Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:21:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297647 times)
shellbunner

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:31:30 PM

The developers just logged in!!!!! Why am I so damn excited?!
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 06:35:06 PM

lol because a shred of our nervousness was replaced with hope?

btw, what happened with your miners? did they push them back and just never deliver? 10K is a chunk to lose on bad hardware.

joshycoin and i were talking this weekend. besides maybe a love of mining and community, even with scrypt asics, it's almost not worth it to mine except to help secure the network. i mean alts in general. you can almost just purchase bitcoin or litecoin and wait and your ROI will be way greater.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 06:35:42 PM

I just keep adding Blades, picked of 3 blades, PS, Pi and all cables for $300.  Add another 15MH to the pool by the end of the week!! Smiley

This seems like the best way to go Smiley

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 06:37:17 PM

in true Octo fashion, watch the price jump to a penny now lololol

shellbunner

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:46:07 PM

btw, what happened with your miners? did they push them back and just never deliver? 10K is a chunk to lose on bad hardware.

joshycoin and i were talking this weekend. besides maybe a love of mining and community, even with scrypt asics, it's almost not worth it to mine except to help secure the network. i mean alts in general. you can almost just purchase bitcoin or litecoin and wait and your ROI will be way greater.

Yea, it's all lip service with them, and most people in the Litecointalk thread agree that we'll never see our miners. I've made good money and lost LOTS of BTC in the past year, but overall, I'm still doing pretty well.

Here's to hoping we can see all the 888 devs hard work soon.
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 07:15:04 PM

Yea, it's all lip service with them, and most people in the Litecointalk thread agree that we'll never see our miners. I've made good money and lost LOTS of BTC in the past year, but overall, I'm still doing pretty well.

Here's to hoping we can see all the 888 devs hard work soon.

agreed

OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:46:38 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 07:57:33 PM by OctoCoin

We have received numerous messages from individuals who are, understandably, concerned about the lack of posts, missed ETA(s), and continued lack of visibility. We apologize for the poor communication and it is important to us that this community understands just how important they are to us (despite what seemingly appears otherwise during certain stretches). Yesterday, we had a board meeting to discuss how we could better balance communication, progress reports, and continued development and we have made it clear to our investors that ensuring this community maintains confidence in OctoCoin as a currency, an investment, and a business is more important than they initially understood. While the initial approach was that our results would do the heavy lifting for us, we are approaching 6 months since OctoCoin went live and a number of you have been with us from the start; we appreciate your confidence and loyalty more than you know - more than we show - and we fully intend to focus more effort on community building in the coming weeks as we begin to roll toward some of our goals and beyond. We have modified a handful of our projects due to slower-than-expected progress with some of the open source technologies we are leveraging but we believe we are making perfect the enemy of the good and, as a show of intent and good faith, we understand the urgent need to release some of these projects publicly even if they aren't 100% where we want them to be. We are working on assembling a hard timeline to make available to the public with penalties for key missed dates.

OctoCoin is bigger than the coin itself and the world will soon realize that there is nothing else quite like this. While we are proud to be a part of this project, it frustrates us immensely when we let this community down. The logistics involved here are insane; creating anything that never existed before is not sanity. Your concerns are heard, we are with you 100%, and we have forcefully broken free from the bulk of constraints previously preventing us from keeping the public communication pipeline more open.

In this world filled with dishonesty and greed, if it feels reckless to continue placing your trust in this faceless, seemingly elusive entity... we cannot blame you - your instincts would be accurate 99% of the time. Every person’s life should include one reckless moment - let this be yours. If you have been with us this long, give us a couple weeks to prove ourselves to you and become a part of history.

We have delivered 6 months of hype - it is time to deliver on the hype. To win without risk is to triumph without glory and, for those still with us, we have unintentionally assured you will certainly not be robbed of glory; we look forward to basking in it together March 2015 in Las Vegas.

U+0004
Sons_of_Crypto

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:53:25 PM

Is everybody happy now? lol...

***Whale watching***
langvad

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:37:41 PM

We have received numerous messages from individuals who are, understandably, concerned about the lack of posts, missed ETA(s), and continued lack of visibility. We apologize for the poor communication and it is important to us that this community understands just how important they are to us (despite what seemingly appears otherwise during certain stretches). Yesterday, we had a board meeting to discuss how we could better balance communication, progress reports, and continued development and we have made it clear to our investors that ensuring this community maintains confidence in OctoCoin as a currency, an investment, and a business is more important than they initially understood. While the initial approach was that our results would do the heavy lifting for us, we are approaching 6 months since OctoCoin went live and a number of you have been with us from the start; we appreciate your confidence and loyalty more than you know - more than we show - and we fully intend to focus more effort on community building in the coming weeks as we begin to roll toward some of our goals and beyond. We have modified a handful of our projects due to slower-than-expected progress with some of the open source technologies we are leveraging but we believe we are making perfect the enemy of the good and, as a show of intent and good faith, we understand the urgent need to release some of these projects publicly even if they aren't 100% where we want them to be. We are working on assembling a hard timeline to make available to the public with penalties for key missed dates.

OctoCoin is bigger than the coin itself and the world will soon realize that there is nothing else quite like this. While we are proud to be a part of this project, it frustrates us immensely when we let this community down. The logistics involved here are insane; creating anything that never existed before is not sanity. Your concerns are heard, we are with you 100%, and we have forcefully broken free from the bulk of constraints previously preventing us from keeping the public communication pipeline more open.

In this world filled with dishonesty and greed, if it feels reckless to continue placing your trust in this faceless, seemingly elusive entity... we cannot blame you - your instincts would be accurate 99% of the time. Every person’s life should include one reckless moment - let this be yours. If you have been with us this long, give us a couple weeks to prove ourselves to you and become a part of history.

We have delivered 6 months of hype - it is time to deliver on the hype. To win without risk is to triumph without glory and, for those still with us, we have unintentionally assured you will certainly not be robbed of glory; we look forward to basking in it together March 2015 in Las Vegas.

U+0004
Nice to hear some news, I will hold on to mine and see what happens in the near future. I hope u guys get alittle better at being active in here, and let us know what´s going on. After all i do have 500k octos, so I was abit worried Smiley
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:58:17 PM

U+0004

nice
ive dumped my 20k coins a few minutes before you are going to post that statement. Srry but after almost one month without an update after the missing eta it was about time.
Good luck in vegas. You will need it with this amateur behavior
I am out.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 10:07:42 PM

See, devs post and we go from ranking 140 to 119 and from .0018 cents to .0024 cents.

And that's within minutes. Still low but that shows the impact. Octohub drove the price up to about a penny.

When apps start releasing, marketing starts happening and we hit a decent exchange with some volume... I still think this is one to watch.

Patience is so hard in the crypto world.

bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 10:34:36 PM

Glad to see some activity from the devs. It's frustrating from my perspective when I know certain things are happening yet they aren't communicating them here. At the same time, I understand what it's like being in similar situations. These guys are a business first and coin developers second... and I'm sure the investors struggle to understand why communication with the community (such as posting in this forum) is so important... but without a reliable currency the business itself will struggle (at least initially) and right now, especially in this market, people require communication and/or results to remain confident. Priorities will always exist but a month of silence was a bit extreme when they threw an ETA out there. If there is one thing I've learned throughout OctoCoin's young life it's that, for better or worse, these guys are going to do things their way and we will remain at their mercy. While I appreciate my somewhat inside position in the situation, I believe the time is now to begin building confidence in OctoCoin. As a part-owner of FusionHash, I also learned today that the OctoCoin team is looking to acquire FusionHash and all of their assets (which includes a lot of mining hardware both old and new). These guys have a ton going on and hopefully they aren't losing focus by getting their fingers into too many different things too soon. In any case... good to see the latest post and would appreciate reasonable updates periodically. I'm heavily invested in OctoCoin, I remain enthusiastic, and I have a front row seat here... surely there is a method to the madness?

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:18:32 PM

U+0004

nice
ive dumped my 20k coins a few minutes before you are going to post that statement. Srry but after almost one month without an update after the missing eta it was about time.
Good luck in vegas. You will need it with this amateur behavior
I am out.

Couldn't even wait it out til the end of the month?  I hope you sold at a loss.  Good riddance!

Add for the Octo believers..... the best is yet to come!

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
joshycoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:08:10 AM

I don't have any experience in growing a business, nor do I have any experience in developing a coin. Having said that, I do have a GREAT deal of experience in information technology and working for a successful, national, IT company. I was a programmer first and graduated as such, then moved on to networking, and now have landed a fairly comfy job as a Sales Engineer. If there is one thing I have learned over the years that applies to this IMMENSELY is that it is ALL about setting expectations. In my line of work as an employee of an MSP, you have to set your expectations as accurately as you can on the front end. If I spec out a server, 40 endpoints, and all the networking equipment that goes along with that, and I tell you, "You will be ready to go, fully functional in 4 months". Then, there is a hiccup and it takes 5 months. We are now that shitty IT company that you are stuck with for X amount of time. We will have to spend at least 6 more months going above and beyond before that trust is ever restored. So let's go back, same situation and I say, "You will be fully functional in 6 to 7 months" and we get it ready in 5... Now we are that IT company that KICKS ASS and you love us. We were done a whole month before the best case scenario deadline! We exceeded your expectations and not only are you happy but can be more forgiving of us if small problems arise because you know we are going to deliver.

Octo Dev's, I am in NO WAY telling you how to run your business, this was for everyone else. Hopefully, as a bit of perspective. These Dev's are still the same ones that got us to fall in love with this coin, and because of their ideas and attitude, an awesome community was formed. Let's all just think about the goodness that is to come and forget about how they "missed the deadline". You always want to under promise and over deliver. I still feel like that is going to happen here but we just have to be a little more patient. As they said, no more of this, hard time lines for now on. It's all 888's from here on baby.
shellbunner

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:47:11 AM

Great to see an update. I appreciate the honesty and the improvement in communication.
Oh, and you mentioned Vegas again!!!! Shit yes!!!!
syncsam

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:11:26 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 01:38:26 AM by syncsam

...Removed text to keep post short...

Couldn't even wait it out til the end of the month?  I hope you sold at a loss.  Good riddance!

Thats pretty harsh, different people have different risk profiles, the risk profile was above what he is comfortable with with the situation at the time, so it was a good decision for him to lower his risk.  But with lower risk profile comes lower to no reward

<edit> plus with the limited information that we have this is a gamble not an investment that you can do due diligence or research on, not everyone is a gambler

@joshycoin good comment
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:36:36 AM

Couldn't even wait it out til the end of the month?  I hope you sold at a loss.  Good riddance!

Thats pretty harsh, different people have different risk profiles, the risk profile was above what he is comfortable with with the situation at the time, so it was a good decision for him to lower his risk.  But with lower risk profile comes lower to no reward

@joshycoin good comment

That is, I have been mining the crap out of Octo.  I was selling when it was 750 and still selling at 375.  What have I been doing with the BTC, buying silver.  Those of you who are buying to hold, I'm happy when you buy my Octo!!  That is just more silver I can buy!!  To each their own!!!

noneclick

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:45:10 AM

Great to see an update. I appreciate the honesty and the improvement in communication.
Oh, and you mentioned Vegas again!!!! Shit yes!!!!

Word!   Shocked
syncsam

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:47:57 AM

That is, I have been mining the crap out of Octo.  I was selling when it was 750 and still selling at 375.  What have I been doing with the BTC, buying silver.  Those of you who are buying to hold, I'm happy when you buy my Octo!!  That is just more silver I can buy!!  To each their own!!!

Exactly different people have different goals

<edit> I should add different risk profiles, experience and expectations
swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:55:54 AM

Couldn't even wait it out til the end of the month?  I hope you sold at a loss.  Good riddance!

Thats pretty harsh, different people have different risk profiles, the risk profile was above what he is comfortable with with the situation at the time, so it was a good decision for him to lower his risk.  But with lower risk profile comes lower to no reward

<edit> plus with the limited information that we have this is a gamble not an investment that you can do due diligence or research on, not everyone is a gambler

@joshycoin good comment

Maybe it was a little harsh, but when they said they would update before the end of August, why sell at the lowest point with a week left in the month and calls the devs amateur?  Anyways....cheap Octo for the rest of us!

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: