Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:11:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628602 times)
LouisVuitton
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Louis Vuitton

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 03:07:26 AM

Kraken has been doing a great job lately. The stability has greatly improved in the past few months.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DaddyH

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:22:30 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2016, 09:36:29 AM by DaddyH

I made a deposit a week ago which never arrived into my Kraken account. i then received an email from Support saying my "Withdrawal" (remember i actually made a deposit) was being scrutinized by Paycash. I was then asked if I could think of some documentation to provide as proof of income.

This is utterly crazy. After some vague requests - I've now had to submit two bank statement and two payslips- and still no word. It IS easier to get a mortgage. For the record my deposit was < £10k and I'm Tier 3 verified.

I missed my trading window, and BTC price has pumped and I'm in danger of Paycash simply returning my funds (which i paid my bank £20 to transfer via SWIFT).
This service is impractical, unprofessional, and totally unreliable. Kraken is literally costing me money and this isn't the first time my small deposits have been held up.
Can someome please help ASAP?

Yes, funding through PayCash can be problematic because they often request extra documentation. There's not much we can do though except work with their requirements as best we can. If you PM me your ticket number I'll be happy to take a look though and see if there's anything we can do to speed things up.  

please help. I'm now buying asked to provide another 7 months worth of payslips. This is beyond a joke.

◇◆  STRATIS  ◇  BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTIONS  ◆◇
◇◇◆ BLOCKCHAIN AS A SERVICE [BAAS] PRIVATE CHAINS ◆◇◇
| FULL NODE GITHUB | STRATIS WEBSITE | FORUM THREAD |
sHeRiLyN1618

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 12:00:58 AM

I get error message when try to create a new account in Kraken.
"404
Page Not Found

We apologize for not finding the page you requested that may not exist or was recently moved. To find what you are looking for we recommend looking at the FAQ, Trading Guide, Support Center, API or Fees."

Anyone get same problem with me?
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:04:26 AM

I get error message when try to create a new account in Kraken.
"404
Page Not Found

We apologize for not finding the page you requested that may not exist or was recently moved. To find what you are looking for we recommend looking at the FAQ, Trading Guide, Support Center, API or Fees."

Anyone get same problem with me?

Try the sign up button in the upper right - I think it's the "create and account" box on the left that's giving you the 404.

DaddyH

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 09:02:24 AM

I made a deposit a week ago which never arrived into my Kraken account. i then received an email from Support saying my "Withdrawal" (remember i actually made a deposit) was being scrutinized by Paycash. I was then asked if I could think of some documentation to provide as proof of income.

This is utterly crazy. After some vague requests - I've now had to submit two bank statement and two payslips- and still no word. It IS easier to get a mortgage. For the record my deposit was < £10k and I'm Tier 3 verified.

I missed my trading window, and BTC price has pumped and I'm in danger of Paycash simply returning my funds (which i paid my bank £20 to transfer via SWIFT).
This service is impractical, unprofessional, and totally unreliable. Kraken is literally costing me money and this isn't the first time my small deposits have been held up.

Yes, funding through PayCash can be problematic because they often request extra documentation. There's not much we can do though except work with their requirements as best we can. If you PM me your ticket number I'll be happy to take a look though and see if there's anything we can do to speed things up. 

So another 2 weeks later and your company is still unable to resolve this.

Let me explain what I've provided:

27 Current Account statements going back to 2014.
2 Savings account statements.
A dictation on each statement explaining all the major payments.
Now I'm being asked for more statements OR they will return my funds with fees deducted. Deducted for what I ask?

I'm trying to deposit £9K and have supplied proof of earnings for way over £25k.
I made this deposit back in September when BTC was < £500 in an attempt to get in early. I've missed that boat.
I've paid my own bank £20 to process this SWIFT payment which is non refundable.
I've lost money in this fiasco.
This is surely a scam.
Nobody will speak to me to resolve.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 09:45:23 AM

Now I'm being asked for more statements OR they will return my funds with fees deducted. Deducted for what I ask?

I'm trying to deposit £9K and have supplied proof of earnings for way over £25k.
I made this deposit back in September when BTC was < £500 in an attempt to get in early. I've missed that boat.
I've paid my own bank £20 to process this SWIFT payment which is non refundable.
This is surely a scam.

@Dargo/Kraken

Do you really believe this statement is still acceptable?.... "There's not much we can do though except work with their requirements as best we can"

I would be banging on Jesses front door at 3AM, if i would have been made to jump through so many stupid hoops.
Do something useful today.
DaddyH

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:00:23 AM

This is surely a scam.

@Dargo/Kraken

Do you really believe this statement is still acceptable?.... "There's not much we can do though except work with their requirements as best we can"

I would be banging on Jesses front door at 3AM, if i would have been made to jump through so many stupid hoops.

thank you for your support. I'm simply outraged by the sheer apathy shown from Kraken. It seems the little customer is irrelevant to them. Hiding behind a supplier as a scapegoat for ineptitude is not acceptable. Refusing to pick up the phone to call me is pathetic. I've asked to speak to someone senior numerous times - and been ignored.

Just think about what documentation we all provide in order to buy a car or arrange a mortgage. I've supplied that 5 times over and still the goal posts are moved.

Totally incredulous!

Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 05:56:16 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2016, 06:32:40 PM by Dargo

This is surely a scam.

@Dargo/Kraken

thank you for your support. I'm simply outraged by the sheer apathy shown from Kraken. It seems the little customer is irrelevant to them. Hiding behind a supplier as a scapegoat for ineptitude is not acceptable. Refusing to pick up the phone to call me is pathetic. I've asked to speak to someone senior numerous times - and been ignored.

Just think about what documentation we all provide in order to buy a car or arrange a mortgage. I've supplied that 5 times over and still the goal posts are moved.

Totally incredulous!

PayCash requires "proof of source of funds" documentation and they are exceedingly strict about it. Our CEO has done a call with them in an effort to get them to relax their requirements, so we have previously escalated the issue as high as we can with no luck. This is why I say that there isn't much we can do about the requirements at this point except work with them as best we can. We are always working to find better payment options for our clients, but it is not easy to find payment providers willing to work with exchanges. The ones that do are very cautious about it and often have extra requirements they might not have for other partnerships.  

To document source of funds PayCash requires documentation not just for the current payment, but also for previous payments. So, for example, if your current deposit is for £6K, bringing your total deposits for the past year to £18K, and you provide documentation for £20k in source of funds over the past year, this would not be sufficient for PayCash to explain where the £18K came from to buy digital assets because they assume you need more than £2K for other expenses in the past year. So even though your current deposit is only for £6K and you have provided documentation for £20k it is not sufficient for the standard PayCash requires. My understanding is that the situation @DaddyH is in is similar to this, so even though over £25k has been documented, it needs to explain more than a £9K deposit and is not enough for PayCash to explain the source of all the deposits over time. I'm saying all this to explain what PayCash requires, not to justify what they require.

@DaddyH has had a terrible experience with the deposit and although we can't change the PayCash requirements I think we could have done a better job with this case. @DaddyH did in effect jump through a series of hoops only to find that each hoop wasn't sufficient to clear the deposit. Although we are sometimes learning as we go about what PayCash will require, I think we can do a better job of explaining in advance to clients what will be needed. In the case where a client has made several deposits, we need to be clear up front that they will need documentation of source of funds for the deposits as a whole.

@DaddyH has requested that the deposit be returned and we are processing this request as quickly as possible. And a senior person will be in touch soon through the support ticket. We understand that clients would like the option of phone support and we are considering this for the future, but do not offer it at the present time.  
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 06:34:17 PM

PayCash requires "proof of source of funds" documentation....
Thats the craziest shit ive seen in a while......while not one personnel from HSBC went to jail after funnelling an absolute shed load of drug money through said bank!

Im struggling to understand why a Bitcoin company would entertain the services of a company, practising this bullshit version of KYC/AML, for such meaningless amounts of dirty fiat.
@Dargo
Ive personally experienced how hard it is to get a financial type institution to be a partner with a Bitcoin company, but that was 2013. Surely its not as bad as it was then. Do you really need to be involved in these completely over-zealous relationships in 2016? Really?
Thanks for the detailed explanation, BTW.   

DaddyH

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 07:10:53 PM

This is surely a scam.

@Dargo/Kraken

Totally incredulous!

PayCash requires "proof of source of funds" documentation and they are exceedingly strict about it. Our CEO has done a call with them in an effort to get them to relax their requirements, so we have previously escalated the issue as high as we can with no luck. This is why I say that there isn't much we can do about the requirements at this point except work with them as best we can. We are always working to find better payment options for our clients, but it is not easy to find payment providers willing to work with exchanges. The ones that do are very cautious about it and often have extra requirements they might not have for other partnerships.  

To document source of funds PayCash requires documentation not just for the current payment, but also for previous payments. So, for example, if your current deposit is for £6K, bringing your total deposits for the past year to £18K, and you provide documentation for £20k in source of funds over the past year, this would not be sufficient for PayCash to explain where the £18K came from to buy digital assets because they assume you need more than £2K for other expenses in the past year. So even though your current deposit is only for £6K and you have provided documentation for £20k it is not sufficient for the standard PayCash requires. My understanding is that the situation @DaddyH is in is similar to this, so even though over £25k has been documented, it needs to explain more than a £9K deposit and is not enough for PayCash to explain the source of all the deposits over time. I'm saying all this to explain what PayCash requires, not to justify what they require.

@DaddyH has had a terrible experience with the deposit and although we can't change the PayCash requirements I think we could have done a better job with this case. @DaddyH did in effect jump through a series of hoops only to find that each hoop wasn't sufficient to clear the deposit. Although we are sometimes learning as we go about what PayCash will require, I think we can do a better job of explaining in advance to clients what will be needed. In the case where a client has made several deposits, we need to be clear up front that they will need documentation of source of funds for the deposits as a whole.

@DaddyH has requested that the deposit be returned and we are processing this request as quickly as possible. And a senior person will be in touch soon through the support ticket. We understand that clients would like the option of phone support and we are considering this for the future, but do not offer it at the present time.  

Firstly thanks for the response - I eagerly await contact from someone senior in Kraken.

The big issue is that Paycash are actually demanding a financial profile of me as individual - going back through my entire life. 2+ years of earnings and proof of funding wasn't enough for them. This isn't a viable relationship, and while I understand these are Paycash requirements, not Kraken's. My relationship is with kraken, therefore by proxy Paycash is part of your business interfacing with us the customer.

The demand for a complete financial profile is not just unreasonable, it is an invasion of privacy. How I manage my personal finances shouldnt be their concern. All they need be concerned about is that I'm not funneling ill-gotten funds or part of a criminal enterprise.

However what really now irks is the financial loss I suffer because of this episode.

1. £20 SWIFT fee paid to my bank to make the initial deposit which will now not complete.
2. Extra cancellation fees made by Paycash's partners for returning the deposit (like I had any other choice).
3. Time and money spent collecting 30 pieces of "proof of funding", writing dozens of emails answering questions  - all in vain.
4. Finally - most importantly. I made this attempted deposit in early October when BTC < £500. I wanted to buy £9000 worth of BTC in anticipation of the inevitable rise. Well many weeks later, the rise happened (currently at £560 per BTC) and I still can't trade. This just isn't acceptable from a company billing itself as "serious and professional exchange". Irrelevant of whether the issue lies with Kraken or its supplier.

I'd like to hear if there is any recompense for any of the above?

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 07:58:39 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2016, 08:11:54 PM by bernard75

@Dargo
Ive personally experienced how hard it is to get a financial type institution to be a partner with a Bitcoin company, but that was 2013. Surely its not as bad as it was then.

Unfortunately it didnt.
Big Banks have existed for at least centuries, with a lot of connections, nepotism, rule bending, involved in law making, lobbyism and not to forget they are "system relevant", which makes them following laws, rules etc not that important.

Unfortunately "new players" have to follow the same rules to the point. Additionally they have to play with the "big boys" in some way or another, which the BB dont really like.

So, if you were involved in 2013, you can surly imagine how hard it is now that it has become a serious competitor.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 10:44:38 AM

@DaddyH
Resolved? Happy with how it was effected?

@Dargo
Seeing many new users of Kraken (new ICONOMI holders) complain about the UI. Ive always thought it is awful to use/navigate. Wondering if this is getting a make-over anytime soon?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6105

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 12:44:24 PM

Since you are the only good exchange accepting ICN , I decided to make an account . I have been told that to trade crypto currencies , there is no need for ID verification so I registered and and I provided information's about Tier 1 verification but It seems like I still didn't get verified for some reasons ? It was "Processing" then "Pre-Verified" and I haven't received any SMS or call for phone verification so not sure what to do now...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 02:29:55 PM

@Dargo
Seeing many new users of Kraken (new ICONOMI holders) complain about the UI. Ive always thought it is awful to use/navigate. Wondering if this is getting a make-over anytime soon?

Yes.. When I traded ZEC yesterday, it was a pain to use your interface to trade =/ all those very tiny numbers like 0.004523 ZEC or other. And then the rounding display (bitfinex rounds 0.001 to 0 which is even worse Cheesy).
One thing I would highly suggest is an "enter all" button. So all the available balance of a currency is put into the filed, so you only have to submit it. This will make it much easier to trade.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
DaddyH

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 07:37:27 PM

@DaddyH
Resolved? Happy with how it was effected?

@Dargo

So I'm waiting for the refund of my deposit. I'll update as soon as this case has been resolved.

MovieBTC

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 03:58:41 PM

how safe would it be to store around 40K Euro on kraken ? (not as Bitcoins, but as Euro) and be ready to buy when it's time ?

Code: Hello
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 04:53:37 PM

how safe would it be to store around 40K Euro on kraken ? (not as Bitcoins, but as Euro) and be ready to buy when it's time ?
A bit more safe than storing bitcoin, cause in case of hotwallet leak or simular, your money won't be stolen. But in case of haircut like at bitfinex, you will still loose money.
And of course it depends on your security settings. 2FA for login and withdrawal is necessary! You can also enable additonal security measures.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
MovieBTC

Activity: 156

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 05:01:47 PM

A bit more safe than storing bitcoin, cause in case of hotwallet leak or simular, your money won't be stolen. But in case of haircut like at bitfinex, you will still loose money.
And of course it depends on your security settings. 2FA for login and withdrawal is necessary! You can also enable additonal security measures.

i'm most afraid for "server hack" then a personal attack on my account

Code: Hello
MatDerKater

Activity: 138

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 11:00:58 PM

I could point u to a good few people who would advise u stromglz not to do that, mostly because they have had their Kraken accounts emptied, and were then told to take a running jump by the exchange.

Kraken has rats m8.

Thieves with backend access to the exchange are operating there and selectively robbing customers.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 07:28:25 AM

I could point u to a good few people who would advise u stromglz not to do that, mostly because they have had their Kraken accounts emptied, and were then told to take a running jump by the exchange.

Kraken has rats m8.

Thieves with backend access to the exchange are operating there and selectively robbing customers.
Go on then. Point these people out. Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: