Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:35:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628601 times)
Bimbleminer

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 12:42:04 PM

Has anyone had a response recently from Kraken support as I've been waiting more than a fortnight to get a simple money transfer completed.

So currently my deposit is being withheld for no apparent reason and this level of support is unacceptable.

I'll PM the moderator and hopefully get a more positive response.

Got your PM and alerted support to your tickets.

Credit where it's due as Dargo has escalated my case and hopefully it will be processed shortly.

I've been using Kraken for a while and it's been one of the few exchanges where I can trade sterling in any volume so this is an unfortunate delay at a time I was hoping to make use of the recently announced buying services but we'll see.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 05:23:35 PM

Has anyone had a response recently from Kraken support as I've been waiting more than a fortnight to get a simple money transfer completed.

So currently my deposit is being withheld for no apparent reason and this level of support is unacceptable.

Two weeks also here, waiting for a response to my issue. Ive given up on Kraken. So many issues lately. The latest one, are orders that dont execute. Ive had 4 orders out of the last 100 or so, just sit there pending, when the market price has moved through the price of my order/s. Cost me a few hundred Euros, on one order, as the market moved abruptly, i watched for 2 mins waiting for it to execute. It didnt, so i had to cancel, and market buy my way out of the trade.

Horrible place to trade, lately, and the above issue now makes it dangerous. Wake up Jesse. People getting sick here, on the High Seas of Success. (that slogan makes me want to puke). 

I asked you on the 17th to PM me your ticket number, but didn't hear from you. The most expedient way to escalate your ticket at this point would be to just post your ticket number here in the thread since I've asked support to watch out for it. You can PM me the ticket number, but I won't be able to check my private messages for about 6 hours or so.

We did have an issue with some orders no executing during a period of extremely heavy trade volume. We are currently working to isolate the cause and fix it.
Yes, you did Drago. And i appreciate your efforts. But we are now talking about several issues, that are fundamental to a safe and acceptable place to exchange value, at all times. Also, the act of not replying to peoples support tickets, is obviously another fundamental no no. There doesnt seem to be any point in playing 'ticket' games anymore, with so much going on.   

The good news, is that you have posted update info that will hopefully deal with the technical issues.......ETA?
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 10:54:04 PM

Two weeks also here, waiting for a response to my issue. Ive given up on Kraken. So many issues lately. The latest one, are orders that dont execute. Ive had 4 orders out of the last 100 or so, just sit there pending, when the market price has moved through the price of my order/s. Cost me a few hundred Euros, on one order, as the market moved abruptly, i watched for 2 mins waiting for it to execute. It didnt, so i had to cancel, and market buy my way out of the trade.

Horrible place to trade, lately, and the above issue now makes it dangerous. Wake up Jesse. People getting sick here, on the High Seas of Success. (that slogan makes me want to puke). 

I asked you on the 17th to PM me your ticket number, but didn't hear from you. The most expedient way to escalate your ticket at this point would be to just post your ticket number here in the thread since I've asked support to watch out for it. You can PM me the ticket number, but I won't be able to check my private messages for about 6 hours or so.

We did have an issue with some orders no executing during a period of extremely heavy trade volume. We are currently working to isolate the cause and fix it.
Yes, you did Drago. And i appreciate your efforts. But we are now talking about several issues, that are fundamental to a safe and acceptable place to exchange value, at all times. Also, the act of not replying to peoples support tickets, is obviously another fundamental no no. There doesnt seem to be any point in playing 'ticket' games anymore, with so much going on.   

The good news, is that you have posted update info that will hopefully deal with the technical issues.......ETA?

It's not "ticket games," just a way to get your ticket escalated and addressed. But of course tickets should get fast response without having to do this. Our ticket volume suddenly exploded and support is still working from a long backlog. We've hired more support agents, but won't see their impact for a while yet until they're fully trained. I don't have an ETA on fixing the technical issue. It's very difficult to reproduce, only appearing sometimes under extreme trade volume, making it hard to reproduce, diagnose, and fix.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:44:50 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 08:55:28 AM by stereotype

It's not "ticket games," just a way to get your ticket escalated and addressed. But of course tickets should get fast response without having to do this. Our ticket volume suddenly exploded and support is still working from a long backlog. We've hired more support agents, but won't see their impact for a while yet until they're fully trained. I don't have an ETA on fixing the technical issue. It's very difficult to reproduce, only appearing sometimes under extreme trade volume, making it hard to reproduce, diagnose, and fix.
From my (and others here) experience, you dont get to tell me what your ticket system is, or isnt. Its obviously very very broke, and pointless to use. I dont want to be escalated above any other ticket. I just want things to work as expected. Jesse needs a rocket up his arse, to let things slide this much.

Probably hard to reproduce, because you think it has something to do with "extreme trade volume". I watched 2 of my trades not execute for 2 mins.......no volume of any significance whatsoever. I done it on purpose (if there was volume, i would have closed @market, to protect my backside), to see if it was just delayed. It was not. It conclusively failed to execute.....with very 'normal' volume in play. So with that in mind, why are you using this "volume" excuse anyway? Did those orders you are currently investigating eventually trigger?? Also, "volume" is relative. Whats your idea of high volume? Surely your trading engine decides throughput......your ancient, slow, 1990's, shitty pseudo auto/manual refresh, not-fit-for-purpose, trading backend............ETA for new?
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:31:42 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 08:01:41 PM by Dargo

From my (and others here) experience, you dont get to tell me what your ticket system is, or isnt. Its obviously very very broke, and pointless to use. I dont want to be escalated above any other ticket. I just want things to work as expected. Jesse needs a rocket up his arse, to let things slide this much.

I simply disagreed with your "ticket games" characterization, which I certainly have the right to do. If people ask for help with their tickets in this thread, I'm going to help them and it's not a game. Our ticket system isn't pointless to use either - our support team helps hundreds of clients every day. Yes, support has problems and there's a backlog with unacceptable delays, but support isn't completely broken. The time it's taking to respond to your ticket may not be representative, because we prioritize tickets. Your ticket may have been prioritized incorrectly, but I can't know without getting the ticket number. If you're interested in helping us improve the ticket system, it would be helpful to give me the ticket number so I can take a look and see why it hasn't had a response yet.  

Probably hard to reproduce, because you think it has something to do with "extreme trade volume". I watched 2 of my trades not execute for 2 mins.......no volume of any significance whatsoever. I done it on purpose (if there was volume, i would have closed @market, to protect my backside), to see if it was just delayed. It was not. It conclusively failed to execute.....with very 'normal' volume in play. So with that in mind, why are you using this "volume" excuse anyway? Did those orders you are currently investigating eventually trigger?? Also, "volume" is relative. Whats your idea of high volume? Surely your trading engine decides throughput......your ancient, slow, 1990's, shitty pseudo auto/manual refresh, not-fit-for-purpose, trading backend............ETA for new?

So far as I know the issue has only appeared during times when the trade engine is under heavy load. If you experienced the issue when volume was more normal then it would be good to know exactly when it happened (again it would be helpful to see your ticket if it includes that info). Our developers are of course investigating many possibilities in trying to reproduce and diagnose the problem, not just assuming it's caused by heavy volume. Heavy volume couldn't be the full story anyway, because it doesn't always occur under heavy volume and doesn't affect everyone when it does happen. The orders never execute because they effectively get cancelled (though they don't show as being cancelled in your account).  As I said before, a new UI will come before a new trade engine, but I don't have an ETA for either at this time.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:39:37 PM

@Dargo: Excuse my ignorance here, or if this is already been addressed and answered before. Is Kraken able to provide an AML/KYC information sheet when a user is selling his mined BTC/Altcoins and withdraws the equivalent money to his bank account? ie: say I mined 8 BTCs all these years and I want to cash out some of those. In Germany there's a legislation that BTC is considered "Private Money" with a specific direction that "if you hold your coins for more than a year, then you're not obliged to pay tax", but in other countries say (ie: in Greece) there's a directive that this is "hidden wealth" and you might get a fine if you don't provide an AML/KYC.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:02:51 PM

@Dargo: Excuse my ignorance here, or if this is already been addressed and answered before. Is Kraken able to provide an AML/KYC information sheet when a user is selling his mined BTC/Altcoins and withdraws the equivalent money to his bank account? ie: say I mined 8 BTCs all these years and I want to cash out some of those. In Germany there's a legislation that BTC is considered "Private Money" with a specific direction that "if you hold your coins for more than a year, then you're not obliged to pay tax", but in other countries say (ie: in Greece) there's a directive that this is "hidden wealth" and you might get a fine if you don't provide an AML/KYC.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Are you asking if we provide information on the tax implications of selling bitcoin in various countries? If so, the answer is no.
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:36:48 PM

He needs to prove that his coins have already been subject to aml/kyc.  
Which they have, because Kraken does aml/kyc.
He just needs to prove it, and to do so he needs documentation from Kraken.
That's why he asks, "Is Kraken able to provide an AML/KYC information sheet?"
Macsga is Greek, and must prove his coins are known under kyc/aml, not hidden.
He explained that.  He's not asking you what he needs under tax law, he's telling you exactly what he needs and wants to know that you can provide it.
macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:54:57 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 09:51:22 PM by macsga

He explained that.  He's not asking you what he needs under tax law, he's telling you exactly what he needs and wants to know that you can provide it.

Thanks for clarifying this Millionero, that's exactly what I'm asking. We're bound to several awkward regulations afaic tax here in Greece the last 8y with the last one being to "Reveal hidden wealth". That includes silver/gold coins, paintings, horses(!) etc. So I really wonder If I sell 2-3 coins at Kraken and then transfer the money to my bank account, if it'll backfire at me. If so, I really don't want to do it. Undecided

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 11:19:13 PM

He explained that.  He's not asking you what he needs under tax law, he's telling you exactly what he needs and wants to know that you can provide it.

Thanks for clarifying this Millionero, that's exactly what I'm asking. We're bound to several awkward regulations afaic tax here in Greece the last 8y with the last one being to "Reveal hidden wealth". That includes silver/gold coins, paintings, horses(!) etc. So I really wonder If I sell 2-3 coins at Kraken and then transfer the money to my bank account, if it'll backfire at me. If so, I really don't want to do it. Undecided

I'm not sure what Greek authorities would require for this. So far as I know we don't have any kind of official document for this, but if you contact support we could probably write something up for you. Of course the assets would only be "known" under Kraken's KYC after you transfer them to us.
macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 08:59:08 AM

I'm not sure what Greek authorities would require for this. So far as I know we don't have any kind of official document for this, but if you contact support we could probably write something up for you. Of course the assets would only be "known" under Kraken's KYC after you transfer them to us.

Thanks Dargo.

romantic1

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:07:07 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2017, 01:00:22 PM by romantic1

Hello,
My daily deposit limit is 25000$, If yesterday at 14:00 my 24000$ deposit arrived and then today at 13:00 my 23000$ deposit arrive, will I exceed my daily limit ? Sometimes I want to deposit much money to buy bitcoin but I can not control what time they arrive.
Best regards,
I sent this email to support 7 days ago but still no answer.
I ask this question because of this:
"Don't exceed your daily or monthly funding limits. If you exceed the limits, your account will be frozen until you get verified for higher limits, or until the funds are returned to you."
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 05:13:59 PM

Hello,
My daily deposit limit is 25000$, If yesterday at 14:00 my 24000$ deposit arrived and then today at 13:00 my 23000$ deposit arrive, will I exceed my daily limit ? Sometimes I want to deposit much money to buy bitcoin but I can not control what time they arrive.
Best regards,
I sent this email to support 7 days ago but still no answer.
I ask this question because of this:
"Don't exceed your daily or monthly funding limits. If you exceed the limits, your account will be frozen until you get verified for higher limits, or until the funds are returned to you."

The funding limit works on a 24 hour rolling window, so for two deposits arriving < 24 hours apart and totaling more than your limit, the second deposit will be held. If it's just an isolated incident we can in some cases credit the deposit, so we try to be a bit flexible, though you should create a support ticket about it. We understand that you don't have control over the time when bank deposits land in your account and we need to make the system a little friendlier to this. But clients should also understand that the daily limit isn't intended as a limit that you can max out for several days in a row on a regular basis. If you find yourself needing to do this, it means that you need a higher tier with higher limits.   
Bimbleminer

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:34:00 AM

Got your PM and alerted support to your tickets.

Credit where it's due as Dargo has escalated my case and hopefully it will be processed shortly.

I've been using Kraken for a while and it's been one of the few exchanges where I can trade sterling in any volume so this is an unfortunate delay at a time I was hoping to make use of the recently announced buying services but we'll see.

I think this issue needs addressing maybe with a statement as it appears Kraken are having major issues with Paycash GBP/USD money deposits and the service has now been suspended!

I'm still waiting for a deposit to be completed and my bank have not been able to get a response either.

So what's going on behind the scenes?

I saw recently that the Daimler group have acquired PayCash Europe is this related and causing the delays?
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 08:14:00 AM

Re: that dump this morning......

Stay away from this exchange. Any meaningful price moves in BTC, results in refresh hangs lasting minutes. You will not be able to trade and/or get out of your position, if stops are not in place......and even then, they have a bug with some limit orders not executing.

This exchange is not fit for purpose. Avoid like the plague, until they change their engine and GUI.
BitcoinPlusBus
Legendary

Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 11:47:30 AM

Please consider adding BitcoinPlus [XBC] to Bittrex.We are no 200 on coinmarketcap and listed with coinpayments and cointopay.We also are listed on Poloniex,cryptopia and coinexchange.   

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066201.0

Is there a voting process on KRAKEN to get coins added?
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 11:56:53 AM

Stay away from this exchange. Any meaningful price moves in BTC, results in refresh hangs lasting minutes. You will not be able to trade and/or get out of your position, if stops are not in place......and even then, they have a bug with some limit orders not executing.

This exchange is not fit for purpose. Avoid like the plague, until they change their engine and GUI.

I agree with you I only use Kraken to buy or sell bitcoins but never to trade. It's confortable for me only for send/receive quicky Euros with SEPA transfers.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:45:40 PM

I agree with you I only use Kraken to buy or sell bitcoins but never to trade. It's confortable for me only for send/receive quicky Euros with SEPA transfers.
Yep. Its great for that. And for what its worth, i rate their security, thus far. What pisses me off, is that its 2017. Their platform behaves like a certain exchange did 4 years ago.
Didnt realise the Japanese authorities wanted Krakens involvement, not for their experience......but to replicate what went wrong on the platform!

@Kraken. I dont want your offered $20 against trading fees. I just want Bitcoin exchanges to be fit for 2017, and beyond.

klama98

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:05:01 PM

Hi guys,
Sorry I need a bit of help with kraken's "conditional close" function...
Say I want to sell all my bitcoins for USD when price is 1100, and then I want to "buy back" bitcoins when price is reaching again 1000 (assuming price will drop once USD 1000 hit).
Is it possible to do this using conditional close ?
Thanks for your precious help.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:50:26 PM

If you have a Fidor bank account can you make instant deposits and withdrawals to the Kraken through it? The Kraken has a Fidor bank account, and a reddit post claims deposits/withdrawals between Kraken and Fidor are instant. Can anyone confirm it please?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4tyr95/instant_depositwithdrawal_on_kraken/
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: