Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:46:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166612 times)
RrelXRrel

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:11:31 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 04:10:47 PM by RrelXRrel

HI GUYS. HOW TO MERIT SOMEONE? I CANT FIND THE MERIT BUTTON.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:17:12 PM

HI GUYS. HOW TO MERIT SOMEONE? I CANT FIND THE MERTI BUTTON.

It must be related to using unnecessary large coloured fonts. This guy has the same problem 2 pages back. try reading the answers they were given. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg31472924#msg31472924

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:50:55 PM

I strongly believe Merit system should only start once you become Sr. Member -> Hero -> Legendary
Let the system decide who reaches Sr. Member Activity + Post are fair enough criteria already.

Now its purely in hands of other people if they let you progress or stay as Jr. Member forever.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:39:33 PM
Merited by CodyAlfaridzi (1)

There is a lot of space for improvement in the merit system, but the first goal - to reduce shitpost - was achieved, at least in part.
And - if you give a fast look - there is a general improvement of the post quality: I see less and less one line post.

Then, there are a lot of opinions about how to improve the system.
For my part, I received 16 real merits starting from zero, so - even slowly - it's possible to grow. But I received them in the italian section, where there are only few people and zero spam, so it's very simple to be read and - if it's the case - appreciated.

In the international zone, the real problem is to catch attention: even if you make a very good post, you need to hope that someone will read it, and - if he likes it - he has merit to give.

Actually, this is the biggest problem that I see, a too limited number of merit in circulation, that make the situation too static.

But I'm very positive that we'll find a solution.

I strongly believe Merit system should only start once you become Sr. Member -> Hero -> Legendary
Let the system decide who reaches Sr. Member Activity + Post are fair enough criteria already.

Now its purely in hands of other people if they let you progress or stay as Jr. Member forever.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:06:23 PM

In the international zone, the real problem is to catch attention: even if you make a very good post, you need to hope that someone will read it, and - if he likes it - he has merit to give.

Actually, this is the biggest problem that I see, a too limited number of merit in circulation, that make the situation too static.

I agree. The international sections are just too crowded. Even in a small section like this (Meta) good posts are often left unnoticed, let alone on a huge section like Bitcoin and Altcoin Discussion. Moreover, those big sections are still flooded with low-quality posts now, a month after the merit system introduced. I'm not sure those sections quality could be improved solely by this system. I'm also not sure whether adding the number of merit sources, thus increasing the number of new merit in circulation, could solve the issue.

I would love to hear theymos' opinion about this.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 02:44:54 PM

I agree. The international sections are just too crowded. Even in a small section like this (Meta) good posts are often left unnoticed, let alone on a huge section like Bitcoin and Altcoin Discussion. Moreover, those big sections are still flooded with low-quality posts now, a month after the merit system introduced. I'm not sure those sections quality could be improved solely by this system. I'm also not sure whether adding the number of merit sources, thus increasing the number of new merit in circulation, could solve the issue.

I would love to hear theymos' opinion about this.

The only effective solution imo is to regulate signature campaign, for examples :
Prohibit low ranks from joining it, allowing only members+ or even full members+ (having +5-10 merit or not is useless) to join.
A list of signature managers and impose a moderator for every 3-5 of them, every campaign manager seems to not care about spam and shit-posting should be removed as a manger for 3 months at least.
Impose a moderate amount of posts per period, for example asking for more than 35 posts per week and especially +20 of them in a specific section is simply asking the crowd to spam this section..

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:58:21 PM

I think that while the merit system is good, the limits for rank upgrades are too high. I got 10 merits so I was able to upgrade to a Member, but upgrading to a Full member is an impossible task - I can't imagine how many excellent posts should I write to get another 90 merits. Has anyone succeeded to get so many merits yet?

Its not that high, have patience and dedication mate. Have confidence, I'm sure if you do a great job making quality posts (that is by helping other folks with useful information) you're going to rank up soon.

Indeed there was, and he's just one them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=976210

You don't need excellent posts. The only thing which can bring you up the ladder now is powerful friends.

If you don't need excellent/quality posts to improve and rank up, how then? Oh right, powerful friends. Something's smells fishy here, well if you say so, I'm not gonna be surprised on how you get the other 29 Merits you have right now.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
SevenSign

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:02:28 PM

Do we have to find a source and report our posts to get sime merits??

Yah. Its there any chance for us to have merited? I dont want to be stuck up in just only Jr. Member. I want to become a member! Why is so hard to get merit?
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:03:45 PM

Rules should be applied to all people, whatever the rank. So every member should gain merit to rank up, else he will stay in his current rank forever. I respect your suggestion, but I don't think that is fair for high rank members, (Sr member to legendary)

If you post high quality posts and you deserve merit points, you will reach the next rank as soon as possible if you have enough activities.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 03:09:44 PM

Yah. Its there any chance for us to have merited? I dont want to be stuck up in just only Jr. Member. I want to become a member! Why is so hard to get merit?

A suggestion for you. Have a look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=recent from time to time and then read the posts that received merit and the threads they are in. Then compare that to your own posting history. You'll work it out.

tientrong94

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:16:02 PM

I think that while the merit system is good, the limits for rank upgrades are too high. I got 10 merits so I was able to upgrade to a Member, but upgrading to a Full member is an impossible task - I can't imagine how many excellent posts should I write to get another 90 merits. Has anyone succeeded to get so many merits yet?

Its not that high, have patience and dedication mate. Have confidence, I'm sure if you do a great job making quality posts (that is by helping other folks with useful information) you're going to rank up soon.

Indeed there was, and he's just one them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=976210

You don't need excellent posts. The only thing which can bring you up the ladder now is powerful friends.

If you don't need excellent/quality posts to improve and rank up, how then? Oh right, powerful friends. Something's smells fishy here, well if you say so, I'm not gonna be surprised on how you get the other 29 Merits you have right now.
I just wonder that, if I creat a good topic but only Jr.member or lower join how can they give me Merit? (they don't have it).
And if I Merit someone, the merit of me is descrease?
tientrong94

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:17:16 PM

I agree with you, the rank now is too hard to reach higher if we only newbie (low rank and few knowleadge)
fokinlipat

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:23:07 PM

Yah. Its there any chance for us to have merited?
You have as much chances as any other member on this forum. Some people are complaining that only high ranked members are getting merits, I think it is the opposite. The new members are getting more encouragement by the merit sources. Personally, I have got only one merit so far but still I am content with it.

I dont want to be stuck up in just only Jr. Member. I want to become a member! Why is so hard to get merit?

No other Jr Member would like to get stuck at this level as well and that results in competition here. It is not yet very hard to get merits here. You just need to be smart and little active here.

shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:24:30 PM

Wait a sec... so you can get a merit on your replies too? Wow... i really thought merit is given only to the "Posts" which you create... I mean new post or topics which are created by me.

That's new for me and it makes it even harder. Let say if I posted something in a thread at Page 3 and after some replies thread reached to 10 pages. So who's gonna read my "valuable" comment on page 3 ever? Except for those maximum 19 users who posted immediately after me and then new page started.

So only chance for getting a merit is if your comment is on the First Page or Last Page? Or creator of the Post who's actually following the post mostly he is newbie or Jr. Member have nothing to give and nothing to get in the end.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tientrong94

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:31:07 PM

Wait a sec... so you can get a merit on your replies too? Wow... i really thought merit is given only to the "Posts" which you create... I mean new post or topics which are created by me.

That's new for me and it makes it even harder. Let say if I posted something in a thread at Page 3 and after some replies thread reached to 10 pages. So who's gonna read my "valuable" comment on page 3 ever? Except for those maximum 19 users who posted immediately after me and then new page started.

So only chance for getting a merit is if your comment is on the First Page or Last Page? Or creator of the Post who's actually following the post mostly he is newbie or Jr. Member have nothing to give and nothing to get in the end.

Yes, I think like you too. Newbie and Jr.member most don't have merit to send.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 03:31:25 PM

You might just be on the verge of an important discovery in your journey. Have you ever stopped to think what the point of a post that nobody will ever read is?

SevenSign

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:33:46 PM

A suggestion for you. Have a look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=recent from time to time and then read the posts that received merit and the threads they are in. Then compare that to your own posting history. You'll work it out.

Thanks. Hope meta will notice that like us really trying hard to get merit. Sometimes, im so strong, that i believing someday it will happens, but most of the time, im so subburn, thinking im not lucky then meta dont recognize us.

Yah. Its there any chance for us to have merited?
You have as much chances as any other member on this forum. Some people are complaining that only high ranked members are getting merits, I think it is the opposite. The new members are getting more encouragement by the merit sources. Personally, I have got only one merit so far but still I am content with it.

Quote from: SevenSign on Today at 03:02:28 PM
I dont want to be stuck up in just only Jr. Member. I want to become a member! Why is so hard to get merit?

No other Jr Member would like to get stuck at this level as well and that results in competition here. It is not yet very hard to get merits here. You just need to be smart and little active here.

Hope, i can make it what your trying to point in. And hope so, in my next post, meta will recognize it.
Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:07:24 PM

And my question how will you force people to give merit, and why people with 80 + post got automatically merit? Someone with -10 trust but with 500+ activity have also many merits. Does it prove that he writes quality posts>??
RrelXRrel

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:11:49 PM

HI GUYS. HOW TO MERIT SOMEONE? I CANT FIND THE MERTI BUTTON.

It must be related to using unnecessary large coloured fonts. This guy has the same problem 2 pages back. try reading the answers they were given. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg31472924#msg31472924

Im sorry. Thanks BTW Smiley
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 04:13:35 PM

And my question how will you force people to give merit, and why people with 80 + post got automatically merit? Someone with -10 trust but with 500+ activity have also many merits. Does it prove that he writes quality posts>??

The only automatic merit was based on rank at the time the system was introduced as detailed in the OP of this thread (hint leaning to read the OP of a thread before posting is the 1st step to getting merit). That was done as a process of transition from one system to another.

The merit earned since then only proves that someone with sMerit to spend thought a post worthy of merit, it is not a gauge of quality. Someone who is untrustworthy might well be able to write worthwhile posts, that has nothing to do with whether you would want to trade with them.

Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: