Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:52:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:33:50 PM

4k? Man don't you think I been hit hard enough already?

Best of luck getting 6K. 4K is a very decent offer considering all the other available A1 miners in that price range.

"All the others"... 1.2THs... That are real...

I see a few 1.0THs miners, that are OC'ed to get 1.0THs selling for $6-$7K. I don't see any $4K 1.2THs miners.
(That are being shipped, or not obvious scams.)

Coincraft Desk 1.0THs: $5,679.00 (Beginning of May) + VAT
Coincraft Rig 1.25THs: $7,999.00 (End of April) + VAT

DragonMiner 1.0THs: $3,990.00 (One unit in stock) PSU won't deliver 1.0GHs, maybe 900GHs + Import taxes
MintForge 1.0THs: $3,999.00 (? in stock) {Power supply is included (970w operation)} + Import taxes
China Delivery: May or may-not ever get to you, in 3-12 weeks.
(Ebay can confirm those delivery possibilities as facts, as well as all the AVALON threads. China: Refunds... Hahahahaha, yea right! China: Guarantee: Hahahahaha One month of operation, before they change names again, and run, as units start to die. "Buy now, before it is all be going!")

AMT 1.2THs: $5,599.00 (By the way things are turning around now, April/May delivery.)* {My estimate, not AMT's}
Still the best value, at any rate. In the USA.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:18:35 PM

Well I finally got a reply. They will be shipping my miners at the end of the week. I will be posting an in-depth review on them once I get them. Seeing as they use a rasberryPI I will be easily able to query resource usage and power output as well, anyone know what linux distro AMT is running on the miners? Not that it matters BUT if I can install a single tool to monitor power usage it would go a long way towards getting repeatable consistent results from the OS itself. Powerstat is the tool I would be using as part of my test suite to measure power.

Maybe with some work we can squeeze out some more juice if the right tweaks are in place. But for the moment I think just getting the hardware and measuring its baseline performance is the first step.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:24:02 PM

Well I finally got a reply. They will be shipping my miners at the end of the week. I will be posting an in-depth review on them once I get them. Seeing as they use a rasberryPI I will be easily able to query resource usage and power output as well, anyone know what linux distro AMT is running on the miners? Not that it matters BUT if I can install a single tool to monitor power usage it would go a long way towards getting repeatable consistent results from the OS itself. Powerstat is the tool I would be using as part of my test suite to measure power.

Maybe with some work we can squeeze out some more juice if the right tweaks are in place. But for the moment I think just getting the hardware and measuring its baseline performance is the first step.

Invest in one of these...http://www.p3international.com/products/p4400.html

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:34:03 PM

That's the only power rating that matters, at the wall. But I don't recommend leaving the kill-a-watt plugged in full time. They don't last long run 24/7 with high wattage draws.

Buy & Hold
opieum2

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:35:47 PM

Yea got one of those too. Its part of my testing suite. I just want to see if the OS reports the same general information. Consistency and repeatability is the goal here which the killawatt can do on its own too BUT having a second internalized tool I can refer to later on can help too. I will set it up in my office for now as I cleared the circuit for a single unit temporarily until I get it housed in the colo. I just wanted to get a review out on it.

I will do a written review with alot of detail and data. Prepared the format already just gotta start setting it up. Figure this will be important for benchmarks and such. Might post it in a separate thread tho. It will get lost in here.

mrpark

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:21:28 PM

That's the only power rating that matters, at the wall. But I don't recommend leaving the kill-a-watt plugged in full time. They don't last long run 24/7 with high wattage draws.

Really? I've been running mine 1200W for a long time on a litecoin rig. Hmm,...

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2520

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:48:25 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 11:11:06 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Bet they are running Arch and possibly OpenWrt if there is an internal router for feeding the ASICS. The miner prog itself should be CGminer. Just a guess but that is how Ants do it. Should be able to just ssh or PuTTY the IP address to get in.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:04:28 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 11:20:19 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Yea got one of those too. Its part of my testing suite. I just want to see if the OS reports the same general information. Consistency and repeatability is the goal here which the killawatt can do on its own too BUT having a second internalized tool I can refer to later on can help too. I will set it up in my office for now as I cleared the circuit for a single unit temporarily until I get it housed in the colo. I just wanted to get a review out on it.

I will do a written review with alot of detail and data. Prepared the format already just gotta start setting it up. Figure this will be important for benchmarks and such. Might post it in a separate thread tho. It will get lost in here.
One biggie benchmark should definitely be HW error rate on them both raw and calc'd per the usual format,  Error % = HW/(diffA+DiffR+HW)*100

The worst of my S1's over the past 4 days stands at 0.0000019768% error rate. My best one adds several more zeros in there... Raw HW counts: worst 36,438, best Ant a mear 526. Again that is over the past 4d 17h 23m 40s. Frickin' outstanding!

My only comparison is my 2 10ghs Jala's. One holds @ 0.37% the other @ 6.7% calc's error rate...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:25:32 PM

The goal is to get an overall picture of how it performs. The good part is I will have two so I can easily do an apples to apples comparison doing the same exact tests. That is a decent enough sample to get some consistent results. But because I will be running the tests from my residence on a dedicated 20a circuit I will only be able to do one at a time. But the idea is to get actual/average wattage under low,normal and turbo usage. Casey reported 1.5Ths. I am already working on the setup I will be using to monitor the whole thing as well. The idea is to get a 24-48 hour test on each machine. This will give me the most consistent results.

5 minutes is not enough. Fact is they really need to have some time to "warm up" and get to their optimal speeds. At least that's the idea. Either way I just want to get a consistent test over a period of time. Might start with a 1h-6h-12h-24h-48h results. This way it can be seen how they perform over a period of time. Working on how to best output those results.    

FYI that also means all the other stats that go with a miner, hardware errors, rejections, etc. The idea is as much data to parse.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:41:21 PM

Do these have a web interface aside from an IP setup, and pool/password menus? Would be nice. (Ants do). All kinds of info including network traffic is available. Also allows for all the usual 'ux type shells, system maint., & other goodies.

mrpark

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:45:47 PM

There is a manual and instructions on AMTs website, but I guess you need a password they send with your miner. I need the info myself to test the miner.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:09:17 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 12:20:43 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

If they are anything like the ones for Ants...  Roll Eyes Also only gotten on-line but free for all. Needlessly wordy and sorely lacking proper procedure and critical info. Like LAN menu is for the asic router - do not touch. WAN is where ya setup the 'net IP...

1st Ant I did took me 45min to figure things out. Now only takes maybe 5min including the reboot. Here's to hoping AMT did a better job on what should be a very simple procedure!

regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:33:47 AM

There is a manual and instructions on AMTs website, but I guess you need a password they send with your miner. I need the info myself to test the miner.
THAT SECTION IS IN DEVELOPMENT. NO USER HAS ACCES TO THE INFORMATION AS OF YET. I JUST HOPE THERE IS AN INSTRUCTION BOOK IN THE BOX :-p IF NOT A YOUTUBE VIDEO OF SETUP AND USE SHALL BE MADE AVAILABLE. IF I CAN FIGURE IT OUT MYSELF. SOMETHING AS A COMUNITY WE SHOULD BE DOING IS SHARING WHAT WE HAVE LEARNED. SO FAR NO WILD AMT MINERS WANT TO BE FILMED

sorry 4 caps been playing arma 3, didnt notice till it was too late

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:42:13 AM

hopefully the hardest part is setting a laptop/netbook/whatever to the right subnet the miner is on so ya can get in. Or - since the RasPi has HMDI out and we see USB ports - maybe just takes a kybd & mouse like security vid recorders do? Now THAT would be nice. Truly stand-alone

regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:56:19 AM

hopefully the hardest part is setting a laptop/netbook/whatever to the right subnet the miner is on so ya can get in. Or - since the RasPi has HMDI out and we see USB ports - maybe just takes a kybd & mouse like security vid recorders do? Now THAT would be nice. Truly stand-alone
could you install team viewer on the pi? app on the phone, run it that way.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
opieum2

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:03:47 AM

I plan to internally monitor the setup and proxy the connections out to the pools. Looking to monitor the workload on this on my end vs relying on the pools reported hashrates. Tricky part is the proxies themselves.

I don't want to spend too much time individually monitoring every single device. Ideally a simple at a glance NOC-like setup is what I need. And its scalable.  

mrpark

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:28:40 AM

I don't think team viewer will install on Pi, I couldn't imagine that it doesn't have a web interface.

AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:34:27 AM

Crickets in here. The thread is uncharacteristically quiet today. AMT has gone silent again also. I imagine they are putting together the rest of the miners at this point. Hopefully we get that announcement they promised for yesterday. They dropped the ball on that. Like a basketball player without arms. Not alot of confidence on the communication if they keep dropping the ball. Hard to take them seriously when they cant even communicate back to us as they (AMT) said they would.

Not trying to drop the ball, just been busy trying to figure out that out actually. We're crunching numbers, seeing what can be done and where it can be done and what's realistic without sinking the ship.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:35:04 AM

We'll see how they handle things. My guess is they are getting the later orders shipped first with the thought that if they are going to honor the MPP they should get  into the newest orders first.

Then anyone who should have MPP can be dealt with at that point based on oldest order first. 

I sure hope this is what is happening. It's kind of hard watching people get miners ordered in Jan.-Feb. When my orders go back to mid Nov. However I decided not to opt for the kit as I would rather wait for the upgrade. I did e-mail them quite a while back letting them know my expectations and never received a response so I'm not sure what their plan is, or if they have one.

On a side note: one morning in Nov. when trying to decide to invest in a miner I woke up and checked the price of bitcoin and the price was $420.00 on the money.
Being a fan I took it as a good omen. I placed my 1st order 11/19. I had no idea I would be sitting here nearly 6 months later hoping to get my equipment by 4/20 and wondering if I will get at least a %42.0 return on my investment. Undecided

AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:35:22 AM

Crickets in here. The thread is uncharacteristically quiet today. AMT has gone silent again also. I imagine they are putting together the rest of the miners at this point. Hopefully we get that announcement they promised for yesterday. They dropped the ball on that. Like a basketball player without arms. Not alot of confidence on the communication if they keep dropping the ball. Hard to take them seriously when they cant even communicate back to us as they (AMT) said they would.

You never know one day out of the blue you may be contacted by the Zipkin the great and powerful out of the blue via phone call.

I'm going to be completely honest here. I was shocked that I actually got a call personally. It was welcome and hopefully signals a change in their willingness to communicate directly with customers. He was matter of fact on the phone and acknowledged that they had made mistakes. I can't imagine it's something the owner of the company wants to outright say but the fact they recognize it might be their saving grace. If they really work their asses off here there might be a chance they can turn it around.

If they focus on the positives like the fact they are finally shipping something. And maybe do some self promotion on their website they could spin things into a favorable light.

If they list the DIY kit option on the site as something to purchase it would give legitimacy to the product in that form.

We'll see how they handle things. My guess is they are getting the later orders shipped first with the thought that if they are going to honor the MPP they should get  into the newest orders first.

Then anyone who should have MPP can be dealt with at that point based on oldest order first. 

Thats possible. I am one of those later/newer orders. in the upper 1400s. Curious how I still haven't heard from them. I usually am pretty positive about things. Supportive of startups. But damn there comes a point when not hearing from them unless I got money to give them just looks really really bad. The DIY as it is is a bit of a compromise I am willing to accept so long as I get something to compensate as money is being lost with lack of equipment. They still haven't announced this plan they said they would lay out yesterday.

I even offered to pay an extra grand and personally pick up my miners in person but even still they won't update me on what's going on with my order 899

Alyssa should've gotten back to you today regarding your order.
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: