Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:00:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 [730] 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:00:11 PM

Moreover that foundation could have a patent on DarkSend and other coins would have to pay a fee in DRK to use it. (fee redistributed to the network or bounty)

I don't think that's possible with open source software.  I could be wrong, not sure.

Open source code can be released under a variety of licences. But I'm no expert either. If there was a way of licencing Darksend with minimum fuss then that would certainly ease a lot of minds re: copycat coins. It wouldn't eliminate competition, but it would be a help.

Someone needs to look into it. Maybe the EFF or someone could offer advice?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:20:27 PM

Ok, I have an alternate idea.  Let's start a Darkcoin foundation.  The goal of the foundation would be to further darkcoin in all aspects (marketing, legal, charity, bounties etc.).  

To further the foundation's goals, let's try to persuade the major pools to voluntarily donate 0.1% of mining output to the foundation (this can come directly out of the fee they charge miners - if they charge a 1% fee, they can either tack on .1% or keep their fee at 1% and pocket 10% less than they do currently).  This would of course be COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY. In exchange the pool will be given special status on the main darkcoin website/subreddit/forum post etc.  Something simple like "Darkcoin Foundation donor" and a special little icon next to the pool name.  If we could get the major pools to agree we could generate some significant bounties for important causes, and most importantly it would be voluntary. Discuss.

That's fine by me, that's actually the same amount of money I proposed above but via donations. That would allow for us to pay for marketing costs, building the foundation, etc. Sounds great.
I'm also fine with that bcs it means a steady stream of coins with which we can do things properly.

As for creating the foundation, I'm also in favor, and have another proposal in terms of its functioning:

I propose to set the foundation, and have its annual and important 'voting' decisions performed in a proof-of-stake manner.
that means that bagholders will send a 0.000001DRK to wallet A or B or C based on their vote.
Each vote can represent a single hand, or a wallet (the amount of DRK it contains).
The script should obviously check that the coins in the wallet are not newly transferred so as to avoid double counting.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:39:01 PM

I've got an investor that wants to buy about £5k - £10k GBP of DRK.

He has never done crypto before, but I know him from consumer financial services. I'm having lunch with him today.

PM please anyone that is interested.

2 bottles of red, 1 white, 4 beers and a brandy later...i'm well pissed.

need those big wallets to hand over $12,000 worth of drk to a new investor doing crypto for first time. I'm escrow, no fee. All fiat.

takers, in one deal or several deals? PM. but not today.
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:40:13 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 03:53:23 PM by Simcom

Ok, I have an alternate idea.  Let's start a Darkcoin foundation.  The goal of the foundation would be to further darkcoin in all aspects (marketing, legal, charity, bounties etc.).  

To further the foundation's goals, let's try to persuade the major pools to voluntarily donate 0.1% of mining output to the foundation (this can come directly out of the fee they charge miners - if they charge a 1% fee, they can either tack on .1% or keep their fee at 1% and pocket 10% less than they do currently).  This would of course be COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY. In exchange the pool will be given special status on the main darkcoin website/subreddit/forum post etc.  Something simple like "Darkcoin Foundation donor" and a special little icon next to the pool name.  If we could get the major pools to agree we could generate some significant bounties for important causes, and most importantly it would be voluntary. Discuss.

That's fine by me, that's actually the same amount of money I proposed above but via donations. That would allow for us to pay for marketing costs, building the foundation, etc. Sounds great.

Evan, maybe you can set up a Darkcoin Foundation wallet address?  Then we can start contacting pool operators.  I would also be great if we can get chaeplin to create a page similar to http://drk.poolhash.org/darksend.html to track the Foundation's wallet.
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:48:43 PM

think most here would agree that the technological achievements of Darkcoin are FAR AHEAD of the coin's marketing. I think most will also agree with LimLims that such activity needs a dedicated professional person.

I therefore propose the following - from the next fork, X% of the masternodes proceeds will go into a dedicated multi-sig wallet that will pay a salary to a dedicated full-time professional marketing person.

Hopefully, in time, the price of darkcoin will go up, this fund will be able to employ more than one person, and thus also pay the developers, webmaster, etc.
imho, the time has come to become less bootstrap and more professional.

While it sounds like a really great idea, it's technically the same as doing an X% pre-mine on the launch and use that for this kind of stuff.
If you do this then expect people regularly jump and say: Look! The developer takes his own cut from every singe block rewards! Crucify the scammer! Cheesy

I think this should be a voluntarily donation. You could set your darkcoin wallet to pay X amount of txfee (on top of the mandatory txfee when that applies) to the developer fund. And you could also set your masternode to pay X amount of it's earnings to that fund. This could be a non-zero value by default (but still manually adjustable to zero).
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:51:38 PM

I'm also fine with that bcs it means a steady stream of coins with which we can do things properly.

As for creating the foundation, I'm also in favor, and have another proposal in terms of its functioning:

I propose to set the foundation, and have its annual and important 'voting' decisions performed in a proof-of-stake manner.
that means that bagholders will send a 0.000001DRK to wallet A or B or C based on their vote.
Each vote can represent a single hand, or a wallet (the amount of DRK it contains).
The script should obviously check that the coins in the wallet are not newly transferred so as to avoid double counting.

That's a neat idea. I think we could implement that for all Darkcoin decisions (why not into the client itself, it could just sign the inputs to prove the stake and post them to a website).

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:59:09 PM

That's a neat idea. I think we could implement that for all Darkcoin decisions (why not into the client itself, it could just sign the inputs to prove the stake and post them to a website).
Love it! You're a bold man.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 04:00:24 PM

Evan, maybe you can set up a Darkcoin Foundation wallet address?  Then we can start contacting pool operators.  I would also be great if we can get chaeplin to create a page similar to http://drk.poolhash.org/darksend.html to track the Foundation's wallet.

I've recently taken over Sam's bounty fund wallet and sent the funds to XbvMksW32pWkJi4epVVfGZ3YheoNF9exRw. Until we have an actual foundation I think this address should be used for all donations.

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XbvMksW32pWkJi4epVVfGZ3YheoNF9exRw

Debits and Credits: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UhfA0hjcSekwJwrY0ixDys_3DFRDuR594vI7z6BxCaE/edit#gid=0

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Simcom

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:05:17 PM

Love it! You're a bold man.

Heavycoin has a really great voting feature built into the client, it would be awesome if we can mimic that.  The proposal by chompyZ would be easy to manipulate (I can create and fund 500 addresses in a few hours)
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 04:20:50 PM

wow great ideas flying around tonight Shocked
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:36:33 PM

wow great ideas flying around tonight Shocked

Yep, what about darksend txfee? Just an idea..
Simcom

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:37:03 PM

I've recently taken over Sam's bounty fund wallet and sent the funds to XbvMksW32pWkJi4epVVfGZ3YheoNF9exRw. Until we have an actual foundation I think this address should be used for all donations.

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XbvMksW32pWkJi4epVVfGZ3YheoNF9exRw

Debits and Credits: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UhfA0hjcSekwJwrY0ixDys_3DFRDuR594vI7z6BxCaE/edit#gid=0

Awesome, I've contacted Chaeplin via PM, hopefully we will have a nice graph tracking this balance soon.  I think it will be great for morale around here to watch this balance grow.
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:43:43 PM

With everyone talking about setting up a foundation, I've created a p2pool where 1% of the profit's will be donated at the end of every month towards that. (It's also helping pay for the forums.)

p2pool.darkcointalk.org

When connecting be sure to use port 7903. For example

minerd -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.darkcointalk.org:7903 -u [darkcoin address] -p [anything you want]

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/ann-p2pool-darkcointalk-orgs.283/#post-2110
Simcom

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:57:39 PM

With everyone talking about setting up a foundation, I've created a p2pool where 1% of the profit's will be donated at the end of every month towards that. (It's also helping pay for the forums.)

p2pool.darkcointalk.org

minerd -o stratum+tcp://p2pool.darkcointalk.org:7903 -u [darkcoin address] -p [anything you want]

So is it a 1% fee, all going to the bounty pool?  Not sure I understand.
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:32:08 PM

p2pool.darkcointalk.org

So is it a 1% fee, all going to the bounty pool?  Not sure I understand.

Xn71EFztHqAeCnGZvkipWh6rsV2q3YKFUT This is the address of the p2pool. At the end of every month, 1% of this address's balance will be donated to starting a Foundation.
janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:38:56 PM

p2pool.darkcointalk.org

So is it a 1% fee, all going to the bounty pool?  Not sure I understand.

Xn71EFztHqAeCnGZvkipWh6rsV2q3YKFUT This is the address of the p2pool. At the end of every month, 1% of this address's balance will be donated to starting a Foundation.

I think he asked where does that balance come from? Is it 1% of the 1% pool fee, meaning 0.01% of the found block rewards+txfees? Or is it the full 1% pool fee?
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:14:52 PM

You decide.

That's where the trouble starts, LOL.

I do think the blue and white gives off the right flavor, a bright blue, not a navy blue.  The gold and black keep making me think of a Lexus car, LOL  Not sure if they ever used those colors, but that's the name that comes to mind...

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
kopam

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:19:41 PM

Hey guys i am mining dark for the last few days but i would like to solo mine, however i just can not get to set up my solo mining, its working for other coins but cant get it to work for dark.
This is my darkcoin.conf file :

listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
maxconnections=100
rpcuser=xxxxx
rpcpassword=xxxxxx
rpcport=9999
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.0.*

and this is my sgminer.conf :

{
"pools" : [

{
                "url" : "192.168.0.192:9999",
                "user" : "xxxxx",
                "pass" : "xxxxx"
        },

if anyone can see where the problem is please tell me, i will really appreciate this ! Smiley

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
   ████████████████████████████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:22:02 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 12:43:58 AM by Propulsion

p2pool.darkcointalk.org

So is it a 1% fee, all going to the bounty pool?  Not sure I understand.

I think he asked where does that balance come from? Is it 1% of the 1% pool fee, meaning 0.01% of the found block rewards+txfees? Or is it the full 1% pool fee?

My offer is insulting. Starting Wednesday. 23.4.14, the node fee will be 2%. With 50% of the total balance at the end of the month going to Evan's Foundation Address.

Following Evan and Ape's suit, I will be donating 10% of the 1% fees towards the forming of a Foundation.
Xdragon

Activity: 543

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:33:47 PM

You decide.
It looks nice especially blue version. Maybe you could use new logo and brighter blue. Also those 3 images under anonymous, rare, and valuable are terrible, but it is good start so far. Great work. Consider that it is DarkCoin, and DarkSend, not Darkcoin/Darksend
Pages: « 1 ... 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 [730] 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: