Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:15:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 [6452] 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722471 times)
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:13:48 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:38:23 PM by mprep

Dash Teams Operate in 5 Different African Countries, Dedicated to Continent-Wide Adoption

Dash has made significant inroads in Africa, with teams across a half-dozen countries working hard at promotion.

Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Morocco are now home to teams promoting education and use of Dash. A dedicated site, Dash Africa, aims to list these teams and keep track of their activity across the continent. Many of these local chapters distribute giveaways to meetup participants in order to get new users for Dash, and several have listed donation portals and goals on the GreenCandle.io paywall page to fundraise for additional tips to distribute.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 08:51:26 PM

whats the update

Here's the update.

-InstantSend is still disabled despite the Aug announcement of an "imminent" fix that was "already QA'd" (note use of past tense)

-Multisig was disabled long ago but that extremely pertinent fact was kept hidden, resulting in a Budget Proposal being screwed up (LMAO yet another ATM fiasco Tongue) and causing cascading failures with other Proposals

-the embarrassing fact that new Dash cannot be put into multisig makes clear the point that Dash's supposed "distributed governance by blockchain" is mere theater (kind of hard to distribute governance when you can't even put funds into multisig LMFAO)

-PrivateSend does not have a $100k bounty for being broken; all the DashHoles on here saying otherwise need to STFU & apologize  Grin

-IPv6 is still broken

-Masternodes are still not blinded and thus remain free to act in malicious collusion, thereby precluding zero confirmation tx for fear of double spends

-Evan and his Secret Sporkers  (IE wife and lawyer) are in complete control of the network thanks to their "spork" backdoor to all Masternodes

-Dash price is hitting >month lows, despite the MaxCoin and DashCon hype cycle peaking  Undecided

-still no Dash warrant canary, probably because to keep his ginger ass out of prison Evan gave the FBI and DEA 100s of instamined Masternodes

man...your awesome!  really.  we can all count on you and trollero clowns to keep us up to date.  I think you should be up for a couple of awards...the Nobel Peace price for your tireless work to try and save humanity from your perceived DASH issues as it continues to develop. And the second award for comedian of the year.  Bravo.

LOL....can't wait till 12.2 is out of test net for ya.  Wink 

12.2 will at most fix InstantSend.  That's nice.

But then there's the rest of Dash's issues (Dash needs extra airplane just to carry its baggage).

12.2 will not fix Dash's broken Multisig (the basic building block of decentralized risk/trust/governance).

12.2 will not fix Dash's broken IPv6 (leaving the Dash network less diverse/diffuse/defensible/resilient)

12.2 will not blind Dash's broken Masternodes (something promised years ago and put off for the same of various vaporware)

12.2 will not fix Dash's broken 100% centralization of Evan and his Spork Spooks using their backdoor to control the Masternode network like so many overpayed herders of overpriced bots

12.2 will not fix the crashing Dash price as PIVX eats your lunch  Wink

12.2 will not fix Dash Core's mysterious (*cough* RED FLAG! *cough*) refusal to implement the industry best practice of warrant canaries

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:54:57 PM

What did I miss guys ?  Shocked I see guys arguing about some stuff , is something wrong with Dash ?

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 10:05:12 PM

What did I miss guys ?  Shocked I see guys arguing about some stuff , is something wrong with Dash ?

Oh...the usual, you know the Troleros gang, they are in love with us...and us with them.  Wink  Nothing to see here.  LOL  

You'll see dozens of posts from the usual suspects... few Dash fans and myself, those that even bother to visit here and on the other side...a few Troleros that drop in to say "Hi!" few times a day.  3 years going strong....

PS....I recommend if your on Icey's team with the rest of the Troleros...please, by all means don't waste time with DASH...its not for you.  If you ask them they have dozens of other "better" choices.  Wink 
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:09:13 AM

Reminder:
Shakepay will deactivated on October 15th for all Outside Europe Card Holders !!
Secure your funds !!
(i used cex.io to convert my funds back into crypto ; )

solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:13:02 AM

Dash cryptocurrency coin and evolution platform looks like a long term winner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUp-rn5-n_E

#dash_force
solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:31:56 AM

Dash Digital Cash Interview with Mark Yusko - CEO Morgan Creek Capital Management

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eFwJszqSHM

#dash_force
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:08:42 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:38:20 PM by mprep

Masternode Tools Proposals Review

Masternode owners vote for Dash treasury funding proposals.  Those that pass get funded.  So it makes sense that tools which help manage masternodes would be popular.

Dash Masternode Tool
In the last cycle one of the proposals with the highest net votes was:

DashMasternodeTool – development boost
Owner: Bertrand256  Monthly amount: 66 DASH ($296/D – $19,500) for 2 months (added on 2017-09-16) Votes: 1046 Yes / 3 No / 1 Abstain  (approx $39K at time of entry)

Which funded development on a GUI tool that helps masternode owners secure their collateral and perform other similar functions.

wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:24:56 AM

Reminder:
Shakepay will deactivated on October 15th for all Outside Europe Card Holders !!
Secure your funds !!
(i used cex.io to convert my funds back into crypto ; )

Is this for EUR denom cards or all shakepay cards? I thought only Euro denominated cards.. Damn!

CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:52:39 AM

At SpectroCoin they offer a full support of DASH wallet. It's good news for community of dash to stores and spend the coins with their debit card and it is good news because this service offer full support of dash coin and the community will growing up https://t.co/2kRC49mxoM This is a good development for dashcoin because The use of dashcoin is getting easier.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:54:52 AM

At SpectroCoin they offer a full support of DASH wallet. It's good news for community of dash to stores and spend the coins with their debit card and it is good news because this service offer full support of dash coin and the community will growing up https://t.co/2kRC49mxoM This is a good development for dashcoin because The use of dashcoin is getting easier.

Our cryptocurrency is called Dash, there is actually another cryptocurrency (using CryptoNote technology) that is called Dashcoin (DSH).
To avoid misunderstandings we recommend using the name Dash and not Dashcoin, when talking about our cryptocurrency.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:28:39 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:00:38 PM by mprep

Trustlessness Is Effectively a Myth

One of the key “blockchain buzzwords” is “trustless.” For many, the entire point of using a blockchain-based digital currency was to eliminate the need to trust actors with control over your wealth and how it may be used. It’s a noble goal, for sure, and one that I support wholeheartedly. However, at the end of the day, true trustlessness doesn’t really exist, even (especially?) in the world of peer-to-peer digital currency.

A truly trustless life does not exist

While the concept of trustlessness holds true, its practice in purity remains elusive. Even with a completely open source peer-to-peer digital currency, you have to trust developers to create an airtight system, and you probably have to trust someone else’s review of the code for you (since it’s unrealistic to think each and every user will be able to do this themselves). You have to trust developers to maintain their previous standards, and trust reviewers to quickly let you know if any of that changes. Wallets, merchant services, exchanges, and any number of other services in the greater ecosystem of a cryptocurrency upon which we rely, all require an element of trust, even if that amounts merely to trusting someone else to tell you they’re trustless. A significant degree of trust is simply inescapable.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 11:17:23 PM

Cool Cool Dash Foundation member and Masternode "investor" (*cough* Howey test *cough*) getting antsy over the lack of progress on fixing InstantSend:

Roadmap dates already innacurate?
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/roadmap-dates-already-innacurate.17189/

Quote from: Stealth923 on October 05, 2017
So, here we are in October with silence from the Core team. The roadmap was only just updated with dates, which I was holding the team to and thought to be accurate...why is communication and holding to a timeline so difficult for the core team? I am not just talking about this instance, I have been around since 2014.....

Anyone have any updates to where each of the deliverable's below are, there was no information from the conference about any of the below?? did I miss some delay communication?? Should I just reset my expectations that this will be delivered sometime 2018? @Ryan Taylor @UdjinM6 @kot

DashPay Wallet Alpha (September 2017)

Dash version of CoPay, pre-Evolution functions, on test-net
    Will lead to full Evolution wallet (not merely a web wallet)
    DashCore 12.2 Release (September 2017)
    2MB block size increase, activation in November 2017
    2MB / 5MB block research documentation
    Launch of a read-only/view-only portal for project documentation which will be open to the entire community (to ensure transparency)

Edit: And before people start with the "I would rather have it done properly and wait longer" message, we are paying the Core team to run a multi billion dollar organisation...if you release dates stick to them or communicate accordingly with your board(MNs)/investors.

He's also very upset about the lies and cover-up from the highly compensated full-time "employees" at Dash HQ (*cough* Howey test *cough*).

Stealth923's thread makes it crystal clear that

1. People who purchase Masternodes consider them an investment and themselves investors
2. Dash Masternode investors expect the centralized, all-powerful 'Spork' backdoor key possessing Core Team to mange their investment
3. Dash Masternode investors consider the paid Core Team to be their employees

Those considerations trigger the Howey Test by establishing that Dash is a de facto unregistered security/investment product.

The thread continues:

Quote from: GrandMasterDash
I am okay with delays but I am not okay with the lack of updates / feedback. I get the whole secrecy / first-mover-advantage thing, but the prolonged absence of news is very disconcerting. In fact, I was thinking, maybe we should designate a day in October where we de-fund Core for 24 hours, just to send them a message.

LMFAO.  Great idea, send Evan home for a day without pay and put a note of Performance Review in his personnel file.

Quote from: Stealth923
I agree with @GrandMasterDash - a classic example, the wording of the conference was "major integrations announcements"....there wasn't a single announcement, rather vague and ambiguous talk for literally 15 seconds about whats in the pipeline which is signed, but could finish implementation in 6+ months time/be cancelled for all we know. I get the lack of hype, but there needs to be a happy medium rather than just silence and acting like you work for the CIA....

I really hope that a communication coordinator is hired and or Ogilvy sorts their shit out with brand communication, messaging and learning how to professionally SET EXPECTATIONS, because after 3 years it hasnt gotten any better, despite multiple promises from @Ryan Taylor and team. Learn to under promise and over deliver, not the other way around.

Based on this delay as @UdjinM6 has stated, has this also delayed the remainder of the roadmap?Huh because if so, I am going to write off Evolution V1 until 2020+ in which we will most likely be surpassed by another competitor.

LMFAO.  What a clown fiesta.

Where is the InstantSend hotfix that was supposedly "completed and QA'D" over a month ago?  Did it actually exist or was that just hand-waving and more deceptive Dash lies?

Where is the 12.2 testnet?  Dash has no hope of getting InstantSend fixed before the holiday shopping season if testing hasn't even started yet.  Cheesy Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:47:03 AM

Android Dash Wallet v5.14.5 is out !
Please Update

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet&hl=en

Release Notes:
https://github.com/HashEngineering/dash-wallet/releases/tag/v5.14.5h

Grin
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:27:01 AM

I AM AN IDIOT
Tell us something whe didn't know yet.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:59:45 AM

github link not working ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
hush

Activity: 1288
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:04:24 PM

Dash is keep on advancing constantly if look at the previous few months collectively a very interesting scenario appears out of all these things. Dash is providing good and safe alternative space to those seeking peace of mind and same time want make something from cryptocurrencies.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:14:55 PM

Dash Funds STEM Education Program With Teachers Paid in Dash

The Dash network has funded a program to conduct STEM education to elementary school children, including paying teachers in Dash.

Dubbed Bit-By-Bit, the project seeks to educate children in elementary school children in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), in order to increase the numbers of students pursuing a career in those fields. Additionally, in order to build awareness for Dash and grow the local Dash economy, mentors will be paid in Dash directly. The proposal passed 736 Yes/144 No/35 Abstain and was funded.

The program will help both educate children and build the Dash economy

According to the proposal, the Bit-By-Bit foundation aims to provide an additional source of STEM education for children from as early as possible up through university age:
https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-funds-stem-education-program-teachers-paid-dash/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:22:54 PM

Dash proposals that are focused on business sectors for growth

One benefit of Dash Treasury proposal funding is that multiple groups can work on similar projects at the same time. Business development happens in many ways by many people with successful projects helping Dash to grow. There are a number of industry focused business development efforts currently going on funded by the Dash treasury.

Legal Cannabis
The area with the most current funding is the legal cannabis market.  The proposals have been covered in a previous article.  Alt36 and CannTrade have major projects funded to bring Dash to the over 8,000 retail stores and the business to business market in the fast growing industry.

The potential for the growth in Dash transaction volume is “mind-blowing” the industry is estimated to have sales of $20 Billion / year in a few years.  Each 1% of that is $200 million a year in trading volume.

The technology being developed by these proposals is not just limited to the cannabis industry.  There will be a “full stack” suite of  retail technology that over time will be able to be focused on other business sectors.

Alt36 is a payments company that is developing:
https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-proposals-focused-business-sectors-growth/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
ColdZerk

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:53:46 PM

Now is the moment when you need to enter the market, Dash created another drawdown for entry, which is not a sin to take advantage of. Yes DASH is the tool that most likely makes it possible to earn with relatively little risk.
Pages: « 1 ... 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 [6452] 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: