Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:04:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 [2318] 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:48:03 PM

Stupid question time.  Soon we are going to go live with asset exchange.  When we do, will NXT be the preferred (or even only) currency to use in purchasing an asset?   Is it even possible to do something like this?

I really worry about Bitcoin or even Litecoin or Doge being used more than NXT itself as a form of payment for all of these assets that are about to be traded.  It just seems like we are missing a golden opportunity here.  From my point of view the ideal situation would be for all the altcoins to trade among themselves, but have AE force the use of NXT and not any other altcoin to purchase a tangible non-altcoin asset.

Letting another altcoin besides NXT be used as payment in the NXT exchange ecosystem is good because... Huh

The NXT AE only accepts NXT natively. Every buy/sell order will cost NXT, no matter what.

Pandaisftw

I understand that the EXCHANGE FEE will be NXT.  Is there any way to limit things so ONLY NXT can be used as PAYMENT FOR THE ASSET ITSELF?

Why would we allow any other competitor coin to be used in asset payment on our own system?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:50:44 PM

Still: Only NXT.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:50:48 PM

Stupid question time.  Soon we are going to go live with asset exchange.  When we do, will NXT be the preferred (or even only) currency to use in purchasing an asset?   Is it even possible to do something like this?

I really worry about Bitcoin or even Litecoin or Doge being used more than NXT itself as a form of payment for all of these assets that are about to be traded.  It just seems like we are missing a golden opportunity here.  From my point of view the ideal situation would be for all the altcoins to trade among themselves, but have AE force the use of NXT and not any other altcoin to purchase a tangible non-altcoin asset.

Letting another altcoin besides NXT be used as payment in the NXT exchange ecosystem is good because... Huh

The NXT AE only accepts NXT natively. Every buy/sell order will cost NXT, no matter what.

Pandaisftw

I understand that the EXCHANGE FEE will be NXT.  Is there any way to limit things so ONLY NXT can be used as PAYMENT FOR THE ASSET ITSELF?

Why would we allow any other competitor coin to be used in asset payment on our own system?

How would it be not only nxt? Only nxt are accepted on nxt blockchain.  

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:56:21 PM

Pandaisftw

@joefox - would you please elaborate on your previous statement of "you can't control this" ?  
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:57:44 PM

I think you meant in the initial phase you can also take Bitcoin and then distribute the assets like you want. (e.g. for a company)

But after this point if you wanna trade them on the AE you can only do it with NXT.

joefox

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 07:00:24 PM

Pandaisftw

@joefox - would you please elaborate on your previous statement of "you can't control this" ?  

Sorry -- I should be more clear.  You can set prices for assets in Nxt, yes, but there's nothing stopping anyone from building a system on top of the AE that automatically converts/arbitrages for other currencies.  At that point, the price in Nxt can be hidden completely.  As an analog, think of the way enterprising folks have made Nxt "minable" at hashrate.org and p00l.org.  Suddenly our lightweight PoS coin is subject to the same PoW arms race as every other currency -- for better or for worse. 

If someone creates a system, and the market prefers that system, then that system wins regardless of your wishes or desires.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of this.  I'm just acknowledging reality.  Now is a good time to plug my new favorite book: "Who Owns The Future?"

"Controlled" and "decentralized" don't mix, outside of the basic primitives that define the system (i.e. the blockchain and transaction model).  It's impossible to predict what the market will create on top of a system like Nxt.  BCNext has a vision for Nxt, but he's gone and nobody is forced to adhere to any part of his plan.

The BEST example of this, right now, is the "mining culture" for Bitcoin.  If Satoshi knew that his creation would result in massive centralized CPU farms burning $17 million in electricity per day, he may have had second thoughts.  Now that Pandora has unleashed this model unto the world, though, it is here to stay.

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
Etanllah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:19:06 PM

Anyone had issues "mining" Nxt? I have been mining at http://www.p00l.org/ for about 2 days now. My account shows up under the Online Users tab, but it's never shown up under payouts. Have I not given it enough time?

I also tried another miner at http://hashrate.org a couple hours ago and nothing under the hashrates 10 min avg...which says give it 10 minutes.

Am I doing something wrong?
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:24:10 PM

Sorry -- I should be more clear.  You can set prices for assets in Nxt, yes, but there's nothing stopping anyone from building a system on top of the AE that automatically converts/arbitrages for other currencies.  At that point, the price in Nxt can be hidden completely.  As an analog, think of the way enterprising folks have made Nxt "minable" at hashrate.org and p00l.org.  Suddenly our lightweight PoS coin is subject to the same PoW arms race as every other currency -- for better or for worse.  

If someone creates a system, and the market prefers that system, then that system wins regardless of your wishes or desires.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of this.  I'm just acknowledging reality.  Now is a good time to plug my new favorite book: "Who Owns The Future?"

"Controlled" and "decentralized" don't mix, outside of the basic primitives that define the system (i.e. the blockchain and transaction model).  It's impossible to predict what the market will create on top of a system like Nxt.  BCNext has a vision for Nxt, but he's gone and nobody is forced to adhere to any part of his plan.

The BEST example of this, right now, is the "mining culture" for Bitcoin.  If Satoshi knew that his creation would result in massive centralized CPU farms burning $17 million in electricity per day, he may have had second thoughts.  Now that Pandora has unleashed this model unto the world, though, it is here to stay.

I my experience utility drives price and value especially where the supply is fixed... All of these uses for NXT will drive the price of NXT, what is the difference whether the price of something is in $ £ BTC DGE or whatever ?

How is AE different to a shop or a website? Prices there will be quoted in FIAT probably to insulate from EXCH risk and if people choose NXT to pay they will go through the equivalent of NXTPay or its equivalent.

Demand where supply is inflexible drives price - what ever source that demand is ... Any business or person that is using NXT will hold more NXT than they transact.

I see no reason to control and I think people are being too purist about the uses that NXT is put too...

RIGHT NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT IT IS USED...

Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:06:42 PM

Anyone had issues "mining" Nxt? I have been mining at http://www.p00l.org/ for about 2 days now. My account shows up under the Online Users tab, but it's never shown up under payouts. Have I not given it enough time?

I also tried another miner at http://hashrate.org a couple hours ago and nothing under the hashrates 10 min avg...which says give it 10 minutes.

Am I doing something wrong?

Same here on both accounts.
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:15:04 PM

People, how it is possible to trade in AE not with NXT?
Ludom

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:16:46 PM

I don't understand where is the problem. The fear about NXT coins could be lost by mining pool, NODEcoin or something other.

NXT coins is the basis of all the system NXT. It's proof of stake of NXT, not NODEcoin or other asset. It's impossible. No worry about that. If you want to have some control of NXT, you need NXT.

About the mining, I'm not a miner. I think it's a wast of energy and ecological inefficient.
But when you want to buy a stake in NXT, you have not a lot of solution :
- You buy some with Bitcoin. To have BTC, you can buy them with FIAT or shitty altcoins.
- You receive a bounty or a gift (or salary) in NXT

The mining pool NXT are attractive while the PoW coins are valuable. If you think, the PoW are stupid, you can stop buy them with your NXT.
It's the same with NODEcoin, if the community thinks what NODEcoin is shitty coin, the don't buy them and NODEcoin has no value.
If NXT (PoS) have more value as BTC (PoW), our model win. But we need to have the value and the economy who support this value.

Every thing is a coin. Assets can be avery thing : one hour of work, one kg of sand, a blowjob, a node on the NXT network, one day of wast of energy. You can buy what you want. If you think some things are stupid, don't buy.

NXT is the central point of every thing. Your choice of what you do (or not) with them, it's the possibility to influence the NXT economy.

HODL, not only to have money but also to have your part of control. And when you give some NXT, make that like a smart guy, help the project you like or buy what is in your own moral value.

NXT is decentralised and the NXT economy/ecosystem grows with the power/stake of the stakeholders. Don't worry. The system is based on NXT, it's the connection between every NXTers and projects. Nobody can change that.

And every new projects are welcome. If I don't like, I don't buy or use. If all the community don't like or use, it will naturally die. Like the forging pools, great project but no useful.

Let's build an economy !
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:26:24 PM

I don't understand where is the problem. The fear about NXT coins could be lost by mining pool, NODEcoin or something other.

NXT coins is the basis of all the system NXT. It's proof of stake of NXT, not NODEcoin or other asset. It's impossible. No worry about that. If you want to have some control of NXT, you need NXT.

About the mining, I'm not a miner. I think it's a wast of energy and ecological inefficient.
But when you want to buy a stake in NXT, you have not a lot of solution :
- You buy some with Bitcoin. To have BTC, you can buy them with FIAT or shitty altcoins.
- You receive a bounty or a gift (or salary) in NXT

The mining pool NXT are attractive while the PoW coins are valuable. If you think, the PoW are stupid, you can stop buy them with your NXT.
It's the same with NODEcoin, if the community thinks what NODEcoin is shitty coin, the don't buy them and NODEcoin has no value.
If NXT (PoS) have more value as BTC (PoW), our model win. But we need to have the value and the economy who support this value.

Every thing is a coin. Assets can be avery thing : one hour of work, one kg of sand, a blowjob, a node on the NXT network, one day of wast of energy. You can buy what you want. If you think some things are stupid, don't buy.

NXT is the central point of every thing. Your choice of what you do (or not) with them, it's the possibility to influence the NXT economy.

HODL, not only to have money but also to have your part of control. And when you give some NXT, make that like a smart guy, help the project you like or buy what is in your own moral value.

NXT is decentralised and the NXT economy/ecosystem grows with the power/stake of the stakeholders. Don't worry. The system is based on NXT, it's the connection between every NXTers and projects. Nobody can change that.

And every new projects are welcome. If I don't like, I don't buy or use. If all the community don't like or use, it will naturally die. Like the forging pools, great project but no useful.

Let's build an economy !
Good summary!
igmaca

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:26:41 PM

nxt up 22%  Grin

all the other down
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:29:34 PM

What's with nexern? I seriously doubt he will release the client now, and even if does, it's not tested by the community like the rest of the clients.  

He was paid 160K nxt.

Should he split that money with the other client developers?

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:31:24 PM

nxt up 22%  Grin

all the other down
because bitcoin down
wakasaki808

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:32:41 PM

What's with nexern? I seriously doubt he will release the client now, and even if does, it's not tested by the community like the rest of the clients.  

He was paid 160K nxt.

Should he split that money with the other client developers?

Any information on Nexren, the author of the explorer http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=1 ? How is going on his client?
-
have been very busy the last 10 days with an important RL extended service request for a big data project
i have built for a company some times ago, so i haven't had the time to follow the thread and development.
as soon i am finished this service (this weekend) i am again on the client and asset exchange even if there
are some very nice clients already in use, since my client structure differs from the current ones.

ps: i have recieved three donations for the client work (165k nxt) which i would pass back, if i am not able
to deliver until end of month (never ever took funds for nothing and don't intend to change this).
just mentioned in case the current boring data work keeps me longer busy as expected.
joefox

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:35:16 PM

This is a discussion about semantics.

At the HEART, you CAN'T.  But:

- Litecoin can trade on AE via Nxt
- Bitcoin can trade on AE via Nxt
- therefore a service can calculate the cost of Litecoin in Bitcoin and trade them against one another. Nxt is invisible.

Think more like a chess player Wink

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
flychickeny

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:35:37 PM

I am looking forward to see more news of the Bitcoin.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:37:50 PM

since I posted our "looking for dev" ads also to other forums, who sould the devs contact? Cheesy

Hello,

I just saw you were looking for Java programmers on ThisWeeksCoin board (posted by salsacz).
I am a french full stack web developer, with main experiences in Java.
You can have a look at my linkedin profile here : www.linkedin.com/in/quentinrenard.
Feel free to reach me out at fox.altcoins@gmail.com.

Have a good day,

iFox
Eadeqa

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:38:24 PM

This is a discussion about semantics.

At the HEART, you CAN'T.  But:

- Litecoin can trade on AE via Nxt
- Bitcoin can trade on AE via Nxt
- therefore a service can calculate the cost of Litecoin in Bitcoin and trade them against one another. Nxt is invisible.

Think more like a chess player Wink

If someone goes out his way to build apps on on top of nxt to do that, that will help nxt even more.  Still it's a pipe dream that even if true will be months away. Nxt will be the primary currency.    

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Pages: « 1 ... 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 [2318] 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: