Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2019, 09:21:52 PM *
News: If you like a topic and you see an orange "bump" link, click it. More info.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 137961 times)
cryptocommoner

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:21:23 PM

To address my prior concerns about merit givers not frequenting ALL of the board topics, do you think a thread should be created to request a post review?  This could be a way to encourage good, quality posts while still allowing everybody (possibly) a fair chance at being recognized.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mometaskers

Activity: 1162
Merit: 554

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:40:42 PM

I've only read the first few pages of the thread and I'm interested on the "source" for merits. The way I understood it, we ourselves are the sources, with the merits going around like coins but certain users can generate it out of "nothing". Is there a limit on how much new sMerits are added to the system? I've read there are 57 sources with a total 11,975 sM added per month. Wouldn't that mean the value of merits would decrease over time? As of now, I only give 1-2 at a time.

And what happens to the "decayed" sMerits? Are they brought back into the system?

Q. Why this merit system is introduced?
A. To improve the quality of the posts so that community decide whose contribution is more valuable.

Now, I see there is a problem. Currently, all the spamming is due to multi-accounts a person has to increase his/her bounties. They spam to increase their rank to win more bounty. It is already known that developers of a coins have majority of multi-accounts. It cannot be proved and disproved altogether. And even if it is not the case, the developers can simply launch activity based bounty campaign rather than rank based. Spammers will still abuse the system.

IMHO, with or without this merit system we need an extensive moderator program to eliminate/suspend users from spamming.

Please tell me, if I am wrong or missed something.

I think the Merit systems is actually perfect for tracking these down. Naturally, they'd start sending merits to each account to try to rank up. We don't know, maybe theymos has already put an algorithm in place to detect these activities.

<|°_°|>
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1554

www.gunbot.uk/tman/ - LEGENDARY SELF MADE BITCHES

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:49:52 PM
Merited by Mometaskers (1)

I've only read the first few pages of the thread and I'm interested on the "source" for merits. The way I understood it, we ourselves are the sources, with the merits going around like coins but certain users can generate it out of "nothing". Is there a limit on how much new sMerits are added to the system? I've read there are 57 sources with a total 11,975 sM added per month. Wouldn't that mean the value of merits would decrease over time? As of now, I only give 1-2 at a time.

And what happens to the "decayed" sMerits? Are they brought back into the system?

Q. Why this merit system is introduced?
A. To improve the quality of the posts so that community decide whose contribution is more valuable.

Now, I see there is a problem. Currently, all the spamming is due to multi-accounts a person has to increase his/her bounties. They spam to increase their rank to win more bounty. It is already known that developers of a coins have majority of multi-accounts. It cannot be proved and disproved altogether. And even if it is not the case, the developers can simply launch activity based bounty campaign rather than rank based. Spammers will still abuse the system.

IMHO, with or without this merit system we need an extensive moderator program to eliminate/suspend users from spamming.

Please tell me, if I am wrong or missed something.

I think the Merit systems is actually perfect for tracking these down. Naturally, they'd start sending merits to each account to try to rank up. We don't know, maybe theymos has already put an algorithm in place to detect these activities.

The sources get topped up with sMerits every 30 days. so currently 11,975 new sMerits will be generated each month to be handed out.

Theymos said that he would increase that number. I would imagine it being about 50K plus new sMerits in a month very soon bud

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀

The Avatar:
@rt27

Activity: 228
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:03:52 PM
Merited by YuTü.Co.in (1)

I think this merit system given by our dear thymos is a kind word of change to make difference in making comments. More important to newbie and junior in this place of doing interaction to other members. I hope even thymos will be kind to us and be honest too in giving merit. Not just dear thymos but also those people around here that can able to give merit.
Echo72

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:07:53 PM

I'm newbie on this forum, learning cryptocurrencie recently and will probably find a lot of trouble. Especially as a single fighter to get merit. Why I am late to start, while others have become heroes.
I've made some posts that I think are good according to newbie. but not a merit I get.
How the criteria make a good post on this forum. Sad
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 355

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:26:37 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 05:11:17 PM by athanz88
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I'm newbie on this forum, learning cryptocurrencie recently and will probably find a lot of trouble. Especially as a single fighter to get merit. Why I am late to start, while others have become heroes.
I've made some posts that I think are good according to newbie. but not a merit I get.

It is okay mate, you re new here and should learn many things before you can do something good. What you think good is not always good in the eye of other people. I have seen your post, and there is too many post on local board (but you can get merits too from people on your local board). But i salute you because i think you have a spirit and mentality to keep going and learn things so it can make the better of you, and not trying something cheap and bad like buying merits or whatsoever.

Here is the thread that you can visit. It is made by other member, and there is a list of other threads that may give you merit points if you do the job and have the requirement for it.
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:31:17 PM

Do not run after merits. After all basing on your statement you are here to learn regarding cryptocurrency so there is no rush for you to level up. Keep on learning as much as you can then start commenting quality, informative, and relevant posts especially to incoming newbies, and you have a bigger chance to earn those merits. Focus first in learning, as you can't give anyone something that you do not have, and I am talking about knowledge on cryptocurrencies. There are a lot of topics in the forum you can browse to gain those knowledge start from there and avoid spamming questions which have been answered long before. You can use the search tool if there are topics in your mind that you have some questions before even thinking to ask regarding it.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
BlackMambaPH

Activity: 966
Merit: 509

AD SPACE FOR RENT

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:59:01 PM

I need some opinion, especially from DT2 and DT1. Will guys allowed when someone is asking for a help instead of paying some reward in BTC or any amount that good in cash we will pay in sMerit?

For example of one of my post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2850944.msg29247505#msg29247505 (I never mentioned that I will merit those who help me).
Like if someone can help me I will merit him. Is that allowed? Or is there a chance that someone who does that will be tagged a Negative Trust because of paying sMerit instead of Bitcoin/Altcoin?

AD SPACE FOR RENT
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:06:29 PM
Merited by babo (1), BlackMambaPH (1)

I need some opinion, especially from DT2 and DT1. Will guys allowed when someone is asking for a help instead of paying some reward in BTC or any amount that good in cash we will pay in sMerit?

For example of one of my post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2850944.msg29247505#msg29247505 (I never mentioned that I will merit those who help me).
Like if someone can help me I will merit him. Is that allowed? Or is there a chance that someone who does that will be tagged a Negative Trust because of paying sMerit instead of Bitcoin/Altcoin?

sMerit should not be given as a form of payment. Merits are created to appreciate, or commend someone for posting a useful information. Yes you can still give sMerit to someone who have help you with your problem but that should not be in a form of payment for the help offered. It is best if you can offer payment in btc / atlcoins, and it is up to you to give out sMerit for the Job well done. After all sMerits where created to promote good quality post not for any payment source or scheme.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
djangocoin

Merit: 279

Brave New World

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:37:33 PM

Am pretty sure you can Merit someone for helping you with public information. You just can't say beforehand "will give out 50 merit if someone can help me" etc.

:]
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1815

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 05:46:07 PM

Am pretty sure you can Merit someone for helping you with public information. You just can't say beforehand "will give out 50 merit if someone can help me" etc.
^ this
Giving merit to someone helping you is not a problem, it's as the system was intended.
When you use a promise of merit to try making your topic more attractive, things start to become problematic, however.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Commie

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:45:58 PM

I'm glad the merit system is here, it was long overdue. Over last few months I was getting engaged in a countless number of conversations where people with Sr. member up to Hero member tags had absolutely no idea what on earth they were talking about - and none of these conversations were highly technical, usual discussions of card settings, profitable coin search, PoS stacking setup etc, all the usual. It kept me wondering how did these guys actually manage to obtain their ranks.
Fondago

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:50:28 PM

So your ranking has nothing to do with time anymore.

I guess this is a complete merit ranking system now. Can someone please help me out?

For such requests you can get a ban. Forum rules, buddy  Smiley
djangocoin

Merit: 279

Brave New World

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:24:08 PM

Im newbie for all my past life.

And current life Roll Eyes

:]
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2032

How much alt coin diversification is needed? 0%?

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:33:40 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 10:50:43 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

I guess this is a complete merit ranking system now. Can someone please help me out?

What are you asking for? merit? You registered less than two weeks ago, and you have two post.  The one above, and another post in which you comment in a bitcoin bubble thread.

Why don't you go out into the forum and involve yourself in various substantive Bitcoin (or crypto) topics that are interesting to you, and if you have meaningful contributions to any of the threads that you read, then you will likely earn merits in the coming months.  

If you are merely asking for merits, without any kind of substance to your post, and you think that is the way to go forward, you seem to have the wrong mindset.

Edit:      Three hours after my original post, I clicked on the above-linked post, and I see that GumboTrader deleted it.  I think that this is another sign of "issues" because I had already quoted the post (and another member did too).  Anyhow, when we are relatively new to the forum, we are going to make mistakes.  That is almost a given, and even I make mistakes (some BIGGER than others). 

Personally, I think that it is better NOT to compound mistakes such as deleting posts that have been already quoted because it is likely better to leave the mistakes or respond to the mistake or to edit the mistake rather than to delete the whole post.. but maybe that is just me?    We know that in this forum, members do have the power to delete their earlier posts, and they can exercise their deletion discretion as they wish.

Put BTC here: 35EVP8EePt8dyvKHaB7bXaRmKLm22YgRCA

How much alt coin diversification is necessary? if you are investing in Bitcoin, then perhaps 0%?
cryptocommoner

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:52:49 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

What are you asking for? merit? You registered less than two weeks ago, and you have two post.  The one above, and another post in which you comment in a bitcoin bubble thread.

Why don't you go out into the forum and involve yourself in various substantive Bitcoin (or crypto) topics that are interesting to you, and if you have meaningful contributions to any of the threads that you read, then you will likely earn merits in the coming months.  

If you are merely asking for merits, without any kind of substance to your post, and you think that is the way to go forward, you seem to have the wrong mindset.

I think he means that he still doesn't understand the system as he clearly doesn't understand that time is still a factor.  Activity level is determined by time/posts.  Merit is up to others to give you merit.

However, maybe he was just asking for merit  Tongue
Deena

Activity: 238
Merit: 48

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:58:09 PM

Im newbie for all my past life.

And current life Roll Eyes

And with the merit system future life as well...
Rinso

Activity: 244
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:06:51 PM
Merited by seven.71 (1)

merit system is very popular in this forum
everybody competes to make tread with good quality to get merit (not if it is a bad thing / good) especially rank jr.member, you can see in Sub Meta all discuss and make merit reviews

BITWINGS - Guaranteed worth $0.20
Minephone - First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/month (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2032

How much alt coin diversification is needed? 0%?

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:58:17 PM

What are you asking for? merit? You registered less than two weeks ago, and you have two post.  The one above, and another post in which you comment in a bitcoin bubble thread.

I think he means that he still doesn't understand the system as he clearly doesn't understand that time is still a factor.  Activity level is determined by time/posts.  Merit is up to others to give you merit.

However, maybe he was just asking for merit  Tongue

Your sentiment is correct that he may have had good intentions... hahahhahaha... but probably not.. I know you did not use the words "probably not", but anyhow, at least you seem to see that potential side of the situation.

Generally, I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt (whether it is in this forum or in real life or otherwise), especially when there is some ambiguity., but sometimes it can be quite difficult to give any benefit of the doubt when nearly brand new accounts in this forum are seeming to expect a reward for something and they have not done anything (maybe they are amazing persons in real life, but from their activity there might be no way for us to know that) or they post in such a way that doesn't appear to have made any efforts to either clarify their point(s) or to research a bit into the matter that they are presenting or to provide an adequate context in order that the reader (or responder) does not have to research the matter in order to understand.

Put BTC here: 35EVP8EePt8dyvKHaB7bXaRmKLm22YgRCA

How much alt coin diversification is necessary? if you are investing in Bitcoin, then perhaps 0%?
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 345

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:33:19 PM

I think this merit system given by our dear thymos is a kind word of change to make difference in making comments. More important to newbie and junior in this place of doing interaction to other members. I hope even thymos will be kind to us and be honest too in giving merit. Not just dear thymos but also those people around here that can able to give merit.

In my eyes  Wink, unless I've been drinking  Shocked, that's an excellent post  Roll Eyes, hence rewarding +1 sM.  Kiss

On a side note, albeit related to this thread, who was the wiseguy mod who deleted my post here depicting some random S&M dude?  Cry Cry Cry Obviously, whoever it was has no idea as to how much effort went into that though-provocative post.  Grin

PS: This post doesn't deserve any sM so don't even think about reward me one or several or any amount in between, but if you do outta spite, this -->  Kiss

"Seriously, there's more than one way to accomplish this feat?"

Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 305 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.