Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:23:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
mellorbo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:13:08 PM

A few questions about setting up the full AMT 1.2 miner:

1) I assume I can just aquire an IP (or set one statically)
2) Set my pool.
3) browse to the IP set and type admin/admin
4) Begin mining.

I don't really understand all the unplugging the Pi, do I really need to mess with that or the wires?

Also, if the flash is proprietary:

1) is there a way to back it up?
2) can you post a generic BIN file.
3) would it be possible if the board went bad just to buy another one and restore the file(s).

Thanks
its as simple as 192.168.1.whatever and access it from firefox.. change 1 setting in there and your locked out i know this. think i changed amt gui ssh setting by accident and no more gui lol Embarrassed
to get ip adress you use pi on hdmi and type ifconfig

If you don't figure it out let us know.

We can tell you right now your under powering it or the voltage output needs to be adjusted. Let us know if you have a DVM and thermal probe/thermal temp gun (preferably a thermal probe coming off the DVM). You'll need both to make this test. Test the chip voltage next to the chip on each board, you'll do this by hitting ground and measuring the either the 107 or 337 cap next to the chip. Should be between .82 - .85 but not over .85.  The voltage may be set too low for your dual power supply setup. We can walk you through this, but we're not doing it here so other people can increase their voltage and burn out there machines and scream RMA. Also this will help us as we have several clients in GB and need to ship to them as well, but we weren't sure which setting would be the best.

Please check your PM.

replied. but i dont have a voltage tester or a heat gun lol. problem at the moment is i pressed a setting in settings and got locked out

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2520

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:40:30 PM

Can you PuTTY into the IP address? Now need to know if AMT loaded an editor like VIM on it and what flavor 'ux it uses (Arch?).

If you can get in and there is an editor look for config files, usually under  /etc/config  or  /etc/cgminer. Something like that. Could start with just cd /etc (space between the cd and the slash) to see what is under.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:41:04 PM

does anyone know how to reset the amt software settings. im locked out of the rig ffs

I think we need to find out if there is a reset switch, if not how to restore things if they break, etc.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<THIS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Most reliable method IMO is to make a dd image of the SDcard and keep it backed up somewhere (or two) this way if you ever needed to restore it would just be a matter of running the DD command (windows or Linux) back onto the sdcard or its replacement. 

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
gyntas

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:45:42 PM

HI AMT , my order 754 , do you ship this week? Alyssa send me email , about shipping this week  ,but no tracking number yet. Please update ,thanks.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:54:39 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 01:10:41 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

does anyone know how to reset the amt software settings. im locked out of the rig ffs

I think we need to find out if there is a reset switch, if not how to restore things if they break, etc.

Most reliable method IMO is to make a dd image of the SDcard and keep it backed up somewhere (or two) this way if you ever needed to restore it would just be a matter of running the DD command (windows or Linux) back onto the sdcard or its replacement.  

If there is no switch, please let there be a set of pads (where one would go) that can be shorted together momentarily... should be std practice. That followed by a protected default config that when thing is reset overwrites the current working (or munged) copy of setup then does a reboot.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:46:55 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 06:21:14 PM by opieum2

Well seeing as the reset switch doesn't work, the dd method certainly will. Plenty of info on the internet on how to do that. That said the dd ONLY will work if you have a default image to start with. Hopefully you made a backup. The other alternative to fix this is to plug the sdcard into another machine and edit the config files you changed. Maybe AMT can provide a bit more insight if its not /etc/ssh/ssdh.conf.

Before anything make a note of the permissions, though it should not be an issue if using a windows text editor like notepad or notepad++ (recommend this), if editing on a linux or mac machine make sure you run ls -la in the directory where the config files are to ensure their permissions remain the same AFTER you edit them. last thing you need is to really mess it up after that. If you need to run the appropriate chmod command to change the permissions back if needed. Not likely necessary but worth noting as a precaution.

Since there is no downloadable image from AMT's website then the best thing to do is to return it to stock. IF and this is a BIG if there are config files stored in the /home/amt or /root folder, then there SHOULD be clean/default copies in /etc/skel. This is a presumption tho based on how linux is built from images (I roll my own distros as a hobby and for specialized client cases). I have no idea if this is how they designed it. Least until I have a miner myself I cant provide more insight into how to address that.

Not sure why SSH would need to be turned off. It comes in handy for managing the system if the web interface or display gets borked. If it was a security question there are alot of other ways to get around that. Like securing the network around the machine Wink

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:14:52 PM

My kit has arrived.

I'll snap some pics.

First a few quick notes. There was no documentation regarding proper assembly, though I was told it would be included. Most of it is self explanatory.

One set of the pins on the backplane are messed up. I don't know if this was due to improper shipping, because you can see just how bent out of place they are in comparison to the holes they are meant to be seated in just by looking at it. I'm weary of trying to put the pins back into their proper alignment just because if something were to go wrong I don't want them to deny RMA. 

Also my cage is bent, and noticeably so. To the point where if I were attempting to put another module in the cage it would not fit. Looks like no upgrades for me even if I purchased one with the new backplane.

The noticeable bend in the cage must have been prior to shipping because the fan that is on that part of the cage is only secured with three of four screws. This is because the bend does not allow for the holes to properly align. Of course this is going to lead to a fan that rattles causing undue noise.

I'll be putting a call in to Mr. Zipkin momentarily to gain some insight into what to do.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:59:26 PM

Can you PuTTY into the IP address? Now need to know if AMT loaded an editor like VIM on it and what flavor 'ux it uses (Arch?).

If you can get in and there is an editor look for config files, usually under  /etc/config  or  /etc/cgminer. Something like that. Could start with just cd /etc (space between the cd and the slash) to see what is under.
you can putty into it using the ip adresse you get from ifconfig via rasb and hdmi. once your in there you can play around with cgminer. use cgminer run command and see clasic cg hash. use your normal -T after cgminer "cgminer -t" to do usual debug see how cards are performing.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:24:23 AM

I got the pins back into place, And after that the back plane was easy to insert, but the connecter for the fans was missing so I have to run out and get an adapter.

The pi powered up appropriately. I'll get the miner up and going after I get the fans running. But right now I have bronchitis and I need to sleep.

regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:38:03 AM

I got the pins back into place, And after that the back plane was easy to insert, but the connecter for the fans was missing so I have to run out and get an adapter.

The pi powered up appropriately. I'll get the miner up and going after I get the fans running. But right now I have bronchitis and I need to sleep.

on the pi there are 2 fan connectors. jus pop fans in them only 2 places a fan fits they spool up shortly after boot.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:11:25 AM

Crickets in here. The thread is uncharacteristically quiet today. AMT has gone silent again also. I imagine they are putting together the rest of the miners at this point. Hopefully we get that announcement they promised for yesterday. They dropped the ball on that. Like a basketball player without arms. Not alot of confidence on the communication if they keep dropping the ball. Hard to take them seriously when they cant even communicate back to us as they (AMT) said they would.

Not trying to drop the ball, just been busy trying to figure out that out actually. We're crunching numbers, seeing what can be done and where it can be done and what's realistic without sinking the ship.

Any updates?

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:22:40 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 01:35:26 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

My kit has arrived.

I'll snap some pics.

First a few quick notes. There was no documentation regarding proper assembly, though I was told it would be included. Most of it is self explanatory.

One set of the pins on the backplane are messed up. I don't know if this was due to improper shipping, because you can see just how bent out of place they are in comparison to the holes they are meant to be seated in just by looking at it. I'm weary of trying to put the pins back into their proper alignment just because if something were to go wrong I don't want them to deny RMA.  

Also my cage is bent, and noticeably so. To the point where if I were attempting to put another module in the cage it would not fit. Looks like no upgrades for me even if I purchased one with the new backplane.

The noticeable bend in the cage must have been prior to shipping because the fan that is on that part of the cage is only secured with three of four screws. This is because the bend does not allow for the holes to properly align. Of course this is going to lead to a fan that rattles causing undue noise.

I'll be putting a call in to Mr. Zipkin momentarily to gain some insight into what to do.
Eep.. packaging for transport...

Um, shipping populated cages is not a good idea. 'Specially ones with cards that have big heatsinks on them unless they are well secured by locking bars. Even then boards can flex. Is best to document  any cabling to be done, number the cards to their slots and remove them for ESD-safe bubble-wrapping. Just make sure it is clear how they go back in.

If the assemblies are in a case, that helps a lot but... Still have to be careful and make sure the boards are locked in.

Trust me - we ship our equipment all over the world (mainly to Taiwan) and if something can be shook loose and bang around, it will. Fairly often. Won't even mention one shipment we were notified of that apparently had a fork lift fork ran through it. As in through its wood crate and punching a hole through one side of a 11ga steel cabinet...

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:02:36 AM

I've had all kinds of shipments stabbed by forklifts, the worst ones are run over by them. I've had pallets of electronics from china get crushed by what looks like tanks, and I've had them come through fine with zero packaging, just single layer cardboard box with a little tape. It's magical!

So, seems like a few people have received their broken, incomplete miners. You all happy with that? Did you sign away your rights to sue when you agreed to get the incomplete kits?
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:13:27 AM

This arrive in a box with an assload of bubble wrap stuffed in wherever it could fit.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:33:52 AM

Speaking of power supplies, been looking around at some for my rig when it comes. One thing I noticed is that many 1500w supplies have 2 different ratings depending on the voltage feeding it. Especially server PSU's.

As in rated 1500w only with 180-240vac feeding it, 950w with 100-129vac in. Just sayin' - pay attention to that possibility and double check the specs.

StNick

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:40:36 AM

Speaking of power supplies, been looking around at some for my rig when it comes. One thing I noticed is that many 1500w supplies have 2 different ratings depending on the voltage feeding it. Especially server PSU's.

As in rated 1500w only with 180-240vac feeding it, 950w with 100-129vac in. Just sayin' - pay attention to that possibility and double check the specs.

All of my power supplies are now Enermax Platimax or Enermax MaxRevo's.  I got tired of waking up in the morning and seeing that a power supply failed and my miner didn't mine all night.  Learn from me. Just get quality power supplies from the start.
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:30:21 AM

SO I can pull up AMT's web interface but it's not recognizing the modules.

I keep looking at the CG miner logs and get a cgminer not connected page.

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:33:31 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 06:09:14 AM by loshia

SO I can pull up AMT's web interface but it's not recognizing the modules.

I keep looking at the CG miner logs and get a cgminer not connected page.
These are tested machines ...at least that is what AMT claimed:)
Check your cabling dude
Ps
Is there 24 performance chart available yet?
Someone?

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:44:16 AM

hmmm

If anyone is up and running with a kit and can post a picture of your set up I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:02:55 AM

I was told by AMT my order 899 would ship this week and that I should expect a tracking number either today or tmrw. Here's to hoping they actually email me a tracking number tmrw...

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: