Bitcoin Forum
September 13, 2024, 09:33:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 167433 times)
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:47:49 AM

Is this a bug ? This user has more than enough merits and activity to be a legendary member but his current rank is still hero member.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=558519

That user I linked above was just one of them I think there's more of them who have 1000 merits and 770+ activity who aren't legendary.
Required activity:

Legendary: random in the range 775-1030

This user has only 868 activity. He can become a Legendary in the next period or maybe only at the 1022 activity mark. He got 1000 merits by default because theymos thought it was not fair to only give 500 merits to Hero Members who were in the 775-1030 range and could become Legendary at any time.
It seems interesting Smiley Was it a one time action, (to give the 500 additional merits to those who has reached the 775 activity these days), or it will continue? If it was a one time thing, I would really miss that 1 activity period that made me miss this chance... But that's life Smiley
MKH
Copper Member

Activity: 231
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:49:44 AM

I've made over 20 posts since the merit update and have received exactly 0 merit from anyone. Go through my posts if you want, they are better than most peoples. Obviously here and there are some that didn't have much thought put into them. But most of them are HQ.
From your last 20 posts:

2 in this thread.
1 complaining about the merit system.
3 in the "Off-topic" board.
9 in your "Selling Lifetime Netflix" thread. (lifetime... rly?)
2 selling LOL rp cards.
1 trying to join a signature campaign.

And 2 in a "Bitcoin Discussion" mega-spam thread.

Do you really think those posts deserve any merit?

Can you clear to me that which sector or thread is suitable to discuss for counting as good post.
If I don't know about Bitcoin mining how can I say anyhing about this. I will participate in those discuss that I know somthing. You guys are senior in this forum, you know much about this forum but what about a new comer. How can he/she get it.?
And please I'm not asking for merit, I just want a suggestion from you.
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:09:22 AM

Is this a bug ? This user has more than enough merits and activity to be a legendary member but his current rank is still hero member.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=558519

That user I linked above was just one of them I think there's more of them who have 1000 merits and 770+ activity who aren't legendary.
Required activity:

Legendary: random in the range 775-1030

This user has only 868 activity. He can become a Legendary in the next period or maybe only at the 1022 activity mark. He got 1000 merits by default because theymos thought it was not fair to only give 500 merits to Hero Members who were in the 775-1030 range and could become Legendary at any time.
It seems interesting Smiley Was it a one time action, (to give the 500 additional merits to those who has reached the 775 activity these days), or it will continue? If it was a one time thing, I would really miss that 1 activity period that made me miss this chance... But that's life Smiley

It was a one time thing to accommodate those who had already reached enough activity points to become legendary at the implementation time of the merit system. You were a couple of activity periods away from the 775 activity limit at the time.
fedorover

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

❐ Zeex ❐ NO FIAT, NO FEES.

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:10:25 AM

Can you clear to me that which sector or thread is suitable to discuss for counting as good post.
If I don't know about Bitcoin mining how can I say anyhing about this. I will participate in those discuss that I know somthing. You guys are senior in this forum, you know much about this forum but what about a new comer. How can he/she get it.?

Check this page to know which posts and sections are getting good merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats. You are yourself admitting that you have less knowledge. Solution is to read as much as you can and then start writing here.

❐ Zeex  ❐
████ Crypto to product ████
█▄▄   No fiat , No fees  ▄▄█
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:17:13 AM

For all of the people who whines here about merit system, please take a loot at my statistic thread that i have made about QuestionAuthority's merit activity since he is a top 1 merit giver now. You can find it at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2947171.msg30272338#msg30272338
You can read it  and hope you guys can be more positive about this merit after that.
bobylevamo

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:25:59 AM

For all of the people who whines here about merit system, please take a loot at my statistic thread that i have made about QuestionAuthority's merit activity since he is a top 1 merit giver now. You can find it at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2947171.msg30272338#msg30272338
You can read it  and hope you guys can be more positive about this merit after that.

I appreciate the effort you made there. I think there is no point in arguing with the complainers, they will ultimately get the point. I will not be surprised if most of them leave.
anakrea

Activity: 116
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:40:19 AM

Check this page to know which posts and sections are getting good merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats. You are yourself admitting that you have less knowledge. Solution is to read as much as you can and then start writing here.
If you are looking for a real quality post, just don't look at "Top-merited replies, all-time" as most of these are not really quality posts... (or at least not what I see as quality posts)

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings
zigfridkr

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:10:30 AM

If you are looking for a real quality post, just don't look at "Top-merited replies, all-time" as most of these are not really quality posts... (or at least not what I see as quality posts)

Of course, one has to overlook some of the posts there which got 50 merits or so. It was obviously an alt account or  a friend doing so.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:50:44 AM

Of course, one has to overlook some of the posts there which got 50 merits or so. It was obviously an alt account or  a friend doing so.
Obviously, Merit System can be abused, well that is happening now. Abusers of the Merit System should be banned or at least get a negative trust from the DT Members. The Merit System is a good additional requirement for ranking up members on the forum , It can easily filter out spammers and can also be used on different bounty/campaigns as a reference for the post quality of that users. In Addition to advantages of the Merit System, it can also detect alts of one another ,specially on abusing the Merit System, It will be a great help on bitcointalk forum.
Anyway, If you are looking for the list of abusers, you can check this thread, you can also report some Merit System abusers you know that didn't get any negative trust Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2823221.0.
Jonashe

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:30:21 AM

What are your though about few weeks now ? Can't earn merit, very restrictive system Sad

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:40:06 AM

Of course, one has to overlook some of the posts there which got 50 merits or so. It was obviously an alt account or  a friend doing so.
Obviously, Merit System can be abused, well that is happening now. Abusers of the Merit System should be banned or at least get a negative trust from the DT Members. The Merit System is a good additional requirement for ranking up members on the forum , It can easily filter out spammers and can also be used on different bounty/campaigns as a reference for the post quality of that users. In Addition to advantages of the Merit System, it can also detect alts of one another ,specially on abusing the Merit System, It will be a great help on bitcointalk forum.
Anyway, If you are looking for the list of abusers, you can check this thread, you can also report some Merit System abusers you know that didn't get any negative trust Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2823221.0.

Sir You are having so much merits because you entered the platform in May 2017 and got sufficient time for auto uplift of rank, others are not so lucky as you are. 
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 7379

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:42:48 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 08:53:58 AM by TryNinja

It was a one time.

You can start reading and maybe discussing (about Bitcoin, altcoins, etc). Just use the forum as a normal people who is not here for money would do. Understand that this place wasn't made for people to make money. This is just a bonus.

You shouldn't be here for a "job". Just don't do like the average spammer like my buddy Decimation and start spamming in the "Off-topic" section. I could go there and start posting "Yes, I love masturbating" in this kind of post: Do you masturbate?

But don't expect to receive merit for this kind of "quality post".

-snip-
Are you really quoting a post I made in 2015? 3 fuc*king years ago? Can't find a better example? Roll Eyes

And do you really believe I was in a signature campaign back in 2015? Smh.

Meanwhile you keep shitposting.

StelioKontos

Activity: 840
Merit: 267

Chad Hodler since 2013

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:25:04 AM

Do you want a free advice? Don't even bother. You'll never catch up, you'll end up loosing time for nothing or become a boot licker in exchange for some points from higher ranks and merit sources accounts. Don't trust high ranks who are saying it will work and it will be fine in the long run, they are just consolidating their positions by supporting this system that has frozen the ranks and cut out many new users from occupying the slots in the pool of elite ranks.

freebitcoin
BTC faucet & more
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:29:02 AM

What are your though about few weeks now ? Can't earn merit, very restrictive system Sad

I just went through your post history to find a post or two I could merit. Having done that, I think that you receiving no merit proves the upsides of the system. I found no post worthy of receiving merits, as your posts are short and often without substance.
imshon

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:57:30 AM

I would like to share the adverse effects of the benefits to the administrator.
As it is, new people do not increase.
I would like to propose to provide sufficient merit or disadvantage.
It is a big problem in Japanese language.
xBoxLive

Activity: 266
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:29:59 PM
Merited by YuTü.Co.in (1)

Fuck merit. Make mine -100. This is about the dumbest shit in order to rank up as paying to do so. Just a opinion. Like ASSHOLES, everyone has 1.
imjustagirl

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:57:49 PM

I'm not getting it about the merit system. Please someone elaborate? If I write a good quality post, help someone by answering, etc., then someone can chose to give me merit right? If nobody wants to give merit, even if my posts are quality posts, then I just don't get any...never? If my account has 0 merit, I can't give anyone merit as well, right? This is a bit confusing  Huh I understand that this system was invented to eliminate bots. However, if all members who give merit only chose to do so if they get paid, then the system is just not working? OMG, it means I will be a junior member forever? *cry*

1JPnqMd1Q43L3KbZ7SoTSdRCD2aLj2sikF Tip Me!
anakrea

Activity: 116
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:04:28 PM

I'm not getting it about the merit system. Please someone elaborate? If I write a good quality post, help someone by answering, etc., then someone can chose to give me merit right?
Correct

If nobody wants to give merit, even if my posts are quality posts, then I just don't get any...never?
Correct, but there are some Threads, where you can link your quality posts to get some attention....

If my account has 0 merit, I can't give anyone merit as well, right?
Correct

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings
imjustagirl

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:08:00 PM

Oh, thank you. So which threads should I visit to get merit?
Is there a merit-begging thread?  Grin
I will write your nickname down and come back to give you merit when I have some  Smiley

1JPnqMd1Q43L3KbZ7SoTSdRCD2aLj2sikF Tip Me!
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:09:57 PM

Oh, thank you. So which threads should I visit to get merit?
Is there a merit-begging thread?  Grin

some advice for you as I am feeling kind.. read 10x more than you post, start by reading this thread and every other one in meta about merit. Then go through the most merited posts and posters.

oh and dont beg for merit, you will either get it or you don't deserve it, if you don't deserve it you don't get to level up...

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: