Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:14:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:15:26 AM

Ant S1 FYI: According to the UPS feeding 2 of them, 1 @ 180GHs the other @ 190 together they pull 739w from the wall. 'Course I run them off of separate 600w PSU's. Keeps the fans on them barely ticking along for nice long life.

I'm looking at the Corsair RM Series 1000  for the 3 cards and the Corsair RM Series 850w for the two cards for now, then when I pick up some S1s I'll grab a 1500W PSU for the AMT kit.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Casiriahmine

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:01:26 AM

Im going to throw these backplanes out and not try to re-engineer the solar system. I am going to buy a 10 port USB hub with separate power. Then I am going to get 10 Male 20 pin to USB cables and hook them into the hub, and use minepeon (Not sure how to get AMT's custom raspberry pi OS they have) to mine my coins with these ASICS. I will power the miners by jumping pin 14 on the Powersupply, and flow it to the miners.

~Casey
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:28:15 AM

Hey guys,

Just so you know, I received my miners 3 days ago, and have been trying to hash ever since. I think it may be a backplane PCB board issue, or a power issue. I doubt its the raspberry pi board or the Serial cable board underneath.

They do hash, and they are legit.

I may have a power issue, not allowing me to run more than 2 boards/3boards at a time. Also, I don't trust the backplane design into ARM but that's personal preference... But they are real miners...Heres my ghetto RIG setup.

http://s935.photobucket.com/user/Casiriah_Mine/media/0330142307_zps0b876226.jpg.html

So it appears that you jumped the queue:

Casiriamine   1121   12.24.2013   1.2   2   March 17, 18, 19   N

?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:29:44 AM

Yes, I am also afraid to get a miner and only want a refund. They said they were giving certain people "the miners that overheat".  

You seemed to be turning around there, and being a bit more nice on this thread. We've added you to the kit list as requested despite your claims. Would you like us to remove you from that list or send you're miner, a bit confused here.

Also we have no intentions of delivering bad miners to anyone, despite their behavior. This is a product that our clients ordered and despite our feelings towards those clients it is our obligation to deliver to a working product.

Still waiting for a 'working product'.  Refund of course preferrable.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:07:14 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 11:35:48 AM by regtable69

Hey guys,

Just so you know, I received my miners 3 days ago, and have been trying to hash ever since. I think it may be a backplane PCB board issue, or a power issue. I doubt its the raspberry pi board or the Serial cable board underneath.

I may have a power issue, not allowing me to run more than 2 boards/3boards at a time. Also, I don't trust the backplane design into ARM but that's personal preference... But they are real miners...Heres my ghetto RIG setup.

http://s935.photobucket.com/user/Casiriah_Mine/media/0330142307_zps0b876226.jpg.html

So it appears that you jumped the queue:

Casiriamine   1121   12.24.2013   1.2   2   March 17, 18, 19   N

?
due to the kit option a lot will be jumping the queue or so it would seem

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:47:03 AM

Hey guys,

Are you running each board off a different rail of the power supply?  Which power supply are you using?
Casiriahmine

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:51:29 AM

Yep, found out both backplanes were fried from what seems to be a COLD solder joint.

I have soldered one and its working...err....better...waiting for my USB hub and 20 pin to USB adaptors to come in, I am not wasting my time with this thing. :-P
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:25:13 PM

Hey guys,

what was your order # ? ok, so i see the order queue was disregarded. it also appear again the handful of miners in the wild DO NOT WORK! you would think 3+ month late miners would at minimum be manufactured correctly. Does anyone recall the ISO standards AMT said they were going to be adhering to? Looks like I just recalled the next AMT lie.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
clenell

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:43:20 PM

Just an update: We're due to receive our full chip batch in next week. We received sample chips in a few weeks ago. Testing is positive and the board is running fine.

We've contracted a PCB/Computer contract manufacturing facility located in PA. They have been around for a long time, and are one of the leaders in the American electronic contract manufacturing market. They'll provide us with ability to streamline the assembly, surface mount, heat-sinks  mold (via their metal shop and glorious CNC machine) and several other areas where we may lack, like ISO certified and UL standard assembly of our miners. They're also currently assisting with streamlining the assembly processes of our smaller miners as well. And the 80's 128's and 180's are now down to a 14 day shipping lead time, and decreasing by 2 days or more each week.

Yes its another expense most wouldn't choose to do, but we feel keeping production of these miners local, rather than outsourcing everything to china like most, will pay off in the end. Everything, less our lian li cases and the chip is now produced in America, by Americans.

Streamlining these runs will allow to get back on track with our past orders and deliver future/current orders on the shipping dates we've promised. We expect to have miners out door within 7 to 10 days from the date we receive our chips. 5 of those days have to do with ISO certified processes that we can skip when working with true professionals.

AMT

when working with "true professionals"? I almost peed myself when I read that comment.

I thought i would highlight the critical lies here. It is apparent there is NO ISO certification involved with the manufacture of these miners. Casiriahmine's miner is a prime example of what AMT is shipping. The man is basically having to re-invent the wheel to get his damn miner to work properly. The handful (on 1 hand) of miners delivered have all NOT WORKED! I have little to no experience putting miners together. When my "broke down" miner arrives it will remain just that - broke down. If these miners were assembled in a reputable facility with proper ISO credentials, by people who know what the hell they are doing, these problems would not exist.

I thought i would highlight the part where AMT said miners would be out the door 7-10 days after receiving the chips. AMT KNEW THEN THESE MINERS WOULD NOT BE SHIPPING FOR MONTHS. THEY LIED THEIR ASSES OFF. Now they have people groveling for just parts! This is pathetic.

I also highlighted the part where they said the board tested fine. How they can say the boards were tested with all the problems we are facing now? HOW CAN THEY SAY THESE BOARDS WERE TESTED AND RAN FINE? i'll tell you how they can say this.  THEY ARE LIARS

1. they lied about my initial delivery date
2. the lied about updating this thread every week
3. they lied about keeping an order queue
4. they lied about mailing me a refund
5. they lied about wiring me a refund
6. they have lied about saying they would hire people from this forum (twice)
7. they lied about something as dumb as being associated with Freemasons
8. they  lied about my second delivery date
9. they lied about being able to pay with credit cards on their website
10. THEY LIED ABOUT PAYING BRUNO 20btc
11. zipkin lied about saying he was going to ship my miner as "punishment" for calling him out on this website and amazon.com
12. they lied about the wattage
13. josh said he was starting his "own forum"... just another lie.
14. they lied about saying they would hire someone to answer/help with phone calls and emails.
15. i think i can safely say AMT has lied about their MPP. They have shown no willingness to make up for late delivery and subsequent difficulty increases.
16. josh lied about "selling" a miner to bruno. he then turns around and admits to sabotaging the miner by increasing the voltage to 0.96.
17. they lied about supplying me a new tracking number today 4/1/14.
18. NO certified (ISO or any other) facility being used in the manufacture of these miners.
19. AMT claimed the boards were tested and were running fine. LIE!

What's the next AMT lie?

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:57:13 PM

A couple of suggestions when building a miner:

1) If you want to jumper two power supplies the easy and safe way, there is small $20 board they sell called PSU4ALL or POWER4ALL or something like that. When you switch the on the first PSU, it sends a signal to the board to start the 2nd PSU. (I cant find the site but I will look again)
 2) I would not start with milk crates. Instead, go to your home depot store and buy 8 foot aluminum angles. They cost about $9-$20 depending on thickness and size, also buy some super glue and some metal screws. I would also put the miner close to the floor, but not on the floor. Put it on steel or concrete, not on a wood floor or rug.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:13:27 PM

Yep, found out both backplanes were fried from what seems to be a COLD solder joint.

I have soldered one and its working...err....better...waiting for my USB hub and 20 pin to USB adaptors to come in, I am not wasting my time with this thing. :-P

thanks for the heads up any chance you can post links and or a quick tut on how to use the usb set up when you get chance possible suggestion amt could adopt the same process in their 2nd gen miners
A couple of suggestions when building a miner:

1) If you want to jumper two power supplies the easy and safe way, there is small $20 board they sell called PSU4ALL or POWER4ALL or something like that. When you switch the on the first PSU, it sends a signal to the board to start the 2nd PSU. (I cant find the site but I will look again)
 2) I would not start with milk crates. Instead, go to your home depot store and buy 8 foot aluminum angles. They cost about $9-$20 depending on thickness and size, also buy some super glue and some metal screws. I would also put the miner close to the floor, but not on the floor. Put it on steel or concrete, not on a wood floor or rug.

thanks for the technical input nice to see people suggesting ideas on how to set up miners than just trolololoing all day long

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:17:52 PM

So, the DIY requires soldering, debugging and figuring out how to power up the device?

It is very apparent that AMT has the bare minimum expertise in manufacturing electronics.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
mrpark

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:50:42 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 02:02:14 PM by mrpark

I went ahead and reduced my posts again to keep things going in a positive direction. I am hopeful we can come to an agreement on the refund soon. I emailed orders@advancedminers.com as you suggested. If you want to send me anything to evaluate in addition to the refund and create a video of how it works etc, I am willing to do that. I am also willing to help on how to integrate the USB, display and whatever else. I am a 1992 full graduate of CHI Institute which is close to you guys.

I am very familiar with this setup, since I have been putting together bitcoin mining rigs since the 10Gh/s ASICMINER boards where you had to wire them by hand and program them.

Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:25:35 PM

I'm order 899 and willing to take kits. AMT when will you ship my miners?

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
mrpark

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:30:24 PM

"I may have a power issue, not allowing me to run more than 2 boards/3boards at a time"

Ok the first step is to figure out if the board is really the problem by process of elimination.

Try the first 2-3 board that you said work.

Do they work?

Put them aside,

Try the other 2-3 board..

Do they work?

is the backplane the problem?

Try the first 2 slots, remove the board, try the next 2 slots...

If so your power supply may the problem... What is the brand and model number of the power supply? Are you connecting all the board to the PCI-E connector one at a time? Only using 1 connector per board? 

clenell

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:08:35 PM

so you received a package of unworkable garbage?

sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:09:08 PM

Can you explain this? If it was a cold solder joint, re-soldering would have fixed the problem and made a good connection between board and pin. A cold solder joint means it would have been an intermittent connection. Often this happens when a robot does the soldering when mass creating circuit boards, and the calculation is wrong because if dissimilar metal and the heat calculations. For instance, you make all your calculations, but one of the pins is not the same metal you made the original calculation on. If you re-soldered the joint and you still have a problem, then it was not a cold solder issue after all. This was the problem in my 1999 Pontiac GTP with the heads up display, the HUD was sometimes dim or intermittent. The undocumented fix was to take out the circuit board and resolder the joints, after that was done it worked. Either it will work or not, if you re-solder the joints it should work. If it doesn't there is another kind of issue going on.

What do you mean it works "better"? ... You said it was "fried" but also said it works? "fried" would imply the backplane does not work anymore...

Need some more details on this from you...

This is what Quality Control testing is for.
Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:38:08 PM

for a 2nd psu, try this

just a piece of paperclip jumpered between the green wire, and the black wire next to it.  Look it up before you proceed, i dont recall the pin #s off hand.  easy to do, and mine's been fine for months.  no heat or anything.
Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:39:41 PM

Can you explain this? If it was a cold solder joint, re-soldering would have fixed the problem and made a good connection between board and pin. A cold solder joint means it would have been an intermittent connection. Often this happens when a robot does the soldering when mass creating circuit boards, and the calculation is wrong because if dissimilar metal and the heat calculations. For instance, you make all your calculations, but one of the pins is not the same metal you made the original calculation on. If you re-soldered the joint and you still have a problem, then it was not a cold solder issue after all. This was the problem in my 1999 Pontiac GTP with the heads up display, the HUD was sometimes dim or intermittent. The undocumented fix was to take out the circuit board and resolder the joints, after that was done it worked. Either it will work or not, if you re-solder the joints it should work. If it doesn't there is another kind of issue going on.

What do you mean it works "better"? ... You said it was "fried" but also said it works? "fried" would imply the backplane does not work anymore...

Need some more details on this from you...

This is what Quality Control testing is for.

LOL.  QC and AMT do not go together in the same sentence.   Unless you're talking about the lack of it.
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:48:35 PM

Casiriah,

Can you describe (a) how you tested to backplane to determine WHERE the open connection(s) were?, (b) did you just reflow the solder to repair?, (c) how you are powering the boards without the backplane (I know you said USB, but flowing 1500 watts through a USB power supply and wires will melt them, so you must have some other means in mind), and perhaps most importantly, (d) how you know they hash if you haven't been able to power them up yet?

I told AMT I would take the DIY option for my two orders so I am hoping to see a package in the next day or two.  Not holding my breath on that of course.  My 2 Chinese dragons will probably arrive before the AMT does and will hash at the same 1 Th/s and lower power.  So disappointing but if I could at least get the AMT's up and running this week I might make up 1/2 of my investment in them.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: