Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:12:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166364 times)
cmmhbct

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:44:29 AM

How can we get merits from others since I never got any and dont know how to send or receive.

Now, you know how easy to get sMerit. Just kidding, lol. It's hard than you think, but you can make it.

I gave you one smerit - which is a merit for you merely based on your activity level of 48  - since we are in the early days of transition into this new system.

If someone else gives you another merit, then you will have one sendable merit (2 x 50% = 1).
~
This is my discussion on other side of merit system, despite the fact that I strongly believe in the good things this one can do for the forum.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2854290.msg29292533#msg29292533

Connecting the dots, improving over time, then getting sMerits!

~
It is likely traded sMerits between those two, nothing more. That is why the system is partially unfair at the moment.

There are lots of traded/ exchanged sMerits between users (in or out of the forum). Those ones will be ranked up sooner than others, despite what others say. After that, what will happen with those ones? Keep spamming the forum with shitty-posts. I guess so.

For those who are trying to post high-quality threads, but their threads missed attention (we can not refuse that higher-level users won't read all the posts in the forum, then choose and give those deserved ones their sMerits. It's only happen by chances, they read by chances) will drop far behind.

I think positively about what merit system can bring to our forum. However, it should be corrected with new rules, new adjustments from Theymos.

~~~~~ Only time will answer the question how good the merit system is ~~~~~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 09:57:02 AM

Though I am appreciating a lot of the etymological discussion that has gone on before this comment, it is missing something...oh yes, the "Hot for Words" person from YouTube.  I'm going to pretend one of you are her in what I hope, is a disturbing image for that person to be thought of as.

There seems to be a lot of prejudicial thinking against those who lack an absolute or near absolute mastery of the English language.  I hope that impression is not accurate, but seeing the last few pages really harping on "let's get rid of those non-English speaking newbs trying to make a buck, we don't care if they have to start somewhere" indicates to me that it is.

Oh no, a run-on sentence, I am doomed to be judged harshly.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:22:45 AM

You cannot get merit even if you make 10 quality post daily because they will never give you that. Merit must come from other member if he/she is willing to give it to you. If you have no friends you would likely  be a forever Jr. member or whatever position you have right now  because Merit is all about popularity. Quality post doesn't mean you get a  merit because Merit System is just a formality to rank up your position.

drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:57:03 AM

There are a lot of people that are abusing the Merit system. They are using their alternate account just to send merits to his/her main account. Also known as Merit famers.

Many are abusing the new system.

That wouldn't work, or they have to make quality posts. You can't generate merit without a source account?
Sine the merit update was here most of the members here have some sMerits to send to some accounts. yea i know you have to make quality post just to earn merits from different members here but, consider the fact that they could just boost their main/alternate accounts to have Merits. i have saw someone who has just send 150 sMerits from 3 different accounts ( 50 sMerits per account) to his/her main account just to boost the rank.
TheQuin

Activity: 2562
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:06:08 AM

Sine the merit update was here most of the members here have some sMerits to send to some accounts. yea i know you have to make quality post just to earn merits from different members here but, consider the fact that they could just boost their main/alternate accounts to have Merits. i have saw someone who has just send 150 sMerits from 3 different accounts ( 50 sMerits per account) to his/her main account just to boost the rank.

Then you should post evidence in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2823221.0

If you are correct then those accounts will get tagged with negative feedback and will become worthless. Someone might even give you a merit for being a good citizen.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Toughit

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:16:09 PM

Do merits only work in this thread?

In two days I have not seen a merit awarded anywhere else, and only here when someone wants to prove it works.

Fail!
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 3457

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:16:11 PM

There seems to be a lot of prejudicial thinking against those who lack an absolute or near absolute mastery of the English language.  I hope that impression is not accurate, but seeing the last few pages really harping on "let's get rid of those non-English speaking newbs trying to make a buck, we don't care if they have to start somewhere" indicates to me that it is.

i tend to be lenient with posters with whom English is not their native language as long as its mostly understandable. i judge by the amount of useful information present and the amount of effort put in a post (ie references or examples needed to back up a point of view.). im not here to grade English. heck my English teacher would cringe at my posts.
codemanX

Activity: 658
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:24:50 PM

In two days I have not seen a merit awarded anywhere else, and only here when someone wants to prove it works.

Fail!

That's true, but I think that the Merit system may need some time to get running smoothly. First I was angry because I missed the Senior Member rank just because of Merit, but now I don't care anymore, I just hope it will help Bitcointalk in the long run.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:25:55 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1), PoolMinor (1)

Then you haven't been looking very far. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=recent

36880 merit has been sent in total and a very small proportion of them in this thread.

Fail!

You sure did.

nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:29:35 PM

Though I am appreciating a lot of the etymological discussion that has gone on before this comment, it is missing something...oh yes, the "Hot for Words" person from YouTube.  I'm going to pretend one of you are her in what I hope, is a disturbing image for that person to be thought of as.

There seems to be a lot of prejudicial thinking against those who lack an absolute or near absolute mastery of the English language.  I hope that impression is not accurate, but seeing the last few pages really harping on "let's get rid of those non-English speaking newbs trying to make a buck, we don't care if they have to start somewhere" indicates to me that it is.

Oh no, a run-on sentence, I am doomed to be judged harshly.

The day I let some pretentious moral moron shame me over my own language mastery is a day which shall never happen.  Moreover, it is an ill omen when anybody accepts your transvalued inversion, whereby illiteracy is a mark of virtue and high standards a brand of vice.

And no, persons who lack adequate English skills do not belong in an English-language forum.  Full stop.  Their economic status is irrelevant; and your mention of that only makes it worse:  People with mediocre but passable English who have something worthwhile to say have never been rejected anywhere in such situations; but those who have nothing contribute are spammers and scum, whether they be dirty dirt-poor or otherwise.  Nobody has a right to “start somewhere” and make money by befouling the communications of other people.

To be excruciatingly clear:  Your dear “non-English speaking newbs trying to make a buck” are unwelcome, and I wish to make them feel that as intensely as I can.

Toughit

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:38:06 PM

Then you haven't been looking very far. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=recent

36880 merit has been sent in total and a very small proportion of them in this thread.

Fail!

You sure did.

Merit works GREAT:

Here is one at the top of your list, I can see why he got a merit, he likes pizza!:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.msg1141#msg1141

quote:
I'll pay 10,000 bitcoins for a couple of pizzas.. like maybe 2 large ones so I have some left over for the next day.  I like having left over pizza to nibble on later.  You can make the pizza yourself and bring it to my house or order it for me from a delivery place, but what I'm aiming for is getting food delivered in exchange for bitcoins where I don't have to order or prepare it myself, kind of like ordering a 'breakfast platter' at a hotel or something, they just bring you something to eat and you're happy!

I like things like onions, peppers, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, pepperoni, etc.. just standard stuff no weird fish topping or anything like that.  I also like regular cheese pizzas which may be cheaper to prepare or otherwise acquire.

If you're interested please let me know and we can work out a deal.

Thanks,
Laszlo
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:44:12 PM

Merit works GREAT:

Here is one at the top of your list, I can see why he got a merit, he likes pizza!:

That's a moment of Bitcoin history. We wouldn't be where we are today without people like Laszlo actually exchanging it for goods and services. The merit system is doing a great job at highlighting posts like this. Another example is the HODL thread. I've come across Hero Members here who had no idea where that meme came from and they have now learned something.

The Merit system has dual purposes. Not only to prevent spammers ranking up but to also highlight content that is worth reading. The system is very successful in both so far.

nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:00:56 PM
Merited by TheQuin (1)

Merit works GREAT:

That's a moment of Bitcoin history. We wouldn't be where we are today without people like Laszlo actually exchanging it for goods and services. The merit system is doing a great job at highlighting posts like this.

At current exchange rates, Laszlo paid the equivalent of well over a hundred million dollars (100000000 USD/$) for his pizzas.  I think he deserves some merit.  (Though not enough to give him any myself, when he’s been inactive almost four years.)

The Merit system has dual purposes. Not only to prevent spammers ranking up but to also highlight content that is worth reading. The system is very successful in both so far.

Indeed, one is necessary for the other.  One can’t tend a garden by only throwing down weed killer, without also nurturing desirable plants to take over the soil.

Toughit

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:09:02 PM

Merit works GREAT:

That's a moment of Bitcoin history. We wouldn't be where we are today without people like Laszlo actually exchanging it for goods and services. The merit system is doing a great job at highlighting posts like this. Another example is the HODL thread. I've come across Hero Members here who had no idea where that meme came from and they have now learned something.

I love it! 

Laszlo now has 30 merits including 12 from one person!
I going to add one more.

Fine system.
Toughit

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:11:43 PM

Merit works GREAT:

That's a moment of Bitcoin history. We wouldn't be where we are today without people like Laszlo actually exchanging it for goods and services. The merit system is doing a great job at highlighting posts like this.

At current exchange rates, Laszlo paid the equivalent of well over a hundred million dollars (100000000 USD/$) for his pizzas.  I think he deserves some merit.  (Though not enough to give him any myself, when he’s been inactive almost four years.)

Indeed, one is necessary for the other.  One can’t tend a garden by only throwing down weed killer, without also nurturing desirable plants to take over the soil.

And yes, 31 merit for a post 8 years old.
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:17:37 PM

At current exchange rates, Laszlo paid the equivalent of well over a hundred million dollars (100000000 USD/$) for his pizzas.  I think he deserves some merit.  (Though not enough to give him any myself, when he’s been inactive almost four years.)

Make that 37 merits.  Some others must have added since you last checked; and I just did, myself.  I’m in an expansive mood—and hungry.

Jaroslav2007x

Activity: 779
Merit: 291

40% is 40%

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:19:26 PM

Today was supposed to be HIRO! But apparently not fate with this meirite!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Toughit

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:20:49 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 02:12:25 AM by Toughit

Hmm..

Laszlo, with a dead account is now up to 38 merit.

I am now announcing my services as a BMG (Bitcointalk Merit Generator), for a fee, I will will advise on how to increase your merit score.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:21:05 PM
Merited by buwaytress (1)

Better make that 32 as I just gave it one. I'm actually disappointed it hasn't got more. People need to understand that the early adopters that actually started exchanging Bitcoin for goods and services are the ones that made a reality out of Satoshis dream. Bitcoin would literally have had no value if it wasn't for them using it as a currency. The more people that question why that thread is attracting merits and are smart enough to understand the explanation the better.

Edit: at least 38 now. I think people following this thread might have also seen your post and decided it needed to be highlighted more.

Toughit

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:23:03 PM

I like that post on many levels.

It has just helped me launch my new career.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: