactions, sometimes play a cruel joke. Bitcoin is often used as a means for money laundering. But you can not blame bitcoin for this. Crypto currency is only a tool. Responsibility is borne by people who are stuck in a criminal world.
Rajs64

Activity: 322
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 04:53:19 PM

The trade market as such has phenomenal hold from top players of dark world.They too are involved They are not naive and are too quick to know prominence of Cryptocurrencies. Not them, but they have peoples who are aware of the market situation and upcoming trends.
blacktajin
Copper Member

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:24:09 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
Bitcoin can be used by criminals for their crime purposes. Sometimes hackers may hack any important accounts  and claim bitcoin payment. Hackers remain untracked due to the hidden nature of payment. On the other hand,  due to being decentralised in nature, bitcoin can not be regulated by any country duly.  As a result criminals may use bitcoin payment for their offensive activities without any hassles.  But, one thing we must remember-knife is used by doctors for surgery and by robbers for robbery purposes.  We can not claim knife as a criminal tool,  rather we can blame it's wrong uses.  Similarly bitcoin has brought about a revolution in the payment system although it has some shortfalls.  We should ensure proper use of bitcoin for the welfare of economy.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:58:16 PM

it all depends who is using, in this world era can not stem the growth of internet technology. In my opinion, Bitcoin has many positive effects for many people, but it can not be denied and also groups that use Bitcoin for negative activities. We must use technology in this present era, whether it is for a positive or a negative thing

Pretty much
You cant just judge bitcoin negative because it is used by criminals. Just like drugs, it is not negative if it is used by doctors in a professional manner.
You can even use fork to kill. It is not the tools but the people using it

bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:16:36 PM

yes that things is possible, because the blockchain technology is anonymous, we dont really know the user and what kind of transaction was that. to handle this problem in some country, like me in indonesia. every local market or exchanger user must register with their legal identity, so the goverment can watch what we doing here.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:33:07 PM

Unfortunately Yes, some other bad people uses the bitcoin for their fraudulent activities in our society through this their name is being ruined by other people; where in fact the purpose of bitcoin is to promote common good.
The purpose of the bitcoin is to promote better understanding among the business community with must faster transactions and different tiers of the security, but there are certain bad guys who are also exploiting the situation and using the bitcoin for their own good and making thing worse on the digital platform. This can be countered easily if the governments start legalizing the crypto currency so that these cases can be filed and pursued.
WakinXXX

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:51:40 PM

Think its possible. Thats why sometimes price was increase on market and then goes up. BTC it good way to do all ''black'' payments to sell narcotic and weapons 
SergeYak

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:11:49 PM

Bitcoin is the main currency in darknet where criminals selling/buying different illegal stuff like drugs, guns , people , etc. But it's happening because bitcoin can't be tracked.
kamBlanV

Activity: 441
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:30:48 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
I agree with you that Bitcoin brings many benefits for many people.
So I think just 5% people use the Bitcoin for terrorism or criminals.
Bitcoin gives more positive effect than negative effect.

MakLampir

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:48:54 PM

Remember that bitcoin is digital currency and anyone can earn it and can buy it anywhere. So there is no doubt that criminal can't used bitcoin. Everyone can used bitcoin. It depend on the user of bitcoin that for which purpose he want to used their bitcoins. There is no mistake of bitcoin. I advise to all people to used your money for good work not for bad. As we all need development and that will be possible when we can create peace through out the world.
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:04:54 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency which can be used by good guys or bad. There is no doubt, criminals are using bitcoin and likewise the good guys. The good guys can use bitcoin buy things such a car, house, flight ticket, ebook, e.t.c. and criminals can also use bitcoin to buy hard drugs, malware, unlicensed firearm, e.t.c. The bitcoin is a currency for the people. thus, everybody has a freedom to use it the way they want depending on what they want.  

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
CADguy

Activity: 330

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:21:03 AM

I would agree with the judgment that bitcoin can also be used for crime. Only the term "criminal" does not quite fit, or rather it will be for illegal transactions.
HanaTenun

Activity: 817
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:21:23 AM

it is true that you convey I think not only bitcoin as a fundraiser in the field of crime because it is the law of cause and effect of the development of globalization era can all be used for the field of crime from various aspects of life let alone the internet and bitcoin in particular all back again to the destination per person

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Farhan786

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:36:27 AM

Bitcoin is good for online transactions.Criminals use digital money and also paper money.Bitcoin can use Bitcoin with transaction names, criminals, scammers. Transactions are anonymous and anyone can see what your identity is.Same me or you! legal or illegal.Two way we do the work.
dexterbit

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:43:56 AM

Yes'just like normal money,they do.but have two important things to note.
First-more data becomes available in the industry,the more it becoming clear the number of bad uses is very,very minute if the entire bitcoin ecosystem is represented by a big mountain,the size of the bad part is couple of rocks.
Second-that in any financial system,this is a risk that can never elimanated,merely mitigated.
toygama

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:34:24 AM

When Bitcoin is just starting it is widely used in illegal activities especially in deep web but Bitcoin is just another currency (digital) that can be used by anyone, but even fiat currency is also used by criminals, drug lords, terrorist or used in any different kinds of illegal things. But the thing is Bitcoin is more on the positive side right now because it is possible to trace Bitcoin and possibly get caught if you use it on inappropriate way, and there are already altcoins that can give fully anonymity to its users when transacting, like Monero and Verge and I think criminals are now switching to those altcoins.

It can be used by anyone, for me I think the whole scenario will viewed bitcoin provides more positive aspects in the world. Everything criminals can used for their bad activities like Internet and fiat but it will not be ban cause of its very much needed in the community.
webosftw

Activity: 205

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:58:56 PM

Yes it is used, but it does not mean that it is something terrible, or other forms of payment are also used. But in case of bitcoin the anonymity helps, but on the other hand it is main reason of its popularity and value.
Txslady

Activity: 244

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:25:36 PM

Stop blaming Bitcoin always that's rude. Bitcoin is just another form of currency just like the cold or the physical cash the point is due to the characteristic Bitcoin possess some criminals I using it for their benefit but that doesn't mean Bitcoin is made for caiman as they are also using credit cards and other stuff which are getting hacked daily. With Bitcoin, they have to simply trade coins rather than hacking it.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: