Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:35:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628601 times)
cashintor1

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

BUY/SELL BTC via WU/PayPal +33*758788429 +WhatsAPP

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 01:49:40 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 02:22:20 PM by cashintor1

Hi Joshua or anybody behind this 'Dargo' kraken account - this is me!

Your opinion about security is VERY contradictory!

You wrote here - '(email accounts can be hacked)' and you expect me to answer all these security sensitive questions via my free outlook email account? I sent you a disposable link with a password which can be opened just once and you refused to proceed because your staff 'is not allowed to open links' - strange thing is the IT security sometimes guys... Is this really IT professional from an IT security department perspective or an IT professional perspective?  Or what is this? Please take this a note or feedback guys!

Why don't you just call me or give me your number to call you from a secure line to answer all your questions? Pretty much easier and secure approach as proven by all the big good financial institutions so no more precious time wasted?

My account got temporary disabled due to pass change. I opened a support ticket and got a reply to answer like 10 stupid questions...So damn frustrating. Not worth the hassle and my time.. Cannot you identify your users simply like the normal exchanges?

I better continue trading on btc-e.com hassle free like always.

Is this a joke?

Maybe they believed in themselves too much like their shit doesn't smell...

I used to do €XXXXX volume on kraken but i am disappointed now.

Advice to regular users who give kraken good business and fees - do not make simple changes like changing your password.

We understand that the account access questions are an inconvenience, but we are very security focused and think that this kind of inconvenience is worth it to better secure your account. Identifying our users "simply" without something like this would mean doing things like going by the email address you use to contact us (and other things), which we do of course check, but none of theses things proves your identity (email accounts can be hacked) so we think it's worthwhile to do something extra.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmltd

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 03:04:54 PM

... you refused to proceed because your staff 'is not allowed to open links' - strange thing is the IT security sometimes guys...

That is the No 1 rule in the security implementation to prevent hacking (Phishing - link manipulation) by many companies that have security policies enacted.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101: how to avoid scams / ponzis  ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
####### Never ever invest more than you can afford to lose #######
cashintor1

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

BUY/SELL BTC via WU/PayPal +33*758788429 +WhatsAPP

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 09:38:07 PM

... you refused to proceed because your staff 'is not allowed to open links' - strange thing is the IT security sometimes guys...

That is the No 1 rule in the security implementation to prevent hacking (Phishing - link manipulation) by many companies that have security policies enacted.

Hey mate I am not here to educate about security but do you know what phishing exactly is?

'Nothing beats education when it comes to phishing attack.'

Do you know about the 'loners' - Company's IT department computers not connected to the network but only to the Internet used for security analysis?

The following part of an article might be of interest:

Phishing Attack Prevention: How to Identify & Avoid Phishing Scams
Last Updated: Thursday March 31, 2016

By Nate Lord

Phishing attacks are one of the most common security challenges that both individuals and companies face in keeping their information secure. Whether it's getting access to passwords, credit cards, or other sensitive information, hackers are using email, social media, phone calls, and any form of communication they can to steal valuable data. Businesses, of course, are a particularly worthwhile target.

To help businesses better understand how they can work to avoid falling victim to phishing attacks, we asked a number of security experts to share their view of the most common ways that companies are subjected to phishing attacks and how businesses can prevent them. Below you'll find responses to the question we posed:

"How do companies fall victim to phishing attacks and how can they prevent them?"
Meet Our Panel of Data Security Experts:

Tiffany Tucker
    Arthur Zilberman
    Mike Meikle
    Steve Spearman
    Frank Bradshaw
    Dave Jevans
    Greg Scott

Jared Schemanski
    Luis Chapetti
    Felix Odigie
    Abhish Saha
    Jayson Street
    Patrick Peterson
    Daniel DiGriz
    Greg Kelley

David Ting
    Bill Ho
    Luke Zheng
    Derek Dwilson
    Amit Ashbel
    Ashley Schwartau
    Peter Moeller
    Nick Santora

Tiffany Tucker

@ChelseaTech

Tiffany Tucker is a Systems Engineer at Chelsea Technologies. She's worked in the IT field for about 10 years. She has a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and a Master's degree in IT Administration & Security.

The one mistake companies make that leaves them vulnerable to phishing attacks is...

Not having the right tools in place and failing to train employees on their role in information security.

Employees possess credentials and overall knowledge that is critical to the success of a breach of the company's security. One of the ways in which an intruder obtains this protected information is via phishing. The purpose of phishing is to collect sensitive information with the intention of using that information to gain access to otherwise protected data, networks, etc. A phisher's success is contingent upon establishing trust with its victims. We live in a digital age, and gathering information has become much easier as we are well beyond the dumpster diving days.

There are various phishing techniques used by attackers:

Embedding a link in an email that redirects your employee to an unsecure website that requests sensitive information
    Installing a Trojan via a malicious email attachment or ad which will allow the intruder to exploit loopholes and obtain sensitive information
    Spoofing the sender address in an email to appear as a reputable source and request sensitive information
    Attempting to obtain company information over the phone by impersonating a known company vendor or IT department

Here are a few steps a company can take to protect itself against phishing:

Educate your employees and conduct training sessions with mock phishing scenarios.
    Deploy a SPAM filter that detects viruses, blank senders, etc.
    Keep all systems current with the latest security patches and updates.
    Install an antivirus solution, schedule signature updates, and monitor the antivirus status on all equipment.
    Develop a security policy that includes but isn't limited to password expiration and complexity.
    Deploy a web filter to block malicious websites.
    Encrypt all sensitive company information.
    Convert HTML email into text only email messages or disable HTML email messages.
    Require encryption for employees that are telecommuting.

There are multiple steps a company can take to protect against phishing. They must keep a pulse on the current phishing strategies and confirm their security policies and solutions can eliminate threats as they evolve. It is equally as important to make sure that their employees understand the types of attacks they may face, the risks, and how to address them. Informed employees and properly secured systems are key when protecting your company from phishing attacks.

Read more from the Source: https://digitalguardian.com/blog/phishing-attack-prevention-how-identify-avoid-phishing-scams

( Not a phishing link Cheesy

btc-x.is

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:53:30 AM

Hello
My account ID:AA66 N84G VJJE J6CY.This is first time use Kraken service.
Please verify for my Tier 4.Money hold on your system is not fair for business.
VLT_consultans

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:12:27 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2016, 07:04:26 AM by VLT_consultans

Thank you! Problem was solved
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:19:02 PM

Hi there
My name is Oleg Speka, we try to work with kraken, send SEPA transaction 20 april, but still kraken didnt provide verification, didnot add money to balance,
didnot send transaction back..
My partners think that kraken is scam, support dont answer for 5-7 days..
Up to you, kraken..

Best regards, Oleg Speka and Peter Zimmer (Vlt_Consultants)
of course kraken is not scam.
PM Dargo your ticket number and I'm sure he will speed up the support.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:47:38 PM

Hi there
My name is Oleg Speka, we try to work with kraken, send SEPA transaction 20 april, but still kraken didnt provide verification, didnot add money to balance,
didnot send transaction back..
My partners think that kraken is scam, support dont answer for 5-7 days..
Up to you, kraken..

Best regards, Oleg Speka and Peter Zimmer (Vlt_Consultants)
of course kraken is not scam.
PM Dargo your ticket number and I'm sure he will speed up the support.

Yes, please DM me your support request number and I will look into this for you.
VLT_consultans

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:44:33 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2016, 07:04:55 AM by VLT_consultans

Thanks problem was solved
VLT_consultans

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 07:19:37 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2016, 07:05:12 AM by VLT_consultans

Thank you, problem was solved
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 07:50:43 AM

Hello
Joseph provide 2 answers but did not solve our request.
We wait 2 !! weeks after transaction and wait more than 1 week after all AML, KYC documents were send.
Please, Kraken, send our money back or add to balance and provide verification.

Best regards, Oleg and Peter

Hi - I'm very sorry about the delay with this. We received a SWIFT message from your bank requesting the return of the deposit and it was sent back from our end last week. You should have received it by now and I'm not sure why you haven't. We will ask our bank to reply to the SWIFT message to confirm receipt of the funds and that should help to get things straightened out. Also, I will DM you just to confirm that we're talking about the same deposit.

VLT_consultans

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:25:50 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2016, 10:26:32 AM by VLT_consultans

Problem was solved. Thanks.
VLT_consultans

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:56:59 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2016, 10:26:04 AM by VLT_consultans

Thank you for service. But the biggest problem its very slow support responce. For 1 request we can wait more than week.
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:15:17 PM

Settle Position

Thank you very much this this fantastic feature! Smiley

I have some questions:
1) I tried to place one settle position, buy 0.05 BTC with 1.5 Leverage. But I can't define a price, why? And when I try to place it, it says "invalid position". Do I have to open a margin position first?

2) In your information email you say, that a settle position would be free of charge, because there would be no market action. But why is there no market action? If I place a settle position buy order for 1 BTC at 400€/BTC you have to buy this 1 BTC at that price, otherwise it would not be possible for you to give me that 1 bTC at 400€/BTC after I close the position.  Or do I understand it wrong?

3) Also in your email you give the example, that if someone has only bitcoins in his account and want to buy some more bitcoins, he can make a settle position. That would mean the previous btc in the account would be the colateral? So if the price was 400€/BTC before and the leverage of 2 was used, and then the prcie goes down to 300€/BTC that would mean that also the colateral lost value, which will result in a faster margin call, right?

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:24:25 PM

Hello
Joseph provide 2 answers but did not solve our request.
We wait 2 !! weeks after transaction and wait more than 1 week after all AML, KYC documents were send.
Please, Kraken, send our money back or add to balance and provide verification.

Best regards, Oleg and Peter

Hi - I'm very sorry about the delay with this. We received a SWIFT message from your bank requesting the return of the deposit and it was sent back from our end last week. You should have received it by now and I'm not sure why you haven't. We will ask our bank to reply to the SWIFT message to confirm receipt of the funds and that should help to get things straightened out. Also, I will DM you just to confirm that we're talking about the same deposit.

I`m very sorry too, we have received money back from your Kraken system. Now we want to send new KYC and AML documents (where i`m director too) and can you accept new TIER FOUR verification? Thank you for help. we think we can try to work with your system

Glad to hear you got the money back - I'm not sure why you want to do a new tier 4 verification, but please contact us through support on this.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:28:23 PM

Can we make deposit using USD? When we click usd deposit in account system dont show any bank details.
Can you send bank details by email or in private message?
thank you, Oleg, Piter

Since EUR deposits are available to you, that is definitely your best option (our EUR payments are much faster and easier compared to USD). If you don't see USD bank details or instructions for making a deposit, it probably means that USD deposits aren't available to you.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 03:52:59 PM

Settle Position

Thank you very much this this fantastic feature! Smiley

Glad you like it!

I have some questions:
1) I tried to place one settle position, buy 0.05 BTC with 1.5 Leverage. But I can't define a price, why? And when I try to place it, it says "invalid position". Do I have to open a margin position first?

Position settlement is essentially an alternative way of closing a margin position, so you have to open a margin position before you can settle it. You can't define a price because the price of the settle order is determined by the average fill price of the order used to open the position.

2) In your information email you say, that a settle position would be free of charge, because there would be no market action. But why is there no market action? If I place a settle position buy order for 1 BTC at 400€/BTC you have to buy this 1 BTC at that price, otherwise it would not be possible for you to give me that 1 bTC at 400€/BTC after I close the position.  Or do I understand it wrong?

Normally when a leveraged margin position is closed it is done by executing an opposing order on the open market (a sell order to close a long position or a buy order to close a short position). The opposing order serves to return the funds which are advanced to the trader to open the position. However, the same result can be achieved by returning the advanced funds directly from the trader's account balance with no trade executed on the open market - this is position settlement. Keep in mind that the entire process is not free end-to-end. You pay a trade fee to open margin positions and a margin fee to maintain them. The only free part is closing the position via settlement (closing the normal way by executing an opposing order also involves a trade fee).

3) Also in your email you give the example, that if someone has only bitcoins in his account and want to buy some more bitcoins, he can make a settle position. That would mean the previous btc in the account would be the colateral? So if the price was 400€/BTC before and the leverage of 2 was used, and then the prcie goes down to 300€/BTC that would mean that also the colateral lost value, which will result in a faster margin call, right?

In this case the trader would open a long position and is being advanced the EUR to do this. The advance is effectively collateralized by the bitcoin balance in the account. Then after the EUR deposit arrives a settle position order can be used to return the EUR that were advanced in return for the bitcoin the EUR were used to buy. But until the margin position is settled, it is subject to the same risk of margin call or even forced liquidation as any other margin position if the market moves quickly against the position. But the risk of margin call or liquidation depends on the size of the position relative to the value of the bitcoins in the account. You are pretty safe, for example, if you have 25 bitcoins in your account and open a long position for 10 bitcoins for a day or two until your funds arrive.
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:32:09 PM

@ Dargo, thank you very much for the explanation Smiley

Is there a FAQ or Guide which is as detailed as the description in the email for the whole process (with opening the margin position)? The Trading Guide seems to be not very detailed.

Another topic:
If you are at https://www.kraken.com/u/trade (or charts) and scroll down to the bottom. Hover the mouse over the "Trading Guide" link. You will see, that it will redirect you to https://www.kraken.com/redirect?url=  . I already wrote this to support some months ago, but it seems they don't care.
If you are at https://www.kraken.com/help/faq , the link to the Trading Guide is correct.

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 12:26:31 PM

@ Dargo, thank you very much for the explanation Smiley

Is there a FAQ or Guide which is as detailed as the description in the email for the whole process (with opening the margin position)? The Trading Guide seems to be not very detailed.

Yeah, the trading guide needs a revision to add more details and examples. Let me offer a quick crash course here that will hopefully answer most of the questions you have.

When placing margin orders everything in the order form works the same as it does for spot trades, because a leveraged margin position is just a spot trade executed through an advance financed by Kraken. For example, a long XBT/EUR position is opened by advancing the trader EUR to buy XBT in a spot trade. And a short XBT/EUR position is opened by advancing the trader XBT to sell for EUR in a spot trade.

So to create a margin order, you enter everything in the order form just as you would for a regular spot trade (the "Amount" field still determines the size of the order, the price parameters for the various order types work the same, etc.) - EXCEPT you select a level of leverage for the order. Selecting a level of leverage means that the order, if executed, will execute a spot trade through an advance financed by Kraken (rather than a spot trade executed directly from the balances in your account).

What about the different levels of leverage? The different levels of leverage just determine how much of your account balance is "tied" to the position as a kind of "collateral" for the advance used to open the position. For example, if you have 10 BTC in your account and open a 5 BTC long @5:1 leverage, then 1 BTC is tied to the position. Since only 1 BTC is tied to the position, you could withdraw up to 9 BTC, but not more, because that last 1 BTC is tied to the position. Similarly, the 9 BTC is available in your account as buying power for opening more positions or making other trades. With 5:1 leverage, you could open positions up to 50 BTC in total volume (but keep in mind that having positions that are much larger than the balance of your account puts you at greater risk of margin call/liquidation, so be very careful about doing this).

Alternatively, if you select 2:1 leverage instead of 5:1 leverage, then 2.5 BTC would be tied to the 5 BTC position. In this case you would only be able to withdraw up to 7.5 BTC and would only have 7.5 BTC buying power left for other trades.

The risk of your margin position to amplified losses or margin call/liquidation is really determined by the size of the position relative to your account balance (and not merely by the level of leverage you select). If you have a 10 BTC balance and open a 5 BTC position, the choice of 5:1 leverage over 2:1 leverage does not really make the position more risky. I think for most traders it's better to just choose the higher level of leverage leaving more buying power in the account, so long as the trader is mindful of not getting to the point where they have positions that are 5x the size of the account balance (but of course for some traders with very high risk tolerance, getting to this 5x level might be OK for their trading style).

Another key point to keep in mind is that not all currencies are "margin currencies" - i.e. currencies that can be "collateralized" for the advance. Currently the only margin currencies on Kraken are BTC, EUR, and USD. So, for example, if you only have ripples (XRP) in your account, you will not be able to margin trade at all.

Hope this helps!

Another topic:
If you are at https://www.kraken.com/u/trade (or charts) and scroll down to the bottom. Hover the mouse over the "Trading Guide" link. You will see, that it will redirect you to https://www.kraken.com/redirect?url=  . I already wrote this to support some months ago, but it seems they don't care.
If you are at https://www.kraken.com/help/faq , the link to the Trading Guide is correct.

Thanks - it's not that we don't care, just have too many other projects/distractions and this has been neglected. I'll see if we can get it fixed soon though.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 12:36:16 PM

Blog post about the "settle position" feature - it's very similar to the email we sent out to clients, but adds some additional explanation to make things clearer.

http://blog.kraken.com/post/143865496412/new-feature-cash-out-of-margin-positions-with
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 02:35:40 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2016, 12:34:14 PM by Serpens66

Yeah, the trading guide needs a revision to add more details and examples. Let me offer a quick crash course here that will hopefully answer most of the questions you have.
thank you very much! Smiley
Just some things I want to clarify:

- The Margin Call Level is 80%, that means if my leverage is 2:1 (and I don't have more balance) the price only has to move 40% (instead of 50%) in the wrong direction to be margin called?
- It is right, that I can choose which currency should be used as collateral? If so:

1) Go long for 5 BTC with 5:1 leverage with EUR as collateral VS 2) Go long for 5 BTC with 5:1 leverage with BTC as collateral.

1)
The price for the 5 BTC is 400€/BTC, so 400€ is locked for this margin position and I don't have more balance in my account.
Now the price goes down 16% (80% from 20%), I will be margin called and loose 80% from my 400€, right?

2)
The price for the 5 BTC is 400€/BTC, so 1BTC is locked for this margin position and I don't have more balance in my account.
Now the price goes down 8% to 368€/BTC. The problem I see now is, that my colleteral is less worth, than it was before. So my assumption is, that I will be margin called long before 16% price movement. Is this right?

edit:
why is the open amount of my margin order, after I tried to settle it, -2.67644522 ? I can`t close it because negative amount.
Ticket number: #98751

Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: