Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:43:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
Eijrafarm

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:53:04 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Exactly, there are alot of positive impact which bitcoin offers to us. However it is true that BTC can be used as a payment on black market that is used by terrorist which is unfavorable for the governments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:57:35 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Exactly, there are alot of positive impact which bitcoin offers to us. However it is true that BTC can be used as a payment on black market that is used by terrorist which is unfavorable for the governments.

Well, That is true. Bitcoin is used by the terrorist. They used Bitcoin as payment in black market and they are hiding their identity in able for them to be anonymous. They are transacting other people wihout presenting their idenity. However, This is just a fact that terrorist doing ahout Bitcoin. Not just bitcoin, They also used other altcoins nowadays.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
qwertyuiop0987654321

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:09:59 PM

The real  criminals are the one's printing fiat, collecting taxes and sellings weapons around the world.

Criminals are the one whom perform unnecessary act or which is abiding the law. Some criminals uses tools in performing crimes. Thus, BTC can be used by those criminals in their unaccepted act.
glongsword

Activity: 314

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:36:08 PM

Transaction fees right now are so high that for criminals, it is more logical and practical to use fiat than crypto. So it is safe to say that no criminals or organizations use crypto as a medium of transacting money.
Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:12:36 AM

Currently, few people use bitcoin for anonymous transfer or money laundering, and most people just use bitcoin as an investment product, so I don't think it is necessary to discuss this topic.

karlkino

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:27:29 AM

Asking whether criminals use bitcoin is tantamount to asking whether criminals use money. Of course they do, havent you heard of the deep web, silkroad etc. What currency do you think they use?
Lan75
Copper Member

Activity: 363
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:30:38 AM

Public blockchain is traceable so it would be and idiotic move for a terrorist to use this.
Klestar

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:38:19 AM

I can say in somepoint yes , then I can also say that most of  the time good people is the one that is using bitcoin , since the bitcoin is secured. just do your task because we know we are part of the good people.
btckid001

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:51:42 PM

It depends on who uses it. We cannot stop people such as terrorist who used BTC to do bad things. From my point of view, BTC has many pros and cannot be denied because of criminals used by BTCs. We can use them to buy goods as well and make the difference according to the blockchain technology.

╱¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯╲Vestarin╱¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯╲
╲Marketplace of goods and services for cryptocurrency╱ (https://www.vestarin.io)[/cente
rudito

Activity: 275

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:58:58 PM

Every person are allowed to use bitcoin, even the criminals. Bitcoins has no limitations on whom person were allowed. Even a common people who has the money to invest on it.

Yes, you are right. There is no limit to ownership of bitcoin, bitcoin can be owned by anyone. So it's not true if they think bitcoin is used by criminals for crime.
al.nechiporuk

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:10:53 PM

Everything is possible, but it is worth saying that dollars are also used by scammers. Therefore, I do not think that it is worth considering the prohibition of bitcoin, because it is used by criminals.
otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:02:48 PM

One of Bitcoin's best feature is anonymity. Sadly, this is being used also in illegal activities. But, you don't really need Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency to transact your illegal deeds.
Even without Bitcoin, illegal activities will still be there and there's ton of ways where you can transact something for your illegal activities.
This is reason, that Bitcoin is bad because it is being used by shady people is just being used by those who are against Bitcoin.
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:06:21 PM

Yes we have to face this bitter truth that bitcoin is being used by criminals for buying illegal things like guns and weapons or to pay someone for doing something.Criminals love using bitcoins because of its anonymousity.It keeps their identity and location hidden,so they have no fear of being caught by someone.But yeah as the OP says there too many good things about bitcoins too.So one can't just oppose bitcoins because it is being used by criminals.We should just accept the fact and move on that everything in this world has a good as well as a bad side.
SeniorRalap

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:12:48 PM

Yes, many criminals because of the currency dispersion and anonymity choose to use COINS as a crime, but I think it's just part of the very few, most criminals are still use fiat money, so we cannot for this reason the currency is prohibited
Glutius

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:15:44 PM

You know, it seems to me that bitcoin is used by criminals much less often than dollars. This is just an attempt to create a negative image of bitcoin.

dear53

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:16:01 PM

No i think this is not true fully but there is a chance to do it.Bitcoin have control by online.There is not any strong roulse about bitcoin.A criminal use it in a crime without any kinds of  identity and location hidden.This is the cause a criminal can use bitcoin... Angry Angry Angry
northcoin2018

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:19:40 PM

The real  criminals are the one's printing fiat, collecting taxes and sellings weapons around the world.
Well spoken. I love your idea of criminals. I believe the same. Everybody or everyone is a potential criminal if we break the rules set by the higher ups and the very few elite then we became criminals. And them they are the one setting the rule of the game and now bitcoin change that everyone has given a chance to play a fair play. I say there is equality in bitcoin.
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:22:52 PM

Everyone is free to use bitcoin, with anonymous features so I'm sure that many transactions are used for criminal activities such as the cost of terrorism, drugs, money laundering and so on, but I do not think this is a reason for all countries banned bitcoin.
Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:25:57 PM

Yes, we have to admit that criminals use bitcoin. But the percentage of these transactions, according to news sources, is minimal. About 5 per cent. I think it's too small a number to take seriously.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
jackjones53

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:40:24 PM

I've read an article in which hitmans, trackers, and hackers are payed with Bitcoins, and is also used for illegal transactions especially underneath the surface web. But do keep in mind that this also happens in all types of currencies.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: