Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:51:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
tmwsiy

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:41:55 PM

hi guys

i ve configured mine but it s keep on rebooting and miners are not starting

solution?

witch psu you use??

i dunno wich one is this

it s belonging to one of the guy who is repairing our pcs

http://imgur.com/R4764cn

Wow. I would definately look at another PSU preferable at least a 550W one.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:42:52 PM

hi guys

solution?

witch psu you use??

i dunno wich one is this

any brand/model/make in mind?
tmwsiy

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:56:10 PM

hi guys

solution?

witch psu you use??

i dunno wich one is this

any brand/model/make in mind?
My favorite brand is sea sonic but corsairs are good too. Try and get an 80 plus if you can.

Never heard of this brand but the price is right:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256071

tranzsport

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:03:18 PM

hey guys,
i have a question/problem regarding my 4 antminers and my mining pool.
So, basically, I'm using Eligius and my shares rewarded keep on dropping over time.. Right now it went from 100% to 79% over less than 36 hours.. (see link for screenshot pic)
I tried rebooting the devices and looking at the miner status and everything looks fine (no x's, less than 0.1% rejection rate and temps are well below 45)..
any idea's what could be going on? i looked at other contributors on my hashing range and they all seem to have significantly higher shares rewarded percentage than me! it sucks to have 20% of my shares vanishing.. Sad

any help will be greatly appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9sfm64hamw99i7/Untitled.jpg
tmwsiy

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:21:30 PM

hey guys,
So, basically, I'm using Eligius and my shares rewarded keep on dropping over time.. Right now it went from 100% to 79% over less than 36 hours.. (see link for screenshot pic)
I tried rebooting the devices and looking at the miner status and everything looks fine (no x's, less than 0.1% rejection rate and temps are well below 45)..
any idea's what could be going on? i looked at other contributors on my hashing range and they all seem to have significantly higher shares rewarded percentage than me! it sucks to have 20% of my shares vanishing.. Sad

It could be that you are not yet fully "vested" in the pool. It looks like everything is fine to me. I would mine a few more days and see how the numbers look then. Or choose another pool if you don't like the way it feels Smiley

YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:31:29 PM

I've posted this in a few threads in hopes that someone will see it and can help.
I just got hooked my S1 up and trying to get into ninja pool.
I followed your getting started on the pool site.
STRATUM:   stratum+tcp://dont include that24.159.196.108
PORT:   3333
Username:   Weblogin.Worker
Password:   Worker Password

I signed up for an account, added a worker, added payment address. Then went to the ip and added the above info into the antminer hit apply and save.
It doesn't show any activity when I click on miner status page. Do I have to add 3 different pools in the configuration section?
What am I missing?
I have a steady green light under the network cable and a steady red next to that with a blinking green on left. Is this correct?
Any help would be great

edit: opened cgminer added command per the directions here http://24.159.196.108/index.php?page=gettingstarted
. performed reboot.
still nothing.

Edit 2: I screwed up ip so I had to reset. I hope that didn't change anything other than the way it came. eg. firmware.

When it first turns on and it is set to default  miner config. the green led on the outside of the box is on. as soon as I set ninja pool it shuts off. and makes a clicking noise trying to start fan but it never starts.

it says Stratum in recommended. Do I have to set that anywhere? I only modified the miner config page. what am I missing?

^Fixed Smiley

Interesting. I have that included in my settings and it works.
tranzsport

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:31:17 AM

hey guys,

It could be that you are not yet fully "vested" in the pool. It looks like everything is fine to me. I would mine a few more days and see how the numbers look then. Or choose another pool if you don't like the way it feels Smiley

thanks for your reply buddy..
so at this rate, or any rate below 92%, would you say that btc guild, after deducting their 5% + 3% fees would be a more rewarding option? i mean since they are using PPLNS scheme.. or is my comparison not accurate?
LanMachine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:33:14 AM

hi guys

solution?

witch psu you use??

hey girls...
i have a lot of disaster here with my s1....

today i  get my 3 s1...lol but only one run at time..
they run oll together from first tim...then i configured one and the next but...o0
if i will login to 1 s1 then its starts looks like good...ha ha ha..
its come the black screen for start but after them  "this site can´t be displayed- try again!"

i remember that the last step i did is , i put in lan settings statik address...so i think and the same on miner 2...llol
if i run netscan, then its show me tis 2 miner with the corrwct ip but i never can connekt!!
how can reset network adapter ore get acces to device to change the settings???
ssh no! i trayed..no chance!
 Sad

nobody the same problem?? Sad
can anybody help please??
tranzsport

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:51:28 AM

hi guys

solution?

witch psu you use??

hey girls...

they run oll together from first tim...then i configured one and the next but...o0
its come the black screen for start but after them  "this site can´t be displayed- try again!"

i remember that the last step i did is , i put in lan settings statik address...so i think and the same on miner 2...llol
if i run netscan, then its show me tis 2 miner with the corrwct ip but i never can connekt!!
 Sad

push and hold the rest button for 5secs.. you can find the button in the network card interface..
after you reset, you should be able to access the miner through the original settings 192.168.1.99 address..
dont do this for all miners at once, just one at a time and after each one change the ip so the next time you reset any other machine you wont have to deal with the same problem..
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:16:16 AM

I followed your getting started on the pool site.
STRATUM:   stratum+tcp://dont include that24.159.196.108
PORT:   3333

^Fixed Smiley
Is that a pool problem with whatever 24.159.196.108 is?

It's certainly not a cgminer issue in the original or the ant (corrupted) clone of it ... I've been using stratum like that on my ant for ... a long time.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
LanMachine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:22:13 AM

hi guys

solution?

witch psu you use??

hey girls...

Sad

push and hold the rest button for 5secs.. you can find the button in the network card interface..
after you reset, you should be able to access the miner through the original settings 192.168.1.99 address..
dont do this for all miners at once, just one at a time and after each one change the ip so the next time you reset any other machine you wont have to deal with the same problem..

wow...
thank you verry much...its works!!  Grin
shiunsai

Activity: 759
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:35:23 AM

Can anyone explain or help me get a higher hash rate for this  miner? both my others are ~175

I had this problem, mixed and matched one of my pci express cords from a higher PSU to one of the blades being connected with the lower psu, i thought it fixed the ~140ish, but anyone have any idea how to fix this'?

One more question, I have two miners on a 750w corsair, and one miner on a 520w dynex (temporary)   once in a while, the miner still, make second long beeps  3-4 seconds apart, green light blinkds, not flashes like when mining.  what does this mean? It does not sound like no internet so I do not know Sad
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:43:27 AM

Can anyone explain or help me get a higher hash rate for this  miner? both my others are ~175

I had this problem, mixed and matched one of my pci express cords from a higher PSU to one of the blades being connected with the lower psu, i thought it fixed the ~140ish, but anyone have any idea how to fix this'?

One more question, I have two miners on a 750w corsair, and one miner on a 520w dynex (temporary)   once in a while, the miner still, make second long beeps  3-4 seconds apart, green light blinkds, not flashes like when mining.  what does this mean? It does not sound like no internet so I do not know Sad

From the temps,I'd say chain 2 is whats slow,get that new PSU...........fast!!!!!!!!!   Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
shiunsai

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:50:04 AM

From the temps,I'd say chain 2 is whats slow,get that new PSU...........fast!!!!!!!!!   Cheesy
[/quote

how can you tell its chain two??? alll my chain 2's always say 0 for fan
sahkan

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:50:38 AM

I would just run the main blade to see if it runs at 90GHs on the good PSU, if it does disconnect and run the second blade only on the same good PSU (swap the ribbon cables). If they both run at 90GHs you know it's the PSU if one does not you will have to troubleshoot that blade.
shiunsai

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:54:52 AM

I would just run the main blade to see if it runs at 90GHs on the good PSU, if it does disconnect and run the second blade only on the same good PSU (swap the ribbon cables). If they both run at 90GHs you know it's the PSU if one does not you will have to troubleshoot that blade.
[/quote

Okay word, sounds good and logical to me haha
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:55:38 AM

[/quote

Because there is no fan on blade 2.  Also the low temp on blade 2 might indicate it is not working as hard as it should be, thus the lower hashing power?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:45:55 AM

Exactly samsonn25  Wink

Can anyone explain or help me get a higher hash rate for this  miner? both my others are ~175

One more question, I have two miners on a 750w corsair, and one miner on a 520w dynex (temporary)   once in a while, the miner still, make second long beeps  3-4 seconds apart, green light blinkds, not flashes like when mining.  what does this mean? It does not sound like no internet so I do not know Sad

From the temps,I'd say chain 2 is whats slow,get that new PSU...........fast!!!!!!!!!   Cheesy
[/quote

Because there is no fan on blade 2.  Also the low temp on blade 2 might indicate it is not working as hard as it should be, thus the lower hashing power?

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
tranzsport

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:19:32 AM

shiunsai,
two antminers on one corsair 750 is a lot... remember you only have 730w at most from the 12v rail.. each antminer should draw 360w without overclocking and 430'ish overclocked.. the most I could get from my corsairs 750 is 3 overclocked antminers running on two 750w corsairs..
for your problem i would suggest doing the following..
reset the miner, run each miner seperately on the 750w corsair.. if each functions fine then you know your problem is the psu wattage..

just my 2cents
lostering

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:34:12 AM

My ant says I have avg 195GHs, but BTCguild only shows 150GHs. They were about the same before I overclock. What is the problem? Any body has any idea?   Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: