Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:15:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:50:40 PM

Yeah I'll get some pics here in a moment.

I've ran the pi with the directly to a monitor with with the hdmi. I don't know what the raspberry should look like. everything looked of to me.

It says it's looking for boards at address what ever but doesn't identify them, then when I try to do the killall cgminer it says no process killed. So I don't know that it's loading up correctly. Then it just keeps showing the ip address assigned and 0.00 GH/s  over and over and over and over and over. unless I tell it to kill python then it stops.

BRB I'll get the photos.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2520

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:52:28 PM

weve been playing around with mine all day pretty much. i deffinatley need 2 new cards sending out. ive paid for 520ghs and im getting 250ghs. there are no more settings to try with the other 2 cards.

timmyd, have you tried simply leaving the 2 other cards in to simply "warm up".  I know it sounds stupid, but worth a try.  Good luck!

Yes dude the other 2 boards will run for like 1 min. one gets upto 190ghs and the other 170ghs and then chip failures happen and the both eventually die off and shut down.  Undecided

You're having voltage issues similar to James and Reggie, what power supply are you using?

Perhaps you can address the issue I posted here earlier. I would appreciate it. It doesn't seem to be recognizing the cards at all and says no a-1 chip chain found. that is for every board. I posted t a few pages back.

You or somone else mentioned about the backplane being seen as a 5-port usb hub. If it is and if that is how the coms are ran maybe the hub is dead or has no link to the Pi?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2520

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:08:51 AM

AMT_MINERS, On the back plane coms - are these using hard wired usb?
IF they are, are the boards powering their usb circuit from the backplane?
Just shooting in the dark here...

Reason I'm asking is that a common problem with BFL's Jalapenos was from using underpowered USB hubs. You'd think the Jala side of the usb link would be like any other device but for some reason they draw near max/port  usb 2.0 power which causes numerous weird problems...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:11:25 AM

https://app.box.com/s/coawa7zso3aldbd700q0

pics of my set up. a bit mess at the moment once I get it up and running I'll get it setup more permanently.

AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:29:00 AM

pics of my set up. a bit mess at the moment once I get it up and running I'll get it setup more permanently.

When you start the miner, does the power supply fan start and stop or does it continue to spin?
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:30:29 AM

I was hoping to have gotten a reply on whether or not I can do a pickup. Alyssa sent me an email letting me know about that. Ideally I had hoped to go down tomorrow afternoon. Can someone please get back to me via email if this is possible. I know the plant is closed but if the office is available I can do that. Please let me know asap so I can make arrangements.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:32:11 AM

I was hoping to have gotten a reply on whether or not I can do a pickup. Alyssa sent me an email letting me know about that. Ideally I had hoped to go down tomorrow afternoon. Can someone please get back to me via email if this is possible. I know the plant is closed but if the office is available I can do that. Please let me know asap so I can make arrangements.

The AMT administrative office is not open on Saturdays or Sundays so that would not be possible. Surely someone will get back to you on Monday regarding your request for pickup.
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:33:52 AM

When you start the miner, does the power supply fan start and stop or does it continue to spin?

I've got the 850 slaved to the 1000

with this particular model it has a low noise mode and the fan doesn't kick on until there is significant load. That said neither fan has ever kicked on (but there aren't automatically expected too)

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:40:11 AM

with this particular model it has a low noise mode and the fan doesn't kick on until there is significant load. That said neither fan has ever kicked on (but there aren't automatically expected too)

They should start anyway, despite your PSU's specification. Do the following:

Disconnect the second supply and all power cables going to the miner period.

Take the second power supply and its cables and move it to the other side of the room so you don't make any mistakes.

Using only one power supply, try and run one board with the HDMI and monitor setup.

Also you never responded to the previous question about the distorted raspberry, because your problem seems to be either the gpio cable or the power.

Also at which point did the modules start to not show up, after hashing for a while or what?

rik_khaos

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:45:08 AM

Take the second power supply and its cables and move it to the other side of the room so you don't make any mistakes.

Using only one power supply, try and run one board with the HDMI and monitor setup.

Also you never responded to the previous question about the distorted raspberry, because your problem seems to be either the gpio cable or the power.

Also at which point did the modules start to not show up, after hashing for a while or what?

I said I didn't know what the raspberry load screen should look like exactly so I don't know if it's distorted at all.

The modules never showed up at all.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:49:41 AM

I said I didn't know what the raspberry load screen should look like exactly so I don't know if it's distorted at all.

Did the raspberry that loaded look to big for the screen, as if you were zoomed into an image by 300% or more?

If the modules never showed up at all, its  a power related issue for sure, please do the following:

Create a setup as if you're only running one board and DO NOT plug in the PCIE cables to the remaining four boards.
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:03:04 AM

The AMT administrative office is not open on Saturdays or Sundays so that would not be possible. Surely someone will get back to you on Monday regarding your request for pickup.

Ok that kinda contradicts this.

"Hi XXXX,

I think there wouldn't be any problem for you to stop by and pick up the 2 rigs.
I will ask the team and I will get back to you. I think that they can do it over the weekend, the thing is that the assembly facility that we are using is not open during the weekends, but we can meet you in our office in this case.

I will get back to you.

Best Regards,
Alyssa"

Just want to make sure you guys are all on the same page here. I was also told I would have a tracking number by the end of the week. Since that didn't happen as stated I would prefer to just pick it up. 

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:12:22 AM

Did the raspberry that loaded look to big for the screen, as if you were zoomed into an image by 300% or more?

If the modules never showed up at all, its  a power related issue for sure, please do the following:

Create a setup as if you're only running one board and DO NOT plug in the PCIE cables to the remaining four boards.

You may not realize how patronizing you sound.

it still didn't find the board, only one plugged in.

Pictures of the start up

https://app.box.com/s/f34def1ofvsgusudnf0a

rik_khaos

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:23:19 AM

I also added a picture of the sticker on that was on the power supply for you since you don't believe that they won't spin.

And a picture of your web interface where it says cgminer is not connected.

rik_khaos

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:25:59 AM

I also added a picture of the sticker on that was on the power supply for you since you don't believe that they won't spin.

And a picture of your web interface where it says cgminer is not connected.
Oh by the way this is how I initially set it all up when I first got it on thursday , checking the boards one at a time with the one power supply as I was told when talking to josh on the phone.

YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:27:06 AM

1.2 miner DIY Kit has arrived and the packaging is awful. The chassis is bent and some of the cards don't have screws holding them in place.

2/5 cards have 2 screws
2/5 cards have 1 screw
1/5 cards have no screws

and no instructions on how to get this thing up and going.

It's pretty sad when my 2 yr old yells out "That computer is broken! We need to fix this problem!"

If a 2 yr old can instantly see something wrong, why can't the grown people packing this stuff up?
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:27:39 AM

1.2 miner DIY Kit has arrived and the packaging is awful. The chassis is bent and some of the cards don't have screws holding them in place.

2/5 cards have 2 screws
2/5 cards have 1 screw
1/5 cards have no screws

Good job amt.
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:28:33 AM

2/5 cards have 2 screws
2/5 cards have 1 screw
1/5 cards have no screws

With any luck it will detect your cards.

rik_khaos

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:29:26 AM

2/5 cards have 2 screws
2/5 cards have 1 screw
1/5 cards have no screws

Good job amt.

mine was bent too. It's looking less and less like a mistake and more like a cool new feature!

rik_khaos

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:43:46 AM

Amt has requested that I take down the image I pulled off my card, as they don't want it on the internet.
I told them I wanted a working miner like I paid $5795 for.

I just noticed it because I don't usually check to see if I have private messages.

But because they asked so nicely (not really) I'll take it down at their request.

If only they'd honor our requests. You would think they get how this business thing works by now.

Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: