Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEAD] DeepBit.net PPS+Prop,instant payouts, we pay for INVALID BLOCKS too  (Read 1601093 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 02:54:05 PM

Well maybe I'm forgetting something else. The procedure that i followed for minitoring is this:

1-All workers are stoped, a window with LP broadcast awaiting for the announcement that a block is found, the counter is reseted to 0 shares.

2-When a block is found i take note of the time to identify the first block later in pool stats, i start minig, automatically starts the counter...

3-For some hours i take note, for each block anounced in the LP broadcast, each begining an end time, amount of shares submited for each block.

4-Later after a few hours, i wait for a last block announcement, when it is announced i stop minig.

5-Wait for stats update, and when i see a none announcement in the statis begin to compare....

What is missed here?

LP occur anytime anyone in the network (not just DeepBit) finds a block.
LP can also occur for non-block reasons like including a valuable transaction (high fee), change NMC header (not used by DeepBit), a server side issue,etc.

LP *may* only issue LP when a block is found but that is a bad assumption to make AND even if it is valid an LP will be issued on any block that is found (by any pool or solo miner).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nic Dooce

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 01:57:22 AM

Hey, does Deepbit has a LEADERBOARD ? Can someone send me the link plz ?
DeepBit (OP)
Donator

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

We have cookies

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2011, 02:58:13 AM

Hey, does Deepbit has a LEADERBOARD ? Can someone send me the link plz ?
Top miners list only includes those who are mining in teams and the teams itself. Currently there is no "global" top list for individual miners, but it may be added later.

Check the teams link at the right panel of stats page.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net ~ 3600 GH/s, Both payment schemes, instant payout, no invalid blocks !
Coming soon: ICBIT Trading platform
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 02:43:42 AM

I seem to always have a heck of a time trying to connect to the deepbit mining pool. It usually takes anywhere from 10-25 minutes to be able to connect and I have had 0 success with phoenix miner (using guiminer). polcbm seems to attempt to connect more often and thats the only one I have had any success with. Any other pool I connect immediately but I would prefer to mine with deepbit due to the way their reward system works. Does everyone have this problem and does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this other than mining at another pool?
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 03:00:38 AM

I seem to always have a heck of a time trying to connect to the deepbit mining pool. It usually takes anywhere from 10-25 minutes to be able to connect and I have had 0 success with phoenix miner (using guiminer). polcbm seems to attempt to connect more often and thats the only one I have had any success with. Any other pool I connect immediately but I would prefer to mine with deepbit due to the way their reward system works. Does everyone have this problem and does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this other than mining at another pool?

I have used Ufasoft, pheonix and now CG Miner with Deepbit and haven't ever had a problem like you describe.  The other pools that you can connect to, do they use the same TCP Port as Deepbit?  Do you get a reliable continuous ping to pit.deepbit.net, f1.deepbit.net and f2.deepbit.net?
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
bittenbob

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 03:08:34 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2011, 03:50:28 AM by bittenbob

I have used Ufasoft, pheonix and now CG Miner with Deepbit and haven't ever had a problem like you describe.  The other pools that you can connect to, do they use the same TCP Port as Deepbit?  Do you get a reliable continuous ping to pit.deepbit.net, f1.deepbit.net and f2.deepbit.net?
Sam
pit.deepbit.net I am getting 53ms constant through multiple ping commands (groups of 3)
f1.deepbit.net I get 52ms constantly
f2.deepbit.net could not connect a few times but the ping to that is out of whack.

Should I change my DNS from my ISPs to google? I have had some issues with connecting to some sites before using my ISPs DNS but I am not sure if I want google knowing and storing every web page and connection I make. I have been trying to connect to deepbit for the last 50 minutes with no success. Shame too since I boosted my mining speed from 340 to 389 Mhash/s.

The other pools are Slush's pool and bitcoinpool. I mainly mine on Slushs but I find the rewards are much less than deepbit on average. As far as I know they use the same port however.

Edit

Just tried Ufasoft and since the login for deepbit is your email (with @) I think it is confusing my email with the server address and I am getting 0 Mhash. So much for that idea.
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 03:51:23 AM

I have used Ufasoft, pheonix and now CG Miner with Deepbit and haven't ever had a problem like you describe.  The other pools that you can connect to, do they use the same TCP Port as Deepbit?  Do you get a reliable continuous ping to pit.deepbit.net, f1.deepbit.net and f2.deepbit.net?
Sam
pit.deepbit.net I am getting 53ms constant through multiple ping commands (groups of 3)
f1.deepbit.net I get 52ms constantly
f2.deepbit.net could not connect a few times but the ping to that is out of whack.

Should I change my DNS from my ISPs to google? I have had some issues with connecting to some sites before using my ISPs DNS but I am not sure if I want google knowing and storing every web page and connection I make. I have been trying to connect to deepbit for the last 50 minutes with no success. Shame too since I boosted my mining speed from 340 to 389 Mhash/s.

The other pools are Slush's pool and bitcoinpool. I mainly mine on Slushs but I find the rewards are much less than deepbit on average. As far as I know they use the same port however.

If you can ping by name then your DNS should be fine.  My ping to f2.deepbit.net is also a little flaky, but the others are reliable.  I guess I would try to do a Wireshark capture to see what exactly is happening.  If you want to examine your DNS go to grc.com and download DNSbench and run it and it will show you the best DNS servers for your connection.  That's a Windoze app.

Deepbit is using TCP Port 8332 so if any of the other pools are using that same port then it shouldn't be a port blocking problem.  Maybe your ISP is blocking deepbit's IP addresses?  But that wouldn't explain why some miners work and somwwhat and some don't.
Sam

bittenbob

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 04:06:58 AM

I am in Canada and on a third party ISP on a rogers network. They are known to do traffic shaping (rogers) which could be causing dropped packets. I am not using my connection for anything else but mining at the moment so there should not be any packets dropped. Rogers recently got in trouble for traffic shaping WOW and other games so this would not be a complete suprise to me. What is surprising is that it seems to be affecting deepbit only. I have been trying to connect for almost 2 hours to no avail. With Slush's pool most of the blocks I am mining don;t seem to mature so I have next to 0 BTC despite thousands of shares. ABCPool sounds like its similar to deepbit with the proportional mining and payment despite unmatured blocks but their registration is closed ATM. I will try that dnsbench and see if I can find anything.
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 04:07:50 AM

Edit
Just tried Ufasoft and since the login for deepbit is your email (with @) I think it is confusing my email with the server address and I am getting 0 Mhash. So much for that idea.

The worker name goes after the -u in the ufasoft miner and the url goes after the -o.  So the miner program shouldn't get them confused.  At least it never did for me.  Deepbit's main page has command line suggestions for some common miners, you might want to verify the syntax.
Sam

bittenbob

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 04:25:39 AM

Edit

The worker name goes after the -u in the ufasoft miner and the url goes after the -o.  So the miner program shouldn't get them confused.  At least it never did for me.  Deepbit's main page has command line suggestions for some common miners, you might want to verify the syntax.
Sam

My comptuer crashed while running the DNSBenchmark but it could have been duie to my OC settings. I have since been able to connect with GUIMiner to deepbit. There were some servers I saw that DNS Benchmark was unable to connect to and I am hoping that the crash was due to poor coding of the program and not the OC of my card. I will run overnight to confirm. At least I am mining for deepbit again. Deepbit speeds are about 374 compared to 388 but that is probably just the innefficiency of polcbm over phoenix. Its livable though considering without any flags and at default clocks I was getting 300.
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 04:32:42 AM

Edit

Sam

My comptuer crashed while running the DNSBenchmark but it could have been duie to my OC settings. I have since been able to connect with GUIMiner to deepbit. There were some servers I saw that DNS Benchmark was unable to connect to and I am hoping that the crash was due to poor coding of the program and not the OC of my card. I will run overnight to confirm. At least I am mining for deepbit again. Deepbit speeds are about 374 compared to 388 but that is probably just the innefficiency of polcbm over phoenix. Its livable though considering without any flags and at default clocks I was getting 300.

I seriously doubt that Steve Gibson's assembly language coding is poor Smiley.  But its a good program and should find you the best performing DNS servers.  But your problem doesn't sound like DNS name resolution problems to me.

Have you tried CG Miner?  Sounds like you have tried every other miner.  I would give that one a shot.
Sam

bittenbob

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 04:50:07 AM

I tried CGminer too but even at my lower clock speeds it would run great at first and then the performance would drop by about 50% after 10 minutes or so. Someone told me it was the most efficient but so far I am finding the most efficient for my card appears to be phoenix with settings someone else provided for me but as I said I cannot connect to deepbit with that. I do not know the programmer personally and OC issues are the main suspect to the crash I had but I am hoping thats not the issue. Its about as fast as I can push it without the catalyst drivers crashing on me. My card is a 6950 and Im running it at 1.2V (1.1V stock), 955Mhz Core, 400Mhz Memory (Underclcoked by 900Mhz) and a custom fan profile that keeps it runnign around 80C under full load. I lowered it from 959 to 955 after the crash and if it happens again I will try 900. The joys of finding a stable OC lol.

Its also good to know about the temp monitoring thing. Asus AI Suit loads at startup for me (I cant find the service to disable), I had HWMonitor running (becuase it shows max temps) and I had MSI Afterburner running (to get the required clocks and fan profile) so I technically had 3 running. I will try to avoid doing this from now on.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 04:59:34 AM

I tried CGminer too but even at my lower clock speeds it would run great at first and then the performance would drop by about 50% after 10 minutes or so.

Then something isn't right.  You shouldn't see a 50% drop after 10 minutes or 10 days.  I got a rig which just hit 62 days of uptime (come on powergrid no blackouts) and it is within 1% of starting hashrate.

I would check your load.  In cgminer if you hit G it will be listed as A:97% (that means card is at 97% of peak load).  My guess is something is throttling the card back. Either another app or issues w/ VRM being pushed too hard (and overheating).  If you use GPU-Z go to setting tab and take a look at load and VRM temps. 
bittenbob

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 05:13:36 AM

I tried CGminer too but even at my lower clock speeds it would run great at first and then the performance would drop by about 50% after 10 minutes or so.

Then something isn't right.  You shouldn't see a 50% drop after 10 minutes or 10 days.  I got a rig which just hit 62 days of uptime (come on powergrid no blackouts) and it is within 1% of starting hashrate.

I would check your load.  In cgminer if you hit G it will be listed as A:97% (that means card is at 97% of peak load).  My guess is something is throttling the card back. Either another app or issues w/ VRM being pushed too hard (and overheating).  If you use GPU-Z go to setting tab and take a look at load and VRM temps. 

This was at the stock settings and nothing tweaked at that point. It does not happen with other miners really too. polcbm has since jumped up to a stable 383 Mhash/s. My motherboard has 10 phase VRM and in theory should be great for overclocking (Sabertooth 990FX). I suspect that was likely due to a lack or work available from the server and Guiminer has comparable performance. I launched GUIminer right after and got the expected performance numbers immediately. I did buy the card secondhand though and I suspect the previous owner used it for bitcoin mining when prices were higher (card was originally bought June 9th). My CPU never goes full load but if I could mine that at 100% in addition to the GPU it would be nice. I have a 1090T 6 core processor running at a stable OC of 3.6Ghz/core with a Corsair A50 and it has a hard time ever breaking 50C, even with prime95. I figure that this cpu should be good for a few Mhash. Please note electricity costs are irrelevant to me as I live in an apartment and my landlord is an a-hole who charges more to me than new tenants.
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 05:23:19 AM

This was at the stock settings and nothing tweaked at that point. It does not happen with other miners really too. polcbm has since jumped up to a stable 383 Mhash/s. My motherboard has 10 phase VRM and in theory should be great for overclocking (Sabertooth 990FX). I suspect that was likely due to a lack or work available from the server and Guiminer has comparable performance. I launched GUIminer right after and got the expected performance numbers immediately. I did buy the card secondhand though and I suspect the previous owner used it for bitcoin mining when prices were higher (card was originally bought June 9th). My CPU never goes full load but if I could mine that at 100% in addition to the GPU it would be nice. I have a 1090T 6 core processor running at a stable OC of 3.6Ghz/core with a Corsair A50 and it has a hard time ever breaking 50C, even with prime95. I figure that this cpu should be good for a few Mhash. Please note electricity costs are irrelevant to me as I live in an apartment and my landlord is an a-hole who charges more to me than new tenants.

I think D&T is talking about the VRMs on your GPU.

If you want to CPU mine I would definitely use the ufasoft miner in conjunction with the miner you have working.  Just make user you use the "-g no" to disable if from trying to use your GPU too.  Ufasoft 0.19 and up work fine with Deepbit and its the best CPU miner out there.
Sam

bittenbob

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 05:37:23 AM

If you want to CPU mine I would definitely use the ufasoft miner in conjunction with the miner you have working.  Just make user you use the "-g no" to disable if from trying to use your GPU too.  Ufasoft 0.19 and up work fine with Deepbit and its the best CPU miner out there.
Sam

Well I hope the GPU isnt damaged but I guess thats a risk when you buy it used. I am trying to run UFAsoft with 6 cpu threads right now. After leaving it running for a minute I see my problem before was that it was not connecting. "Error 80072EFD: A connection with the server could not be established". I will see if it connects soon and if it does I will update this post with what I am getting
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 05:58:27 AM

Sam

Well I hope the GPU isnt damaged but I guess thats a risk when you buy it used. I am trying to run UFAsoft with 6 cpu threads right now. After leaving it running for a minute I see my problem before was that it was not connecting. "Error 80072EFD: A connection with the server could not be established". I will see if it connects soon and if it does I will update this post with what I am getting

Well don't know what to say.  If your GUI miner works but Ufasoft doesn't I would check your command line syntax.  I just fired up my Ufasoft miner version 0.19 and it just connected to Deepbit just fine.  I'm out of ideas at the moment.
Good Luck,
Sam

bittenbob

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 06:03:28 AM

As I mentioned earlier since I am in Canada and we do not have net neutrailty I believe for whatever reason Rogers DPI boxes are dropping my requests for work from deepbit. I am sure my command line is correct now

bitcoin-miner.exe -u username -p password -o http:\\pit.deepbit.net:8332 -g no -t 6

Guiminer usually takes several attempts to connect before it can successfully. The retry interval for Ufasoft appears to be set about 30 seconds and for guiminer (polcbm only) its about 5 seconds and it alternates servers. If I could increase the retry attempt to 5 seconds I might have some more luck but I did not see a flag for that. Thanks for the help though.

Edit

Wait is it -a? I think im going to try setting that to a lower number than the default 15
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 06:06:06 AM

As I mentioned earlier since I am in Canada and we do not have net neutrailty I believe for whatever reason Rogers DPI boxes are dropping my requests for work from deepbit. I am sure my command line is correct now

bitcoin-miner.exe -u username -p password -o http:\\pit.deepbit.net:8332 -g no -t 6

Guiminer usually takes several attempts to connect before it can successfully. The retry interval for Ufasoft appears to be set about 30 seconds and for guiminer (polcbm only) its about 5 seconds and it alternates servers. If I could increase the retry attempt to 5 seconds I might have some more luck but I did not see a flag for that. Thanks for the help though.

I guess the next step/test would be to go through TOR.
Sam

bittenbob

View Profile
November 13, 2011, 06:08:40 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2011, 06:31:32 AM by bittenbob

Hmm interest so I set the server to f1.deepbit.net and I got a connection right away this time. I am mining at 20.3 Mhash/s with my CPU now which is almost as much as the GTS 250 I just replaced from this computer. Sweetness lol.

Update

Ah crap spoke too soon, the increased CPU load forced my Guiminer to drop to 100-150 becasue there is not enough CPU speed available enough to request data. Going to set it to 5 cores.

Update 2

So with 5 cores I am getting about 17.4 from Ufasoft. Might have to run both with ufasoft to make it more efficient as my guiminer is dropping with ufasoft miner enabled but at times it will run full speed.

Update 3

I just noticed I have GUIminer set at 6 cores and I think it is being about as optimal as can be. I am going to try ufasoft miner with one worker for cpu and one for gpu overnight and see how that goes. I see -v flag specifies verbose output but this flag is for vectors on other miners. Is that what they mean by verbose? Everyting I do seems to indicate about the same performance as I was getting on guiminer.
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 326 »
  Print  

Jump to: