Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:03:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 [6444] 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722494 times)
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 05:35:08 PM

I just bought some dash list night, because in think it is a very good long term bag. I am happy about all the features they have implemented. And i am looking forward to all the thing that are coming next. Nice to be a party of the community now

For me its the best long term bag, better than bitcoin segwit and bitcoin cash, although I hold them too. I don't even count Ripple or Eth as worthy of my attention.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trilla666

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:35:19 PM

I just bought some dash list night, because in think it is a very good long term bag. I am happy about all the features they have implemented. And i am looking forward to all the thing that are coming next. Nice to be a party of the community now

For me its the best long term bag, better than bitcoin segwit and bitcoin cash, although I hold them too. I don't even count Ripple or Eth as worthy of my attention.

DASH seems to be the only viable alternative to bitcoin segwit and bitcoin cash in terms of actually viability as a currency. Its network effect is 2nd to the OG bitcoin conglomerate, it has a cult-like following of early adopters, and it seems to be somewhat impervious to the "china" meme. Im pretty long on DASH... and now with its native iOS app, it can do some serious penetration in the US in terms of becoming a utilized digital currency. More brick and mortar adoption in the near future i hope.

CHANGE—First Global Crypto Bank | ICO |Discussion
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:47:16 PM

The Monero blockchain can NOT be verified with a pubkey.  A Monero Transaction Can be verified,  That is a BIG difference. 
Yes thanks for correction.

Why would you want to verify other's transactions? That is the entire point, that you shouldn't.

If the protocol and the encoding procedure is bug-free, then it's just as valid transaction even if it's masked. And we know the whole point of hash functions and public key cryptography is that you cant recreate the same data from different source, collision protection.

If that mechanism is sound, then who cares what the transaction is, nobody can steal your money and nobody even knows who and how much money they have. Only those that you do business with will.

That is the whole point. You don't need a public ledge, a rich list, and such. It's very privacy invasive.

It’s all based on trust: trust in the “hopium” than that the client you happen to be using actually faithfully implements the protocol; trust in the ‘experts’ that the chain is ok when either some rogue group says it isn’t or when your own client software says it isn’t; trust in developers that the code isn’t doing some mad corrupt leakage out to an address that nobody can see or audit; trust in a centralised encryption algorithm that it won't be sprung open with a can opener a few years down the line to reveal every transaction in history. (A 'viewkey' doesn't in the least change this fact by the way. All a viewkey is is a private key with read-only privilages, it isn't a substitute for a fully transparent chain).

Just as with Dash's hopium that the Masternode system won't be broken or abused in some way.
...etc...

Did you even READ what Toknormal said?  There is no "Hopium" as you can SEE everything done on the blockchain, you simply can't TRACE it.  The Inputs and outputs are clear, Dash mixes by creating exactly the same denominations and entering them in the block chain at the same time, input = output and thus with one round, an output has 3 possible inputs.  Do this once, you have the same amount of "mixing" as Monero has.  But there is a possibility that the Masternode, who only gets chosen 1:4500 times, is spying, so we allow for as many rounds of mixing as you care to do.  After 8 rounds of mixing, even if someone can spy with 80% of the masternodes, the likelihood of seeing where funds are is minuscule.  And that's basically for the paranoid, because Masternodes are well distributed and all over the world.

In Monero, you can not see the blockchain.  Inputs and outputs are obfuscated in a mess.  Which by the way, how do you know there is no key to unravel?  Dash does this with logic, not mathematical trickery.  Who can know if there is a key to unravel a "one way encryption"?  This part I may be ignorant on, but as I can't understand it, I don't trust it.  They already had their system cracked a couple of years ago, with all previous transactions exposed, how do we know that won't happen again?  Dash uses pure logic and statistics.  With that, you can keep a transparent blockchain that can be audited to make sure it is functioning properly, that no extra coins were somehow inserted that weren't part of the rewards produced, etc...  It also allows for functions where a transparent blockchain is desirable, such as charities that want to show how their funds are spent, or the Core team, who do not mix their funds, and clearly show how they are spending funds so we can see if they are trustworthy or not. 

And without the transparent blockchain, without this system of Masternodes, without the budget system, there could be no Evolution.  Evolution will be a completely decentralized yet easy to use system, like logging into your bank account, moving funds to different "accounts" and making payments as easily as Paypal.  ALL DECENTRALIZED!!!  No "3rd party service" which is what web wallets are, BTW, so know your funds are as at risk there as they are in an exchange.

Anyway, I hope this helps, if you still don't see the value, please stop shilling Monero here, you won't get anywhere with it with this audience.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:51:57 PM

Hi guys, I have 300 idle dash. I know this is too little for a masternode but is there any 100% secure and trustless way to use some masternode-management service?

Unfortunately not yet.  This feature should be a reality, I believe by next summer if all goes well.  My sister is also waiting for this feature as she isn't part of this community and is nervous about leaving her Dash with a trusted MN service.  But hang in there, it's coming and if you can do this, the interest may very well one day pay for your monthly expenses!  Just saying Smiley  That's what I hope for my sister, so she can retire early (fingers crossed)

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:50:49 AM

Buy pressure increases :

Dash in USD : $352,50
Dash in EUR : €295,04
Dash in BTC : 0.09600

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:32:04 AM

Too bad this thread was not in the +info webs list   Cheesy
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 10:51:46 AM

The Monero blockchain can NOT be verified with a pubkey.  A Monero Transaction Can be verified,  That is a BIG difference.  

Why would you want to verify other's transactions? That is the entire point, that you shouldn't.

If the protocol and the encoding procedure is bug-free, then it's just as valid transaction even if it's masked. And we know the whole point of hash functions and public key cryptography is that you cant recreate the same data from different source, collision protection.

If that mechanism is sound, then who cares what the transaction is, nobody can steal your money and nobody even knows who and how much money they have. Only those that you do business with will.

That is the whole point. You don't need a public ledge, a rich list, and such. It's very privacy invasive.

It’s all based on trust: trust in the “hopium” than that the client you happen to be using actually faithfully implements the protocol; trust in the ‘experts’ that the chain is ok when either some rogue group says it isn’t or when your own client software says it isn’t; trust in developers that the code isn’t doing some mad corrupt leakage out to an address that nobody can see or audit; trust in a centralised encryption algorithm that it won't be sprung open with a can opener a few years down the line to reveal every transaction in history. (A 'viewkey' doesn't in the least change this fact by the way. All a viewkey is is a private key with read-only privilages, it isn't a substitute for a fully transparent chain).

Just as with Dash's hopium that the Masternode system won't be broken or abused in some way.
...etc...

Did you even READ what Toknormal said?  There is no "Hopium" as you can SEE everything done on the blockchain, you simply can't TRACE it.  The Inputs and outputs are clear, Dash mixes by creating exactly the same denominations and entering them in the block chain at the same time, input = output and thus with one round, an output has 3 possible inputs.  Do this once, you have the same amount of "mixing" as Monero has.  But there is a possibility that the Masternode, who only gets chosen 1:4500 times, is spying, so we allow for as many rounds of mixing as you care to do.  After 8 rounds of mixing, even if someone can spy with 80% of the masternodes, the likelihood of seeing where funds are is minuscule.  And that's basically for the paranoid, because Masternodes are well distributed and all over the world.

In Monero, you can not see the blockchain.  Inputs and outputs are obfuscated in a mess.  Which by the way, how do you know there is no key to unravel?  Dash does this with logic, not mathematical trickery.  Who can know if there is a key to unravel a "one way encryption"?  This part I may be ignorant on, but as I can't understand it, I don't trust it.  They already had their system cracked a couple of years ago, with all previous transactions exposed, how do we know that won't happen again?  Dash uses pure logic and statistics.  With that, you can keep a transparent blockchain that can be audited to make sure it is functioning properly, that no extra coins were somehow inserted that weren't part of the rewards produced, etc...  It also allows for functions where a transparent blockchain is desirable, such as charities that want to show how their funds are spent, or the Core team, who do not mix their funds, and clearly show how they are spending funds so we can see if they are trustworthy or not.  

And without the transparent blockchain, without this system of Masternodes, without the budget system, there could be no Evolution.  Evolution will be a completely decentralized yet easy to use system, like logging into your bank account, moving funds to different "accounts" and making payments as easily as Paypal.  ALL DECENTRALIZED!!!  No "3rd party service" which is what web wallets are, BTW, so know your funds are as at risk there as they are in an exchange.

Anyway, I hope this helps, if you still don't see the value, please stop shilling Monero here, you won't get anywhere with it with this audience.

There goes profitgen212 again with his big ifs'. The opaque monero blockchain can be trusted... IF the protocol and the encoding procedure is bug-free.... IF that mechanism is sound. Those are some major ifs.

But IF they are not? How do you know if the blockchain can't be audited? You can't know. You can keep your head in the sand though.

Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:01:49 AM

Live stream of Dash conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ExmIqRqOk
sesiah

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:06:39 AM

the price is running real fast i hope it will reach 0.1 btc soon, and surely top 4 will be a struggle but a reality, we can make it,
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:06:59 PM

Preview of new Dash functionalities, to be implemented the coming months (revealed at the Dash conference) :

* global brokerage service (free bank transfers)
* integration into a host of new exchanges
* access to approx 20 new fiat currencies
* additional ATM manufacturer
* multistore discount application, integrated with some of the largest retailers
* healthcare usecase

Instantsend to be incorporated into almost all of them.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 05:11:11 PM

Preview of new Dash functionalities, to be implemented the coming months (revealed at the Dash conference) :

* multistore discount application, integrated with some of the largest retailers
* healthcare usecase

That's an impressive list. Everything Dash needs to do to be successful, it is doing. Excellent speech by Ryan.

EDIT: Not to mention new integrations with Wirex and CEX.io...

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:14:53 PM

* healthcare usecase

That's an impressive list. Everything Dash needs to do to be successful, it is doing. Excellent speech by Ryan.

EDIT: Not to mention new integrations with Wirex and CEX.io...

Yeah, Ryan gives excellent speeches .. very easy to listen to.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:55:56 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2017, 06:12:54 PM by qwizzie

Also the InstantSend vulnerability was described in more detail at the Dash Conference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ExmIqRqOk
(see the 40 minutes marker)

Basicly it has to do with how InstantSend can revert back to previous blocks (even after it got confirmed through proof of work).
A masternode owner with six masternodes could take advantage of that by calculating high scores for their own masternodes
by making a lot of InstantSend transactions offline.

Currently the fix to that vulnerability is :

* making it impossible for Instantsend to revert back to older blocks
* the calculatescore now includes a need for 15 confirmations, before it can calculate the score. This means a pack of 6 masternodes can not calculate/influence their score
   offline anymore.  

InstantSend is currently disabled through a spork and will be fixed in Dash update 12.2

Note 1 : as the fix is still work in progress, the code could still be subject to changes.
Note 2 : above mentioned InstandSend vulnerability and the planned fix is what i summarized from the presentation, it could be subject to misinterpretation from my side.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:29:43 PM

Also the InstantSend vulnerability was described in more detail at the Dash Conference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ExmIqRqOk

Basicly it has to do with how InstantSend can revert back to previous blocks (even after it got confirmed through proof of work).
A masternode owner with six masternodes could take advantage of that by calculating high scores for their own masternodes

* the calculatescore now includes a need for 15 confirmations, before it can calculate the score. This means a pack of 6 masternodes can not calculate/influence their score
   offline anymore.  

InstantSend is currently disabled through a spork and will be fixed in Dash update 12.2

Note 1 : as the fix is still work in progress, the code could still be subject to changes.
Note 2 : above mentioned InstandSend vulnerability and the planned fix is what i summarized from the presentation, it could be subject to misinterpretation from my side.
How can you use the blockhash for quorum when you do not know masternode lists on a per block basis.. you only have the latest? Imagine i had to resync.. how will quorums be validated in the past when the past mn list is not available?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:55:29 PM

offline anymore.  

How can you use the blockhash for quorum when you do not know masternode lists on a per block basis.. you only have the latest? Imagine i had to resync.. how will quorums be validated in the past when the past mn list is not available?

I'm assuming there is a mn list that gets synced during startup of your wallet. In case of a sync from scratch where the mn list does not exist, it will be newly created and then synced.
How the blockhash for quorum interacts exactly with that masternode list, so that it can obtain all its history .. i dont know.
Hopefully someone in here can answer that for you. You can also create a thread on the dashtalk forum, frankly its a much better forum to get answers to technical questions like these
as the core-team hangs out there much more.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:26:32 PM

offline anymore.  

I'm assuming there is a mn list that gets synced during startup of your wallet. In case of a sync from scratch where the mn list does not exist, it will be newly created and then synced.
How the blockhash for quorum interacts exactly with that masternode list, so that it can obtain all its history .. i dont know.
Hopefully someone in here can answer that for you. You can also create a thread on the dashtalk forum, frankly its a much better forum to get answers to technical questions like these

Yea i know it forces sync of latest list but how say it ensures certain masternodes were selectes at a set.block thru a random selection is still not clear. I think since its p2p by definition it cannot form consensus and is tradeoff of network storage requirements vs security.

Ahh so looks like its a "soft consensus" so its vulnerable to replay attacks and the network just assumes noone will change the payout and quorum structures manually on their nodes because network wont know the difference if you did.

https://hackernoon.com/hong-kong-research-and-planning-4206e065aa9c

He seems to realize the problem and is doing it via a hard consensus so not p2p based list anymore in evolution im guessing. I will make a post on dashtalk i guess to learn more.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:44:56 PM

offline anymore.  

Yea i know it forces sync of latest list but how say it ensures certain masternodes were selectes at a set.block thru a random selection is still not clear. I think since its p2p by definition it cannot form consensus and is tradeoff of network storage requirements vs security.

Ahh so looks like its a "soft consensus" so its vulnerable to replay attacks and the network just assumes noone will change the payout and quorum structures manually on their nodes because network wont know the difference if you did.

He seems to realize the problem and is doing it via a hard consensus so not p2p based list anymore in evolution im guessing. I will make a post on dashtalk i guess to learn more.

It's deterministic based on mined block hash so... (experts correct me if I'm wrong please)

profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:47:55 PM

The Monero blockchain can NOT be verified with a pubkey.  A Monero Transaction Can be verified,  That is a BIG difference. 

...etc...

Did you even READ what Toknormal said?  There is no "Hopium" as you can SEE everything done on the blockchain, you simply can't TRACE it.  The Inputs and outputs are clear, Dash mixes by creating exactly the same denominations and entering them in the block chain at the same time, input = output and thus with one round, an output has 3 possible inputs.  Do this once, you have the same amount of "mixing" as Monero has.  But there is a possibility that the Masternode, who only gets chosen 1:4500 times, is spying, so we allow for as many rounds of mixing as you care to do.  After 8 rounds of mixing, even if someone can spy with 80% of the masternodes, the likelihood of seeing where funds are is minuscule.  And that's basically for the paranoid, because Masternodes are well distributed and all over the world.

In Monero, you can not see the blockchain.  Inputs and outputs are obfuscated in a mess.  Which by the way, how do you know there is no key to unravel?  Dash does this with logic, not mathematical trickery.  Who can know if there is a key to unravel a "one way encryption"?  This part I may be ignorant on, but as I can't understand it, I don't trust it.  They already had their system cracked a couple of years ago, with all previous transactions exposed, how do we know that won't happen again?  Dash uses pure logic and statistics.  With that, you can keep a transparent blockchain that can be audited to make sure it is functioning properly, that no extra coins were somehow inserted that weren't part of the rewards produced, etc...  It also allows for functions where a transparent blockchain is desirable, such as charities that want to show how their funds are spent, or the Core team, who do not mix their funds, and clearly show how they are spending funds so we can see if they are trustworthy or not. 

And without the transparent blockchain, without this system of Masternodes, without the budget system, there could be no Evolution.  Evolution will be a completely decentralized yet easy to use system, like logging into your bank account, moving funds to different "accounts" and making payments as easily as Paypal.  ALL DECENTRALIZED!!!  No "3rd party service" which is what web wallets are, BTW, so know your funds are as at risk there as they are in an exchange.

I have to investigate this, I'll come back to your post.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:50:05 PM

offline anymore.  

It's deterministic based on mined block hash so... (experts correct me if I'm wrong please)
Its not historically deterministic 100% it cannot be because theres only 1 list and quorums cannot be reproduced in the past. This means there is no way to verify that previous quorums were correct only that the current ones are correct. Previous ones it seems are just taken as is without revalidating.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 12:52:16 AM

offline anymore.  

On Aug 30, we were told the InstantSend fix was "already completed & QA’d."

But today's speech confirmed that was a lie.

In truth, the InstantSend fix is still under heavy development and intensive testing.

How embarrassing for Dash to lose InstandSend just as Litecoin/Bitcoin/Decred accomplish instant on-chain atomic transactions and prepare for Lightning.

How utterly humiliating for Dash to lose almost all its debit card support while Litecoin hooks up with Revolut (https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/907437039221534720).

tl;dr Dcash is failing while Decred, Litecoin, and Bitcoin are scaling

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 [6444] 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: