Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Casiriahmine

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:10:52 PM

Thanks bruno!

You get your miner you bought working or sold yet? :-P

~Casey
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mellorbo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:15:23 PM

I never said that guys...

I'm saying, my ghetto ASS 70+ year old house I am renting, has like 20Amps on one freakin circuit. The 1500W is plenty -.- lol...Just make sure you are plugging into a dedicated circuit...

Stop searching for things to get mad about...lol

I will be posting a video today, of my "ghetto ass house" with me and the machines hashing .I warn you, it may get messy....

~Casey

Before I read any further, please, guys, cut Casey some slack. He's an alright guy. Seriously!

~Bruno Kucinskas
hey man if you are referring to regtable's convo with casey, i do believe their was no bad intentions with his posts, he may go on some rants (regtable) but not a bad guy and doesn't mean any harm or insults he just goes on a bit Smiley
p.s yes there are probably some faults with my english but as usuall i dont care :p
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:22:15 PM

We will see if this AMT miner gets here before my BFL Monarch 1Ts on April 14th Smiley BFL was kind enough to give me extra hash on the miners I ordered (I only ordered 600Gh/s miners). They ALWAYS answer my emails usually less than one hour and know me on a first name basis, and even offered me a full refund but I chose to give them the business and choose the upgrade instead. That's a heads up who bought BFL's its not really known the general public yet. See how well they treat me Smiley

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:22:48 PM

I never said that guys...

I'm saying, my ghetto ASS 70+ year old house I am renting, has like 20Amps on one freakin circuit. The 1500W is plenty -.- lol...Just make sure you are plugging into a dedicated circuit...

Stop searching for things to get mad about...lol

I will be posting a video today, of my "ghetto ass house" with me and the machines hashing .I warn you, it may get messy....

~Casey

Before I read any further, please, guys, cut Casey some slack. He's an alright guy. Seriously!

~Bruno Kucinskas
hey man if you are referring to regtable's convo with casey, i do believe their was no bad intentions with his posts, he may go on some rants (regtable) but not a bad guy and doesn't mean any harm or insults he just goes on a bit Smiley
p.s yes there are probably some faults with my english but as usuall i dont care :p
who are you!? my dad? if so can i have a cookie, for correct punctuation?

edited to add squigly dots

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
mellorbo

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:30:21 PM

We will see if this AMT miner gets here before my BFL Monarch 1Ts on April 14th Smiley BFL was kind enough to give me extra hash on the miners I ordered (I only ordered 600Gh/s miners). They ALWAYS answer my emails usually less than one hour and know me on a first name basis, and even offered me a refund but I chose the upgrade instead.
now thats what i class as SERVICE.
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:34:19 PM

I sent an email out of the blue to BFL today for an order status at 3:41 PM EST, do you know when BFL replied to me? 4:05 PM EST. And it is ALWAYS like that for me.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:35:20 PM

More to the point AMT if so many people have cancelled their orders and waiting for refund then why have you not shipped my (LEGO) kit yet?
surely by now you have more kits and miners than orders. correct me if im wrong here.

Obviously, you don't understand AMT. For every order cancelled, two more were made via professional mining outfits operating hosting facilities.

On to the partial refund aspect. There is no way that AMT can refund you $185 for a PSU that'll cost them $200, for they would be saving $15 on each and every person requesting one per miner ordered. Multiply that several fold and AMT would go broke. Now, imagine if they offered a refund on every part sans 10-15% savings each. They would go broke faster yet, for now we're talking several thousands of dollars of savings on AMT's part, not to mention the extra money they'll make due to shipping less weight.

Clearly, anybody attending Penn State for 7 years to get a business degree can see that this is not a viable option, and that waiting for all the parts to arrive after paying full price for them and lose money on shipping, to boot, is the most viable option from AMT's standpoint. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to learnt that Josh is now in negotiations with some family members to have them, too, mortgage their homes to further fund this genius business model.

My only regret is that I didn't offer up a $100K loan to get AMT through this minor hiccup. I'm going to take the liberty and reach out to Andreas Antonopoulos to see if he'll use his good name to garner some donations to further AMT's brilliant business plan along.

BUY stock tip of the day:

Red Bull GmbH is an Austrian company which sells the Red Bull energy drink. In 2011, a total of 4.631 billion cans were sold in over 161 countries. 8,294 employees generated €4.25 billion in revenue.[1] The headquarters of Red Bull GmbH are located in Fuschl am See, Austria.
mellorbo

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:41:05 PM

More to the point AMT if so many people have cancelled their orders and waiting for refund then why have you not shipped my (LEGO) kit yet?
surely by now you have more kits and miners than orders. correct me if im wrong here.

Obviously, you don't understand AMT. For every order cancelled, two more were made via professional mining outfits operating hosting facilities.

On to the partial refund aspect. There is no way that AMT can refund you $185 for a PSU that'll cost them $200, for they would be saving $15 on each and every person requesting one per miner ordered. Multiply that several fold and AMT would go broke. Now, imagine if they offered a refund on every part sans 10-15% savings each. They would go broke faster yet, for now we're talking several thousands of dollars of savings on AMT's part, not to mention the extra money they'll make due to shipping less weight.

Clearly, anybody attending Penn State for 7 years to get a business degree can see that this is not a viable option, and that waiting for all the parts to arrive after paying full price for them and lose money on shipping, to boot, is the most viable option from AMT's standpoint. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to learnt that Josh is now in negotiations with some family members to have them, too, mortgage their homes to further fund this genius business model.

My only regret is that I didn't offer up a $100K loan to get AMT through this minor hiccup. I'm going to take the liberty and reach out to Andreas Antonopoulos to see if he'll use his good name to garner some donations to further AMT's brilliant business plan along.

Red Bull GmbH is an Austrian company which sells the Red Bull energy drink. In 2011, a total of 4.631 billion cans were sold in over 161 countries. 8,294 employees generated €4.25 billion in revenue.[1] The headquarters of Red Bull GmbH are located in Fuschl am See, Austria.
fyi im still happy to take the kit if they send it by tomorrow as they said via e.mail, at least if they do i will get SOMETHING for my money as i know i wont get a refund
regtable69

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:12:13 PM

fyi im still happy to take the kit if they send it by tomorrow as they said via e.mail, at least if they do i will get SOMETHING for my money as i know i wont get a refund
i have just thought of a cunning plan...................... amt send out the miner via fed ex as a complete unit, its classed as computer accessories or a computer by the shipping company incurring a bazinga (alot) amount of tax.
 but if they ship it not in a case, minus the integral power supply, then it CAN be classed as electronic COMPONENTS incurring minimal / no import tax at all.
this is what i found when checking import tax prices.. working units taxed to hell., parts not so...... please ship with description electrical components please! :-)

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:23:59 PM

How do you know this?

Who are they shipping to?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
regtable69

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:35:37 PM

How do you know this?

hes a mole!

Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:37:34 PM

How do you know this?

i'd bet money cex.io and the rest of those types of cloud operations have sent a pretty penny to AMT, and they probably got working rigs out of it.  That's how the cloud hashing games is being played.... order hw from pretty much every maker, and stand them up as they come in, then rent out the GH at a profit.

I just read an article about it on coindesk.  AMT wasnt mentioned, but they(CEX.IO) did say they were pre-ordering from pretty much everybody.

http://www.coindesk.com/cloud-hashing-ceo-hardware-network-growth-threat-pools/
mellorbo

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:39:53 PM

Again correct me if im wrong as i admit im not the brightest spark in the world but phinnaeus gage you said

"On to the partial refund aspect. There is no way that AMT can refund you $185 for a PSU that'll cost them $200, for they would be saving $15 on each and every person requesting one per miner ordered. Multiply that several fold and AMT would go broke. Now, imagine if they offered a refund on every part sans 10-15% savings each. They would go broke faster yet, for now we're talking several thousands of dollars of savings on AMT's part, not to mention the extra money they'll make due to shipping less"

Now im not the best at maths so unless im missing something if they are SAVING $15 per psu after a partial refund as u say, how the hell can they go broke? surely they would be making profit on that as they pay you $185 back for what would have been a $200 psu. please correct me if i got that wrong.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:42:01 PM

Again correct me if im wrong as i admit im not the brightest spark in the world but phinnaeus gage you said

"On to the partial refund aspect. There is no way that AMT can refund you $185 for a PSU that'll cost them $200, for they would be saving $15 on each and every person requesting one per miner ordered. Multiply that several fold and AMT would go broke. Now, imagine if they offered a refund on every part sans 10-15% savings each. They would go broke faster yet, for now we're talking several thousands of dollars of savings on AMT's part, not to mention the extra money they'll make due to shipping less"

Now im not the best at maths so unless im missing something if they are SAVING $15 per psu after a partial refund as u say, how the hell can they go broke? surely they would be making profit on that as they pay you $185 back for what would have been a $200 psu. please correct me if i got that wrong.

I believe it's called Sarcasm my friend.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:47:51 PM

Clearly you didn't graduate Penn State with a 7 year degree in business Roll Eyes

mellorbo

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:49:08 PM

Clearly you didn't graduate Penn State with a 7 year degree in business Roll Eyes
Lmao
regtable69

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:01:25 PM

anybody got some fancy ideas how to minimize overheads? legal options.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 10:11:00 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 10:21:21 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

How do you know this?

hes a mole!

It was tongue-in-cheek, like the rest of the post, of which morphed into satire/sarcasm.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 10:16:29 PM

You do realize that satire/sarcasm no longer funny if explained. Bottom line, Josh, in no uncertain terms, stated that there would be no refunds due to lack of funds in AMT's coffer, but there is money to purchase full price for and wait for PSUs oppose to shipping kits sans them along with a reasonable rebate, plus save on shipping cost due to the decrease in weight of each package. Josh is playing several ends against the middle, of which one is The Stall Game, his favorite.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2520

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:15:04 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 11:26:21 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

The THs units aside, still haven't really gotten answer as to what my 520 will be... Now correct me if I'm wrong but, the 80-520 series of miners (still advertised on AMT's site by the way) are the ones that BitMine.ch made/sold at the time I ordered. Sure did lok the same and had same specs. For those, AMT is acting as a reseller for them. BM.ch said they were "sold out", AMT appeared to have them so....

Anywho, with BM.ch now having working boards they have replaced that line with what they call desktop-series http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=893
Note that the 520 has been replaced with 600ghs. Also, that as BMch's compensation for delays, those who ordered the older line direct form them are upgraded to their nearest = or better new version.

Hmm...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: « 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: