Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:05:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:59:53 PM

The more NXT someone has, the more right he has to decide. It's natural. Someone with 50% ownership on a company has a 50% right to decide something..

It's so easy. So why do you fighting over this so much?
I agree too, but this is only under the assumption that large stakeholders will always do things in the best interest of the currency's growth and health. However, I am sure at some point there could be large NXT stakeholders that would vote for something just not acceptable by a majority of the community and it would be interesting to see how that would play out in the actual decision making process.
Well, they are the majority. So let it be.

They're not the majority. That's the point here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bidji29

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:00:13 PM

If you think it is impossible to create "hold that block for a minute" button than you are not coder and also don't know much
about cryptocoin history, like PPS pools going broke because evil miner submits shares but refuses to submit block solutions.

NXT code is open source. Unless everyone use the code where one is punished big time for delaying block generation that
same one can do anything he wishes with delays, especially if others like him join "the guild" and cooperate in some way.

I think you need to present some evidence, instead of insisting that everyone else must prove a negative.  This is a serious accusation you're making, and you have to back it up. Otherwise you'll be ignored as a troll.

I don't have to prove you lazzy asses anyhing, there is block explorer so once major delay happens just copy and paste the
address of block generator and check it on block explorer. You will see that guy is having 1M+ NXT. Some of the biggest of
delays were done by someone with 50M+ NXT which is really hillarious part.

Blockchain is publicly visible database, all previous evil deeds are listed there so why not do some analysis for yourself?

Issue remains even after block 51000 so I don't see what good will you accomplish by ignoring me, one who is pointing the
finger at mentioned issue.

Majority of block are mined by big holders anyways, so it's just logic that the long block are too.

It's possible to hold a block but the incentive to do it is really low because :
-Mining reward is very low, especially if you're a major stackholder.
- You don't know how much you can hold the block before someone esle mine it. So it's a game where you lose as much as you gain.

And it can't happen when Transparent Forging is implemented fully anyways

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS
marek3ball

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:01:15 PM

NXT - 3D graphics: Update #02

I'm not sure about the date on the coin. It is right 2013 or when was official release?

• png transparency bug fixed
  • Nxt coin shadow v02

All 3d renderings will be here:
forums.nxtcrypto.org
nextcoin.org

After all this effort to not let NXT be viewed as "coins" you make a coin rendering. hmm

I could try to invent some graphics for other parts of Nxt too. I know it is not just a coin but I thought it is the biggest part of it, was I wrong?

I believe that coder-masters will show other great features of Nxt.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:01:54 PM

If you think it is impossible to create "hold that block for a minute" button than you are not coder and also don't know much
about cryptocoin history, like PPS pools going broke because evil miner submits shares but refuses to submit block solutions.

NXT code is open source. Unless everyone use the code where one is punished big time for delaying block generation that
same one can do anything he wishes with delays, especially if others like him join "the guild" and cooperate in some way.

Please go read Transparent mining, or What makes Nxt a 2nd generation currency
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364218.0

No, you go check block explorer and blocks that were delayed 10+ minutes. Once you find valid reason major stakeholders
are delaying those blocks let us know.

Fallacy of the single cause

Just because you are insisting it must be so, you cannot state it without backing it up.

Just saying: a large account did it, it must be rigged by them is not enough.

It ís slightly paranoid, though Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 11:03:36 PM

I'm wondering if a webpage can get a listing of your url history?

I don't know Javascript, but: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/obj_history.asp

The history object contains the URLs visited by the user (within a browser window).

The history object is part of the window object and is accessed through the window.history property.

Note: There is no public standard that applies to the history object, but all major browsers support it.
I researched this last night for a few hours.  There are techniques to see if a browser has been to a site (like http:\\localhost); but, by design, a webpage (via javascript or DOM) does not allow review of full URL history.  Seems to use an internal browser function to check if a site has been visited - that's it - no general browsing of a client history.  You can throw the browser back to previous pages and then get the URL in DOM, but that would double buy an alias - which has never occurred.  Based on this, it appears URL history, by browser design, cannot be accessed from a webpage.  

I'll check if a webpage can read the clipboard.  That's about the only thing coming to mind.

BTW.  If anyone was clever enough to do this, they would make millions in advertising.  No need to waste time with NXT atm.

Not sure if anyone responded to that, haven't caught up yet.

w3schools is a poor source, Browser Security Handbook, it's all there and would save you minute or two...

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:04:03 PM

Once you find valid reason major stakeholders
It is already known because its in the code Cool
ChuckOne

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:09:52 PM

About the voting system:

I have an idea. What if the user gets the choice if he is in or out. I don't care if the logo becomes black or white. But if there are important code changes proposed. The nxt user should decide if he accepts the code change or not.

So the user decides if he wants to be part of the new code, the old code, or maybe an alternative proposal. The community will be split with users on different branches and they will continue separately. The fittest/best branches will survive. So people will 'vote' for the proposal with in the back of their minds 'what is best for the network'.

Don't know if this has actually to do with the voting system, but what do you think?

This would be a fragmentation hell. How do you transfer coins from one branch to another in case your one dies?
xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:10:11 PM

about cryptocoin history
If you are coder, then you could read the code and see where are you wrong  Tongue Who is lazy ass then?  Grin

See lines 4727 - 4761 in the published source.

Everyone who has their client open and forging will be waiting to forge.  If you delay too long as the target grows, the more likely it will be that others will get the hit and be able to forge the next block.

Remember, while forging is deterministic, the nodes who will be forging at any given time is basically random.  This leads to blocks that may be forged by different accounts one after another in less than 1 minute intervals, or may have several minutes between them.  The actual time is random.  But the average time will be 1 minute between blocks when a large sampling of block times are taken together.

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:11:49 PM

The more NXT someone has, the more right he has to decide. It's natural. Someone with 50% ownership on a company has a 50% right to decide something..

I agree too, but this is only under the assumption that large stakeholders will always do things in the best interest of the currency's growth and health. However, I am sure at some point there could be large NXT stakeholders that would vote for something just not acceptable by a majority of the community and it would be interesting to see how that would play out in the actual decision making process.

They are. If you have 50$ and the other guy 1$ then you have the majority of wealth. So you are should be allowed to say more.

ChuckOne

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:15:59 PM

Just translated this post to German: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/01/17/whats-nxt-world-cryptocurrencies

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg4762678#msg4762678

Könnt mir gerne Bescheid sagen wenn ihr Verbesserungsvorschläge habt ! Smiley

Sieht gut aus. Smiley
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:16:56 PM

Hey fuck it, whatever, go stupid and invest big time into coin that can be stalled for 20+ minutes on will, awesome deal!
I am not CfB, but thank you for your competent opinion.
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:17:54 PM

NXT - 3D graphics: Update #02

I'm not sure about the date on the coin. It is right 2013 or when was official release?

• png transparency bug fixed
  • Nxt coin shadow v02

All 3d renderings will be here:
forums.nxtcrypto.org
nextcoin.org

After all this effort to not let NXT be viewed as "coins" you make a coin rendering. hmm

I could try to invent some graphics for other parts of Nxt too. I know it is not just a coin but I thought it is the biggest part of it, was I wrong?

I believe that coder-masters will show other great features of Nxt.

If you make more in different colors it coul be a nice promotion for colored coins concept Smiley
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:18:50 PM

So are we forking badly or not?

noob question but what happens when it forks???

Every fork of a network is effectively a new network itself. If you get stuck on a new fork/network then the coins you have are newNXT coins, as opposed to originalNXT coins. And they are not usable on the main NXT network. So they are almost useless.

situation A)
- I have money in my account
- I will not update and start new bad fork
- nobody will send me NXT coins
- I will fix situation and update
- are my old NXT ok?

situation B)
- the same as A, however somebody sent me NXT during my bad fork
- will be useless only money received during my bad fork?
- money I had before bad fork are ok?

bad fork ... useless money??

Is that planned feature?

I'd have thought that new versions are backwards compatible (at least in the code is e.g. block.version ...)

joefox

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 11:19:57 PM

Hey fuck it, whatever, go stupid and invest big time into coin that can be stalled for 20+ minutes on will, awesome deal!

Way to be constructive.  You looked through the blockchain with utter and complete confirmation bias, won't provide objective evidence, and politely argue your point by calling people stupid and swearing.  Well done.

While you were beating your head against the wall trying to make us prove a negative, I trolled the blockchain myself and discovered that the average block generation time for the last several hundred blocks is just a hair over 60 seconds, which is right on target.

Don't take my word for it, though.  Look at some real data: http://brosephus.github.io/nxt-explore/  You will likely find the full analysis of block forging time, presented there, of interest.

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:20:10 PM

Not good enough for 2014. and supposedly 2nd gen cryptocoin, sorry. Even BTC Testnet works better, there it takes just
CPU to create a block after 20 minutes of no block added and that is because difficulty will be artificially dropped to 0.5

I'll rephrase:  if you stall generating the next block, someone else will jump in line ahead of you and generate it instead.

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:21:12 PM

Is this including exchange accounts?
yes, and i see no reason in excluding them, as the exchange owners have FULL control of those NXT. (Voting and forging power)
Which account numbers go to which exchanges? 
ChuckOne

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:22:14 PM

They are. If you have 50$ and the other guy 1$ then you have the majority of wealth. So you are should be allowed to say more.

Fortunately, our democratic systems do not work this way (not yet, I fear).

You should be allowed to say more if you spend more of you wealth:
Say, if you spend 1/10 of your wealth it's more than if somebody spend 1/10000 of theirs. It appears it's not so important to them.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:26:07 PM

I am not CfB, but thank you for your competent opinion.

Well people like you will obviously need to hear an opinions of an angry moob waiting in line at some shopping mall to
realise something is not right and should be fixed.

Bye, no more time to waste here.

Yes, very mature to run away when the person above you just posted a documented refutation.

That really shows you are actually interested in a discussion based on facts instead of just trying to win an argument by proving you have more abuse at your verbal command. Smiley

Way to be constructive.  You looked through the blockchain with utter and complete confirmation bias, won't provide objective evidence, and politely argue your point by calling people stupid and swearing.  Well done.

While you were beating your head against the wall trying to make us prove a negative, I trolled the blockchain myself and discovered that the average block generation time for the last several hundred blocks is just a hair over 60 seconds, which is right on target.

Don't take my word for it, though.  Look at some real data: http://brosephus.github.io/nxt-explore/  You will likely find the full analysis of block forging time, presented there, of interest.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:26:30 PM

I read the following link in a previous post:

http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Account_Control

This would be a really brilliant feature!

It means almost theft-safe accounts, provided that you can set a control as not reversible

I would do this way:

1) I create a "safe" account A and a "spending" account B
2) I set that account A can only send Nxt to account B and only a limited daily amount

If someone stole my passphrase for account A he could do nothing, if he stole account B he could steal my Nxt but the damage would be limited. If I found that account B is compromised I can create account C and lock account B in the same way as A   Grin

I wonder if such feature could be implemented in bitcoin? Probably it requires some great change in the protocol

+1.  This is a great idea as an option that should be implemented and offered ASAP, if for no other reason to give my caplock button a break so I don't go off on a rant about account freeze codes.
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:26:37 PM

Fortunately, our democratic systems do not work this way (not yet, I fear).

You should be allowed to say more if you spend more of you wealth:
Say, if you spend 1/10 of your wealth it's more than if somebody spend 1/10000 of theirs. It appears it's not so important to them.

We are not a democratic state. We are an ecosystem based on money. Not on people.

Pages: « 1 ... 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: