Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:37:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:27:50 PM

Tracking number has been received. Should be here in a couple of days.

Order #?

867. It left haverford yesterday and is in MD now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 09:29:37 PM

people taking amt to court did you read fully the ts n cs? they seem pretty tight.

i bring attention to the part that says you cannot resale your miner

• Resale Prohibited. Unless expressly authorized in writing by AMT, you shall not resell Product(s). If you breach the terms of this paragraph, in addition to AMT’s cancellation rights, you agree to fully indemnify AMT, its officers, employees and distributors from any and all resulting liability, including attorneys’ fees and costs.

and this which i believe says in short. if its not our fault then we cant accept responsibility

• Excusable Delay. AMT shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform due to any cause beyond its control or the control of its suppliers or subcontractors such as, for example, strikes, acts of God, acts of Buyer, Acts of Financial Payment Processing institutions, including freezing/holding of accounts, consumer payments, and interruption of transportation or inability to obtain the necessary labor, materials or facilities. Delivery schedules shall be considered extended by a period of time which AMT deems necessary due to the event circumstances or cause of delay. In the event AMT is unable wholly or partially to perform because of any such cause it may cancel its acceptance of Buyer’s order without liability to Buyer

and this little bomb shell

Consumer Refund. AMT will only provide financial refunds if AMT is at fault for noncompliance with these terms and conditions, and any/all future terms and conditions AMT publishes and/or makes notice of.
• Dispute Resolution. AMT and Buyer will attempt to settle all claims (other than claims relating to intellectual property issues) through negotiation or non-binding mediation prior to commencement of court proceedings.

i hope you dont loose your court cases due to that...... damages zipkins way.

http://advancedminers.com/terms-of-sale-consumer/

I think there are many laws that were previously on the books that superseded these blanket statements. The one federal law about notifying the customer in 30 days of delays, is in direct conflict with this. (who do you think a judge would go with?) You might get away with writing some of this stuff on eBay, but it's not real world. And, even eBay will give you a refund when you ask.

there are laws that say you must be paid a minimum wage but if you accept a later written declaration or contract that waiver the rights then you dont have a leg to stand on. in my leyman understanding of this, this waives any responsibility of amt to delays outside of their control i.e the recent psu issues. much like bfls statement of the "3 months +" delivery date on pre orders and "all sales are final" (no refunds)

i am not professing that i have any law knowledge but if you accepted the terms after applicable laws this is what a judge 'may' say. you wavered any responsibility upon purchase. amt wins. lol.
If you've taken the full price up front in Nov/Dec and are scheduled to deliver in January, but don't bother trying to source your PSUs until March/April it's hardly a problem outside your control.

AMT didn't seem to have any problems with supplies when they posted the following:

Hey Guys,

Quick update, chips arrived today and will go to full surface mount and assembly on Tuesday. Hoping to get the first AMT1.2's shipped by Friday.

More to come...

Could you at least tell us how many chips you got so we can at least figure out how many rigs you can build and ship quickly?

Also,  is another batch of chips coming?

I can tell you that we've received a lot. And enough to make it to your order and than some for sure.

We also have 12 assemblers located at our CM 8am to 4pm. Each of which has experience in building electronic components and devices that pass UL certification and ISO standards. The average build time per build team (2 assemblers each team) was clocked at 2.5 hrs per build. This includes wiring, assembly, modular install, initial testing, and packing.

So if they are working 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week, how many miners can we build in 1 day? How many in 1 week? and How many in 1 month?

If they did, they wouldn't have needed 12 assemblers. In fact, they wouldn't have needed one, for they would've been short supplies.

Also, I still can't figure out that will all the supplies on hand, all them assemblers, and hundreds of miners shipped up to last week (their own words), how the hell they missed shipping to a single person having a low queue position as shown on a list in a thread on this forum.

Two dozens barkers, and nary a one fed unless they showed up at the office, then at least one walked away sans what they were promised to be delivered mano-y-mano.
termonator61

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:55:47 PM

Hey AMT,

I have called about once a day for the past week or so and left one or two messages. I'm order #700 and I was wondering what my status was. I look forward to hearing from you (either by phone, e-mail, or right here on the forum) and keep up the good work!

All the best,
Allen Myers
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:00:56 PM

Tracking number has been received. Should be here in a couple of days.

Order #?

867. It left haverford yesterday and is in MD now.

Did you opt for the kit?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 10:15:41 PM

We shipped his rig yesterday, we're trying to find his tracking number in the moment.

Here's a free tip. When you create shipping labels, you can enter the recipient's email address. That way the recipient gets a nice tracking email automatically! No need to hunt through thousands of receipts littering the back seat of your Pinto.

Since AMT has a corporate account at Fedex, it'll only take less than a minute to retrieve the info from Fedex's site. Same true for UPS, of which I shipped yesterday and already have an account I can visit online to hunt all past and future orders.
mellorbo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:21:27 PM

We shipped his rig yesterday, we're trying to find his tracking number in the moment.

Here's a free tip. When you create shipping labels, you can enter the recipient's email address. That way the recipient gets a nice tracking email automatically! No need to hunt through thousands of receipts littering the back seat of your Pinto.

Since AMT has a corporate account at Fedex, it'll only take less than a minute to retrieve the info from Fedex's site. Same true for UPS, of which I shipped yesterday and already have an account I can visit online to hunt all past and future orders.

i did receive my tracking number today as quoted. they "found" my tracking number and e.mailed me it today and shipped miner (diy kit)yesterday
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 10:30:55 PM

We were due to be on the expo today, booth 401, we were going to demo our 2.4's, but in light of this news we felt its best to go to Toronto instead.

This sentence doesn't make sense. It might be missing a "not". Or is that where Josh was driving last night?

correction

"We were due to be on the expo today, booth 401, we were going to demo our 2.4's, but in light of this news we felt its best not  to go and to go to Toronto instead.

At this point,  AMT needs to prioritize all the delayed orders.   No point in demo'ing some future machine if you can't deliver to anyone who purchased back in 2013.  

I am waiting for the tracking # today.  This is what Jim Brown has promised.  Please do not screw up the delivery!

BTW... if you don't plan on using booth 401,  can I take over that booth?

Hashfast has first dibs on Booth Error 401, since they, too, had to vacate their iconic booth at CES due to too many unhappy customers with pitchforks blocking paying customers.

Speaking of paying customers, what's the purpose of setting up a booth at an expo to garner orders when AMT's lawyer, Josh's sister, advised them against doing such?

Yes we turned it off for new orders as our lawyers have advised of it,...

Well legally (or on the advice of their lawyer) they could be getting halted from taking on new orders while they have the current ones to fulfill. That or after they are done with current orders they are closing up shop. Likely can't do that until they have their existing orders fulfilled or refunded. Their lawyer may have suggested that and it makes perfect legal sense. Might want to note they took down the old rendering of the 1.2 miner vs the 1.2 with the antec case. Looks like they are covering their bases. I have yet to see any notification in email since 1428 went out. Not expecting one today at this point. But hey I might actually be surprised. But somehow I doubt it. Also I like the GEICO Pinocchio better fits our real world a bit better. http://www.marketmenot.com/geico-pinocchio-bad-motivational-speaker-commercial/

I think the only way to get their attention is to get on their bad side. Maybe troll them a bit. Seems to work for everyone else on here to get a reply. OTOH since I am apparently among the last in the queue and well 1428 already is getting his order. I presumed I would be hearing something. But I think a few days or soon is my answer vs an actual commitment

The point I was trying to relay is what's the point in attending an expo to garner future sales when AMT was instructed to not do such by their lawyer, even foregoing the NYS conference due to being served lawsuit papers they claimed they've yet to receive.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 10:36:07 PM

For anyone that would like to see the lies that I have received from AMT to add to their list of lies. Newbies stay away (you've been warned multiple times by everyone here).

So what's the excuse this time AMT? I'm in USA, you can't use some lame international shipment excuse or that I'm a late order number. I have requested the DIY and still haven't received anything. I'm orders 580 and 650 so I should be one of the first to receive a DIY considering I'm low in the queue and payed you in full well within a week of ordering.

Why don't you just come clean and refund everyone before you wind up in the State Penn.? I bet this is the reason you are running to Toronto. Because the truth is you have not been shipping to anyone. You'll be lucky to only be there for 7 years after everything is said and done.

I think we should all make an effort to get AMT members in prison so they can no longer harm anyone else. What's that AMT you are working hard to fill orders? BULLSHIT!!!

On 4/4/2014 4:17 PM, Advanced Miners wrote:
>
> Your kits are ready and will be shipped tomorrow. (AMT did not ship anything.)
>
> Best Regards,
> Alyssa

On 3/6/2014 10:45 AM, Advanced Miners wrote:
>
> Your miners will be sent out very soon, monday. (Do you mean some Monday next year?)
>
> Jim

On 1/28/2014 10:17 PM, Advanced Miners wrote:
>
> Just got the chips in today really, surface goes through on monday, and we'll be rockin and rolling then. By the end of next week your miners will ship. (They have been promising to ship since forever ago. In hindsight this is getting hilarious.)
>
> All the best
>
> Jim.

On 1/9/2014 12:13 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
>
> We are still waiting on chips. The machines your ordered require the 28nm chip. I know you ordered a long time ago, I'll personally find some way to compensate you for the wait. Do not announce that on the forum because we dont want to compensate a lot of people, but i'll take care of you as best I can. (Here they are admitting to not post on the forum.)
>
> All the best
>
> Jim.

What I have highlighted seems really odd considering...

Hey Guys,

Quick update, chips arrived today and will go to full surface mount and assembly on Tuesday. Hoping to get the first AMT1.2's shipped by Friday.

More to come...
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2520

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:37:42 PM

i did receive my tracking number today as quoted. they "found" my tracking number and e.mailed me it today and shipped miner (diy kit)yesterday
Any word on if with or without PSU & wattage?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:44:24 PM

Any word on if with or without PSU & wattage?
believe no psu as its not usable in the uk and the "kit". wattage believed to be around 1000w required for the rig. will run on a killawatt device to confirm true usage

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
avaughan4

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:52:38 PM

Almost 300 pages of me asking for a refund.

I've been asking for refund or shipment in private. Neither one of us has made any progress with AMT.
I remember why, because AMT is FULL OF SHIT!!!!

I can't wait for the day that CoinDesk reports "AMT Owners get hauled off to prison after trying to escape to Bulgaria".

AMT, all you have to do is start refunding everyone. I wouldn't mind seeing you hauled off to prison. You deserve it.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:58:14 PM

Always love the "not usable in the UK" bit. Most PSU's are auto-range for voltage and if not then have a selector switch, can handle 50Hz just fine and have standard IEC receptacles on them. All they need is the right cord for the plug end or a pin adapter...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:04:06 PM

I just want a refund.
And I along with so many others hope that AMT steps up to the plate and gives it to you.

I will just be happy eventually getting my miner. To tide me over until then, got 2 more Ant S1's arriving tomorrow making 6 for me Ant Pharm...

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:20:36 PM

Thanks notfuzzywarm, with so many links on news articles to this forum, they need to do something to stop the bleeding
ja. opieum2 has given AMT a lot of sound advice on PR. Hopefully they will take some of it to heart.

Not sure if this will make it past the mods but, as been said before look at BFL: Even worse delays, had (and yes, still has) customers screaming about it and yet once they started communicating and acting on the refund issues - which took a long time and lawsuits/threat of same to do it - that mostly has been turned around reasonably well. If they can do it so can AMT.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:31:29 PM

I'm just amazed Barbecue Flambe' Liability has not been sued over their literally flaming PSU problems... Is not good when the Majik Smoke is released... Oh-oh... OT! Um, oh yeah, folks make sure that your TH miner PSU(s) has good access to air.
There. Does that do it?

mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:39:31 PM

I'm just amazed BFL has not been sued over their literally flaming PSU problems... Is not good when the Majik Smoke is released... Oh-oh... OT! Um, oh yeah, folks make sure that your TH miner PSU(s) has good access to air.
There. Does that do it?

They offer water cooling on the new miners.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:46:23 PM

the ASICS are LC on the Imp's but the PSU they need rarely is. But - they ARE available if you know where to look. Their problem is with the older miners sent out.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:57:52 PM

Thinking about toying with using a form of liquid cooling called the Rankine cycle with this 3M fluid http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=66666UgxGCuNyXTtlXftMxMVEVtQEcuZgVs6EVs6E666666--&fn=prodinfo_nvc7000.pdf
It boils at 34C - perfect point for chips to run and a Rankine cycle spinning a generator can be used to recover a substantial amount of power back from the waste heat. ref http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=66666UgxGCuNyXTtNxf2oxfaEVtQEcuZgVs6EVs6E666666--&fn=NovecFluidsORC_6003645.pdf

opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:59:30 PM

Thanks notfuzzywarm, with so many links on news articles to this forum, they need to do something to stop the bleeding
ja. opieum2 has given AMT a lot of sound advice on PR. Hopefully they will take some of it to heart.

Not sure if this will make it past the mods but, as been said before look at BFL: Even worse delays, had (and yes, still has) customers screaming about it and yet once they started communicating and acting on the refund issues - which took a long time and lawsuits/threat of same to do it - that mostly has been turned around reasonably well. If they can do it so can AMT.

I don't expect them to take anything to heart at this point. They are running on their own arrogance it seems and that's what going to cause failure. Fact is if I had to put this into an metaphor they are like a non-commital boyfriend or girlfriend. strings you along for years always hinting and giving token things to make you believe they ready for a relationship and settle down. And then at the end of your rope never do. This is essentially the business version of that. With vague language like "a few days" or "soon" when there is a firm written expectation of 6 weeks but then all sorts of other updates prior with very little info and the occasional insult to our intelligence photo of stuff. That is great in the beginning to start a viral campaign going. Its great to get people excited who were not. Not to be used as a tool to manipulate people into thinking you got a shipping product when in reality you don't have one apparently even ready.

Even now those who opted for DIY kits are still waiting (with some getting their kits this week gratz to you guys) the rest of us waiting with no update on why there is a delay on the DIY kits. The problem I have specifically is that its OUR money they are messing with. Even if it's not much to them. I opted for the kit and after they said a few days I waited 7 days before asking for an update....and as I have already said no response. Not even asking for my kit. Just a committed answer that tells me when I can reasonably expect it. Not asking for hardware or a refund at this point. I get they are WAY behind. But to be fair that should not have to be my problem. Pre-orders can be late....to a point. They said 3 weeks over the phone. Then 6 weeks on their site. Its been 8 for me (others its been months). A forum they have no link to on their site is really not the most practical way to interact with their customers. They have this supposed support portal. Not even sure what that is and what its for. Alot gets lost in here including good feedback they get from not just me but others as well. Hopefully they actually respond to something. I figure if I am hostile against them as others are I might get my already paid merchandise. Seems to work for everyone else. Phin even got a freebie out of it.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:17:02 AM

Anyone seen this before for a blade case/cage? http://www.anandtech.com/show/7770/red-harbinger-tests-the-cryptocurrency-chassis-market-the-dopamine
Looks mighty interesting. Wonder if it would fit our stuff?

Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: