Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:49:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166572 times)
snewvine

Activity: 201
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:36:22 PM

So as I am to understand the ranking. in order for me to become a full member I would need a total of 100 Merits?
I'm not even sure if I can fully understand How one gives me a merit and how I give a merit. I am really starting to become involved and write quite frequently on this forum so if I can be a better member to this community I really would like this opportunity.

I've been into the Crypto world for almost a year. My anniversary of my 1st Bitcoin purchase is March 27th 2017 and since that day I've drove head first into knowing as much as I can.

Thank you for reading and better direct me to becoming a more active member to Bitcoin Talk.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:32:51 PM

Can somebody here shed some light on some of the assumptions that went into the design of the merit \ rank combination?

In particular, looking at the activity / merit ratio per rank:

Member : 6:1 (ie, expectation is that for every 6 posts, a member is expected to "generate" 1 merit)
Full member : 1.2 : 1
Senior member / Hero member 1 : 1 (approx.)

Given this, and the fact that it seems almost impossible to get 1 merit for every 6 posts, let alone one merit on every post, what's the rational to keep an eye on both, activity and merit, as far as the ranking is concerned? Merits being the dominant factor by far, activity count seems superfluous (for the purpose of ranking at least). Removing activity requirements from ranking and using only merits might also prevent the numerous discussions about fairness ("i posted xyz amount of posts, but only received abc merits")
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 10:53:44 PM

Can somebody here shed some light on some of the assumptions that went into the design of the merit \ rank combination?

Member : 6:1 (ie, expectation is that for every 6 posts, a member is expected to "generate" 1 merit)

Given this, and the fact that it seems almost impossible to get 1 merit for every 6 posts, let alone one merit on every post, what's the rational to keep an eye on both, activity and merit, as far as the ranking is concerned? Merits being the dominant factor by far, activity count seems superfluous (for the purpose of ranking at least). Removing activity requirements from ranking and using only merits might also prevent the numerous discussions about fairness ("i posted xyz amount of posts, but only received abc merits")

Ergo, xyz > abc.

Q.E.D.

pvk444

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:56:07 PM

Ergo, xyz > abc.

Q.E.D.

This makes 0 sense, as a reply. it simply states the glaring obvious
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 11:00:04 PM

Ergo, xyz > abc.

Q.E.D.

Here's a sneak peek, Mr. Obvious, in what to expect on tomorrow's exam:

pvk444

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:05:08 PM
Merited by YuTü.Co.in (5)

Ergo, xyz > abc.

Q.E.D.

And what do you want to say, exactly, with posting 1st grader math?

I posted a fair question, and if you cannot or don't want to provide a reasonable answer, then go and bug somebody else.
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 11:09:25 PM

Ergo, xyz > abc.

Q.E.D.

I posted a fair question, and if you cannot or don't want to provide a reasonable answer, then go and bug somebody else.

Dude, here's +5 sM. Lighten up! BTW, when did they start including first grade math on the SAT? Furthermore, how is it that the problem posed above is supposedly easy in your mind, yet remain perplex on the Merit thingy?

pvk444

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:28:53 PM

Ergo, xyz > abc.

Q.E.D.

Dude, here's +5 sM. Lighten up! BTW, when did they start including first grade math on the SAT? Furthermore, how is it that the problem posed above is supposedly easy in your mind, yet remain perplex on the Merit thingy?

Math is way too simple a question. Did not think it would be on SAT (obviously answer is D).

I suggest you re-read the question. Or maybe I try again:

if you need x merits and y activities to reach a rank, but for each merit it takes z >> y / x activities, which will you always reach last, x merits or y activities?

Once you have the answer, please explain to me what relevance the activities have for ranking.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 12:29:21 AM

what relevance the activities have for ranking.

Activity is not just the number of posts. You also need to post at least once in each 2-week activity period.
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 01:36:29 AM

Activity is not just the number of posts. You also need to post at least once in each 2-week activity period.

So theoretically, a Newbie will remain Newbie status even though they may have penned 10K post, earned 1000 Activity, but remained at O Merits, correct?

inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:42:13 AM
Merited by Thirio (1)

So theoretically, a Newbie will remain Newbie status even though they may have penned 10K post, earned 1000 Activity, but remained at O Merits, correct?
Incorrect, it will not remain as newbie throughout his bitcointalk life because the requirement for a jr. Member is basically 0 merit only and by that he or she may and can rank up to jr member from newbie.
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:45:31 AM

Actually without Merit points you can jump to Jr.Member, but @suchmoon wrote about that to collect activity points you need not only number of posts - you need also time. In 14 days periods you need post at least 1 time, to "earn" activity points from this period of time and it can be max 14 activity points - but to earn that points you need also enough posts. More less .. Smiley So if you change in your comment "Newbie" to "Jr.Member", this what you wrote theoretically will be possible.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Thirio

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:50:31 AM

Incorrect, it will not remain as newbie throughout his bitcointalk life because the requirement for a jr. Member is basically 0 merit only and by that he or she may and can rank up to jr member from newbie.
^ this and for those shitposting newbies long as they aren't changing their ways, don't ever ask for merits.
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:57:57 AM

Nope, newbie can rank up to junior by having 30 activities and 0 Merit, try to read the topic again before posting.

I really dont know why this thread is still runnin'. The question and other talks are being redundant. Know how to back read guys! And as for the newbies, there are many infographic explanation about the merit system which are all well explained try to read always, dont settle for being spoon fed.
utlptc

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

DeepOnion, a new dream.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:31:05 AM

Hi people!
I have enough activity to change my rank.
But now we need to have 500 Merit.

I have no idea where to get it. Where I write the answers in the topics, there are many beginners.
Now and for 10 years you can not get this amount.
Very disappointing.

Same here...I was disappointed as I joined here earlier and didn't get enough time to be ranked. Anyway, after getting +1 merit, it seems more easier to me what I thought impossible before. It's true that 10 merit is easy to get while 250 is far away. But don't be disappointed. At the end of the day, the system was badly needed to prevent spamming.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 04:03:47 AM

Nope, newbie can rank up to junior by having 30 activities and 0 Merit, try to read the topic again before posting.

I really dont know why this thread is still runnin'. The question and other talks are being redundant. Know how to back read guys! And as for the newbies, there are many infographic explanation about the merit system which are all well explained try to read always, dont settle for being spoon fed.

Thanks, bud, for setting me straight. Here's +10 sM for your time.

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:18:03 AM
Merited by pvk444 (1)

You re getting a lot of merits yet still want to change the system, i dont know why you do that.

Of course it needs to be together, for merit and activity to decide ranks. If you suggest that only merit used to decide rank just for fairness issue, it will brings a lot of unfairness if we only use merit as indicator to rank up. Imagine if someone get 1000 merit instantly in a month, he will be a legendary rank by a month, and later all users will  be shouting how unfair it is. You need to see merit as the decider of the rank, and activity as the controller of the rank.
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:36:31 AM

Can i repost something that posted by others to help other newbies like me and to gain merit points?
pvk444

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:49:34 AM

That's not the question, and yes, activities are not only posts. It still remains the case, that for ranking activities are irrelevant practically. So there is actually no need to continue to use activities at all as part of the ranking for anything above Jr. Member, and might actually contribute to the confusion.
asapjoshyy

Merit: 115

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:54:07 AM

at first , i hated the merit system i wont lie... i was 10 activity away from senior member... but after looking at it after a few weeks and making mistakes hating on the system , ive realized that this system is really for the best of the forum, there is so many people with multiple accounts, spamming messages and just ranking up doing nothing... the system does need some tinkering i agree , but all in all the system will really benefit the forum in the long term to give REAL members benefits and BAD members wont reap the rewards of this amazing forum
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: