Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:12:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
zph42

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 03:56:11 AM

We're NUMBER ONE, We're NUMBER ONE!
Trading volume on Allcoin almost 3 bitcoin in 24 rolling hour period!
Pair               Price    24h Low        24h High               24h Volume(BTC)    Trend    
  NOTE (DNotes)    0.00000248    0.00000225   0.00000248    2.7120    +22.51%

Shocked

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2028929792/hD758BA49/

I just noticed that as well.  Yesterday the volume was around 2.5 BTC / 24 hours on Allcoin and the same on Poloniex.  Do you think the world is figuring out what we have known all along?

p.s.  Whatever that adorable little creature is on that finger, I want one!

Ring-tailed lemur? I'd bet a DNote on it Smiley
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:24:27 PM

Has anyone heard of LoveCrypto?  Apparently you can send a bundle of cryptocurrency as a gift via email and  I think it would be a great fit for DNotes.  The voting list isn't long ...yet. 

http://www.lovecrypto.com/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 02:14:18 PM

Has anyone heard of LoveCrypto?  Apparently you can send a bundle of cryptocurrency as a gift via email and  I think it would be a great fit for DNotes.  The voting list isn't long ...yet. 

http://www.lovecrypto.com/

Good find, looks like they are in beta, but I'll see if I can contact them.

Happy Mothers Day!!!

Italian Technology

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:46:40 PM

The currency will only be successful if it gains rapid, widespread, and broad base support from a very large number of individuals and groups. Collectively, the miners, mining pools, bloggers, social media, and crypto forum users contribute the largest portion to the success of the currency. These groups, being critical to our success, deserve the most credit and appreciation.  The vast majority of premined coins are allocated to them as rewards for their contributions. It is time for a fair distribution to ensure a level playing field and not a get rich scheme for the developers.

How is this coin differentiating from all the other crypto currencies out there? What are the plans to make this coin spread worldwide except from giving coins away? And why should businesses accept this coin as a payment?
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:26:22 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 01:33:10 PM by Dyna

The currency will only be successful if it gains rapid, widespread, and broad base support from a very large number of individuals and groups. Collectively, the miners, mining pools, bloggers, social media, and crypto forum users contribute the largest portion to the success of the currency. These groups, being critical to our success, deserve the most credit and appreciation.  The vast majority of premined coins are allocated to them as rewards for their contributions. It is time for a fair distribution to ensure a level playing field and not a get rich scheme for the developers.

How is this coin differentiating from all the other crypto currencies out there? What are the plans to make this coin spread worldwide except from giving coins away? And why should businesses accept this coin as a payment?

Those are excellent questions. DNotes could very well be one of the most generous crypto currencies in terms of giveaways. We absolutely believe in the shared stake concept and that our giveaway programs have made it possible for many to own crypto currency for the first time. Based on our registration data, our giveaways through Cryptomoms is indicating that 25% of our giveaways have gone to female stake holders. This of major significance, since Cryptomoms core mission is to assist and encourage women's participation in the crypto currency world overwhelming dominated by men by a ratio of 19:1,  or 95% (male) to 5% (female). This troubling gender imbalance has been voiced by women’s advocates and discussed in different Bitcoin forums; but until now a highly focused and dedicated effort to change the playing field has been lacking. This deserves our industry united efforts to drastically turn it around. In order for crypto currency to become main stream, this is one of the critical challenges that must be overcome.  

DNotes is fundamentally different in substance and style. We are totally committed to building a solid foundation right from the start, deliberately maintaining a low profile to avoid rapid increase in the price of DNotes that is not yet supported by fundamental values. Stability in the value of the currency is one of the key targets our business model seeks to achieve. Instinctively, we all love rapid price appreciation and we certainly understand the mechanics of the law of supply and demand.  However, if demand is artificially generated constantly to induce rapid price appreciation, stability in the currency is not achievable. We all love rapid price appreciation, but for long term stake holders, sustainable price appreciation within a reasonable range is the most valuable selection criteria to consider. Until there is a digital currency sufficiently stable, wide spread adoption by merchants is highly unlikely.

DNotes mission is to be the digital currency of the future with lasting value. This is a huge challenge consisting of many strategic moves. We are about to complete our phase one formative stage and will be issuing a press release soon to provide further guidance of our vision and roadmap going forward, which will include reaching out to our industry peers in the pursuit of worthy projects of mutual benefits to the digital currency space. I hope this is helpful, for you and others to begin to understand why DNotes has elected to take a different path, one that is materially more difficulty, costly, and time consuming. Understanding the macro prospective and doing the right things are the best contributions we can offer to our industry currently in a state on much confusion and mistrust. Our rather openly public support for AsiaCoin in time of needs is an indicator of what we are prepared to do to help unity our industry.
Italian Technology

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:49:18 PM

The currency will only be successful if it gains rapid, widespread, and broad base support from a very large number of individuals and groups. Collectively, the miners, mining pools, bloggers, social media, and crypto forum users contribute the largest portion to the success of the currency. These groups, being critical to our success, deserve the most credit and appreciation.  The vast majority of premined coins are allocated to them as rewards for their contributions. It is time for a fair distribution to ensure a level playing field and not a get rich scheme for the developers.

Those are excellent questions. DNotes could very well be one of the most generous crypto currencies in terms of giveaways. We absolutely believe in the shared stake concept and that our giveaway programs have made it possible for many to own crypto currency for the first time. Based on our registration data, our giveaways through Cryptomoms is indicating that 25% of our giveaways have gone to female stake holders. This of major significance, since Cryptomoms core mission is to assist and encourage women's participation in the crypto currency world overwhelming dominated by men by a ratio of 19:1,  or 95% (male) to 5% (female). This troubling gender imbalance has been voiced by women’s advocates and discussed in different Bitcoin forums; but until now a highly focused and dedicated effort to change the playing field has been lacking. This deserves our industry united efforts to drastically turn it around. In order for crypto currency to become main stream, this is one of the critical challenges that must be overcome.  

DNotes is fundamentally different in substance and style. We are totally committed to building a solid foundation right from the start, deliberately maintaining a low profile to avoid rapid increase in the price of DNotes that is not yet supported by fundamental values. Stability in the value of the currency is one of the key targets our business model seeks to achieve. Instinctively, we all love rapid price appreciation and we certainly understand the mechanics of the law of supply and demand.  However, if demand is artificially generated constantly to induce rapid price appreciation, stability in the currency is not achievable. We all love rapid price appreciation, but for long term stake holders, sustainable price appreciation within a reasonable range is the most valuable selection criteria to consider. Until there is a digital currency sufficiently stable, wide spread adoption by merchants is highly unlikely.

DNotes mission is to be the digital currency of the future with lasting value. This is a huge challenge consisting of many strategic moves. We are about to complete our phase one formative stage and will be issuing a press release soon to provide further guidance of our vision and roadmap going forward, which will include reaching out to our industry peers in the pursuit of worthy projects of mutual benefits to the digital currency space. I hope this is helpful, for you and others to begin to understand why DNotes has elected to take a different path, one that is materially more difficulty, costly, and time consuming. Understanding the macro prospective and doing the right things are the best contributions we can offer to our industry currently in a state on much confusion and mistrust. Our rather openly public support for AsiaCoin in time of needs is an indicator of what we are prepared to do to help unity our industry.

Thank you Dyna your answer helped me understand how Dnotes differs from many crypto currencies. I like the idea of supporting female stake holders this may bring a new public to get involved in crypto currencies, it could also help the coin gain great visibility. Trying to keep a low profile so that the coin will not be used as many others just for a pump and dump might make it reach a major stability and value. Still I believe that if the coin will not be used to pay goods and services it will never be seen as a possible alternative to fiat currencies. I understand that this is very complicated, especially finding businesses that are interested in accepting crypto currencies as a form of payment being the market so unstable at the moment. With that said is Dnote being used for any trading activity or the coins you gave away went out only for advertisement? Thank you for your time I hope this coin will get the attention needed!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:01:54 PM

Thank you Dyna your answer helped me understand how Dnotes differs from many crypto currencies. I like the idea of supporting female stake holders this may bring a new public to get involved in crypto currencies, it could also help the coin gain great visibility. Trying to keep a low profile so that the coin will not be used as many others just for a pump and dump might make it reach a major stability and value. Still I believe that if the coin will not be used to pay goods and services it will never be seen as a possible alternative to fiat currencies. I understand that this is very complicated, especially finding businesses that are interested in accepting crypto currencies as a form of payment being the market so unstable at the moment. With that said is Dnote being used for any trading activity or the coins you gave away went out only for advertisement? Thank you for your time I hope this coin will get the attention needed!

Thank you, Italian Technology. Supporting female stake holders is not just a smart business move. It is a critical prerequisite for digital currency to become main stream. Women world wide control more than 50% of consumer buying power. This segment can not and should not be ignored. In phrase two of our campaign, we will be much more visible and reach out to our industry peers to join force with us in addressing issues that matter the most in our industry.  There are many issues that preventing the industry to be more successful and women’s participation is only one of them. We need many more people like you who understand what matters and ask very objective and constructive questions. If there are specific projects you believe can be helpful, please let us know. We will do our best to support you. If you have not already done so, please join the forum at: http://cryptomoms.com/forum/index.php

In the mean time I will have our discussions posted in their forum. You are gifted in asking probing questions that matter. Many of the participants are new to the crypto currency world. I trust you can be of great help.

Quote: (from Italian Technology) “Still I believe that if the coin will not be used to pay for goods and services it will never be seen as a possible alternative to fiat currencies. I understand that this is very complicated, especially finding businesses that are interested in accepting crypto currencies as a form of payment being the market so unstable at the moment.”

This may be best answered with a quote from one of my earlier posts:
(Shepherd at Cryptomoms, April 20, 2014)

“In order to be the digital currency of the future, that currency must meet the three most important criteria.

First, it must be traded on all major exchanges and recognized by most analysts as a value currency with long term appreciation. There must be strong fundamentals to support its value and growth projections.  Typically, the long term trend reflects a higher high and a higher low.

Second as a store of value. At a minimum, its value or purchasing power must be able to keep up with the rate of inflation. As an example, if it costs 300 DNotes or US$2.99 to purchase a gallon of milk today and the price of milk went up to US$3.99 next year, the same 300 DNotes must be able to purchase that gallon of milk. That being case, this is a reliable currency, in regards to store of value. Now, if it only cost 250 Notes, it means that DNotes was either under valued a year ago or that it has high appreciation value.

Three, being a medium of exchange for goods and services in conducting global commerce.  Until there is a digital currency that can meet this demanding criteria, it is my humble opinion that digital currency will not become main stream in global commerce. On the other hand, if one or more crypto currencies meet this demanding standard, the total global transactional value will be in the trillions of dollars. Unfortunately, our industry has failed to meet this requirement miserably. Whether you consider it individually or as a group, the value of crypto currencies today is chaotic and unreliable. At a more appropriate time DNotes will attempt to sign up merchant accounts to use DNotes for the purchase of their goods and services. However, until DNotes is sufficiently established and accepted as a trustworthy, stable, and reliable currency with appreciating value, do not expect an all out campaign  from DNotes to sign up merchant accounts. In other words, it is not yet ready for "Prime Time."

In brief, we are in agreement with you.  However, we also feel very strongly that until there is a more favorable environment backed by a currency that can meet the minimum requirements and expectations of merchants any campaign to set up merchant accounts will not result in much success. Although, some of the currency risk can be minimized through sophisticated currency hedging programs, the added cost burden out weights the low transaction cost of digital currency compared to the cost of using credit cards and other forms of payment.
DNotes is currently listed on Allcoin, Polonex, Comkart, and C-Cex Exchange. It is also listed on CryptoRush Exchange which we understand will be back on line soon.
PEACEOFWAR

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:56:14 AM

Hi I have already reached out to     zph42 about possible issue with his Dnotespool.com website all my miners are no longer able to connect.
He is a great guy and I am sure will have it back up in a matter of hours once he sees my PM

Dnotescoin
Di4uhAgvvfAjm8hDptyotEgJUDmxsz5GQC
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 02:23:27 PM

Hi I have already reached out to     zph42 about possible issue with his Dnotespool.com website all my miners are no longer able to connect.
He is a great guy and I am sure will have it back up in a matter of hours once he sees my PM

Yes he is, he has been invaluable to the DNotes team.

I just checked mine, everything up and running. Are you connecting again now?

CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 03:24:59 PM

Question for the Community...give me your thoughts

I own and operate CharityMiningPools and was wondering if the true community users would be interested in the following pool setup.

In addition to the current mandatory charity donation percentage, I was thinking about ways to give back to the DNotes Community as a whole. I've been toying with the following idea and I was wondering what the response would be since it will raise the % of coins being collected by mining, but for a great cause for us all.

Potential Fees/Donations from our pool based on feedback.

- 1.5% Mandatory Donation Fees (0.75% goes to charity, 0.75% goes to the DNotes Community (more on this below))
- 0.75% Pool Fees (It would be easy for everyone to say cut the Pool Fees, but reality is that I currently loose about $120 each month running my pools as a whole so the Pool Fee is a must to salvage a little of the server costs)

DNotes Community Donations (0.75%)
- Will be collected and donated each month to DNotes voting on Mintpal, Cryptsy, etc...
- Will be collected and donated to DNotes Faucets to keep the community from going dry
- Will be collected and donated to give-aways and other opportunities to raise awareness for DNotes
- Can be used for any other suggested DNotes community related items that will benefit the growth of DNotes

We could even raise any of these values higher if the community was in agreement.  Maybe something like 1% to charity and 1% to the community as well as the pool fee?  We can have votes to determine where the community donations go each month as well.

Anyways, just some thoughts.  Let me know what you think.  I would need to make sure people are on board with what I'm proposing.  Currently no changes will be made until I get feedback from the community.

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
Italian Technology

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:44:58 PM

Thank you, Italian Technology. Supporting female stake holders is not just a smart business move. It is a critical prerequisite for digital currency to become main stream. Women world wide control more than 50% of consumer buying power. This segment can not and should not be ignored. In phrase two of our campaign, we will be much more visible and reach out to our industry peers to join force with us in addressing issues that matter the most in our industry.  There are many issues that preventing the industry to be more successful and women’s participation is only one of them. We need many more people like you who understand what matters and ask very objective and constructive questions. If there are specific projects you believe can be helpful, please let us know. We will do our best to support you. If you have not already done so, please join the forum at: http://cryptomoms.com/forum/index.php

In the mean time I will have our discussions posted in their forum. You are gifted in asking probing questions that matter. Many of the participants are new to the crypto currency world. I trust you can be of great help.

Quote: (from Italian Technology) “Still I believe that if the coin will not be used to pay for goods and services it will never be seen as a possible alternative to fiat currencies. I understand that this is very complicated, especially finding businesses that are interested in accepting crypto currencies as a form of payment being the market so unstable at the moment.”

This may be best answered with a quote from one of my earlier posts:
(Shepherd at Cryptomoms, April 20, 2014)

“In order to be the digital currency of the future, that currency must meet the three most important criteria.

First, it must be traded on all major exchanges and recognized by most analysts as a value currency with long term appreciation. There must be strong fundamentals to support its value and growth projections.  Typically, the long term trend reflects a higher high and a higher low.

Second as a store of value. At a minimum, its value or purchasing power must be able to keep up with the rate of inflation. As an example, if it costs 300 DNotes or US$2.99 to purchase a gallon of milk today and the price of milk went up to US$3.99 next year, the same 300 DNotes must be able to purchase that gallon of milk. That being case, this is a reliable currency, in regards to store of value. Now, if it only cost 250 Notes, it means that DNotes was either under valued a year ago or that it has high appreciation value.

Three, being a medium of exchange for goods and services in conducting global commerce.  Until there is a digital currency that can meet this demanding criteria, it is my humble opinion that digital currency will not become main stream in global commerce. On the other hand, if one or more crypto currencies meet this demanding standard, the total global transactional value will be in the trillions of dollars. Unfortunately, our industry has failed to meet this requirement miserably. Whether you consider it individually or as a group, the value of crypto currencies today is chaotic and unreliable. At a more appropriate time DNotes will attempt to sign up merchant accounts to use DNotes for the purchase of their goods and services. However, until DNotes is sufficiently established and accepted as a trustworthy, stable, and reliable currency with appreciating value, do not expect an all out campaign  from DNotes to sign up merchant accounts. In other words, it is not yet ready for "Prime Time."

In brief, we are in agreement with you.  However, we also feel very strongly that until there is a more favorable environment backed by a currency that can meet the minimum requirements and expectations of merchants any campaign to set up merchant accounts will not result in much success. Although, some of the currency risk can be minimized through sophisticated currency hedging programs, the added cost burden out weights the low transaction cost of digital currency compared to the cost of using credit cards and other forms of payment.
DNotes is currently listed on Allcoin, Polonex, Comkart, and C-Cex Exchange. It is also listed on CryptoRush Exchange which we understand will be back on line soon.

Thank you Dyna, your post is super detailed and I totally agree with you. I hope that everyone will start to get involved making crypto currencies a more accepted idea. This will help people understand the importance of a decentralized currency, but it's a difficult argument, and it will be hard to get a global interest until they will understand the technology that revolves around it and how it can be applied not only to virtual money but also in manny other aspects. Thank you for your time!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:36:42 PM

Thanks, Italian Technology. 

You are exactly correct. It is troubling, especially to see people of power and wealth, including influential politicians, condemning the technology, not based on merits, but a lack of basis understanding.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 12:24:17 AM

Question for the Community...give me your thoughts

I own and operate CharityMiningPools and was wondering if the true community users would be interested in the following pool setup.

In addition to the current mandatory charity donation percentage, I was thinking about ways to give back to the DNotes Community as a whole. I've been toying with the following idea and I was wondering what the response would be since it will raise the % of coins being collected by mining, but for a great cause for us all.

Potential Fees/Donations from our pool based on feedback.

- 1.5% Mandatory Donation Fees (0.75% goes to charity, 0.75% goes to the DNotes Community (more on this below))
- 0.75% Pool Fees (It would be easy for everyone to say cut the Pool Fees, but reality is that I currently loose about $120 each month running my pools as a whole so the Pool Fee is a must to salvage a little of the server costs)

DNotes Community Donations (0.75%)
- Will be collected and donated each month to DNotes voting on Mintpal, Cryptsy, etc...
- Will be collected and donated to DNotes Faucets to keep the community from going dry
- Will be collected and donated to give-aways and other opportunities to raise awareness for DNotes
- Can be used for any other suggested DNotes community related items that will benefit the growth of DNotes

We could even raise any of these values higher if the community was in agreement.  Maybe something like 1% to charity and 1% to the community as well as the pool fee?  We can have votes to determine where the community donations go each month as well.

Anyways, just some thoughts.  Let me know what you think.  I would need to make sure people are on board with what I'm proposing.  Currently no changes will be made until I get feedback from the community.

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools

Sounds like a very interesting proposition with a lot of potential. I would recommend everyone voice their opinions, whether you feel it is a good idea or not, and how you would like those funds to be allocated.

MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:29:10 AM

CMP, you run a solid pool. It's been stable from the word go, other than an initial hiccup at the moment of launch. The charity raise is admirable and good work. You are to be commended.

But here's the thing. I've got a rig with a handful of r9 290s. They are great GPUs. But they, and all other hashing platforms like them, burn too much heat. Scypt ASICs do the same hashing output, at like 1/50 the power outlay.

Asics are coming, and before summer's end, they in all probability will be here. I'll bet that by years end, the difficulty will start to hockey stick on all scrypt coins of any real importance. Even if I'm off in the predication a few months either way, the point is that I have very little time to recoup my hardware investment, which has run into the many thousands. The impending nature of asic introduction to the scrypt mining market gives my perspective a bit of harsher lens. Point being: as much as I appreciate your pool and it's place in the community, I couldn't mine long-term there because of the fees.

dnote.hashrate.eu has a 0% pool fee, and folks can donate what they are comfortable with. At a .5% donation, that is still a full 200 basis points lower than your proposed fee, and 100 bp lower than your current fee. Regardless of what it all goes to (charity, community, pool operator, etc)...I just can't overlook the vig like if I was mining in July of 2013 or some such.

That said, I've have done my fair share of mining on your pool and found a few hundred blocks. Because your stability and charity mission is worth voting on with mining time/dollars. But as the squeeze gets put on the common man's mining setup, it's hard to justify lost value with warm fuzzies, as an i-bank analyst might say.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
MineOncloud

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:18:04 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 07:59:31 PM by MineOncloud

Count me in miner & in pool list 

https://i.imgur.com/xSZSzVh.png
DNOTE POOL Mineoncloud! NO REGISTER Mining on DIRECT ADDRESS !! 1 % FEES
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 07:29:05 PM

New pool added

pool.mineoncloud.com

1.1% FEES

Payout Auto Wallet adress

Thank you. I haven't seen one like this before. Is this similar to P2Pool?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:32:37 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 12:42:20 AM by Dyna

CMP, you run a solid pool. It's been stable from the word go, other than an initial hiccup at the moment of launch. The charity raise is admirable and good work. You are to be commended.

But here's the thing. I've got a rig with a handful of r9 290s. They are great GPUs. But they, and all other hashing platforms like them, burn too much heat. Scypt ASICs do the same hashing output, at like 1/50 the power outlay.

Asics are coming, and before summer's end, they in all probability will be here. I'll bet that by years end, the difficulty will start to hockey stick on all scrypt coins of any real importance. Even if I'm off in the predication a few months either way, the point is that I have very little time to recoup my hardware investment, which has run into the many thousands. The impending nature of asic introduction to the scrypt mining market gives my perspective a bit of harsher lens. Point being: as much as I appreciate your pool and it's place in the community, I couldn't mine long-term there because of the fees.

dnote.hashrate.eu has a 0% pool fee, and folks can donate what they are comfortable with. At a .5% donation, that is still a full 200 basis points lower than your proposed fee, and 100 bp lower than your current fee. Regardless of what it all goes to (charity, community, pool operator, etc)...I just can't overlook the vig like if I was mining in July of 2013 or some such.

That said, I've have done my fair share of mining on your pool and found a few hundred blocks. Because your stability and charity mission is worth voting on with mining time/dollars. But as the squeeze gets put on the common man's mining setup, it's hard to justify lost value with warm fuzzies, as an i-bank analyst might say.

MinningHabit, good to have your participation on a subject that has been quite troubling to us. We are concerned about Scrpyt ASIC minning rigs expected to flood the market in a matter of months. DNotes has always looked out to support the common men and, of course, now that we have Cryptomoms, the commom women as well. Frankly, there are no perfect solutions in our fast moving and challenging industry. Being loaded with so many dramas it's difficult to keep up with them when one also has a day job. We are also being challenged by the noticable switch from POW to POS, despite the potential of injecting a significantly higher risk profile most people may not care to understand. On top of all these, the increasing number of multiple pools being formed to keep their royal miners engaged and productive by mining other currencies and instantly dumping them to feed the demand curve of the currency they support is another huge challenge. We are making a strategic move to protect our long term stake holders and will be making an announcement soon. Stay tunned.
MineOncloud

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:54:40 PM

https://i.imgur.com/H4OnVY2.jpg

New pool added

pool.mineoncloud.com

1.1% FEES

Payout Auto Wallet adress

Thank you. I haven't seen one like this before. Is this similar to P2Pool?

Hello,

No, its nodejs opend source softaware.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:07:01 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 11:20:21 PM by Chase

We are also being challenged by the noticable switch from POW to POS, despite the potential injecting a significantly higher risk profile most people may not care to understand.

[/quote]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may be exaggerating a little, but it seems like there is a new POS coin being launched every hour.  I have never looked at them from any other perspective other than as an investment.  I figured as long as you chose only a few very carefully, and didn't assume that every POS was a good coin, they seemed like a good choice.  Can you explain why they pose such a higher level of risk.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:26:12 AM

It has been four weeks since DNotes was successfully launched. We have aggressively promoted our shared stake concept with huge giveaways to thousands from around the world, including many first time owners of crypto currency. Convinced by the success of our shared stake concept, we will be continuing our giveaways for an extended period of time.

Happy 1 month birthday for Dnotes :-)
also Dnotes is my first Crypto currency :-)

Cool  yes this coin will be success
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: