Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:00:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 [2305] 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
BrianNowhere

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:47:35 PM

Since many here are sick of my posts, I've posted an "article" on http://reddit.com/r/nxt that addresses some of my concers about the Nxt ecosystem, mainly regarding fees, entitled "Nxt is the Bitcoin of the Future: Both in Good and Bad Ways".

http://www.reddit.com/r/NXT/comments/20u7ts/nxt_is_bitcoin_of_the_future_in_both_good_and_bad/

Just letting you folks know in case anyone wants to exercise their fee speech or present a rebuttal.

make much sense what you say,
very good article.

Do You think about this proposal?

market of byte size on the blockchain Vs Nxt

I don't know if that will fix the issues i mentioned in the article. I'm not even sure what makes one transaction have more bandwidth than another unless you are talking about large amounts of text or whatnot.  I don't even want to get into this too much here because I'll probably be accused of throwing FUD. I'll be happy to field any questions on reddit though.

NXT: 4957831430947123625

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pandaisftw

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:48:03 PM

Not sure about the tagging thing, I would just perhaps do some global categories only, like "currency", "commodities", etc... (and not allow the user to choose custom ones).

Hm, how would your client know that "fakecoin" or "fakeNXT" are currencies?

Asset issuers has to say it.

If it's not true, we could use service providers or something.

Service provider is 3rd party. Has an api that returns information about the assets, like: "scam", "ok", "not_checked", "incorrect_information", etc.. It's a centralized service, but there could be more than 1 service provider. (If anyone is interested in becoming a service provider that is).

Didn't you have tags feature in your proposal? Issue is the same?

Ah, I understand what you are saying. Yes, we are talking about the same thing. So the issuer can only chose from existing categories (or be placed in Misc. if he doesn't) such as "currency"?

So the asset would look something like:

[fakeCoin asset]
(in the description)
<Category=Currency>

Looking deeper, I still think we should have <tags> for search purposes. For example, if Google releases a line of products on the AE (each one with the google tag), then when I type in "google" into your client's search bar, I would find all assets with the google tag. This enables us to search by company, product line, etc. This would be too limiting if we only allowed pre-defined categories.

So the asset may look something like this:

[fakeCoin asset]
(in the description)
<Category=Currency>
<Tags="fake", "fakecompany", "moon"> OR <AliasTags=Tags123>

Tags123 URI: ("fake", "fakecompany", "moon")
This will allow the issuer to update his tags later if he wants to make his asset more search-relevant.

Simplifying:

[fakeCoin asset]
(in the description)
<Tags="fake", "fakecompany", "moon", "currency"> OR <AliasTags=Tags123>

Tags123 URI: ("fake", "fakecompany", "moon", "currency")

In this case, your client would just look for "pre-defined" categories (same as the previous example) and place the asset under those categories. So the asset in this example would be placed under the "currency" category in your client, and ignore the other tags for this purpose.

Understandably, if the search function will take a lot of work to implement, we can define the standard now (so issuers can place these tags on their assets) and enable the search functionality in the future. But I think implementing the pre-defined list of categories should be achievable in the short-term.

Pandaisftw

NXT: 13095091276527367030
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:48:28 PM

I am not sure I understand what you mean by tagging. To me It would seem be more practical to implement if there were a set of "check the one that applies" categories that would actively limit the types of listings that could be used. Flexibility could be achieved by having a comprehensive set of categories to choose from, that could be added to if needed; and by allowing more detailed descriptions of the asset in the description field during the assets registration.

Tagging means to apply n tags to an object (this case: an asset).

For instance:

asset1: furniture, chair
asset2: table, furniture
asset3: furniture

People can easily filter for furniture, chairs or tables without loosing flexibility.

Many studies already showed that facet search (aka filtering) is the future and many webshops like ebay and amazon apply this way.

Hierarchical searches are not practical anymore. Best example: You want to buy wine for your best friend. You know he loves wine from Italy.

There is a shop offering wine. It applies a hierarchical search:

red
 - sweet
   - Italy
   - Portugal
 - semi-sweet
   - Portugal
 - dry
   - Portugal

white
 - sweet
   - Italy
   - Greece
   - Portugal
 - dry
   - Greece
   - Portugal

rosé
 - sweet
   - Greece
 - dry
   - Italy
   - Greece

How do you find what you need? You have no chance but to look it all through.

When using a tagging system the flexibility is built in. No categorization is better or more top than another.

Just my 2 cents.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:53:07 PM

Does anybody know how long the recent fork on the testnet was?

If it was less than 10 blocks, then using 10 blocks for confirming transactions if fine, but if it was more, then 10 blocks is not enough...

This conclusion is not correct.

One does not draw such conclusion from 1 (in words ONE) single example.

[...]
Does anybody see the flaw in the following algo:

A) find the latest version of NRS (probably safer to hardcode this to avoid Evil Bob's tampering)
B) determine what fork the latest versions are on using method TBD
C) warning nodes that are not on the expected majority fork that they are not on the majority fork
D) Using above to generate overall NXT network fragmentation and adjust the number of confirmations needed based on this

Yes.
1) People should be encouraged to write their own node code. NRS is just one of them.
2) A) does not work out. Tampering is still possible.

Thanks for your incisive negative feedback! So it is your conclusion that since it is impossible to make sure it is perfectly accurate that there is absolutely no value in detecting potentially active forks?

What if the fork is caused by upgrading? What if Evil Bob isnt around? What if we could detect things are a bit unstable? There is no value in this?

James

P.S. I am sure everyone is rushing out to write their own NRS as we speak!!

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:00:09 PM

Can anyone in this thread who is mining in my pool please comment on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522872.0 ?
Particularily if you're one of the people who have already recieved one of the payments. Smiley

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:02:47 PM

Thanks for your incisive negative feedback!

I had to look up incisive. Cheesy

Feedback is feedback. Do with it what want AND do not evaluate it (first rule of feedback).

So it is your conclusion that since it is impossible to make sure it is perfectly accurate that there is absolutely no value in detecting potentially active forks?

No. There might be value in this. But your workflow is quite error-prone. I would like a simpler solution.

What if the fork is caused by upgrading? What if Evil Bob isnt around? What if we could detect things are a bit unstable? There is no value in this?

Quite some time ago, we used a migration strategy that activates feature F at block B. But distribution of F what at block B - X, where X >= say 20,000.

This way, people have two weeks to upgrade. We need to increase X in the future as the number of NXT nodes increases. More nodes will slow down upgrading.
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:05:50 PM

P.S. For nodecoin haters, do you still think nodecoin is bad for NXT?
Is nodecoin good for NXT?
If it helps detect when there are significant forks in progress and especially if your node is on a minority fork, do you think that is good or bad?
Of course, more competition is bad but I still think Nxt has them beat.  Nxt is so much more than just a coin.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:06:26 PM

Thanks for your incisive negative feedback!

I had to look up incisive. Cheesy

Feedback is feedback. Do with it what want AND do not evaluate it (first rule of feedback).

So it is your conclusion that since it is impossible to make sure it is perfectly accurate that there is absolutely no value in detecting potentially active forks?

No. There might be value in this. But your workflow is quite error-prone. I would like a simpler solution.

Quite some time ago, we used a migration strategy that activates feature F at block B. But distribution of F what at block B - X, where X >= say 20,000.

This way, people have two weeks to upgrade. We need to increase X in the future as the number of NXT nodes increases. More nodes will slow down upgrading.
I look forward to suggestions

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
okaynow

Activity: 546

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:07:08 PM

Hey guys, just a heads up, to any of you trading at Cryptostocks:

AlcurEX, a listing for an exchange traded there, has posted a list of coins to be voted by the shareholders and NXT is on the list.
If any of you are holding any AlcurEX shares, please vote for NXT.

Thank you
-Fo-

I did, although I don´t think that they will be able to add it in the beginning.
Thanks, i did so too.
Unfortunately, judging from the discussion in their thread today, my view is the same as yours.
i asked them to check the wiki for info, drop by from here, or pm the devs.
Hope they do, because on that list there are some serious jokes (pun intended)

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
Jerical13

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:10:08 PM

I am not sure I understand what you mean by tagging. To me It would seem be more practical to implement if there were a set of "check the one that applies" categories that would actively limit the types of listings that could be used. Flexibility could be achieved by having a comprehensive set of categories to choose from, that could be added to if needed; and by allowing more detailed descriptions of the asset in the description field during the assets registration.

Tagging means to apply n tags to an object (this case: an asset).

For instance:

asset1: furniture, chair
asset2: table, furniture
asset3: furniture

People can easily filter for furniture, chairs or tables without loosing flexibility.

Many studies already showed that facet search (aka filtering) is the future and many webshops like ebay and amazon apply this way.

Hierarchical searches are not practical anymore. Best example: You want to buy wine for your best friend. You know he loves wine from Italy.

There is a shop offering wine. It applies a hierarchical search:

red
 - sweet
   - Italy
   - Portugal
 - semi-sweet
   - Portugal
 - dry
   - Portugal

white
 - sweet
   - Italy
   - Greece
   - Portugal
 - dry
   - Greece
   - Portugal

rosé
 - sweet
   - Greece
 - dry
   - Italy
   - Greece

How do you find what you need? You have no chance but to look it all through.

When using a tagging system the flexibility is built in. No categorization is better or more top than another.

Just my 2 cents.

I see what you mean. Like a text search where a user could enter a keyword or phrase. I think that is a good idea. Actually both  category indexing and your idea of tagging/ text searching would compliment each other. Categories would be better for broader searches and be more complicated for specific usage, and vice versa. I wonder if it would be possible to do your tag search by searching for key phrases or terms in the asset description, instead of creating a tagging application. Users could list there identifying terms in their description and a search application could identify these terms and index corresponding listings....possibly.
L5Society

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:10:32 PM

(in words ONE)

This was unnecessary and dickish.

Don't be a dick (second rule of feedback)  Tongue
Sebastien256

Activity: 715

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:23:47 PM

@weshley
here are some more asset categories:
Various language of the asset description: e.g. english, french, spanish, etc....

That will come eventually.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
mczarnek

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:28:53 PM

Could someone here settle something for the paper I'm writing for the infrastructure committee?  https://bitbucket.org/nxtinfrastructure/committee/issue/19/nxt-energy-efficiency-paper-secondleo

Is forging easily split across parallel processors?

Seems to me like what the forging is doing is simply verifying individual transactions using Curve2259, therefore each transaction should be able to be easily handled in parallel.  Right? or am I missing something?

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:39:25 PM

Since many here are sick of my posts, I've posted an "article" on http://reddit.com/r/nxt that addresses some of my concers about the Nxt ecosystem, mainly regarding fees, entitled "Nxt is the Bitcoin of the Future: Both in Good and Bad Ways".

http://www.reddit.com/r/NXT/comments/20u7ts/nxt_is_bitcoin_of_the_future_in_both_good_and_bad/

Just letting you folks know in case anyone wants to exercise their fee speech or present a rebuttal.

Hi Brian. Thanks for posting your concerns in detail. I found it easier to digest than trying to follow the back-and-forth nature of discussion here.

I agree that the fee thing needs to be sorted out with an eye towards future price appreciation. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a simple solution. Charging fees based on bandwidth usage or size of transaction seemed like an elegant solution when I first heard about it. However, as nxt intends to compete with a variety of financial systems, each with complicated fee structures of their own, I'm concerned that some great nxt services will be "priced out" of the market, while other services will be unnecessarily cheap.

When thinking of nxt as bitcoin in the future, I think the analogy breaks down when talking about fees. Specifically, the future of bitcoin assumes much lower price volatility. Therefore, denominating fees in bitcoin instead of fiat isn't a big deal. For us, we expect high volatility for the near term. Denominating fees in terms of fiat (or gold or any other asset with lower volatility) might make sense in the near term.

With regards to charging fees for placing an order in the asset exchange, I think that there is room for the nxt AE to improve upon the way markets currently work. If you follow nanexllc on twitter (his work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, amongst other publications), you will learn that high frequency trading firms have been abusing the stock markets in the United States. They take profit, and justify this profit by claiming to increase liquidity and lower the bid-ask spread. However, in reality, the displayed liquidity (order book) can rarely be accessed by real trades, and orders often disappear before a counterparty can fill them. I know that setting walls is a strategy for day trading. However, for a wall to be effective, it has to be large. This implies that the fee would be tiny in comparison to the size of the wall.

Additionally, Nanex's recent studies show that the bid-ask spread has not tightened over the life of the current regulation (Reg NMS). Based on these issues in current stock markets, I am suspicious of HFT terrorizing our infant network, and I think that charging fees for placing an order prevents both spam and these predatory trading practices. We aren't designing the AE for the profit of algorithmic day traders.

My 2 cents on HFT: it's becoming very obvious that trading bots are being used to HFT the fuck out of some exchanges. Cryptsy trading is now becoming almost impossible for manual traders in popular markets. I spent 15 frustrating  minutes trying to place a buy order for LTC->NXT last night, got topped by 50 satoshis on every buy order I placed wihtin less than a second of placing the order. In the end, i just hodled the LTC, which made me cry a little this morning.

I started off not liking the idea of a fee on the AE for just placing an order, but HFT is taking predatory capitalism to new heights (or lows, depending on your point of view) and fees may well exclude these traders from the NXT AE, which is a good thing IMHO

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Mises_77

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:46:09 PM

Hi Brian. Thanks for posting your concerns in detail. I found it easier to digest than trying to follow the back-and-forth nature of discussion here.

I agree that the fee thing needs to be sorted out with an eye towards future price appreciation. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a simple solution. Charging fees based on bandwidth usage or size of transaction seemed like an elegant solution when I first heard about it. However, as nxt intends to compete with a variety of financial systems, each with complicated fee structures of their own, I'm concerned that some great nxt services will be "priced out" of the market, while other services will be unnecessarily cheap.

When thinking of nxt as bitcoin in the future, I think the analogy breaks down when talking about fees. Specifically, the future of bitcoin assumes much lower price volatility. Therefore, denominating fees in bitcoin instead of fiat isn't a big deal. For us, we expect high volatility for the near term. Denominating fees in terms of fiat (or gold or any other asset with lower volatility) might make sense in the near term.

With regards to charging fees for placing an order in the asset exchange, I think that there is room for the nxt AE to improve upon the way markets currently work. If you follow nanexllc on twitter (his work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, amongst other publications), you will learn that high frequency trading firms have been abusing the stock markets in the United States. They take profit, and justify this profit by claiming to increase liquidity and lower the bid-ask spread. However, in reality, the displayed liquidity (order book) can rarely be accessed by real trades, and orders often disappear before a counterparty can fill them. I know that setting walls is a strategy for day trading. However, for a wall to be effective, it has to be large. This implies that the fee would be tiny in comparison to the size of the wall.

Additionally, Nanex's recent studies show that the bid-ask spread has not tightened over the life of the current regulation (Reg NMS). Based on these issues in current stock markets, I am suspicious of HFT terrorizing our infant network, and I think that charging fees for placing an order prevents both spam and these predatory trading practices. We aren't designing the AE for the profit of algorithmic day traders.

My 2 cents on HFT: it's becoming very obvious that trading bots are being used to HFT the fuck out of some exchanges. Cryptsy trading is now becoming almost impossible for manual traders in popular markets. I spent 15 frustrating  minutes trying to place a buy order for LTC->NXT last night, got topped by 50 satoshis on every buy order I placed wihtin less than a second of placing the order. In the end, i just hodled the LTC, which made me cry a little this morning.

I started off not liking the idea of a fee on the AE for just placing an order, but HFT is taking predatory capitalism to new heights (or lows, depending on your point of view) and fees may well exclude these traders from the NXT AE, which is a good thing IMHO

I have been trying to buy NXT today on Bter... annoying as hell. Still holding my BTC. I feel your pain brother!
mczarnek

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:48:02 PM

My 2 cents on HFT: it's becoming very obvious that trading bots are being used to HFT the fuck out of some exchanges. Cryptsy trading is now becoming almost impossible for manual traders in popular markets. I spent 15 frustrating  minutes trying to place a buy order for LTC->NXT last night, got topped by 50 satoshis on every buy order I placed wihtin less than a second of placing the order. In the end, i just hodled the LTC, which made me cry a little this morning.

hmm.. maybe we should charge a very small fee for placing an order and see if that prevents that, the normal transaction fee for it going through (maybe minus the initial fee?), as that does sound like an issue.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Sebastien256

Activity: 715

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:50:10 PM

My 2 cents on HFT: it's becoming very obvious that trading bots are being used to HFT the fuck out of some exchanges. Cryptsy trading is now becoming almost impossible for manual traders in popular markets. I spent 15 frustrating  minutes trying to place a buy order for LTC->NXT last night, got topped by 50 satoshis on every buy order I placed wihtin less than a second of placing the order. In the end, i just hodled the LTC, which made me cry a little this morning.

hmm.. maybe we should charge a very small fee for placing an order and see if that prevents that, the normal transaction fee for it going through, as that does sound like an issue.

if it cost less to the blockchain to place an order than execute the order. I agree that it should be cheaper, otherwise, i don't agree for the moment.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:08:52 AM

Ive not noticed anyone say they were sick of your posts.  I read your writing and I 100% agree with it being ridiculous to try to adjust fees in client as NXT fluctuates in its value per fiat, which is why I've been saying we should determine how to untie fees from fiat.  But I must question your understanding of a blockchain though, if you are suggesting that we make it free for people to issue bid/ask orders on the AE.  You must remember that one of the key functions of fees are spam control.  Also, you are not considering the full functionality of AE - you seem to think its only a currency exchange market when really its an 'asset' market. Its not like there will be assets created on any of the centralized exchanges that people can operate on.  And later when/if the AT currency exchange portion comes, fees on it are just going to have to be implemented for orders.

The bottom line is that AE is not built for HFC, and the con to a decentralized exchange is fees per order instead of fees per % of successful trade.  Of course the reverse holds for centralized exchanges.  Different use - different purpose.

I still say that we should implement fees as low as possible to encourage utility.  With high usage that low fees can bring, forgers will make up the difference and it will be win/win for all involved.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:22:34 AM

make much sense what you say,
very good article.

Do You think about this proposal?

market of byte size on the blockchain Vs Nxt

I don't know if that will fix the issues i mentioned in the article. I'm not even sure what makes one transaction have more bandwidth than another unless you are talking about large amounts of text or whatnot.  I don't even want to get into this too much here because I'll probably be accused of throwing FUD. I'll be happy to field any questions on reddit though.

is someone threatening you in PM or something?  Im just not seeing any conflict in the thread.  When I refer to fee based on transaction size, I refer to size in blockchain, which is exactly linear with network bandwidth.  I have stopped responding to igmacas suggestions as I just cannot make heads nor tails from them; I cannot tell if there is just a translation issue or if he is just throwing out keywords and/or suggestions and hoping we will figure it all out based on his general suggestion, because he gives no method or model to his suggestions.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:23:22 AM

Not sure about the tagging thing, I would just perhaps do some global categories only, like "currency", "commodities", etc... (and not allow the user to choose custom ones).

Hm, how would your client know that "fakecoin" or "fakeNXT" are currencies?

Asset issuers has to say it.

If it's not true, we could use service providers or something.

Service provider is 3rd party. Has an api that returns information about the assets, like: "scam", "ok", "not_checked", "incorrect_information", etc.. It's a centralized service, but there could be more than 1 service provider. (If anyone is interested in becoming a service provider that is).

Interesting concept. I think this could be service providers. Not baked into the core of Nxt or only doable by the committees. This screams credit rating agencies and all the implications with it, but I like it. In the client, the user has options to select lists from the different trusted service providers who rates assets.

I see these rating agencies getting very rich Grin Of course, there could be rating service providers who don't accept any paying and are very trusted by the community, and thus frequently used by issuers.

The soft version of this would be the rating through the NXT holders via voting.
Pages: « 1 ... 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 [2305] 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: