Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:27:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:43:56 AM

1.2 miner DIY Kit has arrived and the packaging is awful. The chassis is bent and some of the cards don't have screws holding them in place.

2/5 cards have 2 screws
2/5 cards have 1 screw
1/5 cards have no screws

and no instructions on how to get this thing up and going.

Good job amt.

mine was bent too. It's looking less and less like a mistake and more like a cool new feature!

Well consider yourself lucky that it is only bent!  I have two boards with the power connectors completely torn off!

Going to have to figure out how to get this replaced.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:44:06 AM

AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:04:02 AM

NO miner is ever sent out without boards screwed in, period. This is ridiculous.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:05:53 AM

The AMT administrative office is not open on Saturdays or Sundays so that would not be possible. Surely someone will get back to you on Monday regarding your request for pickup.

We're still working and shipping out over the weekend

Yes, you can handle pickups. You owe it to your customers, since you are horrendously late delivering their miners.

Buy & Hold
YourPalToots

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:10:38 AM

NO miner is ever sent out without boards screwed in, period. This is ridiculous.

Obviously it has happened.
YourPalToots

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:20:16 AM

What comes in the box.

notice, no instructions of any kind.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:20:44 AM

No one else has reported screws missing. What was you're order number?
YourPalToots

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:22:20 AM

A nice USB port.

YourPalToots

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:26:08 AM

No one else has reported screws missing. What was you're order number?

There is also one missing under one of the fans. Trying to get a good picture of that one as well.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:27:29 AM

They should start anyway, despite your PSU's specification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xYWCp2X1nsI#t=509

AMT please turn your attention to this video, I've already done you a favor and it's queued up to the part I need you to watch. Just so you can't blame your product on the power supply. Also I already have another female to female gpio cable on order, made that one last night just incase. sadly I'm going out of town tomorrow and you shipped me non working hardware and or accessories so I won't get this thing up and running until mid way through next week  , maybe, due to your negligence as you didn't properly check everything you shipped.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:36:08 AM

They should start anyway, despite your PSU's specification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xYWCp2X1nsI#t=509

AMT please turn your attention to this video, I've already done you a favor and it's queued up to the part I need you to watch. Just so you can't blame your product on the power supply. Also I already have another female to female gpio cable on order, made that one last night just incase. sadly I'm going out of town tomorrow and you shipped me non working hardware and or accessories so I won't get this thing up and running until mid way through next week  , maybe, due to your negligence as you didn't properly check everything you shipped.

Again another reason why to pick up (if you can). I can at least get some documentation for the rest of the community at least to reference. There is no reason why it should not be linked on there. BUT if they really are that busy getting our miners together then its something. Plus it insures that I don't have to deal with the horror stories people are reporting here. Clearly its happening as its more than one report of the same exact thing.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:37:24 AM

The AMT administrative office is not open on Saturdays or Sundays so that would not be possible. Surely someone will get back to you on Monday regarding your request for pickup.

We're still working and shipping out over the weekend

Yes, you can handle pickups. You owe it to your customers, since you are horrendously late delivering their miners.

Well you owe to your customers,  not only are you ridiculously late,  you keep shipping damaged merchandise!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
YourPalToots

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:45:52 AM

In addition to the screws missing on the outside.

Screw missing under cooling fan #1

Second screw missing under cooling fan

Notice the screw that is used for the fan. It wasn't tight and fell out.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:53:43 AM

it is real hard to tell from the pic's but it almost looks like the heatsink's are drilled and tapped 10-32 and 8-32 screws.
TOOTS how good of a fit are the screws in the threaded holes? are they a sloppy fit or do they seem pretty close and smooth?

freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:05:20 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 03:34:18 AM by freddyfarnsworth

Believe me, I want to get mining. I didn't want it damaged. Thanks for taking care of this. I am sure you techs can repair it and use the power supply, but the Power supply is red, and the back of the case is so smashed in it looks like its touching the circuits and that could be why.

If you'd like we can have some reach out to you and try and walk you through setting it up over the phone. Don't know who is available at 8pm on a Friday but we'll check.

Hey, have someone call me. I was told by josh there would be a video on-line tonight showing how to set up the kit. Since there were no instructions that came with the kit.

This is ridiculous. I received my miner yesterday, with no instructions, and only god knows if anything was missing. I mean I know for a fact it is missing the networking cable that you stated was going to come with it, but who knows what else.

I detailed what is showing when I try to launch the miner can you comment on just what the hell might be going on? I don't pay 5795 for a raspberry pi , so if you could do some explanation or post a damn set of instructions to your website. Or e-mail them to me. I'm going out of town as of this weekend and I'd like to have my miner up and running by then. So what are the chances you can give us some help here?

I guess you guys didn't read my review.  nothing has changed since i got mine in late January.  half-ass packaging for shipping, miner not tested like they said, missing pieces, parts rolling around inside the rig.

Shake out your rig BEFORE you turn it on.  you need to get all the loose parts out of it.  Pretty sad this needs to be said.

Also, don't expect documentation.  Jim is the only tech support.  No documentation included, even though they said it would be.

But hey, you got a rig.   lol  

The last 10 pages of this thread, all describing people's experiences with miners recently received, can be described in 1 word:  

Clusterfuck.
me and mellorbos rig. out of box. 650w psu 700 w psu. one card 204 one 20 one 80. slight tweak of settings. 204 all the way across nominal. 600ghs average. decide two psus not right way to do it. 900w psu working 600 across the boards....... mellor thinks psu is going to melt pci e cable so stops mining untill we get a more robust psu. but all in all working well.

Please guys, get real powersupplys I used 950TX corsairs on a tri sli gtx250 C2Duo machines in the day.  Get a 1500watt single rail, and it will NOT be a power Problem you are chasin. Then we see what is really up.
These machines will never use multirail properly.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
YourPalToots

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:16:04 AM

it is real hard to tell from the pic's but it almost looks like the heatsink's are drilled and tapped 10-32 and 8-32 screws.
TOOTS how good of a fit are the screws in the threaded holes? are they a sloppy fit or do they seem pretty close and smooth?

The screws that are present securing the blades in the chassis seem tight and secure.

The screws that are securing the heatsinks seem tight and secure as well.

The screws that are holding the cooling fans are tight and secure except for one which just fell out.

More pictures and details as I try to get this pile to hash.

Not one bit of guidance from AMT. No instructions included.
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:34:08 AM

The screws that are present securing the blades in the chassis seem tight and secure.

The screws that are securing the heatsinks seem tight and secure as well.

The screws that are holding the cooling fans are tight and secure except for one which just fell out.

More pictures and details as I try to get this pile to hash.

Not one bit of guidance from AMT. No instructions included.

I had suggested they take the instructions they do have and post it in their original post. Meaning add them on to the original post. Or some post in the 1st page. Or on their home page or something. Otherwise its going to get lost in this thread.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:19:27 AM

Before applying power do this first.

Remove the SDcard from the RPI you must have a backup, it has all the settings and such on it, NOT easy to get another, if it was my machine, I would have a few saved.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<THIS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Quote from: opieum2 on April 10, 2014, 01:36:33 PM

Most reliable method IMO is to make a dd image of the SDcard and keep it backed up somewhere (or two) this way if you ever needed to restore it would just be a matter of running the DD command (windows or Linux) back onto the sdcard or its replacement. 

====================

Someone will splice all this together, and make it pretty I am sure.
More info:

Upon request of a member to copy this to an original post.

Quote from: NotFuzzyWarm on April 09, 2014, 11:41:21 PM
Do these have a web interface aside from an IP setup, and pool/password menus? Would be nice. (Ants do). All kinds of info including network traffic is available. Also allows for all the usual 'ux type shells, system maint., & other goodies.

Response from AMT:

Yes, but the rigs do not come with the little LCD display because they are mounted to the hard drive trey in the case - mounted either with electrical tape or double sided mounting tape. Also we've seen the little LCD screen flop from side to side because of length of the connector cable, and have shorted the rasPI a few times when the screen accidentally hits the RasPI because the screens sides are all metal. That's the main reason we do not include the screen in the Kit, it's frustrating to get the screen to sit properly on the table and is generally an accident waiting to happen.  The only purpose of the the little LCD display is to show the ip address of the user interface and the current hashrate.

Upon going to the IP address in your browser (Don't bother with internet explorer, use any other browser) you will see the user interface.

Accessing the user interface:

Username: admin
Password: admin

Accessing the ip address without the little LCD screen:

Plug an HDMI cable into the rasPI and start the miner by plugging in the cable. You'll see a big raspberry with a loading bar on the bottom. After which you'll see the root login:

Access cgminer of AMT 1.2Th miner:

username: root
pass: amt

#killall cgminer (the miner is programmed to start immediately, that's why we kill cgminer upon login, as a rule the miner starts running with the credentials you add in the cgminer settings page (Click Settings - then click Cgminer)

#ifconfig

You'll see several addresses, the first being a local network ip address, usually starting with 192.168.1.(some number here)  or 10.1.10.(some number here).  Use that address to find the user interface in your browser.

If you don't have an HDMI cable and monitor free, you can check your router's admin panel for new ip addresses detected after plugging in the network cable and plugging in the miner.

Remember: From the time you plug in your miner, your miner is mining, so make sure all your fans are running and proper cooling is administered. A1 chips heat up quick, and you do not want to over heat your miner.

Workaround encase you don't want to start mining immediately and want to test the Raspberry pi and user interface setup first:

Unplug the GPIO ribbon cable from the back plane before plugging in the network cable and starting the miner. Login to the rasPI with the credential above and get the IP address first, then go to the Ip address in your browser, configure your settings (pool settings, speed, etc) and save. Then power off the miner, plug in the GPIO ribbon cable to the back plane, connect the backplane to the hashing modules - (make sure all the pins from the back plane connectors are in the right slots - look above and below each pin/connector on each module - plugging in the backplane wrong can short hashing modules which may result in the miner not seeing the module.) Then power on your miner and you should be good to go via the user interface or ssh login.

More to come on that for sure, but that was a quick response with a bit more details for those that receive their kit encase we don't get a video up within the next few days.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:56:19 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 06:10:41 AM by rik_khaos

Remove the SDcard from the RPI you must have a backup, it has all the settings and such on it, NOT easy to get another, if it was my machine, I would have a few saved.

Most reliable method IMO is to make a dd image of the SDcard and keep it backed up somewhere (or two) this way if you ever needed to restore it would just be a matter of running the DD command (windows or Linux) back onto the sdcard or its replacement. 

====================

More info:

Do these have a web interface aside from an IP setup, and pool/password menus? Would be nice. (Ants do). All kinds of info including network traffic is available. Also allows for all the usual 'ux type shells, system maint., & other goodies.

Response from AMT:

Yes, but the rigs do not come with the little LCD display because they are mounted to the hard drive trey in the case - mounted either with electrical tape or double sided mounting tape. Also we've seen the little LCD screen flop from side to side because of length of the connector cable, and have shorted the rasPI a few times when the screen accidentally hits the RasPI because the screens sides are all metal. That's the main reason we do not include the screen in the Kit, it's frustrating to get the screen to sit properly on the table and is generally an accident waiting to happen.  The only purpose of the the little LCD display is to show the ip address of the user interface and the current hashrate.

Upon going to the IP address in your browser (Don't bother with internet explorer, use any other browser) you will see the user interface.

Plug an HDMI cable into the rasPI and start the miner by plugging in the cable. You'll see a big raspberry with a loading bar on the bottom. After which you'll see the root login:

#killall cgminer (the miner is programmed to start immediately, that's why we kill cgminer upon login, as a rule the miner starts running with the credentials you add in the cgminer settings page (Click Settings - then click Cgminer)

#ifconfig

You'll see several addresses, the first being a local network ip address, usually starting with 192.168.1.(some number here)  or 10.1.10.(some number here).  Use that address to find the user interface in your browser.

If you don't have an HDMI cable and monitor free, you can check your router's admin panel for new ip addresses detected after plugging in the network cable and plugging in the miner.

Remember: From the time you plug in your miner, your miner is mining, so make sure all your fans are running and proper cooling is administered. A1 chips heat up quick, and you do not want to over heat your miner.

Workaround encase you don't want to start mining immediately and want to test the Raspberry pi and user interface setup first:

Unplug the GPIO ribbon cable from the back plane before plugging in the network cable and starting the miner. Login to the rasPI with the credential above and get the IP address first, then go to the Ip address in your browser, configure your settings (pool settings, speed, etc) and save. Then power off the miner, plug in the GPIO ribbon cable to the back plane, connect the backplane to the hashing modules - (make sure all the pins from the back plane connectors are in the right slots - look above and below each pin/connector on each module - plugging in the backplane wrong can short hashing modules which may result in the miner not seeing the module.) Then power on your miner and you should be good to go via the user interface or ssh login.

More to come on that for sure, but that was a quick response with a bit more details for those that receive their kit encase we don't get a video up within the next few days.

I had done all of the above. 

Still no hashing from my miner. 

Going back through and working in reverse when I started it with the GPIO unplugged I see what the regular raspberry should look like. The one I was getting before was definitely blown way up. AMT has made that sound like a GPIO problem, so hopefully when I return next thursday and my new GPIO cable is here then  I will be able to have this thing up and running finally.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:17:48 AM

====================

More info:

Response from AMT:

#ifconfig

Thanks for your post
Pages: « 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: