Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:27:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628603 times)
Hypolite
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 12:14:44 PM

Hypolite,

I never had any problems with Kraken. They have always been reactive when I asked them and for me it is a serious platform in which I trust.

I would have written EXACTLY THE SAME - until Feburary 2nd, when they put my money on hold and not even bothered to inform me about this!

Then they started to play on time and give hot-air-answers.
They just tell me after some posts, that I simply should give it PLENTY OF TIME and then, one day it may clear up! Cool.

Never ever Kraken! I want my money back! I want to get clear explanations where in the T&C what rulings apply and what legal steps can be taken where for defense.

BS

And that's what I was saying.
Problem solved instantly.
Thanks to Kraken for his reactivity as usual.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 04:00:06 PM

Hypolite,

I never had any problems with Kraken. They have always been reactive when I asked them and for me it is a serious platform in which I trust.

I would have written EXACTLY THE SAME - until Feburary 2nd, when they put my money on hold and not even bothered to inform me about this!

Then they started to play on time and give hot-air-answers.
They just tell me after some posts, that I simply should give it PLENTY OF TIME and then, one day it may clear up! Cool.

Never ever Kraken! I want my money back! I want to get clear explanations where in the T&C what rulings apply and what legal steps can be taken where for defense.

BS

The thing about AML procedures is that they have to be a secret in order to work. That's why they keep you in the dark. If they told you exactly what they noticed, then that rule would effectively become useless since people trying to launder money would know exactly what to avoid...

I know it's annoying, but they have to do investigations. If they don't, they risk losing their licences...

Once you get cleared, you can alway head straight to BTC-E. No annoying AML/KYC restrictions. Just pure freedom with multi week long waits for fiat withdraws and riculous fees... Wink
Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 04:47:50 PM

Dargo question here,
If I have a bitcoin margin long position open in both XBT/USD and XBT/EUR, can I close all my positions in the Kraken euro market or do I need to close in both dollar and euro markets?
btcTreuhand

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 05:41:18 PM

Totscha

Well, the AML rules in my country say:
When I think a customer of mine is laundering money, the I must REFUSE to trade with him and inform the AML-office (governmental organization, not private company).
When I'm not sure what to think about a customer, I must try to find out and refuse to trade with him as long as I cannot find out.

I'm not allowed to keep money of any customer just because I suspect something. In case I have made a trade already and find out afterwards that the customer may fall under AML regulations, I must inform the AML-office and should, if possible, cancel the trade.

In my country, private companies do not investigate crimes, but law enforcement does. Private companies only GIVE INFORMATION to the AML-agencies.

Banks are the only ones who might keep money of their customers - but only AFTER a judge decided that they must do so land they must present the evidence to the customer affected - but that person in 99% of all cases know in advance that this will happen, as the court is obliged to inform the suspect about any action against him.

Simply telling someone "hey, I keep your money because I think, you might have committed a crime and now I must investigate forever" sounds extremely UNLAWFUL to me, but maybe in the USA that's OK and usual and private companies make their own laws and enforce them and punish the suspects as well. All-in-one.
Sounds like a 5th world country, then.

BS
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:54:43 PM

Hi Dargo,

I currently have an account to Kraken and thinking of verifying it with the correct documents so that I can transfer money to it thru wire transfer. What documents are needed for this to happen? For my account to be verified? Thanks.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:44:33 PM

Hi Dargo,

I currently have an account to Kraken and thinking of verifying it with the correct documents so that I can transfer money to it thru wire transfer. What documents are needed for this to happen? For my account to be verified? Thanks.
simply go to
https://www.kraken.com/u/verify
there you should see what is needed.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:40:35 AM

Totscha

Well, the AML rules in my country say:
When I think a customer of mine is laundering money, the I must REFUSE to trade with him and inform the AML-office (governmental organization, not private company).
When I'm not sure what to think about a customer, I must try to find out and refuse to trade with him as long as I cannot find out.

I'm not allowed to keep money of any customer just because I suspect something. In case I have made a trade already and find out afterwards that the customer may fall under AML regulations, I must inform the AML-office and should, if possible, cancel the trade.

In my country, private companies do not investigate crimes, but law enforcement does. Private companies only GIVE INFORMATION to the AML-agencies.

Banks are the only ones who might keep money of their customers - but only AFTER a judge decided that they must do so land they must present the evidence to the customer affected - but that person in 99% of all cases know in advance that this will happen, as the court is obliged to inform the suspect about any action against him.

Simply telling someone "hey, I keep your money because I think, you might have committed a crime and now I must investigate forever" sounds extremely UNLAWFUL to me, but maybe in the USA that's OK and usual and private companies make their own laws and enforce them and punish the suspects as well. All-in-one.
Sounds like a 5th world country, then.

BS

I'm sorry, but I can't say anything more than I've already said. We've noticed some things about the account that require further investigation, cannot release funds during the investigation, and cannot say anything further about the nature of the investigation at this time. The best course of action for now is to give the situation more time to resolve informally. If you don't want to do that and want to defend yourself now, then as I've said to take up a dispute with a company you should start by checking the legal or "terms of service" section of the company website to see how disputes must be handled.    
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:42:48 AM

Dargo question here,
If I have a bitcoin margin long position open in both XBT/USD and XBT/EUR, can I close all my positions in the Kraken euro market or do I need to close in both dollar and euro markets?

Even though it amounts to just being long bitcoin, you have positions in two different markets, so they must be closed with two different orders.
Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 01:03:19 AM

Alright, thank you Dargo. You're doing a great job with your customer support.
btcTreuhand

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:05:10 PM

Dargo

Would you be so kind to give me AT LEAST a LINK? I cannot find your T&C and do not want to loose time searching.
Why You cannot simply give information and not let others do your job and search for the sections in your T&C?
You surely know where to find it, I do not, I need to search for it and it' enough that you took my money, I do not want you to take my time as well.

If I should meet you, I will pickpocket wour wallet and tell you "I noticed something on our outfit and need to keep your wallet for indefinite time." Let's see whether you like it.

Present me the INFORMATION, not some "go and search yourself".

BS
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 12:12:54 PM

Dargo

Would you be so kind to give me AT LEAST a LINK? I cannot find your T&C and do not want to loose time searching.
Why You cannot simply give information and not let others do your job and search for the sections in your T&C?
You surely know where to find it, I do not, I need to search for it and it' enough that you took my money, I do not want you to take my time as well.

If I should meet you, I will pickpocket wour wallet and tell you "I noticed something on our outfit and need to keep your wallet for indefinite time." Let's see whether you like it.

Present me the INFORMATION, not some "go and search yourself".

BS

Hey guy I understand you and I would be mad as fuck to have my money on hold but seriously, if you spent 1/100 of the time you used to post here and instead you looked for T&C on the website I'm sure you would have found it already. BTW here is the page you're looking for:

https://www.kraken.com/en-us/legal#arbitration

Also you sould have read that T&C already before start using Kraken, as anyone should do before start using ANY website or service.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
btcTreuhand

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:43:50 PM

Hi

Thank you. I spent so much time here because I wanted to warn others and see whether there are more such cases like mine.

You are right, I should have read the T&C and I should not have traded with Kraken.

Anyway, the T&C are long and lot of things inside, so I asked kraken support to give me the exact paragraphs for this case.

I will write to legal@kraken.com and try to get some answers from there.

BS
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 04:03:55 PM

Hi

Thank you. I spent so much time here because I wanted to warn others and see whether there are more such cases like mine.

You are right, I should have read the T&C and I should not have traded with Kraken.

Anyway, the T&C are long and lot of things inside, so I asked kraken support to give me the exact paragraphs for this case.

BS

You did the good thing to bring this up to public,I'm sure Kraken will solve your problem but it's good for other users to know what could happen to them. Good luck.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
DaddyH

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 12:51:42 PM

I am very happy to hear Kraken have divorced themselves from PayCash.

PayCash cost me hundreds of £s in fees, missed trades, and wasted time. They are a truly terrible company and I hope they cease to exist soon.

Well done Kraken.

◇◆  STRATIS  ◇  BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTIONS  ◆◇
◇◇◆ BLOCKCHAIN AS A SERVICE [BAAS] PRIVATE CHAINS ◆◇◇
| FULL NODE GITHUB | STRATIS WEBSITE | FORUM THREAD |
idolacchacked

Activity: 598
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:58:14 PM

i have sent USD transfer using synapsepay

i have tried to contact synapsepay but all i get is google voice  

seriously Google voice? thats the place you guys are directing me to send my funds too?

im also verified 3rd tier

but you guys are asking me to send more info after the 3rd tier verification?

why are you holding my money for no reason?

it took you guys 2 days to answer me after i posted on redit?

i do not want 4th tier verification

i was going to use your exchange as alternative to coinbase but you guys are worse then them

credit my account or send my money back to my bank account

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 12:37:15 AM

seriously Google voice? thats the place you guys are directing me to send my funds too?

i was going to use your exchange as alternative to coinbase but you guys are worse then them

If you PM me your ticket number I can escalate your case with support.
idolacchacked

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 01:14:55 AM

i was vrified 3rd tier now it says 3rd tier processing again?
why make me send funds by telling me i was 3rd tier verified and now you guys have the funds and lower me back to 2nd tier?
this is just some bull shit you guys are pulling
just send my funds back to may account including the fees i payed
idolacchacked

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:11:27 PM

i was verified 3rd tier now it says 3rd tier processing again?
why make me send funds by telling me i was 3rd tier verified and now you guys have the funds and lower me back to 2nd tier?
this is just some bull shit you guys are pulling
just send my funds back to may account including the fees i payed
still nothing!! i want my money back or credit my account
pat1900

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 03:49:43 AM

Looks like I coincidentally discovered a serious malfunction in Kraken's main email infrastructure. I tried to withdraw some amount to a newly created bitcoin address. In this case I usually receive an email message containing a confirmation link with a 1 hour's expiration time. Unexpectedly, this email message never arrived. So I checked all my email account settings, deactivated the SPAM detection and any other mail filters. I sent me a dozen differently crafted email messages to myself, i.e. to an email address exclusively created for all my communication with Kraken. They all arrived in perfect condition. Then tried withdrawing to that new bitcoin address again: silence. Tried again: silence. Withdrawing to an old existing bitcoin address works perfectly as this does not require email traffic. They even paid a pretty generous fee of 250+ satoshis/byte for my test transaction. It got included in the very next block.

There is another proof that it's not my email provider that is to blame: I opened a ticket using Kraken's Zendesk frontend, and lo and behold: the ticket receipt arrived at my email inbasket at an instant. This means that the Kraken Support email server works flawlessly while the trading environment's email server is broken.

Don't bother. Email messages from/to Kraken are vanishing into the void at the moment. The only way of communicating with Kraken ist using support.kraken.com. I hope their Zendesk-internal communication is completely independent of the trading platform's email system.

USD: 0.000 BTC       EUR: 0.000 BTC
btcTreuhand

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 09:59:04 AM

Hi idolacchacked, welcome to the club!

I have been waiting on my money from kraken since February 2nd.
First, they told me they need more ID-proof, then they would release the funds.

I sent all photo-ID they asked for, then they told me that there is more but they cannot say what and I have to wait for MANY WEEKS for them to finish their investigation and they told me the best I can do is to keep my mouth shut and WAIT!

Until, one day, maybe, they will release MY MONEY back TO ME.

More then 5 weeks I have been waiting now, no communication anymore. They simply took a few thousand Euros from me and prefer to remain silent. And tell me I should NOT contact police because KRAKEN is so very good and I MUST be BAD, because the GOOD GUYS would not simply steal my money... no... they only do what is "surely legitimate".

What can I do? I have no money for a lawyer... and it seems that I was the only one they kept the money from...

Best wishes to us all
BS
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: