Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166613 times)
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:30:22 AM

I don't see people giving merit to each other meanwhile the people who are supposed to be slowed(bounty "hunters") by Merit are simply merit brigading each other.

They may have a first flood advantage but it will run out soon enough..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Soke

Activity: 101
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:15:01 AM
Merited by Lesbian Cow (1)

Just face the facts.  Many of us will be stuck at our current rank for a long time, if not forever.  Stop complaining about the merit system because life isn't fair.  Otherwise, everyone would be rich. 
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:02:43 AM

Just face the facts.  Many of us will be stuck at our current rank for a long time, if not forever.  Stop complaining about the merit system because life isn't fair.  Otherwise, everyone would be rich.  

I would think that most members should be able to rank up to member status (which is currently 10 merits as we should recognize) as long as they can draft intelligible posts.  You have already received 4 merits, so you only have 6 merits to go in order to be able to rank up to member status.   However, it does seem that the higher ranks may be a bit more challenging to achieve, and I suppose that was part of the intention behind the change in the system (in other words a feature rather than a bug), and yep, to get merit, members are going to need to attempt to create interesting and interactive posts in order to receive merit points from other members.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:12:11 AM

I already saw merit selling on the internet...
Where? Feel free to report it. I do not think that merit sales or trades should be condoned. As I have stated in the past, it is equivalent to buying trust.

With something new to improve the forum.. new money making path opens.
Not supporting it but I doubt some people will think I support it unless I say it loud and clear! after the line, i made above  Roll Eyes
tatnM

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:54:07 AM

Merit is correct, because the forum will be cleaner, the percentage of productive and useful posts will increase, which will lead to better signature campaigns for the ICO. Such a system ("sympathy") on many forums is, and I always wondered why it is not on bitcointalk. Well, that's it! Freebies is over! Perhaps this is also due to the increase in the number of people on the forum. Now many people here cry that I can not get any more rank, I think that whoever came earlier in this topic should receive more. And if we want to achieve a new rank, we should be better in everything, like in sports!
Soke

Activity: 101
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:59:41 AM

Just face the facts.  Many of us will be stuck at our current rank for a long time, if not forever.  Stop complaining about the merit system because life isn't fair.  Otherwise, everyone would be rich.  

I would think that most members should be able to rank up to member status (which is currently 10 merits as we should recognize) as long as they can draft intelligible posts.  You have already received 4 merits, so you only have 6 merits to go in order to be able to rank up to member status.   However, it does seem that the higher ranks may be a bit more challenging to achieve, and I suppose that was part of the intention behind the change in the system (in other words a feature rather than a bug), and yep, to get merit, members are going to need to attempt to create interesting and interactive posts in order to receive merit points from other members.

From newbie to member shouldn't be too hard.  Member to Full member is also do-able but might take longer than people like.  Beyond that, will take some serious ass kissing.  Maybe even require to go on a date with Theymos. 
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:45:17 AM

I wish i could rank up to junior so that I could be able to join signature campaign or any related activities with bounty. As of now investing bitcoin is not my priority since I have to conduct a study with the system. And as I read some of the post and threads, I have learned that there are other ways in getting bitcoin and that is by participating campaign. Well that is not bad and if ever it will be successful then I guess trading like buying or selling would be the next part. That's the time I think O should start investing in bitcoin.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:38:09 AM

I don't see people giving merit to each other meanwhile the people who are supposed to be slowed(bounty "hunters") by Merit are simply merit brigading each other.

Theymos doesn't want to ban people, he is giving a fair opportunity to us to either earn our ranks or be a begging slave with 10 accounts trying to earn money that one account with a high rank could'v earned.

@theymos, is there a bot like the one used by Bitmixer to check for signatures of campaign participants? *I am going to merit any body with no signature for a week, do you think people would still post if they are not getting paid? contributing while you have no incentive is merit worthy. lets torture these beggars  by only giving them merits if they have no signature, they have tortured **us all this time.

*That is a lie, I am running out of sMerits.
**Can I be in "us" for a few days?

#usol.

🖤😏
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:46:58 AM

Theymos doesn't want to ban people, he is giving a fair opportunity to us to either earn our ranks or be a begging slave with 10 accounts trying to earn money that one account with a high rank could'v earned.

@theymos, is there a bot like the one used by Bitmixer to check for signatures of campaign participants? *I am going to merit any body with no signature for a week, do you think people would still post if they are not getting paid? contributing while you have no incentive is merit worthy. lets torture these beggars  by only giving them merits if they have no signature, they have tortured **us all this time.

*That is a lie, I am running out of sMerits.
**Can I be in "us" for a few days?

#usol.

Although I like the idea, as with most things, there will be a (small?) group of people that will be disadvantaged: those who have a signature unrelated to a campaign, and those, like myself, who "advertise" for a coin in their signature, but who don't receive any bounty for it (XSPEC does not give bounties. I am just using it out of conviction).

I will not have sleepless nights if you manage to implement the suggested approach, and I get missed out. Just wanted to raise it as a potential point some others might start worrying about.
Satosho Kakamolto

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:48:21 AM

I would think that most members should be able to rank up to member status (which is currently 10 merits as we should recognize) as long as they can draft intelligible posts.  You have already received 4 merits, so you only have 6 merits to go in order to be able to rank up to member status.   However, it does seem that the higher ranks may be a bit more challenging to achieve, and I suppose that was part of the intention behind the change in the system (in other words a feature rather than a bug), and yep, to get merit, members are going to need to attempt to create interesting and interactive posts in order to receive merit points from other members.

From newbie to member shouldn't be too hard.  Member to Full member is also do-able but might take longer than people like.  Beyond that, will take some serious ass kissing.  Maybe even require to go on a date with Theymos.  

If some Junior is not able to get 10 merits to get to the Member rank he surely doesn't deserve to rank up. I think we can carve this truth in stone. As for rising to higher ranks, either the supply and especially circulation of sMerits in the system will grow considerably, or effectively people might start considering your suggested Plan B and Plan C Smiley
CryptoLMC

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:58:56 AM

This post worth a bump at least for awareness.  Noobie here trying to grow my roots.  Some bounty and airdrop requirements seem daunting at first, given my time available to spend on crypto in general.  I'm sure it will come with time and once I have the knowledge for quality posts.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:08:13 AM

From newbie to member shouldn't be too hard.  Member to Full member is also do-able but might take longer than people like.  Beyond that, will take some serious ass kissing.  Maybe even require to go on a date with Theymos. 

I have no problem with frank talk; however, there is something else that is underlying your word choice that is likely interfering with your thinking about this matter.... you see you called it "ass kissing," and sure, I have as many problems as the next guy regarding hierarchy and even dislike for peeps who abuse their authority, rank or position... but you don't necessarily need to consider the whole matter as ass kissing in order to be able to think more positively about the matter, which is merely an attempt to be civil to other people and to back up what you are saying, and if you are challenging things, then have facts and logic that back up your points.  Sometimes, even if some members do not like your facts and logic, other members may like what you say and decide to merit your post for any subjective reason, including that you might have caused them to think about a subject differently or that you were willing to say something that others would not say, so in the end, there are ways to get merits in this system, and furthermore, Theymos is not the ONLY one who gives out merits.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:13:26 AM

I wish i could rank up to junior so that I could be able to join signature campaign or any related activities with bounty.
you just need 30 activity to be a Jr.Member, it takes only 1-1.5 months and you don't need merit for that

And as I read some of the post and threads, I have learned that there are other ways in getting bitcoin and that is by participating campaign.
bounties are not limited by rank, but required certain numbers followers or friends on your social media accounts
and you can do just the same way as you do to get paid in fiat, you most likely can ask to get paid in bitcoin
check out this one [General] How to earn Bitcoins - Part 1

neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:44:34 AM

I think the idea behind introducing the merit system is very, very sound.  There were so many ridiculous posts and some users were posting the same thing over and over in multiple threads just to pump up their post count. However, would you mind if I suggest one tweak to complement the system:

There are so many posts with good content that I appreciate, but since I was allocated just one merit at my rank, which I have already used, I am unable to give merit for those posts. Now, as I understand it, certain users are "merit sources" and can create merit. Given the volume of posts, it must be pretty time consuming for them to read all new posts and allocate merit to to the posts that deserve them. Perhaps in addition to merits, you could consider introducing something similar to the Facebook 'likes' system for all members to use,  to signal that post as a good one?

So say for example, there's a good post that deserves merit but I have no merit to give. I can at least leave a 'like' on that post instead. If a post accumulates 50 or 100  'likes'.. then maybe it could be flagged for a merit source, who can then read over the post and decide whether  or not to award it merit.
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:30:03 PM

This is the end of shit poster's, Lets adapt the new merit system, I know this is for our own good, Everybody in the forum are obligue to do it or else they will remain stagnant in their position, Actually i admit that i had a hard time to construct quality post but i realize if im not going to do it, How can i improve myself? This system is a great challenge for me and i am willing to do it to become a better participant in the forum.. best wishes and goodluck to everyone of us:)
Almody

Activity: 259
Merit: 34

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:09:20 PM

I think the idea behind introducing the merit system is very, very sound.  There were so many ridiculous posts and some users were posting the same thing over and over in multiple threads just to pump up their post count. However, would you mind if I suggest one tweak to complement the system:

There are so many posts with good content that I appreciate, but since I was allocated just one merit at my rank, which I have already used, I am unable to give merit for those posts. Now, as I understand it, certain users are "merit sources" and can create merit. Given the volume of posts, it must be pretty time consuming for them to read all new posts and allocate merit to to the posts that deserve them. Perhaps in addition to merits, you could consider introducing something similar to the Facebook 'likes' system for all members to use,  to signal that post as a good one?

So say for example, there's a good post that deserves merit but I have no merit to give. I can at least leave a 'like' on that post instead. If a post accumulates 50 or 100  'likes'.. then maybe it could be flagged for a merit source, who can then read over the post and decide whether  or not to award it merit.
Sounds good to me, i think that's a really good idea that "like" system can go along with merit system and i totally agree that sometimes i see some posts (like yours) that i wanna smerit but got no points at all cause i gave it to another person or i got none cause i've been posting trash but it should affects only me not people that gives us a good content!
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:21:19 PM

Sounds good to me, i think that's a really good idea that "like" system can go along with merit system and i totally agree that sometimes i see some posts (like yours) that i wanna smerit but got no points at all cause i gave it to another person or i got none cause i've been posting trash but it should affects only me not people that gives us a good content!

I dont really agree with "like" system. Dont you know that there are some "like" businesses going around for social media? And dont you know that people might make 100 account and just spam likes and then get free merits like your suggestion? It will bring chaos to this forum, merit is already a great thing to happen.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 01:28:12 PM

I dont really agree with "like" system. Dont you know that there are some "like" businesses going around for social media? And dont you know that people might make 100 account and just spam likes and then get free merits like your suggestion? It will bring chaos to this forum, merit is already a great thing to happen.

That's exactly why the system has been implemented the way it has. Any like system would be too easy for account farmers to abuse whereas the merit system only gives a supply of spendable merit to the sources who are all trusted.
Rather than put so much effort into trying to think up other systems maybe time would be better spent finding some good threads and getting involved in the conversations. That's the way to get Merit and then have sMerit to spend.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
lucario21

Activity: 146
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:33:53 PM
Merited by blizzard31 (2), pvk444 (1)

Is there a possibility to have a RECOMMENDATION MERIT THREAD?

I thought with help of that thread those high-quality post/topic will be recognized, by linking those meritable post here and give a brief explanation why should be given a merit on that post.

Some of us doesn't have an ability to give a merit right now but we can help our fellow member to commend a quality post. However, no one shall recommend his/her own post and that thread were specific for post recommendation only then let those kind hearted members to validate your suggestions.

And if possible to have within each local section.

(((   BIDIUM.io   )))    ICO ACTIVE
█████████  JOIN NOW!  █████████
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:36:56 PM

Is there a possibility to have a RECOMMENDATION MERIT THREAD?

I thought with help of that thread those high-quality post/topic will be recognized, by linking those meritable post here and give a brief explanation why should given a merit on that post.

Some of us doesn't have an ability to give a merit right now but we can help our fellow member to commend a quality post. However, no one shall recommend his/her own post and that thread were specific for post recommendation only then let those kind hearted members to validate your suggestions.

+1 for the idea
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: