Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:02:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260221 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:02:38 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 01:48:29 PM by HR

Can anyone come up with anything similar from other sources?

BTW:

What's the status with getting DMD listed on MintPal?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
srcxxx

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 04:16:59 PM

http://groestlcoin.biz
1% fee Diamond pool
No registration necessary (just point your miners to stratum+tcp://groestlcoin.biz:3334 and use your wallet address as login)
No transaction fees
Payouts every hour (from 0.1 DMD)
Now with per uses statistics: http://groestlcoin.biz/workers

PS: I finally made it work, 5 blocks found so far. Payouts work ok.
ECM

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:01:11 PM

1% fee Diamond pool
No registration necessary (just point your miners to stratum+tcp://groestlcoin.biz:3334 and use your wallet address as login)
No transaction fees

Great work! Ive been following Groestlcoin also and recognize you from there. Happy to see your interest in DMD.
I joined the pool and saw that I get no Invalid Shares here as compared to Danbi's where I had around 4%. I guess Amsterdam is closer.......to my heart! Wink

Can anyone come up with anything similar from other sources?

BTW:

What's the status with getting DMD listed on MintPal?

I have held on firmly to my right not to join a non-working exchange. Thus I have never had an account at Crapsy and I have never had my money frozen/lost/neglected. I have tried several exchanges and most of them are stable. I do like MintPal a lot as I perceive them to be very quick with both deposits and removal of funds, apart from having good activity on all of their markets. I will start voting for them to add DMD. But currently it has 300 votes and is on place number 190. Number one has 19k votes. So it wont happen over night.

Does the DMD Dev team have anyone in charge of "External Relations". Could be a position to manage the contact with (meaning slightly harassing) Exchanges, Comparision websites (whattomine, CoinWarz) and bloggers/crypto-websites. And not to forget that there should be a good contact with the devs of Groestl coin so that any issue is adressed swiftly and accurately.

danbi

Activity: 393

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:29:23 PM

1% fee Diamond pool
No transaction fees

Great news, you got it working.

I don't really understand why people get so many rejects from stratum at dmdpool.digsys.bg -- my miners get virtually zero rejects. Perhaps --no-submit-stale will help?

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:17:49 PM

I do like MintPal a lot as I perceive them to be very quick with both deposits and removal of funds, apart from having good activity on all of their markets. I will start voting for them to add DMD. But currently it has 300 votes and is on place number 190. Number one has 19k votes. So it wont happen over night.

This from MintPal "Coin Voting"

• We're also accepting payment votes! We've put a lot of time and capital in to making the exchange, and we believe it's only right to let users show their confidence in new coins by allowing them to use their wallets. Each 0.001 BTC received will count for 1 vote. All payment votes will be publicly visible, as you can see by clicking the addresses below, and will go directly to improving MintPal's infrastructure. Payment votes are automatically credited every 15 minutes after 1 confirm. https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Those coins at the top of the list look to have massive "payment vote" support (if I am interpreting the data correctly). DMD has had ZERO "payment" support - all 300 have been 'real' votes. Hence, this looks like as good a "DMD Foundation Task" as any, where a few bitcoins might be very well spent. Smiley

And thanks too for the rest of your comments, and very astute suggestions (that I couldn't agree with more).

polanskiman

Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:53:34 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 04:04:47 AM by polanskiman

You are talking about loading time. I am talking about quitting the application.

It must be your system in particular, because on both of my Macs, running with OSX 10.9.3 - quitting Diamond takes about 2 seconds.

Thanks for sharing. I'm on 10.9.2. Logs files do not provide any significant information on the reasons. I might update to 10.9.3 see if that helps.

Check to see if you ever had Homebrew or Macports installed on your Mac before.  You may have to do an update on them, as they may have fiddled with your libraries...

If you did, you can't have both, you have to choose between Homebrew or Macports - not both - having both will corrupt links to libraries.

Thanks. No homebrew here. Macports on the other hand I do have and is already the latest version.

Do you run mining on your Mac wallet? Any wallet that mines (-gen from command line or generate=1 in config file, or setgenerate command) will quit slower, as it is waiting for each thread to complete it's getwork piece. Disable mining and it will quite instantly ;-)

No such command added to the wallet or .conf file. Rig and wallet operate independently for safety reasons and I am not mining with my MAC since I want to preserve it.

As I said earlier, the wallet doesn't quit slow. It simply doesn't quit and stops responding. Therefore I need to force quit it. ;-)

I have also noticed that although the main windows says v2.0.1 the About Diamond-Qt states 2.0.0.0. The debug window also states that the client is 2.0.0.0. So which is what?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 06:30:55 AM

es the DMD Dev team have anyone in charge of "External Relations". Could be a position to manage the contact with (meaning slightly harassing) Exchanges, Comparision websites (whattomine, CoinWarz) and bloggers/crypto-websites. And not to forget that there should be a good contact with the devs of Groestl coin so that any issue is adressed swiftly and accurately.

what sence would a foundation make if its not focusing on such tasks  Cool

we active in all that directions but we follow a priority plan

and pre mintpal we want to have the new wallet released

get traded at mintpall will add momentuum we aim to combine positive effects

chances are existing we dont have to go trough the voting process

as old coin in new clothes we deserve to be there and lot people with connections share that opinion

we will trigger that connections in time

go trough voting is plan b

and prepare that by spend some clicks sure is helpfull too

whattomine list us (and high ranked)

coinwarz didnt last time i checked and we wrote another mail to them

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
danbi

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:54:23 AM

I have also noticed that although the main windows says v2.0.1 the About Diamond-Qt states 2.0.0.0. The debug window also states that the client is 2.0.0.0. So which is what?

This is probably an oversight. The client version is now v2.0.1, which affects wallet file version etc. It is more related to the features the wallet supports. But the display version has been left at 2.0.0.0 which is irrelevant and is only used for display purposes. These should be fixed for the next release as to not confuse people.
Don't really understand why the original bitcoin wallet had two version numbers, an legacy quirk. (not only that, but it had these defined in a number of different files)

PS: I intend to build myself an Mac wallet soon, and will check your experience.

polanskiman

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:21:56 AM

This is probably an oversight. The client version is now v2.0.1, which affects wallet file version etc. It is more related to the features the wallet supports. But the display version has been left at 2.0.0.0 which is irrelevant and is only used for display purposes. These should be fixed for the next release as to not confuse people.
Don't really understand why the original bitcoin wallet had two version numbers, an legacy quirk. (not only that, but it had these defined in a number of different files)

PS: I intend to build myself an Mac wallet soon, and will check your experience.

Noted. I find it ironic that it's you who is answering some questions that should be answered by the admins of DMD. Anyways, once again thanks.

Also, my version of Xcode is 4.xx. I will be updating that to v.5. Will double check MacPorts again see if I properly installed it. This is seriously starting to be annoying and I am considering to mine something else as I am loosing trust on how admins/dev are answering questions in a professional manner. They keep answering questions that have been answered so many times but avoid others which have never been answered.

I actually wanted to compile my own version of the wallet since I never got any answers from the admins as to who pcmerc is since he doesn't seem to be from the DMD team. I guess they didn't like the recommendations I did some time ago so they are ignoring my requests. Anyways, the pb was that I hit a few errors during the compilation process so I stopped due to lack of time. Will try again once I have updated everything till the bone! Let me know how you end up building the MAC wallet.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:14:08 AM

Source code fixes to sph-sgminer published at https://github.com/danbi/sph-sgminer.

Hope to have it soon merged with the main branch. You can compile your own version. Let's hope someone does it for Windows users.

Hi!

I've set up a NOMP pool and compiled your miner in BAMT.

But when I run it, I'm getting only rejects with text like:

Code:
low difficulty share of 0.233/0.125.

Do I need to set some other difficulty muliplier?

Also, could somebody share a Windows binary?

Thanks

Still experiencing this same issue running 4.1.0-103-g00015-dirty on Ubuntu 12.04 using a standard startup that works both solo mining and on danbi's http pool (only changes are stratum+tcp and username - just tested danbi's stratum server and I also get this same "low difficulty share" reject on everything submitted there as well, and then a "pool interrupted", "not responding" and a failover to http where I started getting accepts again).

ECM

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:03:27 AM

es the DMD Dev team have anyone in charge of "External Relations". Could be a position to manage the contact with (meaning slightly harassing) Exchanges, Comparision websites (whattomine, CoinWarz) and bloggers/crypto-websites. And not to forget that there should be a good contact with the devs of Groestl coin so that any issue is adressed swiftly and accurately.

what sence would a foundation make if its not focusing on such tasks  Cool

we active in all that directions but we follow a priority plan

and pre mintpal we want to have the new wallet released

get traded at mintpall will add momentuum we aim to combine positive effects

chances are existing we dont have to go trough the voting process

as old coin in new clothes we deserve to be there and lot people with connections share that opinion

we will trigger that connections in time

go trough voting is plan b

and prepare that by spend some clicks sure is helpfull too

whattomine list us (and high ranked)

coinwarz didnt last time i checked and we wrote another mail to them

Im happy to hear this. Shows that you are thinking things true and working in the right direction.

1% fee Diamond pool
No transaction fees

I don't really understand why people get so many rejects from stratum at dmdpool.digsys.bg -- my miners get virtually zero rejects. Perhaps --no-submit-stale will help?

I thought of that No-submit-stale switch and did add it. Though it only stops the miner from sending it to the stratum (in vain). The actual share is still unusable (stale) although it does not show up on the Pool dashboard...and CGwatcher will still keep a record of it. The truth is still that 4% of the shares I create are of no use. Resulting in me only running at 96% of my capacity. I suspect that the problem is primarily on the location of the server, which probably is quite far from me. Though I am not requesting you to move it Wink as it probably suits a hell of a lot of other people. My second guess would be the exceptional workload that your server receives as you currently host 80% of poolminers.
Im saying all this without knowing your specifics, but the main point being that the problem is not yours to solve Smiley As more pools arise and ppl start spreading the hash it will all auto-correct.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 09:06:34 AM

Noted. I find it ironic that it's you who is answering some questions that should be answered by the admins of DMD. Anyways, once again thanks.

and u know he is not one of them?   Roll Eyes

the first one who manged to get a -k groestlcoin miner diamond pool running
the first one who managed to get a -k diamond miner diamond pool running

a friendly guy who had always a open ear for questions
and who act very professional in everything he do

if i would be part of the foundation team i would try to get him on board

ohhh i am part of foundation team.....  Cool

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
danbi

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:18:33 AM

Source code fixes to sph-sgminer published at https://github.com/danbi/sph-sgminer.

Hope to have it soon merged with the main branch. You can compile your own version. Let's hope someone does it for Windows users.

Hi!

Code:

Thanks

Still experiencing this same issue running 4.1.0-103-g00015-dirty on Ubuntu 12.04 using a standard startup that works both solo mining and on danbi's http pool (only changes are stratum+tcp and username - just tested danbi's stratum server and I also get this same "low difficulty share" reject on everything submitted there as well, and then a "pool interrupted", "not responding" and a failover to http where I started getting accepts again).

This is interesting, as I see more and more people using the stratum server at dmdpool.digsys.bg, instead of the pushpool server.

You may wish to send me via PM your worker name so that I can look at logs what the server sees from you.

When using stratum with groestl, you should really supply the --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 parameter. It is not necessary and ignored with pushpool. Probably I could make both interfaces work the same way, but it is already too late (too many miners to disrupt) and it is well documented for sph-sgminer.

danbi

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:27:41 AM

1% fee Diamond pool
No transaction fees

I thought of that No-submit-stale switch and did add it. Though it only stops the miner from sending it to the stratum (in vain). The actual share is still unusable (stale) although it does not show up on the Pool dashboard...and CGwatcher will still keep a record of it. The truth is still that 4% of the shares I create are of no use. Resulting in me only running at 96% of my capacity. I suspect that the problem is primarily on the location of the server, which probably is quite far from me. Though I am not requesting you to move it Wink as it probably suits a hell of a lot of other people. My second guess would be the exceptional workload that your server receives as you currently host 80% of poolminers.
Im saying all this without knowing your specifics, but the main point being that the problem is not yours to solve Smiley As more pools arise and ppl start spreading the hash it will all auto-correct.

Might be the network round trip time. What ping times you see to dmdpool.digsys.bg?
The server is not loaded at all. In fact, it runs a number of other tasks, over a dozen pools and... from time to time I do run an CPU miner just to fill up more the CPU cores Smiley
It does have some kind of disk bandwidth bottleneck, primarily because too many things write too many log files, but still far away from loaded. That is being addressed anyway.

Other than that, I still do believe it is my task to identify and resolve issues with the service I started (the Diamond mining pool and permanent node). So, if the server somehow causes you to generate rejects, I am looking for ways to fix it.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:07:01 AM

you should really supply the --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 parameter.

@danbi, thanks for the reply. The --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 parameter is part of my standard config (if I remember correctly, it's not possible to solo mine without that parameter, and it's used for Groestlcoin mining as well).

Will do some more testing and more thorough documentation when time allows before PMing you (I'm very busy for the rest of the day . . . maybe later tonight).

In the meantime, perhaps some of your other stratum miners could post config and/or bat file configurations?

johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:48:08 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 12:02:11 PM by johndec2

Just a thought... The value of DMD is 1/2 what it was 2 weeks ago. Why?  Could it be that the market is not impressed by the non delivered promises of the devs?  Where is the PoS?  Yes, I've heard all about the testnet not quite working out...  Dudes, don't promise things you can't deliver... In fact, don't promise things UNTIL you can deliver.  I'm still mining, got over 600 DMD but even my patience is starting to wear thin.  You aren't the only alt algo out there you know.  In fact ATM just about any other alt algo looks more tempting.

Fingers out guys.  Time to deliver and give the coin a boost. We are all aware that you are taking a 5% skim off every block.  You're getting paid, start earning your money.
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:06:47 PM

At the moment, high extraction complexity not corresponds to the low price.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:17:54 PM

Hi!

Code:

Thanks

This is interesting, as I see more and more people using the stratum server at dmdpool.digsys.bg, instead of the pushpool server.

You may wish to send me via PM your worker name so that I can look at logs what the server sees from you.

When using stratum with groestl, you should really supply the --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 parameter. It is not necessary and ignored with pushpool. Probably I could make both interfaces work the same way, but it is already too late (too many miners to disrupt) and it is well documented for sph-sgminer.

"Issue" Resolved

I said in my original post that the only things I changed in my startup script were from the http address to either stratum+tcp://dmdpool.digsys.bg:3333 or stratum+tcp://groestlcoin.biz:3334 and the username. (username only on groestlcoin.biz, of course)

Another "duh" moment: I also needed to change the kernel to diamond.  Embarrassed

danbi

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:30:57 PM

"Issue" Resolved

I said in my original post that the only things I changed in my startup script were from the http address to either stratum+tcp://dmdpool.digsys.bg:3333 or stratum+tcp://groestlcoin.biz:3334 and the username. (username only on groestlcoin.biz, of course)

Another "duh" moment: I also needed to change the kernel to diamond.  Embarrassed

As a "bonus", you should know that the "diamond" and "groestlcoin" kernels work identical on solo mining or pushpool mining. They only differ in stratum (getblocktemplate) mining, as GroestlCoin has deviated from the common dtandard (*) by using sha256 for the transaction hashes instead of sha256d as most other coins do.
This means, that irrespective of how you mine Diamond, you can always use the 'diamond' kernel. It will also work for solo mining GroestlCoin and non-stratum GroestlCoin pools.

(*) Then, today there is no such thing as "standard" in this area, because all blockchains are different and coin devs do pretty much what is in their imagination.

polanskiman

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 01:35:55 PM

and u know he is not one of them?   Roll Eyes

the first one who manged to get a -k groestlcoin miner diamond pool running
the first one who managed to get a -k diamond miner diamond pool running

a friendly guy who had always a open ear for questions
and who act very professional in everything he do

if i would be part of the foundation team i would try to get him on board

ohhh i am part of foundation team.....  Cool

All I know is that he is answering while you are not, and since it is not clear who the team is, I can only assume who is who. If Danbi is part of DMD team then good for you because at least I can understand what he says in a proper American English or perhaps Oxford English!! Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: