Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:04:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166628 times)
Mommynigabby

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:58:58 AM

Where is the button to give out Merit?
Do that disappear because my merit is 0? :thinking:

You need (s)Merit to give it out.  :/

Since you have zero merit, you also have zero sMerit to give out. 

The link will not appear until you have sMerit to send to others.   You will get one sMerit for every two Merit you receive.  Smiley

(This may not be allowed, but please send me all your current sMerits!  Please!)
Thank you. I've merited you.....in my mind  Cheesy

If you give out merit, will that be taken against your own merit? I was really wishing to be up-ranked to the next level. I thought I was near that... but then... i have only 10 merit at the moment...

The Merit button should be right next to the post number. upper right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 12:14:43 PM

If you give out merit, will that be taken against your own merit?
-snip-

No. Your merit points cannot decrease, it only increases by the number of recieved sMerit.
Now your sMerit is a defined number that you can send to others which decreases but can also increase by the half of recieved sMerit.
Example :
You have 10 Merit + 5 sMerit
Someone sent you 2 sMerit, you will have now 12 Merit + 6 sMerit.
You sent 4 sMerit to 4 members then you will left with 12 Merit + 2 sMerit.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
tawi_exxel

Activity: 34
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:17:29 PM
Merited by dark1234 (3)

The link will not appear until you have sMerit to send to others.   You will get one sMerit for every two Merit you receive.  Smiley

(This may not be allowed, but please send me all your current sMerits!  Please!)

If you give out merit, will that be taken against your own merit? I was really wishing to be up-ranked to the next level. I thought I was near that... but then... i have only 10 merit at the moment...

I am still a beginner and hope to get smerit from every post but unfortunately my English is a bit messy to make quality posts while in the local yard they ask for reciprocity from smerit they give. And i also want my rank become Jr member
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:22:13 PM

I am still a beginner and hope to get smerit from every post but unfortunately my English is a bit messy to make quality posts while in the local yard they ask for reciprocity from smerit they give. And i also want my rank become Jr member
Do not give up. If you try to make a quality post there will be someone who will give you smerit

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:32:14 PM

You are not the only one. I see around the forum how people complain about the same problem. Many users stayed at the edge between two ranks and if activity points easy to add with time, Merits are not so easy to be earned. But you need just 40 for the next rank. Imagine those people who need 250!
Mommynigabby

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:46:34 PM

You are not the only one. I see around the forum how people complain about the same problem. Many users stayed at the edge between two ranks and if activity points easy to add with time, Merits are not so easy to be earned. But you need just 40 for the next rank. Imagine those people who need 250!

I have 10 at the moment. It has always been 10 since the merit system. lol Smiley 90 more to go to the next level! Fighting! Smiley
Carrelmae10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:49:30 PM

..i already read this merit and new rank requirements..it is really hard now to rank up..i have read many complains on such post..the thing is..many users will stay on their current rank as if they will going to earn a lot of merit points in order to rank up..some sold their merits inorder to gain money..i hope that someone with a good heart would give us merit that we want..

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Nitroali
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

#41 Haga

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 01:03:43 PM

Do not give up. If you try to make a quality post there will be someone who will give you smerit
This is my hope but I view post useful without merit and spam with merit .... it is impossible have merit for all quality post because quality post it’s only personal opinion ...my job is related to quality management and rules are clear otherwise it’s not possible achieve quality result , no one activity is managed personally!
Ok it’s a way to reduce spam , but I think is the wrong way , Rank is mandatory to partecipate in bounty airdrop etc. and many new users needs minimum rank to partecipate , from now it is not possible .
Why a user with 3 months seniority  ( could be a duplicate user , spammer ....) could partecipate to this activities ( and could give merit ! ) and a normal user like me that it’s not particular able to convince users to give merit for his post no?
My request is to have possibility to partecipate , sure I will not became legendary , I’m not interested and I have no time to be ( skills I don’ know ).

😁
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:01:34 PM
Merited by ajmapalo22 (1)

..i already read this merit and new rank requirements..it is really hard now to rank up..i have read many complains on such post..the thing is..many users will stay on their current rank as if they will going to earn a lot of merit points in order to rank up..some sold their merits inorder to gain money..i hope that someone with a good heart would give us merit that we want..
If they didnt change their way of posting they will not rank up because merit will be given for those users who did a quality post which may help other people for their post.
Dont sell merit if you dont want to be tagged.
All of the people here have a good heart, merit is for free but you should need to create constructive post to catch the eyes of many users and will toss you a merit.
InvoKing
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 03:53:16 PM

Is this allowed?
1. +X amount of merits for the best answer?
2. review my posts and give me some merits if you interested?

There is already some members who are offering a free service for reviewing other members posts.
If you find your posts deserve to be merited then you can ask them. You will find those services in the service section.

mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:22:27 PM

Next activity period I'm getting a new rank, will be Full Member! So excited! Or wait...something not right  Grin

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
Nitroali
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

#41 Haga

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 05:55:07 PM

Next activity period I'm getting a new rank, will be Full Member! So excited! Or wait...something not right  Grin

Yes, you have only to gain 89 merit points  Grin
If you post 1 quality post every week do you need only 89 weeks , and I hope all your post could be noted by merit givers ! 
Good luck !  I give up .

😁
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:59:26 PM

This is a status quo scenario. Building up to the next rank a person who went from Sr. Member to Legendary would need 750 merits from the introduction of the merit system. It would mean exactly the same in term of rank progression as the current system, but it would separate the good legendaries and heroes from the no good.

So this would be a far more complicated system and it would make a blanket assumption (users who earned activity before the merit system are "no good"?) that isn't any better than the current implementation.

I think you guys fail to see why I propose a clean sheet where everybody starts from 0. It would be a little more complicated than the current system. But hey, being on a forum that strives toward revolutionizing the way we see economy, i don’t expect devs to necessarily take the easy way out. And your statement about me not recognizing the work people have put in to this before the implementation of merit is wrong. The main reason for progression in ranks are the ability to make more money advertising in signature campaigns etc. Activity and current rank would be exactly as it is now, completely unchanged, if you chose to go with my approach. The only, and I repeat myself, the only difference would be the transparancy in merits, knowing that the people who had actually earned merits, was worthy of it.
The people with grandfather authority could have their pennies, just not their merits.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 06:25:56 PM

I think you guys fail to see why I propose a clean sheet where everybody starts from 0. It would be a little more complicated than the current system. But hey, being on a forum that strives toward revolutionizing the way we see economy, i don’t expect devs to necessarily take the easy way out. And your statement about me not recognizing the work people have put in to this before the implementation of merit is wrong. The main reason for progression in ranks are the ability to make more money advertising in signature campaigns etc. Activity and current rank would be exactly as it is now, completely unchanged, if you chose to go with my approach. The only, and I repeat myself, the only difference would be the transparancy in merits, knowing that the people who had actually earned merits, was worthy of it.
The people with grandfather authority could have their pennies, just not their merits.

You can still figure that out if it's really that important to you (subtract 1000 from Legendary merit scores etc). I just don't see it as transparency if anyone who cares already knows what's behind that number. I don't think the additional complication of multiple rank-up thresholds would be worth it. Some users were confused even with the old activity ranking system, even more so now, imagine the confusion if we introduce your proposal.
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:09:22 PM

You can still figure that out if it's really that important to you (subtract 1000 from Legendary merit scores etc). I just don't see it as transparency if anyone who cares already knows what's behind that number. I don't think the additional complication of multiple rank-up thresholds would be worth it. Some users were confused even with the old activity ranking system, even more so now, imagine the confusion if we introduce your proposal.

Instead of this i propose the opposite and everyone whose Sr Member or above gets 1000 merit hehe Cheesy

:]
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:11:55 PM

This is Bitcoin forum. Not a bounty forum. The fact that most complainers seem to be focused on making money is a good indication that the merit system is a step in the right direction.

You re missing one point out there, which is, an account cant give merits all the time, they will run out of their merit points, unless they are a "merit sources". So there will be no much biases on this merit system i guess. The key here is obviously to give merit to the right person, and who is that right person?
1. Who posts a quality posts.
2. Has a great forum manner.
3. Can decide a good posts out of bias.
I guess they must fulfill this 3 category to a user before they give the merits. So the person who are given the merit can pass the merit to the right person too, and in the end the merits will be circulated in to right person and will diminish people who only join this forum to rank up and gain money. And for now, i guess the old high rank members/users are persons that have enough knowledge in crypto and have good forum manner so thats why some of them are sources, so just let them do their job and hope they will do it perfectly.
Dont get me wrong, i love getting money from this forum, but i am not like people who only focusing this forum to earn money, and when they can not get the money, they will whine about it in this forum because of merit. For all people who whine about it, you are a worker not a boss here, the boss can search other people who has more knowledge and experience and replace you, in fact, there are lot of people who can do that besides you, if you dont step up your game, no one will hire you in the end.

Your whole argument just don't have any value and collapsed on its own weight when you have inserted just one word above (in red). There is spamming because this forum can be used to make money. This merit system is introduced to control the spamming and shit-posting and it's only retarded the speed of users to be ranked up. It is just like to give opium to control a naughty kid.

I dont see "hope" word will devalued my argument. So if a new system is applied into your place (lets just say school, or college, or work, or town, or country) you can not put trust and hope to people who has the authority and power to do it perfectly? Instead you go around rampaging and tell the authority or whos in charge that the system is bad and not suitable for you?
My post is that i agree with merit, and i dont get what you said in this reply.
InvoKing
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 07:18:30 PM

Instead of this i propose the opposite and everyone whose Sr Member or above gets 1000 merit hehe Cheesy

It is all related to the time left for every user to get to the new rank.
In order to be a member, you have to wait more than 2 months which is relatively easy/medium to collect 10 sMerit.
Same goes for other ranks which you have + 6 months even to collect the required Merit.
Con: people who are too close to rank up and after everyone finishes his sMerit (apart sources), for sure it will get harder then theymos could make modifications.

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:27:24 PM

This is a status quo scenario. Building up to the next rank a person who went from Sr. Member to Legendary would need 750 merits from the introduction of the merit system. It would mean exactly the same in term of rank progression as the current system, but it would separate the good legendaries and heroes from the no good.

So this would be a far more complicated system and it would make a blanket assumption (users who earned activity before the merit system are "no good"?) that isn't any better than the current implementation.

1. There will be not enough merits for every member in the forum if we start from 0 and only depends on "sources". Even with this system now, there is not enough merit per day to give to each of member i guess, and you suggesting all people back to 0 merit, you did the calculation?
2. With your suggesting, you are also suggesting that sources will actively search for the posts, and i guess not all people have 24hrs/day to search for a good posts, that is why people also have sMerits, to give you a merit when sources dont see your posts. The sources job will be hard, time and energy consuming and in the end they will be lazy to do it, and the merit will decay.
3. I guess it is okay for the "old" high ranked members for having high merit, they have spend something that we dont spend as much as them, time. You and i are not even here when they joined the forum as a newbie and going through time when bitcoin is low, or when there is no campaign at all. They are already here despite some of them make a not so good post, but you can not deny the time they have spent here. Requesting such a thing is the same as you are asking a same monthly allowance as your older brother to your parents.

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 07:44:44 PM

You can still figure that out if it's really that important to you (subtract 1000 from Legendary merit scores etc). I just don't see it as transparency if anyone who cares already knows what's behind that number. ...

Yup, but X years from now, it would be hard to distinct actual merits earned and legacy merits, it would take a bit of investigation to compare 2 members by their score. Not every member would know when/how merit system was implemented.

IMO, in terms of transparency, the solution is pretty simple and I proposed it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2862794.msg29382779#msg29382779

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:09:30 PM

You need (s)Merit to give it out.  :/

The link will not appear until you have sMerit to send to others.   You will get one sMerit for every two Merit you receive.  Smiley

(This may not be allowed, but please send me all your current sMerits!  Please!)

Thank you. I've merited you.....in my mind  Cheesy

I almost was going merit you in the real world, based on your seemingly innovative "mind merit" concept; however, I looked at your 40 posts, and seems to me that none of those posts are in the ballpark of merit worthy (a lot of just seeking bounty).. so I will just wait until perhaps I see a few meritorious posts from you before jumping to prematurely merit beyond mere thoughts of it.

Send me a pm in the future (within the next two weeks - offer expires), and link to this post, and I will give you a merit if you can point out a few decent posts that I agree are worthy of merit.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: