Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:08:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:27:46 PM

Remember, if you do use 2 PSU's... you WILL need something on both PSU's to give the PSU a 5v load. Without something on the 5v rail, the 12v rail will not have a reff-voltage to stabilize correctly.

EG, plug an old CD-Drive or Floppy-Drive or any other device into one of the standard MOLEX (four prong "oooo" cables.) For the AMT unit PSU, this would be the raspberrypi as the 5v load. For the other PSU, you will need another device. (Find a nice 5v LED-light display, and you have a cool load to light-up the cards. Tongue)

P.S. An external 12v fan, will not work, as it does not use the 5v on the molex connections, though it may have a wire Wink on the plug, it is not actually connected to anything. (It will say 12v on the fans sticker.)

You know if you have power issues, because some boards will run at abnormal speeds. If you turn the unit off, and remove a board, and the remaining boards run normal... or better... then you are running into voltage issues. The PSU is not providing enough AMPs, while it tries to maintain the correct VOLTs. (Thus, the stated above solution, or you need a PSU with more AMPs on the 12v rails, to match the cards draw.)

When buying a PSU, you want to mind the RAILs and the AMPs per rail.

+12v/+12v (2 rails) *may not be split correctly for 5 cards, 2 @ 30a each (great), 3 @ 20a each (starved)
60a/60a

+12v (1 rail) *better for 5 cards, 5 @ 24a each (ok)
120a

That is just an example. I will know more detail about each cards individual "ideal power consumption", as my unit arrives for testing.
Not the case dude
The real problem is mixing psu grounds and results can be amazing depending how your home is wired and if power plug is rotated at 180 degrees Wink and so on and on
Short story do not do it
Long story ask someone who do you trust and knows that stuff for detailed explanation
I have gone to all of this and have bitter experience. No mater if it seems done right a lot wired things are about to happen. Trust me unless it seems useless to you also
Ps did I read it right ?
 120 amps for 5 cards at 12 v?
Which makes Huh?? At the wall
Nice
I guess 500 to 700w max Grin
Ok I am a jerk let us make them 900w Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:34:25 PM

Fedex tracking says "On FedEx vehicle for delivery"

Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:35:24 PM

Still no tracking number....

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:35:38 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 07:46:14 PM by ISAWHIM

Not the case dude
The real problem is mixing psu grounds and results can be amazing depending how your home is wired and if power plug is rotated at 180 degrees Wink
Short story do not do it
Long story ask someone who do you trust and knows that stuff for detailed explanation

Grounded plugs (|.|) can not be "rotated 180 deg". Nor can EU plugs (-|). Nor can most standard US non-grounded plugs (! |) {narrow prong, wide prong} {Even still, the rectifier isolates + from -, adding the - to the ground. The PSU will not start otherwise, it would fault.}

+12v is +12v on the output of every PSU, ground is ground on every PSU.

Dual PSU's are common, and standard, especially in servers. If it was an "issue", you couldn't touch one PC to another, or power one device from a wall-wart, that was plugged-in to your PSU... like um... USB-hubs, external drives, network cards, high-speed modems. They do not use full isolation, they all share a common ground, and have independent voltage inputs.

These simplify the process of adding multiple PSU's to one source... They usually have a relay on the 5v rail, which doubles as the 5v load too.
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g12/c133/s1513/list/p1/Accessories-PC_Tools-Multi_PSU_Adapter-Page1.html

Here is a nice write-up...
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/91808-add2psu-how-to-combine-multiple-power-supplies-in-a-single-computer
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 07:38:39 PM

Got this e-mail today:

"Hi Steven,

Jim took a leave of absence due to stress and basically coming close to a heart attack the other day.

I'll take over on this one and I'll get back to you a bit later today regarding your orders.

Thanks and all the best to you,

Alyssa".

All my best to Jim, I hope he gets his health back soon.  I am sure he is under a lot of stress lately.

Wow....  I can just imagine... not only do they have upset customers... they've got legal folks and government officials now watching them like a hawk.   I would not want to be in their position.
Do you guy's believe in this shit?
There is no Jim there or if there is one it is not your fault at all
Basically everyone gets what he deserves someday....

Actually, there was a kid (meaning younger than Josh Zipkin) when I visited that went by the name Jim Brown, but I didn't have the privilege to see his, nor anybody else's ID.

According to our (Josh and I) conversations, with Jim(?) sitting next to him, Jim didn't even frequent this forum, let along post under the AMT_miners account. Jim Brown(?) supposedly only handled the tech aspect at the facility(s), leaving the convos to Josh, et al.

The way it reads to me is that Joshua Zipkin, CEO of AMT, is just trying to pull a rabbit outta his hat, possibly so he would longer have to reply to any tech support questions as the miners are supposedly in route to their couple dozen or so customers.

Remember, this is probably in the Jewish Bulgarian Freemasons Gimp Bastard's playbook.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 07:40:37 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 07:57:41 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Got this e-mail today:

"Hi Steven,

Jim took a leave of absence due to stress and basically coming close to a heart attack the other day.

I'll take over on this one and I'll get back to you a bit later today regarding your orders.

Thanks and all the best to you,

Alyssa".

All my best to Jim, I hope he gets his health back soon.  I am sure he is under a lot of stress lately.

Wow....  I can just imagine... not only do they have upset customers... they've got legal folks and government officials now watching them like a hawk.   I would not want to be in their position.
Do you guy's believe in this shit?
There is no Jim there or if there is one it is not your fault at all
Basically everyone gets what he deserves someday....

No offense....actually I am totally offending, but you are a dick. Phin already actually met Jim and even had a smoke with the guy. So yea this particular bit could easily be the real deal. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and say the kind of shit you do without really thinking about it. With all the crap coming down on them now this could easily be the case. Not wishing someone dies or get a heart-attack over this.
And at least someone from AMT is handling the order. Wishing someone's death over something like this is just all sorts of fucked up. But then karma is a bitch and it usually rebounds on the person wishing the death (if you believe in Karma but usually the universe somehow makes it work).

I'm going to have to hunt down that post I made where I stated that I had a smoke with Jim(?). It is true that I did, but at this penning I don't recall stating such.

EDIT: I do recall stating such.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:41:59 PM

Not the case dude
The real problem is mixing psu grounds and results can be amazing depending how your home is wired and if power plug is rotated at 180 degrees Wink
Short story do not do it

Grounded plugs (|.|) can not be "rotated 180 deg". Nor can EU plugs (-|). Nor can most standard US non-grounded plugs (! |) {narrow prong, wide prong} {Even still, the rectifier isolates + from -, adding the - to the ground. The PSU will not start otherwise, it would fault.}

Dual PSU's are common, and standard, especially in servers. If it was an "issue", you couldn't touch one PC to another, or power one device from a wall-wart, that was plugged-in to your PSU... like um... USB-hubs, external drives, network cards, high-speed modems. They do not use full isolation, they all share a common ground, and have independent voltage inputs.
As I said all depends how is your home wired and grounded.
But you can experiment with it
However if your home is a server room and it is wired and grounded properly there is nothing to fear of Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:47:47 PM

Phinn,
Are you saing that most probably there is no Jim at all?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 07:55:47 PM

Phinn,

There was a guy in the office that went by the name Jim Brown, and even referred to Josh as his brother while we were having a smoke outside (just recalled that I probably did pen such), but I never asked for, nor seen any ID. Same true for the Rob dude that was there.

My guess is that there were both there to also act as body guards, even though I arrived alone and had no qualms with walking into some strange office late at night to meet up with three dudes, one of which probably despised my guts.

Jim Brown(?) seemed pretty healthy to me, but I guess a heart attack is possible if one consumes too many Red Bulls. For some reason I don't believe the clan does drugs, so maybe be able to rule that out.

That said, I'm leaning heavily toward this being a ruse.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:01:14 PM

Phinn,

There was a guy in the office that went by the name Jim Brown, and even referred to Josh as his brother while we were having a smoke outside (just recalled that I probably did pen such), but I never asked for, nor seen any ID. Same true for the Rob dude that was there.

My guess is that there were both there to also act as body guards, even though I arrived alone and had no qualms with walking into some strange office late at night to meet up with three dudes, one of which probably despised my guts.

Jim Brown(?) seemed pretty healthy to me, but I guess a heart attack is possible if one consumes too many Red Bulls. For some reason I don't believe the clan does drugs, so maybe be able to rule that out.

10x Phinn

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:02:46 PM

Fedex tracking says "On FedEx vehicle for delivery"

Congrats!
Will you be so kind to post 24 hour pool chart of miner performance at some point?

opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:10:01 PM

Phinn,

Whatever the case it still does not release them from the obligations of what they have already stated. I am expecting a tracking number myself today as it is the end of the week (work week).
While I wish Jim well, there are other people in the company who can handle whatever it is needs handling. I think people would be more forgiving if it was a solo operation or the first time there was a delay. But that is not the case.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Chazaki

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:17:37 PM

Phinn,

Whatever the case it still does not release them from the obligations of what they have already stated. I am expecting a tracking number myself today as it is the end of the week (work week).
While I wish Jim well, there are other people in the company who can handle whatever it is needs handling. I think people would be more forgiving if it was a solo operation or the first time there was a delay. But that is not the case.

+1

[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:28:24 PM

That is exactly what I said do not knowing Jim is a real person.
You can use google to translate it if you wish. And I clearly said that I do hope he gets better in most sincere way
However for me some things just do not go buy so I will say again and agin what amt are doing because they will continue to do it in the feature. Someday you can go back 200 pages and found my post staying here
Basically you have two options to get rid of me
1. Ask mods to ban me permanently
2. Use ignore button
3 both one and two

Agreed, And I have done both. Likley just remove your posts but I will just put you on ignore. I had you on it until recently. Clearly you are still just as useless as before.

+1  Agree... utterly useless.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:41:21 PM

Not the case dude
Short story do not do it

As I said all depends how is your home wired and grounded.
But you can experiment with it
However if your home is a server room and it is wired and grounded properly there is nothing to fear of Grin

Any computer power supply is isolated from the AC to DC side, so there is no issue with connecting multiple outputs in parallel as long as the voltages are the same and they share current nicely. Even that doesn't matter for this application as you can run one PSU to a couple boards and another PSU to the rest without even joining the 12V lines. The one issue you can have to watch out for is that some supplies (especially server ones) have the output ground tied to the case, so if you're trying to connect two in series they can short out if you touch the cases together.

Remember, if you do use 2 PSU's... you WILL need something on both PSU's to give the PSU a 5v load. Without something on the 5v rail, the 12v rail will not have a reff-voltage to stabilize correctly.

EG, plug an old CD-Drive or Floppy-Drive or any other device into one of the standard MOLEX (four prong "oooo" cables.) For the AMT unit PSU, this would be the raspberrypi as the 5v load. For the other PSU, you will need another device. (Find a nice 5v LED-light display, and you have a cool load to light-up the cards. Tongue)

P.S. An external 12v fan, will not work, as it does not use the 5v on the molex connections, though it may have a wire on the plug, it is not actually connected to anything. (It will say 12v on the fans sticker.)

NOTE: Without something on the +5v load, you may only have 50-80% of that amperage on the 12v rails. Voltage will actually drop to 10.5v-11.5v once the unit starts running, on the weak rail, in a multi-rail PSU. That, or it will remain 12v, but be lower available amps then expected. Only 30a-45a per rail, in the dual-rail setup mentioned above.

That is just an example. I will know more detail about each cards individual "ideal power consumption", as my unit arrives for testing.
This is only true for group regulated power supplies. Thankfully they're becoming less common and are almost unheard of in a modern high power PSU. Pretty much anything in the 800W+ range or Gold rated will use a single 12V rail and then use DC/DC to get the minor rails. You mostly only have to worry about this in smaller budget PSUs usually of the bronze variety, like the popular Corsair CX series.
Chazaki

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:41:05 PM

I emailed AMT on March 31, 2014 opting for 2 kits instead of complete miners for Order #1562.

On March 31st, 2014 Jim wrote:

"Nick,

You've been added to the kit list. Please expect a tracking number between now and friday.

Best
Jim"

So I purchased two Enermax MaxRevo 1500's at a cost of $750 which have been sitting at my shop since April 3, 2014.  I should have received a tracking number by April 4, 2014, as per Jim.  Still no tracking number.  I have emailed Jim and Alyssa twice and called and left one message with no responses since April 4, 2014.  Always being respectful when I do so.

So I will ask again.  AMT, can you please tell me when will you been shipping my kits and emailing me a tracking number?

Thank you for your response in advance,

Nick

Still no tracking

Same, and I honestly can say I'm not all that surprised....

mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:16:55 PM

My miner came today, almost no packing on the ends. It's smashed in many pieces, also parts falling out everywhere. It looks like it was in a car accident. The front, back and sides are all busted.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
Blaater

Activity: 462
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:23:12 PM

My miner came today, almost no packing on the ends. It's smashed in many pieces, also parts falling out everywhere. It looks like it was in a car accident.

Can you make pictures?
opieum2

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:51:16 PM

Oh this is not a good thing. Damn for all that trouble I may as well go pick mine up. Im close enough that I can.

opieum2

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:59:06 PM

Sooo pretty much this happened to it then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk sorry to make light but I think this is starting to look like a pattern from other reports of similar damage like the smashed cage a few pages back. This is pretty negligent behavior.

Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: