Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:39:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260002 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:33:39 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 09:53:22 AM by Collider

Quoting chip costs is a stupid idea, as you have to compare the costs for a finished miner.
Why? Because different chip designs need different additional components, with different price "per GH"...

40nm chips are usually cheaper per area and therefore around the same price per GH. (wafer cost!)

If you want to know the chip costs, you would need to try and buy an enormous amount of chips from spondoolies, as the price will then quite accurately reflect their internal cost + small profit.

The actual chip aka wafer costs shouldn´t differ too much from industry standard wafer costs, and you could actually calculate them when you know the area of the chips.

The NRE should also be around 2-5M$, which would be the ballpark for 28nm bitcoin mining asics.

You will most likely not get spondoolies to tell you their internal chip costs,
a) because it would be bad for business and
b) it depends on the volume they sell, which they don´t know yet.

Finally, what would you do with their internal cost? It obviously isn´t the price of finished hardware, neither the chip price for customers (big/small).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:40:37 AM

I don't understand why they stopped producing the SP10 Dawson, it would still sell like crazy.  Huh

SP10 'Hammer' - 7.5 GH/s; 0.58 W/GH/s ; Costs sub $0.90 GH/s for the chips?"

SP30 'Rockerbox' - 200 GH/s; "The first ASIC company to break the 0.5 W/GHs barrier" Costs sub $0.50 GH/s for the chips?

SPXX 'PickAxe' - XXX GH/s; 0.34 W/GHs; Costs sub $0.40 GH/s for the chips?

SPXX 'Mattock' - XXX GH/s; 0.10 W/Ghs; Costs sub $0.20 GH/s for the chips.

Basically this is a war on. It is to develop the cheapest most efficient chips and there are only two real players Spondoolies versus BitFury with the capabilities to do this level of design.

Spondoolies is going Nuclear on efficiency and price and hopefully they will continue selling their chips to anyone with the cash / btc.

Any corrections needed?

I think I was pretty close to the costs of the chips if anything higher than actually off the factory floor prices.

Lot's of corrections. Putting $/GH/s aside, RockerBox is 0.34 W/GHs at the ASIC level.
PickAxe is  Grin

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:42:02 AM

good to see you back

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:11:45 AM

Are you forgetting that alliedcontrol tested AM boards at 0.6w/gh at the wall?

BS

Are you saying allied control is lying?

Let's see a live proof first then I will believe it. You are arguing about SP30 performance while not being launched, but you don't argue one single statement about this performance knowing that it takes less than 5 minutes to get a proof.

We all know that AM and AlliedControl are close friends so obvious reasons are obvious.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 10:31:39 AM

Are you forgetting that alliedcontrol tested AM boards at 0.6w/gh at the wall?

BS

Are you saying allied control is lying?

No.

40G process is more sensitive to static leakage at high temperatures.
It's true to AM Gen3 and to our Hammer ASICs.

In the SP10, the Hammers are kept at about 110C
By using DT IC with SP10 boards, the system efficiency will improve by about 10% - 15% from the ASICs alone.
I don't have enough data to analyze the savings, if any, due to immersion of the PSU and DC2DCs.

By BS I've meant that you need to compare apples to apples.
Hammer is better than AM Gen3 in terms of W/GHs. I remind you that we EOL Hammer.

Regarding RockerBox: 28 HPM is considerably less sensitive to static leakage at high temperatures.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:04:42 AM

Can you at least stop with the false advertising?

Or has there ever been a time where you offered the best w/gh and $/gh?
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:10:56 AM

Really?

I paid 2 x SP30 for under .7$ / gh/s DELIVERED to Norway... that is better than anything else right now.

It will have 0.34 w/gh per chip... we can test that when it gets plugged in next month.

I don't find anything FALSE here.

Seriously you are bashing these guys given the other shameful companies still hocking wares here in Bitcoinland? Come on Jimmothy you are being more than transparent here Spondoolies Tech is not claiming anything that they can NOT deliver. They are unlike many of the other companies out there cause they do have a VERY professional team. One of the best in this community. You would have to agree to that.

This sort of targeting of Spondoolies seems very out of place given the real problems the community faces. You  have been watching them provide exemplar worthy customer service right? I mean serious they have gone out of their way to make customers happy well outside the basic "contract" for miners. Seriously there are few if any flies on their shit.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 11:13:50 AM

No false advertising. Just a pissed off AM SH (my favorite) waiting for his (her?) dividends.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:17:00 AM

Really?

I got an SP30 for under .7$ / gh/s... that is better than anything else right now.

It will have 0.34 w/gh per chip... we can test that when it gets plugged in next month.

I don't anything FALSE here.

I'm assuming you mean the april "group buy"?

If so then you probably paid ~10 btc or ~$1/gh.

That same 10 btc could buy 7TH worth of antminers shipped in ~2 weeks.
Bicknellski

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:20:56 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 11:33:50 AM by Bicknellski

Really?

I got an SP30 for under .7$ / gh/s... that is better than anything else right now.

I don't anything FALSE here.

I'm assuming you mean the april "group buy"?

If so then you probably paid ~10 btc or ~$1/gh.

That same 10 btc could buy 7TH worth of antminers shipped in ~2 weeks.

You couldn't buy that in APRIL. I bought S2s that were over 1.5$ Gh/s at that point possibly higher.

So?

Where is the lie? And it will still be cheaper than any ANTMINER... considering the power, psu, cables etc and the racks / space you would need to match the 12 TH/s of 2 SP30s. Tell me how are you going to host that array of S3's and the octopus of cabling? Not as easy as the SP30s. How long to get everything set up squared away. 4 clicks of lambs tail and the SP30s will up and purring away. Let us see how the PSUs also compare... I think the SP30s will be much more reliable given the experiences with the S2s I had even though I am very happy with Bitmain I am sure I am going to be even happier with my SP30s.

Let us stop pissing in the wind Jimmothy.

Right now if you are going buy you are going to buy either Spondoolies or Antminer or even Rockminer. I bought from both SPTech and Bitmain nothing yet from Rockminer but I will soon as I want to support the companies that do GREAT things for the customers like ship relatively on time with a product that is to specifications. All three do what is required to make their customers happy. They DO NOT LIE or ATTEMPT to BS the community. You have to admit this or you are basically not paying attention or purposefully trying to drag SPTech's name through the mud.

You lose credibility bashing SPTech on minor aspects when it is plain to see that they produce the best products at a reasonably good price in a reasonable amount of time. So does BitMain so does Rockerminer there are plenty of other fabricators we need to warn people NOT to buy from these 3 are ok in my book and I think anyone following the forums closely enough knows this as well. Stray even slightly from these 3 at the present time and you might find yourself sorry you didn't buy from them if you still think mining is even a good bet.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 11:49:18 AM

me too

Waiting for AM dividends ?

bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 11:53:05 AM

Really?

I paid 2 x SP30 for under .7$ / gh/s DELIVERED to Norway... that is better than anything else right now.

I don't find anything FALSE here.

Seriously you are bashing these guys given the other shameful companies still hocking wares here in Bitcoinland? Come on Jimmothy you are being more than transparent here Spondoolies Tech is not claiming anything that they can NOT deliver. They are unlike many of the other companies out there cause they do have a VERY professional team. One of the best in this community. You would have to agree to that.

This sort of targeting of Spondoolies seems very out of place given the real problems the community faces. You  have been watching them provide exemplar worthy customer service right? I mean serious they have gone out of their way to make customers happy well outside the basic "contract" for miners. Seriously there are few if any flies on their shit.

you have paid for preorder
you are not hashing
you have frozen your money
you will not mine back your btc
you are hoping that miner will be on time (95% preorders are not)
you are hoping that miner will have advertised specs (most preorders have not)
you are hoping that miner/chips will not be held by customs (avalon case)
you are hoping that difilcuty in september will be low (it wont be)

better go play just-dice...
or buy hardware in stock
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:59:13 AM

you are not hashing

or buy hardware in stock

Feel free to buy the available in stock miners while we do pre-orders with Spondoolies  Cool

Bicknellski

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:01:06 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 12:45:43 PM by Bicknellski

You couldn't buy that in APRIL. I bought S2s that were over 1.5$ Gh/s at that point possibly higher.

So?

Where is the lie? And it will still be cheaper than any ANTMINER... considering the power, psu, cables etc and the racks / space you would need to match the 12 TH/s of 2 SP30s. Tell me how are you going to host that array of S3's and the octopus of cabling? Not as easy as the SP30s. How long to get everything set up squared away. 4 clicks of lambs tail and the SP30s will up and purring away. Let us see how the PSUs also compare... I think the SP30s will be much more reliable given the experiences with the S2s I had even though I am very happy with Bitmain I am sure I am going to be even happier with my SP30s.

Let us stop pissing in the wind Jimmothy.

Right now if you are going buy you are going to buy either Spondoolies or Antminer or even Rockminer. I bought from both SPTech and Bitmain nothing yet from Rockminer but I will soon as I want to support the companies that do GREAT things for the customers like ship relatively on time with a product that is to specifications. All three do what is required to make their customers happy. They DO NOT LIE or ATTEMPT to BS the community. You have to admit this or you are basically not paying attention or purposefully trying to drag SPTech's name through the mud.

You lose credibility bashing SPTech on minor aspects when it is plain to see that they produce the best products at a reasonably good price in a reasonable amount of time. So does BitMain so does Rockerminer there are plenty of other fabricators we need to warn people NOT to buy from these 3 are ok in my book and I think anyone following the forums closely enough knows this as well. Stray even slightly from these 3 at the present time and you might find yourself sorry you didn't buy from them if you still think mining is even a good bet.

you are not hashing

or buy hardware in stock

I gamble on hardware not dice.

I am happy with my pre-order vs pick a company name insert here that is not Rockminer, BitMain or SPTech.

As I stated and you didn't read I guess I also bought BitMain S2s from in-stock. So... I am perfectly aware there are  available items in stock much cheaper than minersource you know.

And I am also considering buying DIRECT from Rockminer unless a good GB presents a phenomenal price but again not from minersource the mark up there is pretty high.

Who said I am mining BTC or paid in BTC?

I am not hoping for anything other than the miner to be delivered to spec and on time.

I already said in the last line...  "Stray even slightly from these 3 at the present time and you might find yourself sorry you didn't buy from them if you still think mining is even a good bet."

You do your own homework. You pay attention and good luck.

Listen I am not arguing your points but there are plenty of places to throw your money at so is buying stock in AM or DataTank Mining etc it is all a crap shoot. Even buying in stock stuff can come back crap broken or late... it is all a risk. Buy BTC or an Alt if you want to get the biggest returns I say. I do that as well. This is not a singular investment for me I am not banking on one miner or two there are plenty of angles that do not necessarily involve direct mining.

What I do know is that Spondoolies works very hard to deliver as promised. And given the alternatives if you are going to buy miners they would be one of the first companies you want to look at then please do your homework on the "ROI" aspects. I am no fanboi... I am realistic person the bottomline is important to me and that is why I want to buy miners from people who deliver full stop. My reasoning whether sound as an investment will be determined later on what I actually do with the miners after I receive them. It isn't simply ROI... there are other things at play here. Your view in my opinion is much too narrow given the many alternative services being provided today.

tzortz

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:22:58 PM

Let them cry when we get our SP30's in our hands.

Wink

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 02:00:50 PM

Wink

if offer will be good i will buy those jets from stock.
Collider

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:03:37 PM

Wink

if offer will be good i will buy those jets from stock.
Sure, if you can find anyone willing to sell Wink
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 02:56:10 PM

I love a good scrap. When do the first SP30s ship ?
Collider

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:58:39 PM

I love a good scrap. When do the first SP30s ship ?

End of July, but you would have to give me $10K for that one  Grin  Tongue

The problem is that nobody will sell them under the price they bought them at  Roll Eyes
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 02:59:52 PM

Those would be the April Farmer's Market 3 x SP30 for ~ 20K USD machines ?
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: