Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:38:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:18:37 AM

Well,I have 2 of em on a 900 watt UPS/battery backup (no OC'in),my circuit is on a 20 amp breaker on 14 AWG-I limit my amperage to 14 or less though  Wink

Besides the Ants,I have a BFL 30GH'er @ 160 watts & 4 Drillbits @ 25 watts each & 1 5870 mining alt coins= 1400 watts=11.6 amps.Everthing is on UPS's & they show the wattage amount,just add em up  Cool

I've been in my attic & breaker box to check temps on all wires/outlets & nothing gets even warm................I also use an ampmeter at the box to double check  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pjviitas

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:24:55 AM

Question for thread

People who have multiple miners, how do you have them plugged in?  And what do you have them plugged into?  I had 4 miners in a power strip, but they tripped the protection after awhile.  Just curious as to what you all are doing....

4 ants shouldn't trip a 110v 15 amp power strip. You might need to get more efficient power supplies if you are tripping the strip, or a different strip.

They can. It all depends on the application, and the power strip. If the Ants are drawing 400W at the plug, that's 1600W. If the voltage at the plug is 105V (which is possible with a 15A draw if the run of wire is long enough) you'll be over 15A.

A standard power strip might also not take kindly to being run at or near 15A constantly, and could easily nuisance trip. You should derate it the same way you would a normal circuit breaker.

I wouldn't suggest running more than 3 miners on one 15A breaker and even each one would have its own dedicated bronze PSU.  You can only run a PSU at 50% to get the best efficiency out of them.
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:25:58 AM

Oh i know it's the strip, it's not the power supplies.  I need a more powerful power strip.  I'm trying not to grab a monster cable power supply.  But it's looking like i'm just going to have to power up the power strip.

http://www.amazon.com/P3-P4330-Kill---Watt-Protector/dp/B004OG94VW/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1392523961&sr=1-3

I think this is what i need. 

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:00:45 AM

Question for thread

People who have multiple miners, how do you have them plugged in?  And what do you have them plugged into?  I had 4 miners in a power strip, but they tripped the protection after awhile.  Just curious as to what you all are doing....

4 ants shouldn't trip a 110v 15 amp power strip. You might need to get more efficient power supplies if you are tripping the strip, or a different strip.

They can. It all depends on the application, and the power strip. If the Ants are drawing 400W at the plug, that's 1600W. If the voltage at the plug is 105V (which is possible with a 15A draw if the run of wire is long enough) you'll be over 15A.

A standard power strip might also not take kindly to being run at or near 15A constantly, and could easily nuisance trip. You should derate it the same way you would a normal circuit breaker.

I wouldn't suggest running more than 3 miners on one 15A breaker and even each one would have its own dedicated bronze PSU.  You can only run a PSU at 50% to get the best efficiency out of them.
I'd agree on keeping it to 3 miners on one 15A breaker.

While the PSU part is not exactly false, the dropoff in efficiency for a good modern PSU really isn't that severe until you are running it full out. Take the EVGA 1300G2, chosen because it's very popular as a nice high power supply, and because I have one that I ran 3 ants off of.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story3&reid=349
Efficiency is 90.9 at 50% load, but it's still 89.4 at 80% load. It's unfortunate no one seems to publish efficiency load curves for crossloads with just the 12V rail loaded, but I'd expect them to be similar or even closer.
Going from a 50% loaded bronze PSU to an 80% loaded gold one would be a big step up in efficiency, especially if the bronze PSU is a group regulated one that will have a good bit of sag on the 12V rail without a 5V load. Even switching from 120V input to 240V input can make up a lot of the difference in running 50% vs 80%.
Darthswan

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:08:06 AM

I have a 4 separate psu's(HX750) for 4 separate miners.  I'm agreeing with the 3 per strip.  So i'll just do 2 per strip for now and move on.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:01:45 AM

Well,I have 2 of em on a 900 watt UPS/battery backup (no OC'in),my circuit is on a 20 amp breaker on 14 AWG-I limit my amperage to 14 or less though  Wink

Besides the Ants,I have a BFL 30GH'er @ 160 watts & 4 Drillbits @ 25 watts each & 1 5870 mining alt coins= 1400 watts=11.6 amps.Everthing is on UPS's & they show the wattage amount,just add em up  Cool

I've been in my attic & breaker box to check temps on all wires/outlets & nothing gets even warm................I also use an ampmeter at the box to double check  Wink

14AWG is only good for 15 amps, you need 12AWG for 20 amps so be careful. You should avoid pulling more than 12A constantly on 14AWG. If it's really 14AWG wiring you should replace the breaker with a 15A for safety and insurance purposes.
palawan

Activity: 386

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:43:13 AM

Has anyone thought of connecting an Antminer S1 blade to a computer's USB port and running cgminer on the computer?

I'm looking through the Antminer manuals, Antminer controller board pdf diagrams, and removed the 8-pin flat ribbon cable going from the controller board to the 2nd S1 blade.  I'm searching ebay and there's TP-Link WR743 routers for sale but opening the case doesn't look anything like the Antminer S1 controller board so it must be custom version made for Bitmaintech.

I wish there's USB cable that is 8-pin FRC female on the other end, but can't find any so maybe need to do the pin-out myself based on the Antminer manual.

dmesg output on the Antminer S1:
snipped...
[    6.670000] usb 1-1.1: new full-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-platform
[    6.800000] bitmain 1-1.1:1.0: USB Bitmain asic device now attached to USB Bitmain asic-0
[    6.810000] PIC microchip usb OK
snipped...

halu
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:53:07 AM

Question for thread

People who have multiple miners, how do you have them plugged in?  And what do you have them plugged into?  I had 4 miners in a power strip, but they tripped the protection after awhile.  Just curious as to what you all are doing....

Three ants (not overclocked) per Corsair AX1200. Pulls a total of about 1100 W at the wall. Four ants would likely be too much continuous
load for a 15 A circuit, especially if you are using less efficient power supplies and have other stuff on the circuit, and definitely if overclocked.

Anything rated for 15 A should not be run at over 12 A continuous. That includes the circuit itself, power strip, extension cords, outlet, etc.

giletto

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:23:34 AM

Oh i know it's the strip, it's not the power supplies.  I need a more powerful power strip.  I'm trying not to grab a monster cable power supply.  But it's looking like i'm just going to have to power up the power strip.

http://www.amazon.com/P3-P4330-Kill---Watt-Protector/dp/B004OG94VW/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1392523961&sr=1-3

Toooo expensive, you will found at Ebay some for ~10$.

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
adz7

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:30:11 AM

I have one 180 GH/s miner running throughout the day.

Does anyone know why an Antminer S1 during operation would start beeping midway through the day? I also noticed that the fan speed increases rapidly, then decreases to a low hum, then my Antminer starts beeping... any ideas?
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:33:37 AM

I have one 180 GH/s miner running throughout the day.

Does anyone know why an Antminer S1 during operation would start beeping midway through the day? I also noticed that the fan speed increases rapidly, then decreases to a low hum, then my Antminer starts beeping... any ideas?
As far as I know, the beeping means you've lost internet connection. The miner will stop hashing and cool down which is why the fan slows down and once the internet connection is lost for a while, it starts beeping.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:55:28 AM

Question for thread

People who have multiple miners, how do you have them plugged in?  And what do you have them plugged into?  I had 4 miners in a power strip, but they tripped the protection after awhile.  Just curious as to what you all are doing....

Running 4 ant's per strip without any heat or load problems, one advantage of being in the UK  Grin

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
erickjaz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:05:51 AM

Now that we have the new version of CGminer 3.12 in the latest firmware can we proxy our S1's?

I've tried it with the same results as the old version of the firmware and CGminer 3.8 and still only get 100% errors.

I'm not a CGminer expert, so I'm not sure if changes need to be made to the CGminer config to get proxy to work.  I'd really like to be able to proxy through BFGminer and my  other mining hardware to setup to my pools.
Darthswan

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:35:38 AM

actually it's cheaper on amazon, than ebay.  I checked,  but this still won't work.  15 amp max.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
giletto

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:21:16 PM

Oh i know it's the strip, it's not the power supplies.  I need a more powerful power strip.  I'm trying not to grab a monster cable power supply.  But it's looking like i'm just going to have to power up the power strip.

actually it's cheaper on amazon, than ebay.  I checked,  but this still won't work.  15 amp max.
And? You have a electric power line with more the 15 amp at home? I mean, 3500 watt = ~15 amp...so i don't know your house, but i doubt you have a bigger line on one wall plug...

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
pepto

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:38:25 PM

Now that we have the new version of CGminer 3.12 in the latest firmware can we proxy our S1's?

I've tried it with the same results as the old version of the firmware and CGminer 3.8 and still only get 100% errors.

I'm not a CGminer expert, so I'm not sure if changes need to be made to the CGminer config to get proxy to work.  I'd really like to be able to proxy through BFGminer and my  other mining hardware to setup to my pools.

How do I even get into CGminer?  It's installed but I'm clueless as to how to make it appear.
Darthswan

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:59:34 PM

Oh i know it's the strip, it's not the power supplies.  I need a more powerful power strip.  I'm trying not to grab a monster cable power supply.  But it's looking like i'm just going to have to power up the power strip.

actually it's cheaper on amazon, than ebay.  I checked,  but this still won't work.  15 amp max.
And? You have a electric power line with more the 15 amp at home? I mean, 3500 watt = ~15 amp...so i don't know your house, but i doubt you have a bigger line on one wall plug...

Actually my lower level outlets have a 50 amp fuse on it.  When I finished the lower level, the beefed up a lot of stuff down there.  I've been running the 4 miners with no problems.  It just acts up when I try to put 4 miner on a power strip.  I can't wait to see my electric bill and my wives facial expression.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
giletto

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:03:44 PM

Mate, 4 miners are thousend miles away from 50 amp.  Shocked

4 Miners are depend on your psu ~1600-1800 Watt = 7-8 amp. I have 4 ants and 1 knc nov batch, i run with ~$250 per month at $0.15 per kw/h

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:43:14 PM

Actually my lower level outlets have a 50 amp fuse on it.

Are your outlets are running off 4 AWG, or is this just dangerous wiring?

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:10:07 PM

Actually my lower level outlets have a 50 amp fuse on it.

Are your outlets are running off 4 AWG, or is this just dangerous wiring?

you can run 15A on 14AWG or 20A on 12AWG.

I imagine you would need 8AWG cable to run >40A, however I dont know why any electrician would do this. Why not run 3x20A breakers to a handful of outlets?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: