Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:06:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628601 times)
Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 04:05:45 PM

All my last margin orders I was trying to put in got canceled immediately.The reason given was: Insufficient Margin
It's worth to mention I had not 'active position' nor any 'open order' nor 'pending withdrawal request'.
And sure I have plenty of funds available

Are you aware of the borrow limits?
What are the margin borrow limits?
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:51:12 PM

Is it just me who is constantly being kicked out "because my IP address has changed"? (My IP address is was not changed at all.)
Any cure for that? I even have no time to fill ticked.

You have been logged out
You've accessed your account session from a different IP address.

For security, the session has been ended. and you will be automatically redirected to login again.

If you are having trouble accessing your account, please contact support.

same sh*t

Thanks for the reports. We can look into this, but to do so you need you to create a support ticket, and giving us some of the times you got logged out would be really helpful.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:54:44 PM

Hi Dargo

All my last margin orders I was trying to put in got canceled immediately.The reason given was: Insufficient Margin
It's worth to mention I had not 'active position' nor any 'open order' nor 'pending withdrawal request'.
And sure I have plenty of funds available

Used Margin      €0.0000
Total margin amount used in open positions.

Free Margin      €xx,xxx.xx
Usable margin balance. Equal to equity minus used margin.

Margin Level      ——
Percentage ratio of equity to used margin.

So why are all my orders getting canceled ?
Is it because Kraken hit it's limit for lending out funds used for margin trading?

Thanks

It sounds like it's the global margin limit for the exchange, meaning we currently don't have funds to advance for margin trading. But if the issue persists please create a ticket about it and we'll take a closer look.
cashintor1

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

BUY/SELL BTC via WU/PayPal +33*758788429 +WhatsAPP

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 09:00:30 PM

Hey, who are you to telling me to calm down?

Are you working for this kraken or fidor thing to defend them so much or have your 445 Euro on 'hold'?

Bist du schlecht oder was?

Look, seems like you did not read it all.

Anyway I have already bought BTC from kraken for XXXX+ Euro since last year but nothing recently for a reason!

The problem is not with me (I refuse to use them anymore since their rubbish inadequate security settings and incapability of customer support  few months ago that blocked my fully legit and verified account at least they recovered it after much arguing here but actually I never had a 'hold' even depositing 1000+) but with my partner's account who deposited 445 Euro and there was no single reply for the hold since last week.

There is no reason for the fake 'hold' as her account is all legit and their Terms of Service are followed promptly by her. Also their 5 reasons from their website for the funds to be on 'hold' are not valid in her case.

I just regret that I referred my partner to kraken to invest in BTC to catch the Bitcoin price increase and now this kraken disaster is deserving a HUGE RED ALERT...

Are you sure and can you prove that they are not playing with honest people's deposits to earn instead of them as we all know BTC price will increase at least until the halving?

Why do you mess here with this useless and misleading reply here anyway instead of helping me and helping her as honest and bright persons who know respect their rights?

At least you are just right that 'kraken is no worse than the other exchanges' - that adds to mine and my partner's negative experience with kraken. And yes, there are a few much faster and better exchanges than kraken. Yes I have used btc-e.com without any problem for 2+ years! Do you know about bitcoin.de or btcc.com or OKcoin or Huobi? Also Peer to peer exchanges like LocalBitcoins.com where the trades are between the traders directly are much better, faster and secure option for trading as they are much more DECENTRALIZED.

As some users seem to have missed what happened so far:

RED ALERT! DO NOT DEPOSIT TO KRAKEN.COM - FUNDS ON HOLD!

My partner called her french bank and they replied that they are surprised what happened and attestation is being created and preparing for a European legislation refund.

kraken's bank - Fidor.de Kontakt für Privatkunden

Telefon: +49(089) 189 085 233 - NOT RESPONDING AS WELL.

Also she complies fully with kraken's terms of service from their site and as well as their deposit hold explanation - https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/201396677-Why-is-my-deposit-on-hold-

'
Why is my deposit on hold?

If your deposit is placed on hold, please contact Customer Support to inquire about it. Usually, it is one of the following reasons:

1.  The deposit takes you over your funding limit. The best way to resolve this is to apply for the next higher verification tier to increase your funding limits. Alternatively, you can wait for the deposit to clear automatically after a sufficient amount of time has passed.
   2.  You are funding your account from a German or Austrian bank account or you are a German resident who has not yet submitted their ID confirmation photo (and their Tier 3 documents, if you are currently a Tier 2 user).
    3. If you recently made multiple deposits in the same amount, one or more of the deposits may have been put on hold to make sure they aren't part of a duplicate deposit - a single deposit that's been sent to your account multiple times due to a technical issue. The best way to avoid this situation is to send different amounts whenever you send multiple deposits within 72 hours.
    4. The name on the bank account you deposit from does not match the name on the Kraken account.
    5. Your bank asked us to put an incoming deposit on hold due to possible irregular activities.
'

NONE OF THESE APPLY TO HER!

AND IF YOU MISSED WHAT HAPPENED - READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS:

Re: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH
June 13, 2016, 11:32:34 PM

Reply with quote Edit message Delete message  #3540
OK but when you will reply to the support ticket with a solution and release the 'hold'?

Will it be when the Bitcoin price hits 1000 Euro? Who will cover my partner's losses due to the rapid price increase?

She could have the 445 euro in Bitcoin the same day on btc-e.com , Bitstamp, and even LocalBitcoins.com and maybe the chinese BTCC.com , Huobi or OKcoin using other deposit methods of course...

'hold', 'heavy load', 'emails not being delivered' etc...Is this a kind of a non-professional joke?

Cannot kraken afford to hire more professional employees?

At least post a BIG RED sign on your homepage alerting new users to not deposit because your mail servcer 'is not working' and also you are not capable to process any more deposits to avoid further negative feedbacks or (selective) scamming accusations...

And now as I referred you to my partner what should I explain about her loss?

Are you using her money and earning instead of her right now?

June 13, 2016, 08:56:27 PM

Reply with quote Edit message Delete message  #3538
Hi kraken support,

There is a problem with my partner's user experience from your site.

She deposited 445 EURO on the 9th of June 2016 and her funds are still on hold since last week!!!

Now as the Bitcoin price increased 100+ EURO since then, are you going to compensate her loss? We will not be satisfied if she loses her 'profits' due to your INADEQUATE and UNNACEPTABLE hold on her funds!!!

As soon as she saw the 'hold' she opened a support ticket and emailed you multiple times but NO SINGLE RESPONSE FROM YOU. You have no phone support, no nothing and you pretend to have good security...even with this downtime of the site... Really?

WHAT IS THAT?

USERS BEWARE!

She will post her proofs here later on and expecting this issue to be solved ASAP!

@cashintor1:
Calm down.

This can and will happen at nealry every exchange, if you deposit for the first time. You have to take such problems into account.
Once the problem is sovled, you won't have "hold" problems with Kraken again, except one of the "Why is my deposit on hold?" things happend.

You mentioned btc-e for example. Did you ever tried to deposit money there? Cheesy There your money is for weeks or even months on hold and you have to argue with support agents that only speak english with help of google translate.

So the next time you plan to use an exchange for the first time, take such problems into account, since they will happen very often and everywhere.

Btw:
If you or your bank tries a refund, this will delay everything even more. It is not a problem at your bank and not a problem from Fidor. It is just Kraken that holds your money for whatever reason. Yes, they have hire more agents to answer support tickets faster. But other exchange are even worse.

cashintor1

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 09:04:29 PM

Hey @Dargo , are you avoiding my posts here ?

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:18:22 PM

We already updated your partner in the support ticket yesterday with all the information we can provide at this time. The deposit is on hold because we've found something with the account that requires further investigation. We expect to have another update for you sometime tomorrow, though it could possibly take a bit longer. We understand it's frustrating and are working to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1897
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:35:53 PM

OWOWOWOWOWOW
Kraken hold ~500euro so person have to wait and buy BTC at over 1000 $ Smiley
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

STFU LISK worshipers

a week ago there was a big theft of personal details and bank accounts over teamviewer, I guess any businesses gona take extra step to cover itself, its just that no one gona publish FUCKUP by banks and make it a big news, not even ppl working with banks will stay silent so their good bank will is not on hold, sadly Sad

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
KrakenTrader

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:54:49 PM

It appears to have been the global margin limit, and it worked fine again after a short while.
Thanks Dargo, for clarifying Smiley

Hi Dargo
Is it because Kraken hit it's limit for lending out funds used for margin trading?
Thanks

It sounds like it's the global margin limit for the exchange, meaning we currently don't have funds to advance for margin trading. But if the issue persists please create a ticket about it and we'll take a closer look.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:35:39 AM

Hey, who are you to telling me to calm down?

Are you working for this kraken or fidor thing to defend them so much or have your 445 Euro on 'hold'?

Bist du schlecht oder was?
No I'm no employee anywhere.
But I'm a bitcointrader and went through nearly all problems you can experience at any exchange. That's why I'm telling you, that this can and will happen nearly everywhere. This is sth you have to take into account each time you are using a new exchange.

So of course Kraken is to blame for the slow communication. But Kraken is still one of the best plattforms out there, cause I know all the problems you could have elsewhere.

btw. Why are you writing "Are you bad, huh?" That makes no sence Cheesy

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
cashintor1

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 12:46:17 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2016, 01:13:01 PM by cashintor1

RED ALERT - EUROPEAN CITIZENS - DO NOT DEPOSIT FUNDS TO KRAKEN - THEY ARE NOT LEGAL IN EUROPE!

They refuse to refund my partner's 445 Euro deposited via SEPA bank transfer and after a week without a response to a support ticket due to the 'hold' and now asking for a bunch of documents just to 'hold' her funds and use them to profit during the Bitcoin price increase due to the block halving and other factors but they are not certified for and breaking the European privacy law as a US company and might be penalized by administrative orders and civil penalties of up to $16,000 per day for violations.

'
The Federal Trade Commission "manages" the system under the oversight of the U.S. Department of Commerce.[16]to comply with the commitments can be penalized under the Federal Trade Commission Act by administrative orders and civil penalties of up to $16,000 per day for violations. If an organization fails to comply with the framework it must promptly notify the Department of Commerce, or else it can be prosecuted under the 'False Statements Act'.[14]
'

'
4.5.2016   EN Official Journal of the European Union L 119/1

REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL

of 27 April 2016

on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)

THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION,

Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, and in particular Article 16 thereof,

Having regard to the proposal from the European Commission,

After transmission of the draft legislative act to the national parliaments,

Having regard to the opinion of the European Economic and Social Committee (1),

Having regard to the opinion of the Committee of the Regions (2),

Acting in accordance with the ordinary legislative procedure (3),

Whereas:

(1)

The protection of natural persons in relation to the processing of personal data is a fundamental right. Article 8(1) of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union (the ‘Charter’) and Article 16(1) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) provide that everyone has the right to the protection of personal data concerning him or her.

(2)

The principles of, and rules on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of their personal data should, whatever their nationality or residence, respect their fundamental rights and freedoms, in particular their right to the protection of personal data. This Regulation is intended to contribute to the accomplishment of an area of freedom, security and justice and of an economic union, to economic and social progress, to the strengthening and the convergence of the economies within the internal market, and to the well-being of natural persons.

(3)

Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council (4) seeks to harmonise the protection of fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons in respect of processing activities and to ensure the free flow of personal data between Member States.

(4)

The processing of personal data should be designed to serve mankind. The right to the protection of personal data is not an absolute right; it must be considered in relation to its function in society and be balanced against other fundamental rights, in accordance with the principle of proportionality. This Regulation respects all fundamental rights and observes the freedoms and principles recognised in the Charter as enshrined in the Treaties, in particular the respect for private and family life, home and communications, the protection of personal data, freedom of thought, conscience and religion, freedom of expression and information, freedom to conduct a business, the right to an effective remedy and to a fair trial, and cultural, religious and linguistic diversity.

(5)

The economic and social integration resulting from the functioning of the internal market has led to a substantial increase in cross-border flows of personal data. The exchange of personal data between public and private actors, including natural persons, associations and undertakings across the Union has increased. National authorities in the Member States are being called upon by Union law to cooperate and exchange personal data so as to be able to perform their duties or carry out tasks on behalf of an authority in another Member State.

(6)

Rapid technological developments and globalisation have brought new challenges for the protection of personal data. The scale of the collection and sharing of personal data has increased significantly. Technology allows both private companies and public authorities to make use of personal data on an unprecedented scale in order to pursue their activities. Natural persons increasingly make personal information available publicly and globally. Technology has transformed both the economy and social life, and should further facilitate the free flow of personal data within the Union and the transfer to third countries and international organisations, while ensuring a high level of the protection of personal data.

(7)

Those developments require a strong and more coherent data protection framework in the Union, backed by strong enforcement, given the importance of creating the trust that will allow the digital economy to develop across the internal market. Natural persons should have control of their own personal data. Legal and practical certainty for natural persons, economic operators and public authorities should be enhanced.

(Cool

Where this Regulation provides for specifications or restrictions of its rules by Member State law, Member States may, as far as necessary for coherence and for making the national provisions comprehensible to the persons to whom they apply, incorporate elements of this Regulation into their national law.

(9)

The objectives and principles of Directive 95/46/EC remain sound, but it has not prevented fragmentation in the implementation of data protection across the Union, legal uncertainty or a widespread public perception that there are significant risks to the protection of natural persons, in particular with regard to online activity. Differences in the level of protection of the rights and freedoms of natural persons, in particular the right to the protection of personal data, with regard to the processing of personal data in the Member States may prevent the free flow of personal data throughout the Union. Those differences may therefore constitute an obstacle to the pursuit of economic activities at the level of the Union, distort competition and impede authorities in the discharge of their responsibilities under Union law. Such a difference in levels of protection is due to the existence of differences in the implementation and application of Directive 95/46/EC.

(10)

In order to ensure a consistent and high level of protection of natural persons and to remove the obstacles to flows of personal data within the Union, the level of protection of the rights and freedoms of natural persons with regard to the processing of such data should be equivalent in all Member States. Consistent and homogenous application of the rules for the protection of the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data should be ensured throughout the Union. Regarding the processing of personal data for compliance with a legal obligation, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, Member States should be allowed to maintain or introduce national provisions to further specify the application of the rules of this Regulation. In conjunction with the general and horizontal law on data protection implementing Directive 95/46/EC, Member States have several sector-specific laws in areas that need more specific provisions. This Regulation also provides a margin of manoeuvre for Member States to specify its rules, including for the processing of special categories of personal data (‘sensitive data’). To that extent, this Regulation does not exclude Member State law that sets out the circumstances for specific processing situations, including determining more precisely the conditions under which the processing of personal data is lawful.

(11)

Effective protection of personal data throughout the Union requires the strengthening and setting out in detail of the rights of data subjects and the obligations of those who process and determine the processing of personal data, as well as equivalent powers for monitoring and ensuring compliance with the rules for the protection of personal data and equivalent sanctions for infringements in the Member States.

(12)

Article 16(2) TFEU mandates the European Parliament and the Council to lay down the rules relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the rules relating to the free movement of personal data.

(13)

In order to ensure a consistent level of protection for natural persons throughout the Union and to prevent divergences hampering the free movement of personal data within the internal market, a Regulation is necessary to provide legal certainty and transparency for economic operators, including micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, and to provide natural persons in all Member States with the same level of legally enforceable rights and obligations and responsibilities for controllers and processors, to ensure consistent monitoring of the processing of personal data, and equivalent sanctions in all Member States as well as effective cooperation between the supervisory authorities of different Member States. The proper functioning of the internal market requires that the free movement of personal data within the Union is not restricted or prohibited for reasons connected with the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data. To take account of the specific situation of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, this Regulation includes a derogation for organisations with fewer than 250 employees with regard to record-keeping. In addition, the Union institutions and bodies, and Member States and their supervisory authorities, are encouraged to take account of the specific needs of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises in the application of this Regulation. The notion of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises should draw from Article 2 of the Annex to Commission Recommendation 2003/361/EC (5).

(14)

The protection afforded by this Regulation should apply to natural persons, whatever their nationality or place of residence, in relation to the processing of their personal data. This Regulation does not cover the processing of personal data which concerns legal persons and in particular undertakings established as legal persons, including the name and the form of the legal person and the contact details of the legal person.

(15)

In order to prevent creating a serious risk of circumvention, the protection of natural persons should be technologically neutral and should not depend on the techniques used. The protection of natural persons should apply to the processing of personal data by automated means, as well as to manual processing, if the personal data are contained or are intended to be contained in a filing system. Files or sets of files, as well as their cover pages, which are not structured according to specific criteria should not fall within the scope of this Regulation.

(16)

This Regulation does not apply to issues of protection of fundamental rights and freedoms or the free flow of personal data related to activities which fall outside the scope of Union law, such as activities concerning national security. This Regulation does not apply to the processing of personal data by the Member States when carrying out activities in relation to the common foreign and security policy of the Union.

(17)

Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council (6) applies to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies. Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and other Union legal acts applicable to such processing of personal data should be adapted to the principles and rules established in this Regulation and applied in the light of this Regulation. In order to provide a strong and coherent data protection framework in the Union, the necessary adaptations of Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 should follow after the adoption of this Regulation, in order to allow application at the same time as this Regulation.

(18)

This Regulation does not apply to the processing of personal data by a natural person in the course of a purely personal or household activity and thus with no connection to a professional or commercial activity. Personal or household activities could include correspondence and the holding of addresses, or social networking and online activity undertaken within the context of such activities. However, this Regulation applies to controllers or processors which provide the means for processing personal data for such personal or household activities.

(19)

The protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by competent authorities for the purposes of the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including the safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security and the free movement of such data, is the subject of a specific Union legal act. This Regulation should not, therefore, apply to processing activities for those purposes. However, personal data processed by public authorities under this Regulation should, when used for those purposes, be governed by a more specific Union legal act, namely Directive (EU) 2016/680 of the European Parliament and of the Council (7). Member States may entrust competent authorities within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2016/680 with tasks which are not necessarily carried out for the purposes of the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including the safeguarding against and prevention of threats to public security, so that the processing of personal data for those other purposes, in so far as it is within the scope of Union law, falls within the scope of this Regulation.

With regard to the processing of personal data by those competent authorities for purposes falling within scope of this Regulation, Member States should be able to maintain or introduce more specific provisions to adapt the application of the rules of this Regulation. Such provisions may determine more precisely specific requirements for the processing of personal data by those competent authorities for those other purposes, taking into account the constitutional, organisational and administrative structure of the respective Member State. When the processing of personal data by private bodies falls within the scope of this Regulation, this Regulation should provide for the possibility for Member States under specific conditions to restrict by law certain obligations and rights when such a restriction constitutes a necessary and proportionate measure in a democratic society to safeguard specific important interests including public security and the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including the safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security. This is relevant for instance in the framework of anti-money laundering or the activities of forensic laboratories.

(20)

While this Regulation applies, inter alia, to the activities of courts and other judicial authorities, Union or Member State law could specify the processing operations and processing procedures in relation to the processing of personal data by courts and other judicial authorities. The competence of the supervisory authorities should not cover the processing of personal data when courts are acting in their judicial capacity, in order to safeguard the independence of the judiciary in the performance of its judicial tasks, including decision-making. It should be possible to entrust supervision of such data processing operations to specific bodies within the judicial system of the Member State, which should, in particular ensure compliance with the rules of this Regulation, enhance awareness among members of the judiciary of their obligations under this Regulation and handle complaints in relation to such data processing operations.

(21)

This Regulation is without prejudice to the application of Directive 2000/31/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council (Cool, in particular of the liability rules of intermediary service providers in Articles 12 to 15 of that Directive. That Directive seeks to contribute to the proper functioning of the internal market by ensuring the free movement of information society services between Member States.

(22)

Any processing of personal data in the context of the activities of an establishment of a controller or a processor in the Union should be carried out in accordance with this Regulation, regardless of whether the processing itself takes place within the Union. Establishment implies the effective and real exercise of activity through stable arrangements. The legal form of such arrangements, whether through a branch or a subsidiary with a legal personality, is not the determining factor in that respect.

(23)

In order to ensure that natural persons are not deprived of the protection to which they are entitled under this Regulation, the processing of personal data of data subjects who are in the Union by a controller or a processor not established in the Union should be subject to this Regulation where the processing activities are related to offering goods or services to such data subjects irrespective of whether connected to a payment. In order to determine whether such a controller or processor is offering goods or services to data subjects who are in the Union, it should be ascertained whether it is apparent that the controller or processor envisages offering services to data subjects in one or more Member States in the Union. Whereas the mere accessibility of the controller's, processor's or an intermediary's website in the Union, of an email address or of other contact details, or the use of a language generally used in the third country where the controller is established, is insufficient to ascertain such intention, factors such as the use of a language or a currency generally used in one or more Member States with the possibility of ordering goods and services in that other language, or the mentioning of customers or users who are in the Union, may make it apparent that the controller envisages offering goods or services to data subjects in the Union.

(24)

The processing of personal data of data subjects who are in the Union by a controller or processor not established in the Union should also be subject to this Regulation when it is related to the monitoring of the behaviour of such data subjects in so far as their behaviour takes place within the Union. In order to determine whether a processing activity can be considered to monitor the behaviour of data subjects, it should be ascertained whether natural persons are tracked on the internet including potential subsequent use of personal data processing techniques which consist of profiling a natural person, particularly in order to take decisions concerning her or him or for analysing or predicting her or his personal preferences, behaviours and attitudes.

(25)

Where Member State law applies by virtue of public international law, this Regulation should also apply to a controller not established in the Union, such as in a Member State's diplomatic mission or consular post.

(26)

The principles of data protection should apply to any information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal data which have undergone pseudonymisation, which could be attributed to a natural person by the use of additional information should be considered to be information on an identifiable natural person. To determine whether a natural person is identifiable, account should be taken of all the means reasonably likely to be used, such as singling out, either by the controller or by another person to identify the natural person directly or indirectly. To ascertain whether means are reasonably likely to be used to identify the natural person, account should be taken of all objective factors, such as the costs of and the amount of time required for identification, taking into consideration the available technology at the time of the processing and technological developments. The principles of data protection should therefore not apply to anonymous information, namely information which does not relate to an identified or identifiable natural person or to personal data rendered anonymous in such a manner that the data subject is not or no longer identifiable. This Regulation does not therefore concern the processing of such anonymous information, including for statistical or research purposes.

(27)

This Regulation does not apply to the personal data of deceased persons. Member States may provide for rules regarding the processing of personal data of deceased persons.

(28)

The application of pseudonymisation to personal data can reduce the risks to the data subjects concerned and help controllers and processors to meet their data-protection obligations. The explicit introduction of ‘pseudonymisation’ in this Regulation is not intended to preclude any other measures of data protection.

(29)

In order to create incentives to apply pseudonymisation when processing personal data, measures of pseudonymisation should, whilst allowing general analysis, be possible within the same controller when that controller has taken technical and organisational measures necessary to ensure, for the processing concerned, that this Regulation is implemented, and that additional information for attributing the personal data to a specific data subject is kept separately. The controller processing the personal data should indicate the authorised persons within the same controller.

(30)

Natural persons may be associated with online identifiers provided by their devices, applications, tools and protocols, such as internet protocol addresses, cookie identifiers or other identifiers such as radio frequency identification tags. This may leave traces which, in particular when combined with unique identifiers and other information received by the servers, may be used to create profiles of the natural persons and identify them.

(31)

Public authorities to which personal data are disclosed in accordance with a legal obligation for the exercise of their official mission, such as tax and customs authorities, financial investigation units, independent administrative authorities, or financial market authorities responsible for the regulation and supervision of securities markets should not be regarded as recipients if they receive personal data which are necessary to carry out a particular inquiry in the general interest, in accordance with Union or Member State law. The requests for disclosure sent by the public authorities should always be in writing, reasoned and occasional and should not concern the entirety of a filing system or lead to the interconnection of filing systems. The processing of personal data by those public authorities should comply with the applicable data-protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.

(32)

Consent should be given by a clear affirmative act establishing a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject's agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her, such as by a written statement, including by electronic means, or an oral statement. This could include ticking a box when visiting an internet website, choosing technical settings for information society services or another statement or conduct which clearly indicates in this context the data subject's acceptance of the proposed processing of his or her personal data. Silence, pre-ticked boxes or inactivity should not therefore constitute consent. Consent should cover all processing activities carried out for the same purpose or purposes. When the processing has multiple purposes, consent should be given for all of them. If the data subject's consent is to be given following a request by electronic means, the request must be clear, concise and not unnecessarily disruptive to the use of the service for which it is provided.

(33)

It is often not possible to fully identify the purpose of personal data processing for scientific research purposes at the time of data collection. Therefore, data subjects should be allowed to give their consent to certain areas of scientific research when in keeping with recognised ethical standards for scientific research. Data subjects should have the opportunity to give their consent only to certain areas of research or parts of research projects to the extent allowed by the intended purpose.

(34)

Genetic data should be defined as personal data relating to the inherited or acquired genetic characteristics of a natural person which result from the analysis of a biological sample from the natural person in question, in particular chromosomal, deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) or ribonucleic acid (RNA) analysis, or from the analysis of another element enabling equivalent information to be obtained.

(35)

Personal data concerning health should include all data pertaining to the health status of a data subject which reveal information relating to the past, current or future physical or mental health status of the data subject. This includes information about the natural person collected in the course of the registration for, or the provision of, health care services as referred to in Directive 2011/24/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council (9) to that natural person; a number, symbol or particular assigned to a natural person to uniquely identify the natural person for health purposes; information derived from the testing or examination of a body part or bodily substance, including from genetic data and biological samples; and any information on, for example, a disease, disability, disease risk, medical history, clinical treatment or the physiological or biomedical state of the data subject independent of its source, for example from a physician or other health professional, a hospital, a medical device or an in vitro diagnostic test.

(36)

The main establishment of a controller in the Union should be the place of its central administration in the Union, unless the decisions on the purposes and means of the processing of personal data are taken in another establishment of the controller in the Union, in which case that other establishment should be considered to be the main establishment. The main establishment of a controller in the Union should be determined according to objective criteria and should imply the effective and real exercise of management activities determining the main decisions as to the purposes and means of processing through stable arrangements. That criterion should not depend on whether the processing of personal data is carried out at that location. The presence and use of technical means and technologies for processing personal data or processing activities do not, in themselves, constitute a main establishment and are therefore not determining criteria for a main establishment. The main establishment of the processor should be the place of its central administration in the Union or, if it has no central administration in the Union, the place where the main processing activities take place in the Union. In cases involving both the controller and the processor, the competent lead supervisory authority should remain the supervisory authority of the Member State where the controller has its main establishment, but the supervisory authority of the processor should be considered to be a supervisory authority concerned and that supervisory authority should participate in the cooperation procedure provided for by this Regulation. In any case, the supervisory authorities of the Member State or Member States where the processor has one or more establishments should not be considered to be supervisory authorities concerned where the draft decision concerns only the controller. Where the processing is carried out by a group of undertakings, the main establishment of the controlling undertaking should be considered to be the main establishment of the group of undertakings, except where the purposes and means of processing are determined by another undertaking.

(37)

A group of undertakings should cover a controlling undertaking and its controlled undertakings, whereby the controlling undertaking should be the undertaking which can exert a dominant influence over the other undertakings by virtue, for example, of ownership, financial participation or the rules which govern it or the power to have personal data protection rules implemented. An undertaking which controls the processing of personal data in undertakings affiliated to it should be regarded, together with those undertakings, as a group of undertakings.

(38)

Children merit specific protection with regard to their personal data, as they may be less aware of the risks, consequences and safeguards concerned and their rights in relation to the processing of personal data. Such specific protection should, in particular, apply to the use of personal data of children for the purposes of marketing or creating personality or user profiles and the collection of personal data with regard to children when using services offered directly to a child. The consent of the holder of parental responsibility should not be necessary in the context of preventive or counselling services offered directly to a child.

(39)

Any processing of personal data should be lawful and fair. It should be transparent to natural persons that personal data concerning them are collected, used, consulted or otherwise processed and to what extent the personal data are or will be processed. The principle of transparency requires that any information and communication relating to the processing of those personal data be easily accessible and easy to understand, and that clear and plain language be used. That principle concerns, in particular, information to the data subjects on the identity of the controller and the purposes of the processing and further information to ensure fair and transparent processing in respect of the natural persons concerned and their right to obtain confirmation and communication of personal data concerning them which are being processed. Natural persons should be made aware of risks, rules, safeguards and rights in relation to the processing of personal data and how to exercise their rights in relation to such processing. In particular, the specific purposes for which personal data are processed should be explicit and legitimate and determined at the time of the collection of the personal data. The personal data should be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. This requires, in particular, ensuring that the period for which the personal data are stored is limited to a strict minimum. Personal data should be processed only if the purpose of the processing could not reasonably be fulfilled by other means. In order to ensure that the personal data are not kept longer than necessary, time limits should be established by the controller for erasure or for a periodic review. Every reasonable step should be taken to ensure that personal data which are inaccurate are rectified or deleted. Personal data should be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security and confidentiality of the personal data, including for preventing unauthorised access to or use of personal data and the equipment used for the processing.

(40)

In order for processing to be lawful, personal data should be processed on the basis of the consent of the data subject concerned or some other legitimate basis, laid down by law, either in this Regulation or in other Union or Member State law as referred to in this Regulation, including the necessity for compliance with the legal obligation to which the controller is subject or the necessity for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.

(41)

Where this Regulation refers to a legal basis or a legislative measure, this does not necessarily require a legislative act adopted by a parliament, without prejudice to requirements pursuant to the constitutional order of the Member State concerned. However, such a legal basis or legislative measure should be clear and precise and its application should be foreseeable to persons subject to it, in accordance with the case-law of the Court of Justice of the European Union (the ‘Court of Justice’) and the European Court of Human Rights.

(76)

The likelihood and severity of the risk to the rights and freedoms of the data subject should be determined by reference to the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing. Risk should be evaluated on the basis of an objective assessment, by which it is established whether data processing operations involve a risk or a high risk.

(77)

Guidance on the implementation of appropriate measures and on the demonstration of compliance by the controller or the processor, especially as regards the identification of the risk related to the processing, their assessment in terms of origin, nature, likelihood and severity, and the identification of best practices to mitigate the risk, could be provided in particular by means of approved codes of conduct, approved certifications, guidelines provided by the Board or indications provided by a data protection officer. The Board may also issue guidelines on processing operations that are considered to be unlikely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons and indicate what measures may be sufficient in such cases to address such risk.

(78)

The protection of the rights and freedoms of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data require that appropriate technical and organisational measures be taken to ensure that the requirements of this Regulation are met. In order to be able to demonstrate compliance with this Regulation, the controller should adopt internal policies and implement measures which meet in particular the principles of data protection by design and data protection by default. Such measures could consist, inter alia, of minimising the processing of personal data, pseudonymising personal data as soon as possible, transparency with regard to the functions and processing of personal data, enabling the data subject to monitor the data processing, enabling the controller to create and improve security features. When developing, designing, selecting and using applications, services and products that are based on the processing of personal data or process personal data to fulfil their task, producers of the products, services and applications should be encouraged to take into account the right to data protection when developing and designing such products, services and applications and, with due regard to the state of the art, to make sure that controllers and processors are able to fulfil their data protection obligations. The principles of data protection by design and by default should also be taken into consideration in the context of public tenders.

(79)

The protection of the rights and freedoms of data subjects as well as the responsibility and liability of controllers and processors, also in relation to the monitoring by and measures of supervisory authorities, requires a clear allocation of the responsibilities under this Regulation, including where a controller determines the purposes and means of the processing jointly with other controllers or where a processing operation is carried out on behalf of a controller.

Article 91

Existing data protection rules of churches and religious associations

1.   Where in a Member State, churches and religious associations or communities apply, at the time of entry into force of this Regulation, comprehensive rules relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to processing, such rules may continue to apply, provided that they are brought into line with this Regulation.

2.   Churches and religious associations which apply comprehensive rules in accordance with paragraph 1 of this Article shall be subject to the supervision of an independent supervisory authority, which may be specific, provided that it fulfils the conditions laid down in Chapter VI of this Regulation.

CHAPTER X

Delegated acts and implementing acts

Article 92

Exercise of the delegation

1.   The power to adopt delegated acts is conferred on the Commission subject to the conditions laid down in this Article.

2.   The delegation of power referred to in Article 12(Cool and Article 43(Cool shall be conferred on the Commission for an indeterminate period of time from 24 May 2016.

3.   The delegation of power referred to in Article 12(Cool and Article 43(Cool may be revoked at any time by the European Parliament or by the Council. A decision of revocation shall put an end to the delegation of power specified in that decision. It shall take effect the day following that of its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union or at a later date specified therein. It shall not affect the validity of any delegated acts already in force.

4.   As soon as it adopts a delegated act, the Commission shall notify it simultaneously to the European Parliament and to the Council.

5.   A delegated act adopted pursuant to Article 12(Cool and Article 43(Cool shall enter into force only if no objection has been expressed by either the European Parliament or the Council within a period of three months of notification of that act to the European Parliament and the Council or if, before the expiry of that period, the European Parliament and the Council have both informed the Commission that they will not object. That period shall be extended by three months at the initiative of the European Parliament or of the Council.

Article 93

Committee procedure

1.   The Commission shall be assisted by a committee. That committee shall be a committee within the meaning of Regulation (EU) No 182/2011.

2.   Where reference is made to this paragraph, Article 5 of Regulation (EU) No 182/2011 shall apply.

3.   Where reference is made to this paragraph, Article 8 of Regulation (EU) No 182/2011, in conjunction with Article 5 thereof, shall apply.

CHAPTER XI

Final provisions

Article 94

Repeal of Directive 95/46/EC

1.   Directive 95/46/EC is repealed with effect from 25 May 2018.

2.   References to the repealed Directive shall be construed as references to this Regulation. References to the Working Party on the Protection of Individuals with regard to the Processing of Personal Data established by Article 29 of Directive 95/46/EC shall be construed as references to the European Data Protection Board established by this Regulation.

Article 95

Relationship with Directive 2002/58/EC

This Regulation shall not impose additional obligations on natural or legal persons in relation to processing in connection with the provision of publicly available electronic communications services in public communication networks in the Union in relation to matters for which they are subject to specific obligations with the same objective set out in Directive 2002/58/EC.

Article 96

Relationship with previously concluded Agreements

International agreements involving the transfer of personal data to third countries or international organisations which were concluded by Member States prior to 24 May 2016, and which comply with Union law as applicable prior to that date, shall remain in force until amended, replaced or revoked.

Article 97

Commission reports

1.   By 25 May 2020 and every four years thereafter, the Commission shall submit a report on the evaluation and review of this Regulation to the European Parliament and to the Council. The reports shall be made public.

2.   In the context of the evaluations and reviews referred to in paragraph 1, the Commission shall examine, in particular, the application and functioning of:

(a)

Chapter V on the transfer of personal data to third countries or international organisations with particular regard to decisions adopted pursuant to Article 45(3) of this Regulation and decisions adopted on the basis of Article 25(6) of Directive 95/46/EC;

(b)

Chapter VII on cooperation and consistency.

3.   For the purpose of paragraph 1, the Commission may request information from Member States and supervisory authorities.

4.   In carrying out the evaluations and reviews referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2, the Commission shall take into account the positions and findings of the European Parliament, of the Council, and of other relevant bodies or sources.

5.   The Commission shall, if necessary, submit appropriate proposals to amend this Regulation, in particular taking into account of developments in information technology and in the light of the state of progress in the information society.

Article 98

Review of other Union legal acts on data protection

The Commission shall, if appropriate, submit legislative proposals with a view to amending other Union legal acts on the protection of personal data, in order to ensure uniform and consistent protection of natural persons with regard to processing. This shall in particular concern the rules relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to processing by Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.

Article 99

Entry into force and application

1.   This Regulation shall enter into force on the twentieth day following that of its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union.

This Regulation shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States.

Done at Brussels, 27 April 2016.

For the European Parliament

The President

M. SCHULZ

For the Council

The President

J.A. HENNIS-PLASSCHAERT

We already updated your partner in the support ticket yesterday with all the information we can provide at this time. The deposit is on hold because we've found something with the account that requires further investigation. We expect to have another update for you sometime tomorrow, though it could possibly take a bit longer. We understand it's frustrating and are working to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:13:47 PM

This is a prime example or rather worst case scenario for the Pareto Principle.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:48:36 PM

This is a prime example or rather worst case scenario for the Pareto Principle.
He is definitely just a 1%, thankfully.

Kinda acting like a shill for the two companies in his sig!   
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:43:49 PM

@cashintor1,

what a shame  Roll Eyes...
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 04:14:14 PM

RED ALERT - EUROPEAN CITIZENS - DO NOT DEPOSIT FUNDS TO KRAKEN - THEY ARE NOT LEGAL IN EUROPE!

They refuse to refund my partner's 445 Euro deposited via SEPA bank transfer and after a week without a response to a support ticket due to the 'hold' and now asking for a bunch of documents just to 'hold' her funds and use them to profit during the Bitcoin price increase due to the block halving and other factors but they are not certified for and breaking the European privacy law as a US company and might be penalized by administrative orders and civil penalties of up to $16,000 per day for violations.

We replied in the ticket over 12 hours ago saying that we are returning the funds to the bank account they came from, so we are NOT holding the funds on the condition that further documents be provided. We have requested further information and documentation in order to help clear up some discrepancies we found with the account. However, this is only required in order to continue using the account.   
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:22:52 PM

Is there currently any delay known in depositing ether?

My tx has 500+ confirmations and still not showing up! I've already filed a support request.  Sad

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 12:14:39 AM

Is there currently any delay known in depositing ether?

My tx has 500+ confirmations and still not showing up! I've already filed a support request.  Sad

Not that I'm aware of - please PM your ticket number to me and we can take a look.
babar123

Activity: 481
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 12:45:37 AM

Hi maybe you could help me: i ha  on my account on kraken 1 BTC, price of BTC was 674 euros, yesterday night i create an advanced order : take profit : 696 euros, stop loss : 645 euros (no limit)
But today i see that the market reached 696 euros during the night and still the order is untouched... why?
Ethey

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 01:00:53 AM

Hi maybe you could help me: i ha  on my account on kraken 1 BTC, price of BTC was 674 euros, yesterday night i create an advanced order : take profit : 696 euros, stop loss : 645 euros (no limit)
But today i see that the market reached 696 euros during the night and still the order is untouched... why?

could you load up a screenshot of the Order? Sometimes the Orders are stuck and already done. You could cancel the order and watch oput what happens. Maybe you will already see your xbtc balance or maybe you have to do an new order. Try to be sure to a clear Number "1.3521232" and no BTC out of the Copy on it.

Maybe this will help

regards

babar123

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 01:16:42 AM

could you load up a screenshot of the Order? Sometimes the Orders are stuck and already done. You could cancel the order and watch oput what happens. Maybe you will already see your xbtc balance or maybe you have to do an new order. Try to be sure to a clear Number  and no BTC out of the Copy on it.

Maybe this will help

regards
[/here is the pic : http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=451834kraken.png

i checked my balance it didnt move
babar123

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 01:56:41 AM

did I make it right ?( I dont understand
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: