Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:42:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
mellorbo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:55:21 AM

another fyi u all asked where are the miners set up for "test" well mine is set to btc guild NOT eligus
Eligius graph is great though...
Will you share your impressions with us?
What i am expecting to see is 1.2T straight line graph for at least 24 hours. That will mean it works Wink

i cant show you 1.2th lmao my miner is the 520gh with a extra board but i will show it running once build is finished and will give a honest review.
i will be mining at ghash.io so will take screen shots 24hr after start to show avg hash. i have never used eligus tbh
It means that you have 4 blades in total right?

Assuming 1.2T (will be) is with 5 blades you have to be able to reach 1.2 / 5 * 4 = 0.96T. According to AMT (AFTER MILLIONS OF LIES AT THE END) The power draw AT THE WALL should be around 1.1KW /5 *4 = 0.88KW Grin Grin Grin Grin

Correct?

Please be so kind to tell us your extra costs about PSU if you both any fans or whatever

Thanks

no its 3 blades on a 600w psu (backplane and 1 blade) and a 750w (pi, fans and 2 blades) spare from 2 ltc mining rigs. fans powerfull and kick up after pi boot. no kw meter as of yet but figured 300w per card so around 900w. 

2 mins after start up not sure if it gotta warm up, possibly under powering it. all new territory.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:23:23 PM

another fyi u all asked where are the miners set up for "test" well mine is set to btc guild NOT eligus
What i am expecting to see is 1.2T straight line graph for at least 24 hours. That will mean it works Wink

i cant show you 1.2th lmao my miner is the 520gh with a extra board but i will show it running once build is finished and will give a honest review.
i will be mining at ghash.io so will take screen shots 24hr after start to show avg hash. i have never used eligus tbh

Assuming 1.2T (will be) is with 5 blades you have to be able to reach 1.2 / 5 * 4 = 0.96T. According to AMT (AFTER MILLIONS OF LIES AT THE END) The power draw AT THE WALL should be around 1.1KW /5 *4 = 0.88KW Grin Grin Grin Grin

Correct?

Please be so kind to tell us your extra costs about PSU if you both any fans or whatever

Thanks

no its 3 blades on a 600w psu (backplane and 1 blade) and a 750w (pi, fans and 2 blades) spare from 2 ltc mining rigs. fans powerfull and kick up after pi boot. no kw meter as of yet but figured 300w per card so around 900w. 

2 mins after start up not sure if it gotta warm up, possibly under powering it. all new territory.
Normal .....
if they mine at diff one for sure blade 3 is crap
however they can tell the asics to return only diff matching pool diff in that case some time is needed for it to level

Watch your pool do not trust this web shit!

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
tonyca

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:40:33 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 12:50:59 PM by tonyca

We were due to be on the expo today, booth 401, we were going to demo our 2.4's, but in light of this news we felt its best to go to Toronto instead.

This sentence doesn't make sense. It might be missing a "not". Or is that where Josh was driving last night?

correction

"We were due to be on the expo today, booth 401, we were going to demo our 2.4's, but in light of this news we felt its best not  to go and to go to Toronto instead.

AMT_miner,I understand you guys attend TORONTO BITCOIN EXPO April 11-13, Please bring me my 2 miners to Toronto,I'm in Toronto. I would like to pick up from EXPO.  I supposed receive beginning of January,checked my email one #962 got transferred from Carols,Jim promised 2 times but never happened,let me know if this works out for you.

Dude, now there are plenty of "not's" in this post.
Which part of not are you not understanding? Wink

Apologies Tonyca, after rereading their post I see it was me who did not understand.

AMT_Miners, are you coming to Toronto this weekend  from April 11-April 13 2014 for BITCOIN EXPO?  Bring me the miners or refund me. Thanks.

I can provide good review too,but where is my miners? 3 months and more no miners, can you apply Miner protection plan to our earliest orders in Nov of 2013?

Hope you are the responsible company.

Thanks.

To AMT_miners,

I sent email to your orders@ sales@,cced Jim etc. regarding my orders at 10:52PM EST on April 8.2014,one is transferred from Carlos,please response to my email or give me a call.

I always nice to you guys. check out my email chain,Jim promised me couple of times he ships my miner. but nothing happened, I got so frustrated on this.

Everyday I'm expecting the miner coming since new year of 2014, but never happened,3 months passed,still nothing.

A lot of ppl here orders seems to be shipped, and I still get nothing,so please kindly refund me.

Thank you kindly,
Tony

BTC: 1KS9rRw6uv7mptjEVhBHYMtGKK2QfWVju4
AMT order #645 and #962, where is my refund?
totally amount is US(645#for $ 5155+#962 for $6089)= US$11244
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:47:51 PM

Correct?

Thanks

Normal .....
however they can tell the asics to return only diff matching pool diff in that case some time is needed for it to level

Another way to reliably monitor it is using BFGminer (works for 32bit version only can be installed in 64bit Windows though) in proxy mode. Point your miner to the machine running bfgminer --http-port option, while pointing bfgminer to your chosen pool. Should give you an accurate picture as to how it mines. If you want to go the extra mile use cgwatcher for a much more user friendly interface to watch it with. Can even export the data and reports. That would work best for checking a sustained check. That said the web interface should be just fine to watch it also. But accurate real time stats would be better via bfgminer IMO.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2520

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:20:50 PM

<big snip>
 Don't trust the lawyers, they are in the business of making themselves money, not you. (Don't be fooled by the gains "they made themselves", ask them "what gains did you make for your clients". You will see that they fall silent, when asked that question. The answer is "none", no "gains" were made for the clients.)

P.P.S. SPARTA! (#300... Come on people, that should have been in the first post on this page!)
Reminds me of the customers yachts story. Short version: A lawyer (or a financial adviser) wants to take a friend out on his boat. They get to the marina and the friend is marveling at all the various yachts around. "Yes, there are many bankers, lawyers and FA's with boats here" says the Lawyer. His friend then asks, "Where are their customers yachts?"

Yes they may 'punish the company' but in the end the lawyers get most of the money.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:24:11 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 04:42:19 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

A few questions about setting up the full AMT 1.2 miner:

1) I assume I can just aquire an IP (or set one statically)
2) Set my pool.
3) browse to the IP set and type admin/admin
4) Begin mining.

I don't really understand all the unplugging the Pi, do I really need to mess with that or the wires?

Also, if the flash is proprietary:

1) is there a way to back it up?
2) can you post a generic BIN file.
3) would it be possible if the board went bad just to buy another one and restore the file(s).

Thanks
Does the RasPi have a micro-SD card on it? Many do. That is where the OS and such are. Just pop it out and copy like any other mem card.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:36:33 PM

Most reliable method IMO is to make a dd image of the SDcard and keep it backed up somewhere (or two) this way if you ever needed to restore it would just be a matter of running the DD command (windows or Linux) back onto the sdcard or its replacement. 

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
mellorbo

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:44:06 PM

2) Set my pool.
4) Begin mining.

I don't really understand all the unplugging the Pi, do I really need to mess with that or the wires?

3) would it be possible if the board went bad just to buy another one and restore the file(s).

Thanks
its as simple as 192.168.1.whatever and access it from firefox.. change 1 setting in there and your locked out i know this. think i changed amt gui ssh setting by accident and no more gui lol Embarrassed
to get ip adress you use pi on hdmi and type ifconfig
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:52:13 PM

2) Set my pool.
4) Begin mining.

Thanks
its as simple as 192.168.1.whatever and access it from firefox.. change 1 setting in there and your locked out i know this. think i changed amt gui ssh setting by accident and no more gui lol Embarrassed

Hey,
can you post again some performance update from your pool graph preferably?

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:55:08 PM

There should be a tiny black button on the RasPi maybe2mm dia. on almost as tiny little metal box. That would be the reset default button. With power on, press and hold for 5-10 sec and then wait for system to reload & reboot.

Only question is did AMT allow for this.

kklingo65

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:22:58 PM

Correct?

Thanks

Normal .....

Another way to reliably monitor it is using BFGminer (works for 32bit version only can be installed in 64bit Windows though) in proxy mode. Point your miner to the machine running bfgminer --http-port option, while pointing bfgminer to your chosen pool. Should give you an accurate picture as to how it mines. If you want to go the extra mile use cgwatcher for a much more user friendly interface to watch it with. Can even export the data and reports. That would work best for checking a sustained check. That said the web interface should be just fine to watch it also. But accurate real time stats would be better via bfgminer IMO.

Hey guys, can anyone tell me if its better to get the do it yourself kit or wait another week for the full package.... Im due to receive my  miner very soon ? ? ?
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:32:41 PM

Hey guys, can anyone tell me if its better to get the do it yourself kit or wait another week for the full package.... Im due to receive my  miner very soon ? ? ?

Since you had to ask, I would say that it is safer to wait for the whole package. (Your asking, leads me to assume you may have doubts about playing with the raw components of the system. Not trying to imply anything, other than that.)

It is more than just a "connect wire and run", kit... There is a lot to contend with.

That is just my opinion. (Unless you want to risk damage that may or may not be covered.)
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:36:14 PM

Since you had to ask, I would say that it is safer to wait for the whole package. (Your asking, leads me to assume you may have doubts about playing with the raw components of the system. Not trying to imply anything, other than that.)

It is more than just a "connect wire and run", kit... There is a lot to contend with.

That is just my opinion. (Unless you want to risk damage that may or may not be covered.)
Yeah such as locking yourself out of the amt gui no idea how to get back in it. Only changed the ssh from on to off but wont allow access now.
No reset switch

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:07:05 PM

i have been reading over some of the post about going to go into ssh and all this jazz. Did i miss something, is it plug and play (short of adding pool info) or what? would you say this is a similar interface to the antminer interface?

mellorbo

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:08:52 PM

i have been reading over some of the post about going to go into ssh and all this jazz. Did i miss something, is it plug and play (short of adding pool info) or what? would you say this is a similar interface to the antminer interface?
the interface is fine dont change ssh setting it locks you out. no idea how to restore the amt settings for it either.
subseaguru

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:10:39 PM

if only a few people have received the 1.2Ths, then i guess its safe to assume that the 2.4Ths didnt make the April 1st shipment. what about the 3.2Ths units? how far back are they postponed?

subseaguru

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:11:17 PM

the interface is fine dont change ssh setting it locks you out. no idea how to restore the amt settings for it either.
ok thanks for the reply.

mellorbo

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:50:54 PM

does anyone know how to reset the amt software settings. im locked out of the rig ffs
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:56:51 PM

2) Set my pool.
4) Begin mining.

Thanks

If you don't figure it out let us know.

We can tell you right now your under powering it or the voltage output needs to be adjusted. Let us know if you have a DVM and thermal probe/thermal temp gun (preferably a thermal probe coming off the DVM). You'll need both to make this test. Test the chip voltage next to the chip on each board, you'll do this by hitting ground and measuring the either the 107 or 337 cap next to the chip. Should be between .82 - .85 but not over .85.  The voltage may be set too low for your dual power supply setup. We can walk you through this, but we're not doing it here so other people can increase their voltage and burn out there machines and scream RMA. Also this will help us as we have several clients in GB and need to ship to them as well, but we weren't sure which setting would be the best.

Please check your PM.

mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:56:58 PM

does anyone know how to reset the amt software settings. im locked out of the rig ffs

I think we need to find out if there is a reset switch, if not how to restore things if they break, etc.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: