Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:55:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 [6462] 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 6503 6504 6505 6506 6507 6508 6509 6510 6511 6512 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:18:14 PM

i came back on hear to delete that post cause i couldn't be f*k'd with even goin' near this, wish i'd never touched it and deleting it was part of the dump but what conference was the this new years?

Luckily, not being able to string more than 3 words together coherently isn't necessarily an obstacle to profitability. I just hope you didn't dump at the bottom Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:39:13 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 12:39:20 PM by qwizzie

always hear dash is doing this, dash is doing that... they don't do a f**kin' thing, its the exact same as it was at the beginning of the year!

Hmmm , lets see :

01-01-2017  : Dash price $11
10-26-2017  : Dash price $281

Man of Wax is using strange logic.

london, dafty

i came back on hear to delete that post cause i couldn't be f*k'd with even goin' near this, wish i'd never touched it and deleting it was part of the dump but what conference was the this new years?

Dash Conference was 24th of september 2017, price was then : $331
Today Dash price is : $283
Price difference in percentage (USD) : -14,5%

Thats really not a surprise as Bitcoin was 24th of september 2017: $3682
and today rose to : $5894
Price difference in percentage (USD) : +60%

When Bitcoin rises this significantly, most altcoins take a hit (they call that blood in the streets) only to recover later on. Time will tell if you are making a wise decision with regards to checking out now.
Dash is more for longterm investors anyways, and i get the feeling you are more of a shortterm trader.  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:59:36 PM

always hear dash is doing this, dash is doing that... they don't do a f**kin' thing, its the exact same as it was at the beginning of the year!

Hmmm , lets see :

01-01-2017  : Dash price $11
10-26-2017  : Dash price $281

Man of Wax is using strange logic.

london, dafty

Dash Conference was 24th of september 2017, price was then : $331
Today Dash price is : $283
Price difference in percentage (USD) : -14,5%

Thats really not a surprise as Bitcoin was 24th of september 2017: $3682
and today rose to : $5894
Price difference in percentage (USD) : +60%

When Bitcoin rises this significantly, most altcoins take a hit (they call that blood in the streets) only to recover later on. Time will tell of you are making a wise decision with regards to checking out now.
Dash is more for longterm investors anyways, and i get the feeling you are more of a shortterm trader.  

Dash seems to be for longterm and 2 months trading Wink
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:34:16 AM

Dash: The Magical Combination of Anonymity and Lucrative Investment Opportunity

https://beinglibertarian.com/dash-magical-combination-anonymity-lucrative-investment-opportunity/

Grin
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:13:35 AM

Wanna see what a $500 DASH T-Shirt looks like?!

https://youtu.be/j2PPmrzljfw

Best 500 bux i ever spent!!

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
michealpt

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:19:53 AM

Wanna see what a $500 DASH T-Shirt looks like?!

https://youtu.be/j2PPmrzljfw

Best 500 bux i ever spent!!
a wish is not small Smiley
Wh1teKn1ght

Activity: 339
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:59:01 AM

I don't think I can have my MN coins on there though, but for all the other coins I store, it has been a solid purchase.    Part of my trust is in Erik Voorhees though.

Hi,

Yes you can store your MN coins on the KeepKey.

Follow the excellent guides here:
https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/blob/master/doc/config-masternodes-a.md

Note: The guide references Trezor but this works for KeepKey as well as it is based on the Trezor source code.
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 04:31:39 AM

LOL...

hahahahaha...you bought into a coin,  SHORT TERM on a pump from a conference, thinking you were what going to what, let me guess, double your money?  Your friends should de friend you for being a complete f'n moron!

Pal...if any of us bag holders thought it was going to pump to the moon because a conference....we would have beat you to the punch way before you knew what time it was.  Let us give you some advise....DON'T BUY on news!!!!  Wink buy on the long term trend and on going commitment to development and not because you think something is going to pump because of a conference.  Rookie!

bitcrypto10101
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:02:19 AM

Any news?
solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:10:31 AM

Dash: The Magical Combination of Anonymity and Lucrative Investment Opportunity

https://beinglibertarian.com/dash-magical-combination-anonymity-lucrative-investment-opportunity/

#dash_force
masstahcoiner

Activity: 644
Merit: 390

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:25:49 PM

DASH  good price now?   or too much pumped?
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:37:03 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 02:58:49 PM by mprep

Dash Force 3 Amigos Podcast E23 feat. Jeff Smith with Dash Pay Card Update

Video repost of episode 23 of the three amigos podcast. This week we had special guest Jeff Smith from Dash Core team to discuss recent Money2020 conference and also provide an update regarding Payza and the long awaited Charlie Shrem Dash Pay Card funded by the Dash treasury.

Skip to 15:45 - For 💳 Charlie Shrem / Payza - Dash Pay Card Update

The 3 amigos podcast takes place every Friday at 3pm EST / 8pm GMT.

If you haven’ t done so by now, can you please make sure you like and subscribe to the Dash Force News YouTube channel. Thank you to the Dash community for your continued support.

WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:10:28 PM

I don't think I can have my MN coins on there though, but for all the other coins I store, it has been a solid purchase.    Part of my trust is in Erik Voorhees though.

Hi,

Yes you can store your MN coins on the KeepKey.

Follow the excellent guides here:
https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/blob/master/doc/config-masternodes-a.md

Note: The guide references Trezor but this works for KeepKey as well as it is based on the Trezor source code.

Thanks!  will check it out.   
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:52:49 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 02:58:42 PM by mprep

Why I Might Risk My Job With the Dash Network

I’m undertaking a project that might end up costing me my job.

I helped start Dash Force News because there was a large coverage gap for Dash in the crypto news world. I joined up to get the truth out, and I’m very proud of our work so far. I’m not satisfied, though. Our coverage has been great, but surface-level. Positive. Safe. Most of the time, this is exactly what’s needed. Sometimes, we need to go deep and uncover some ugly stuff. To that end, I will begin doing deep investigative journalism pieces about the Dash ecosystem, usually focused on treasury proposals and the various organizations in the network that they help fund.

This will get uncomfortable fast, as true accountability means asking the toughest questions and uncovering the deepest secrets, some of whom may have the end result of making someone lose their funding, and therefore potentially their livelihood. This opens us up to counterattack, and in the Dash network you never know who could be a masternode owner, just itching to downvote your proposal to oblivion if you dare to cross theirs. I might make a lot of enemies, some out of former friends. That might mean that, down the line, my ability to work full-time for Dash may be put at risk. That’s fine. I think this service is crucially needed, for several reasons.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:33:36 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 02:58:36 PM by mprep

Investigation: BitCart’s Challenges and Their Origins

Note! This report draws on information contained in confidential communications and sensitive documents, which cannot be publicly revealed at this time. Readers who are not comfortable with the confidential nature of the report should independently verify the information contained therein, and investors and masternode owners should do their own due diligence before directly acting on this information.

NODEshare

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 09:18:49 PM

Masternode Payout stats now listed at masternodes.online

https://masternodes.online/currencies/DASH/

Please add to OP.
newslaves026

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:37:37 PM

Okay so Dash is:
super fast - transactions in seconds
private - untracable options if you want
low fees
can adopt btc updates cause similar tech

Why isn't this the nr1 coin? Does it have any problems?

Dash has many problems, like the Instamine and having a reputation as a HYIP scam with bad technology and cheesy marketing.

Right now, the Dash community is infighting over the slow (nonexistent?) pace of Evolution vaporware development, wasted money on ATM/debit scams, lack of Dash Core Club communication, completely broken Budget Proposal fees/review/approval process, etc.  Apparently throwing money at random internet people and hoping for the best isn't a great governance model, but without multisig that's all Dash can do! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Dash isn't "super fast" because InstantSend is currently disabled due to being a proven security flaw allowing possible double spending.

Dash isn't "private" or "untraceable" because PrivateSend is a nearly unusable mess right now.  Slow and unreliable, plus the bounty to break PrivateSend was never funded.

Dash only has low fees because nobody is using it, reflecting its low (modifed) Metcalfe value.

Overall, it's not clear what problems Dash is proposing to solve, much less how Dash is going to solve them without modern features like RBF, Bech32, segwit, Lightning, MAST, Schnorr tree signature aggregation, etc.

Dash hasn't even fixed transaction malleability or implemented Compact Blocks.  Bitcoin Core did these things ages ago.

There is also the giant issue of critical bugs in the ancient version of Bitcon that Dash is based on.

When it's time, we're going to troll this cargo cult coin at the protocol level and show the world why you don't waste resources on marketing before the crypto is secure.... Wink

Dash's biggest problem is that it can't even defend itself from the scam accusations because the evidence just too overwhelming.  That why Tone Vays dumped it.

Sadly, the Dash community won't even discuss these issues on open forums.  They just attack the poster, post GIANT STOCK IMAGES, and recruit for their closed echo-chamber Slack.
I know late reply but I really appreciate your comment!
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:02:38 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 02:10:12 AM by AzzAz

Okay so Dash is:
super fast - transactions in seconds
private - untracable options if you want
low fees
can adopt btc updates cause similar tech

Why isn't this the nr1 coin? Does it have any problems?

Dash has many problems, like the Instamine and having a reputation as a HYIP scam with bad technology and cheesy marketing.

Right now, the Dash community is infighting over the slow (nonexistent?) pace of Evolution vaporware development, wasted money on ATM/debit scams, lack of Dash Core Club communication, completely broken Budget Proposal fees/review/approval process, etc.  Apparently throwing money at random internet people and hoping for the best isn't a great governance model, but without multisig that's all Dash can do! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Dash isn't "super fast" because InstantSend is currently disabled due to being a proven security flaw allowing possible double spending.

Dash isn't "private" or "untraceable" because PrivateSend is a nearly unusable mess right now.  Slow and unreliable, plus the bounty to break PrivateSend was never funded.

Dash only has low fees because nobody is using it, reflecting its low (modifed) Metcalfe value.

Overall, it's not clear what problems Dash is proposing to solve, much less how Dash is going to solve them without modern features like RBF, Bech32, segwit, Lightning, MAST, Schnorr tree signature aggregation, etc.

Dash hasn't even fixed transaction malleability or implemented Compact Blocks.  Bitcoin Core did these things ages ago.

There is also the giant issue of critical bugs in the ancient version of Bitcon that Dash is based on.

When it's time, we're going to troll this cargo cult coin at the protocol level and show the world why you don't waste resources on marketing before the crypto is secure.... Wink

Dash's biggest problem is that it can't even defend itself from the scam accusations because the evidence just too overwhelming.  That why Tone Vays dumped it.

Sadly, the Dash community won't even discuss these issues on open forums.  They just attack the poster, post GIANT STOCK IMAGES, and recruit for their closed echo-chamber Slack.
I know late reply but I really appreciate your comment!
I admit I underestimated Icey's trolling. This looks serious to a newbie, even though he is mixing lies with bits of truth...
al7878

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

https://acheterdescryptomonnaies.fr

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 07:11:12 AM

If you look at this chart https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/ , i think the price should rise again to new highs .

B2Bcoin

████████████████████
                ████████████████████████
                                     █████
                                     ██████
            ████████████████████████████
           ██████████████████████████

████    █████████████████████████
       ████    █████████████████████████████
      ████    ████                     ███████
     ████    ████                         █████
    ████    ████   ██████████████████████   ███
   ████    ████   ██████████████████████   ████
  ████    ████                           █████
████    ████████████████████████████████████
████    ███████████████████████████████████
² WEBSITE ² TELEGRAM ² TWITTER ²
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
² WEBSITE ² TELEGRAM ² TWITTER ²

███████                 ██████
   █████████               ████████
  ███████████             ██████████
█████████████   █████   ████████████
  ███████████   ███████   ██████████
   █████████   █████████   ████████
    ███████   ███████████   ██████
             █████████████
             █████████████
    ███████   ███████████   ███████
   █████████   █████████   █████████
  ███████████   ███████   ███████████
█████████████   █████   █████████████
  ███████████             ███████████
   █████████               █████████
    ███████                 ███████

MEROEX
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:55:23 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 12:16:07 PM by qwizzie

I admit I underestimated Icey's trolling. This looks serious to a newbie, even though he is mixing lies with bits of truth...

Which leads to FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt), a trolls best-used weapon on forums like these.  
Trying to spread fud is of course a bit difficult, when most of the forum you are trying to troll has you on ignore.
So Icetroll is trying to reach those new members that dont know about his troll reputation yet, and tries to influence them.

To the new users :

Yes, Dash is not perfect yet
Yes, there are still bugs found and fixed in the code, as with any cryptocurrency that is an ongoing process
Yes, certain elements of Dash technology can be disabled through sporks (InstantSend for example), when a problem arises
(i actually prefer this methode over having to issue a hotfix that all users / merchants / masternode owners and miners need to implement in a short time frame, risking a fork of the network)
No, Dash is not hampered by its Instamine that happened more then 3 years ago, the Dash community simply moved on
No, Dash privacy technology has never been broken, when mixed properly by using high number of rounds and by following best practices as described here : https://www.dashforcenews.com/privatesend-best-practices/
No, Dash will never let go of its low fees in order to function as pure peer-peer instantly-settled cheap transaction provider. If the need arises the fees can easily be adjusted in the code
No, Dash is currently not completely up to date with Bitcoin and never will be. Each Bitcoin update needs to be valuated to see if it contributes to keeping Dash compatible with Bitcoin and if its
desirable to include into the Dash code (as Bitcoin is moving more towards implementing an offchain solution through Lightning Network and Dash is moving towards onchain solution by upscaling its network through
advanced hardware, the evaluation and selection of which Bitcoin updates need to be implemented into Dash code will only increase). Also keep in mind that some of Bitcoin updates that are focussed
on fixing its full blocks problem, does not necessarily need to be implemented for Dash as Dash has no full blocks problem and uses the onchain solution for upscaling.

What Dash hopes to fix from Bitcoin is the following :

Mainstream adaption through the use of its 2-tier network, by using Dash as a platform on which other services can run. Services like :

* InstantSend (fixes the long confirmation time that other cryptocurrency have with regards to transactions). InstantSend is currently disabled through spork because of some bugs, but will be activated with next update
* PrivacySend (fixes the traceability of transactions on an open ledger)
* Dash Evolution (fixes the dependance on centralized api by having a decentralized api running across its whole platform and also fix the user-unfriendly wallets that Bitcoin introduced)
* Masternodes (fixes the eventual decline of full nodes, by rewarding masternode owners for running and maintaining a full node which provides services to the network)
* Proof of Work & Proof of Service & Decentralized Budget and Governance (fixes the whole blockreward going only to miners, in Dash it goes to both miners 45%, masternodes 45% and budget 10% which provides both a
   stronger network, decentralized governance and independant funding for Dash)
* Onchain scalability (fixes the dependance on offchain services that could make the fees much higher and could cause centralization. Dash will upscale its network though optimizing its hardware and introducing
   advanced hardware later on, all running on the blockchain / onchain)
* DAO's (Decentralized Autonomous Organisations) : for example Dash Core Team, Dash Force News and DashLabs. These DAO's and future DAO's expand the Dash network and its eco-system, but can also be held
   accountable. The DAO is much less the case with Bitcoin, which is depending on donations through its Foundation and is severly influenced by many of its developers working for and receiving funding directly from
   a centralized company (Blockstream).

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Pages: « 1 ... 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 [6462] 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 6503 6504 6505 6506 6507 6508 6509 6510 6511 6512 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: