Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:37:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166613 times)
Olishka

Activity: 154
Merit: 26

DIW Security Decentralized

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:58:37 AM

It seems this merit subject is going to be one of the top subject in bitcointalk for 2018

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
seyola89

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:11:41 AM

This should be a good measure to decrease spam and increase posts quality but a possible disadvantage is that some deserving members with good posts may get stuck in ranking due to people not meriting their posts. Anyways a sacrifice always has to be made for something to work
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:12:16 AM

I see there are some hero accounts that get merit compensation because of close to next legend rank.

Not for being close. They had already attained enough activity to be eligible to be ranked up to Legendary. But because the system ranks them up randomly in a range of 775 - 1030 some were eligible but still waiting, they were the only ones to get Merit as if they had ranked up.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10154

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:45:34 AM

I see there are some hero accounts that get merit compensation because of close to next legend rank.

Not for being close. They had already attained enough activity to be eligible to be ranked up to Legendary. But because the system ranks them up randomly in a range of 775 - 1030 some were eligible but still waiting, they were the only ones to get Merit as if they had ranked up.

Is it really random in accordance with the system?  I recall that I had gotten mine around mid-900s, and I was watching other posters of similar activity levels get their legendaries around the same time as me, and so by looking it seemed a bit like it could have been random...

Is there some explanation that describes the algorithm for ranking up from Hero to Legendary as systematically random within that 775-1030 activity range?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:57:15 AM

Is it really random in accordance with the system?  I recall that I had gotten mine around mid-900s, and I was watching other posters of similar activity levels get their legendaries around the same time as me, and so by looking it seemed a bit like it could have been random...

Is there some explanation that describes the algorithm for ranking up from Hero to Legendary as systematically random within that 775-1030 activity range?

Top Secret I'm told. I've seen people speculate that it's random based on the user id numbers but nobody seems to know for sure. There's a thread for eligible Heros to whine about not ranking up every two weeks and some seem to be lucky to get it the first week and others like Lutpin are still waiting after 6 months.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1226681.0

gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:19:17 AM

Hey guys!

I think I found a bug in the Merit system: on the Merit page from my profile if I refresh the page, the system sends the same amount of sMerit points to the last person I have sent the points, see here:

I don't know if this is relevant but, I'm using Opera browser.

Cheers!
tlkchain

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:22:55 AM

I want know if the Smerit would be update per month or per week?
it's really hard to become the SR member,I need 140 merit,but it's hard if you don't send your smerit to others.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:28:38 AM

Is it really random in accordance with the system?  I recall that I had gotten mine around mid-900s, and I was watching other posters of similar activity levels get their legendaries around the same time as me, and so by looking it seemed a bit like it could have been random...

Top Secret I'm told. I've seen people speculate that it's random based on the user id numbers but nobody seems to know for sure. There's a thread for eligible Heros to whine about not ranking up every two weeks and some seem to be lucky to get it the first week and others like Lutpin are still waiting after 6 months.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1226681.0

Your further explanation seems to make sense (including the top secret part, too) and conforms with whatever I had seen previously in respect to the topic, but I did not see that "concerned affected folks" (euphemism) thread, previously.   

Even though I was in a signature campaign during my pending transition from hero to legendary and I would receive more .03BTC per month more based on such a higher rank, I did not obsess about such rank because it seemed to be something that I could not change anyhow, and even at the time, receiving an extra .03 BTC per month (when BTC was in the $700s-ish) did not seem to matter too much to me.. especially when I considered my proceeds from my signature campaign to have been a kind of icing on the cake.. anyhow. 

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:29:37 AM

it's really hard to become the SR member,I need 140 merit,but it's hard if you don't send your smerit to others.

AFAIK sMerits are not renewable, except for merit sources. Merit updates (when somebody sends you merit) are immediate.
B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:32:36 AM

Hey guys!

I think I found a bug in the Merit system: on the Merit page from my profile if I refresh the page, the system sends the same amount of sMerit points to the last person I have sent the points, see here:

Cheers!

This has already been mentioned for example here

Is it possible that I have found a bug? Or it's just my browser that tricks me... or this is the normal behaviour and I have to be cautious hitting refresh in the browser...

Have you also noticed if you see this page, after you have merited someone (Merit sent!)

and you hit the refresh button in the browser, the merit is sent again? (Without asking that I really want to send the data again like when I fill out a form on a normal webpage and hit send, after if I hit refresh, it asks me if I want to resend the same data)

(No, I don't want to trick you to send me a merit and after hit the refresh button to send a second one Smiley I'm just curious if it works for you too or it's just my browser....)

But I actually dont know if someone is going to work on a fix or if we simply need to make people aware of this to avaoid some overmeritted posts Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:32:53 AM

Hey guys!

Cheers!

I had attempted to provide an explanation (and a fix) for that issue in an earlier post of mine in this thread.

Here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg29198138#msg29198138

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:36:14 AM

According to OP, only merit sources have smerit that is updated to their accounts on a regular basis, and there are currently only 57 merit sources.  Everyone else has to rely upon receiving merits in order to therefore receive .5 smerits per every merit received.

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:43:40 AM
Merited by malibubaby (1)

So far the system seems to be working, the amount of posts by people who are moaning about it is increasing. Looking at the English used they don't deserve to level up. Also the posts from newbies - member that are receiving merits are decent posts, I think as new sources are added and the balances are refreshed a few times we will see merits going to more members+ and the system will be a success and it will be praised by more people as the good guys level up

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:50:35 AM

I see there are some hero accounts that get merit compensation because of close to next legend rank. And what about the rank below sr member to hero member, does that not apply?

Yes, everyone needs sMerits in order to rank up, whether they are Senior or hero member.

It's unlucky for me only need a few posts to get into hero rank.

I can understand mate but you don't have any other option than making quality post to earn sMerits.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:53:35 AM

So far the system seems to be working, the amount of posts by people who are moaning about it is increasing. Looking at the English used they don't deserve to level up. Also the posts from newbies - member that are receiving merits are decent posts, I think as new sources are added and the balances are refreshed a few times we will see merits going to more members+ and the system will be a success and it will be praised by more people as the good guys level up

I was thinking along similar lines. I wonder if the site statistics show fewer account signups, newbie spam deleted by moderators and other indicators. Or have the account farmers not worked it out yet?

gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:54:00 AM

Hey guys!

Cheers!

I had attempted to provide an explanation (and a fix) for that issue in an earlier post of mine in this thread.

Here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg29198138#msg29198138

Thanks for the heads up! Thought I'm the only one with this issue Smiley The search did returned a post for "refresh" but that was not related with this issue.
adotrulez

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:43:54 AM

I see theymoss didn't even give any chance for members who was waiting rank change today)) I think it's strange, all member are good for forum, not only hero. And if you implemented your new system so suddenly you should give at least another one rank change by old rules, I think would be fair. And It's not a secret that no-one likes this new system except members with highest rank, who don't care about it) And I don't care too. But it may be that very soon we will have "fork" of this forum with more fair rules and all people and startups will move there. Really don't understand you theymoss.
There is already a "fork" of this forum. Here is the link to it: forum.bitcoin.com

It is pretty much a Bitcoin forum like this one which has much less spam as it is relatively new and because it bans nearly all sig campaigns. As far as I know, they have only had 1 sig campaign so far.

Let me guess, the one and only sig campaign on your referral to bitcoin.com is for b-cash(trash?)?  hahahahaha

Yeah, right, go join that stupid-ass (and likely astroturf) forum for "more objective" information.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Think again and do research before commenting: forum.bitcoin.com may not have the reputation BCT has... YET! But for a forum way younger than this one the stats are very impressive. Plus if we're gauging the forum by pedigree and quality they're doing a pretty decent job. Here are some stats for you:

http://bitcointalk.org.hypestat.com/
bitcointalk.org receives about 555,000 unique visitors and 699,300 (1.26 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $3,505.10/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $2,151,147.85. According to Alexa Traffic Rank bitcointalk.org is ranked number 912 in the world and 0.111% of global Internet users visit it.

http://forum.bitcoin.com.hypestat.com/

forum.bitcoin.com receives about 293,000 unique visitors and 574,280 (1.96 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $3,120.05/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $1,650,943.85. According to Alexa Traffic Rank forum.bitcoin.com is ranked number 1,555 in the world and 0.0586% of global Internet users visit it.

You can open the links for a more detailed review...

P.S: This is an objective post from an unbiased forum lover.

Long Live BitCoinTalk!!!
vrap.pm

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:44:34 AM
Merited by OriginTrain (1)

This system was created to protect hero and legendary to get more stakes at bounties. Keep their cheese slice intact. If they wanna solve the new accounts problem that were other ways to solve it. At the start of the new accounts.
This merit thing will never result. Almost no one send smerit to others. Older members with triple accounts and more will send smerit ot each other and not to third party accounts.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:53:17 AM
Merited by nullius (1)

I see theymoss didn't even give any chance for members who was waiting rank change today)) I think it's strange, all member are good for forum, not only hero. And if you implemented your new system so suddenly you should give at least another one rank change by old rules, I think would be fair. And It's not a secret that no-one likes this new system except members with highest rank, who don't care about it) And I don't care too. But it may be that very soon we will have "fork" of this forum with more fair rules and all people and startups will move there. Really don't understand you theymoss.
There is already a "fork" of this forum. Here is the link to it: forum.bitcoin.com

It is pretty much a Bitcoin forum like this one which has much less spam as it is relatively new and because it bans nearly all sig campaigns. As far as I know, they have only had 1 sig campaign so far.

Let me guess, the one and only sig campaign on your referral to bitcoin.com is for b-cash(trash?)?  hahahahaha

Yeah, right, go join that stupid-ass (and likely astroturf) forum for "more objective" information.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Think again and do research before commenting: forum.bitcoin.com may not have the reputation BCT has... YET! But for a forum way younger than this one the stats are very impressive. Plus if we're gauging the forum by pedigree and quality they're doing a pretty decent job. Here are some stats for you:

http://bitcointalk.org.hypestat.com/
bitcointalk.org receives about 555,000 unique visitors and 699,300 (1.26 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $3,505.10/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $2,151,147.85. According to Alexa Traffic Rank bitcointalk.org is ranked number 912 in the world and 0.111% of global Internet users visit it.

http://forum.bitcoin.com.hypestat.com/

forum.bitcoin.com receives about 293,000 unique visitors and 574,280 (1.96 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $3,120.05/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $1,650,943.85. According to Alexa Traffic Rank forum.bitcoin.com is ranked number 1,555 in the world and 0.0586% of global Internet users visit it.

You can open the links for a more detailed review...

P.S: This is an objective post from an unbiased forum lover.

Long Live BitCoinTalk!!!

Your supposed "objective" post misses one of the problematic points about bitcoin.com and related sources of "bitcoin" information, and that is that it has been serving as an attack vector against bitcoin and part of a hostile fork through bcash and other efforts and various misleading attempts to cause regular folks to believe that they are the real bitcoin without disclosing that they are a minority hostile sabotage and attempt at a take over venture.  Take your allegedly objective propaganda bullshit somewhere else.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 09:38:00 AM

Your supposed "objective" post misses one of the problematic points about bitcoin.com and related sources of "bitcoin" information, and that is that it has been serving as an attack vector against bitcoin and part of a hostile fork through bcash and other efforts and various misleading attempts to cause regular folks to believe that they are the real bitcoin without disclosing that they are a minority hostile sabotage and attempt at a take over venture.  Take your allegedly objective propaganda bullshit somewhere else.

I just had a quick look at that dumb Bcash forum and the first thing I found is that for the recent Electrum vulnerability they just copied theymos' post from here.  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: